Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance (31866 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by bidexmat(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa: surveillance is useless quarantine all 139 peeps. shikena! angry angry angry
and that is if those fools knw wat quarantine means. They allowed the primary contacts with mr sawyer come from home for check up. They were surpose to be isolated for not less than 40 days, hence the wide spread such as this. If we talk nw dem go say dem sabi wetin dem dey do! Mp kor! So gross man!!

3 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Arosa(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Alexk2: [Arosa]surveillance is useless quarantine all 139 peeps. shikena! angry angry angry
bros., what if you have a relative among the 139?...tell us what your comment will be.

Even if my Father is one of them they should all be quarantine. Mind you quarantine is no death sentence, It's just a control measure.

3 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by himclfgud(m): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nonybb: Ebola Patient would start getting cure when White Elites in UK, US, Australia, Canada and India got infected. For now its an African Disease and Pharmaceutical Companies wouldnt profit from the Drug until there is a large lethal cases available, then the Drug would sell considerably. For now Africa is a Case study to taste its scourge level and then Capitalist would lobby WHO to assist them. The Capitalist are in corroboration with Pharmaceutical Companies. Billions would be made from the Deal and Zmapp would be available. By then it would be cheap, not because the Capitalist have subsidize it out of generosity, but because it had Profited huge billions from WHO deal it had with it. The world is a capitalist nation

Totally agree with you, and soon vaccine will be made available after they'v made all the money the could .....God help us cry
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa:

Even if my Father is one of them they should all be quarantine. Mind you quarantine is no death sentence, It's just a control measure.

My father would insist on quarantining himself, even. Do people not know what quarantine means?? Like you said, it's not a death sentence!

2 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Arosa(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
bidexmat: and that is if those fools knw wat quarantine means. They allowed the primary contacts with mr sawyer come from home for check up. They were surpose to be isolated for not less than 40 days, hence the wide spread such as this. If we talk nw dem go say dem sabi wetin dem dey do! Mp kor! So gross man!!

I'm beginning to suspect they really don't know what quarantine means.

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by cliffm43: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA ..HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU??BE-CAREFUL AND STOP MAKING PEOPLE TO FEAR
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by TBD(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
EBOLA=EBELE O.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Arosa(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

My father would insist on quarantining himself, even. Do people not know what quarantine means?? Like you said, it's not a death sentence!

Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Biggyd2: 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please Lagos State should stop BRT and other buses elsewhere from overcrowding their buses. Many of these buses still carry people with many standing at very close proximity to each other! shocked. Some days back I was at a bank which was so overcrowded and the ACs were not working!

We could start wearing hand gloves and face masks. i have noticed that some people have already started doing that. wink.They are relatively cheap.

And we must change or upgrade our hygiene practices. Wash your hands always (as many times as possible) with water and soap especially before your leave or enter your house. Take your bath too. The prices of sanitizers have skyrocketed but like a Doctor said, adding bleach to water to wash your hands is as good or better. You could also buy methylated spirit instead of sanitizers.

Companies and organizations are advised to provide hand washing materials for visitors to use before entering their establishments. They are advised to use deposable hand towels instead of cloth towels.

Make a conscious effort to avoid rubbing your hand over your face, to avoid introducing an virus into your mouth or eyes. It is difficult, but try until you get there.

Avoid crowded places if you can. Let's minimize the parties etc, unless absolutely necessary. And yes, we all know by now, handshaking and hugging is a serious no no, Lol grin wink

LET US HELP OURSELVES, EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT EBOLA, MANY DON'T KNOW THAT THIS IS A KILLER DISEASE. LET EVERYONE BE AWARE and TAKE PREVENTIVE MEASURES. God helping us, this will pass.

NL, please add more info about how to protect ourselves if you of any? Moaning everyday about this this will lead us no where, at least until there is a cure.

My 1Kobo.

4 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Emekamex(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
GEJ's government is beginning to piss me off seriously. Nothing seems to go right under his watch. I don't know if I should blame him or the incompetent people he chose as ministers?

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by cwitch: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by chinkichun: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
World War Z
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Arosa(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Emekamex: GEJ's government is beginning to piss me off seriously. Nothing seems to go right under his watch. I don't know if I should blame him or the incompetent people he chose as ministers?

I don't blame GEJ for this at all.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by gebest: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
O Lord if it's because of our iniquity that is caursing this ebola, pls ve mercy on us and heal our land o God.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Tizak:

My humble advice as a good citizen of Nigeria is that the government should secretly gather all those suspected carriers of the disease who are not yet showing symptoms and send them abroad on all-expense-paid trips to highly populated cities of those countries you mentioned and lodge them for 2 months.

By the time they start showing symptoms, it will be too late and the greedy companies will have to act to save their own people... angry angry angry

Imagine the incredibly lazy and monumentally stupid_ idea some people are having undecided

Infect the whites so they can create a cure for black people. Why? Because the blacks are too retarded_ to come up with a vaccine or cure by themselves abi?

2 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by kingslly(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
by surveillance u mean watching d 139 contacts make other contacts or even dissappear like d nurse's relatives did,or gettn their various numbers and calling dem on phone to tell dem not to travel out of lagos? honestly d lagos state officials and our health officials are just busy doing nothing.....i'll give kudos to no one cos they did nothing,ebola is not in senegal yet but we have close to 10 deaths already and 139 contacts who are gonna multiply anoda large figure.Let dem stop decieving us and pretend they are working hard.

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Praktikals(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
impromptu: We all know we lack good data management in this country. If they say 2, I will just assume 20. God help us all. White house ain't doing that.
Nigerian government figures are usually in hundreds. If they say 2, they mean 200. May the good lord be our shield.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by eelvismd(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
donclark:

The Federal Government has announced that two more Nigerians have been confirmed to have contacted the Ebola virus disease.

So far, three Nigerians have contacted the Ebola virus disease, and health experts say case fatality for Nigeria is 28.6%.

A total of 139 contacts have been put on surveillance.

More details to follow.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/08/fg-says-two-more-nigerians-have-been-confirmed-with-ebola-virus-disease/
http://www..com.ng/2014/08/breaking-fg-says-two-more-nigerians.html

I thought the word in bold ought to be "contracted".

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by fosta(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
donclark:

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/08/fg-says-two-more-nigerians-have-been-confirmed-with-ebola-virus-disease/
http://www..com.ng/2014/08/breaking-fg-says-two-more-nigerians.html
it shall not come near my dwelling place. Jesus is the answer for immunity, just accept Jesus then 2 Peter 1:2 will be you case.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by oyetobi31(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
ghost mood activated... shocked
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by obayaya(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
What exactly do they mean by surveillance? Monitoring their every moves? While they still come in contact with other people? or what?

How about quarantining them straight away and monitoring them closely from there?

I don't understand this surveillance whatever!!!

3 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by bidexmat(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa:

I'm beginning to suspect they really don't know what quarantine means.
they dn't in any way. They are as clueless as sh*t. The most painful thing is that they are lying to us evryday! Evry sector is so porous.

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by luckygirl02(f): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
alingo4life:

Gossh..A nairalander close by?Am also in Ibadan,Apete to be precise..Abeg make we hook up..send me a PM please..No i would send you one.thanks
For your Info, there are so many Ibpoly students here
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Arosa(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
bidexmat: they dn't in any way. They are as clueless as sh*t. The most painful thing is that they are lying to us evryday! Evry sector is so porous.

This is so sad. sad cry
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Na wa o! angry
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
obayaya: What exactly do they mean by surveillance? Monitoring their every moves? While they still come in contact with other people? or what?

How about quarantining them straight away and monitoring them closely from there?

I don't understand this surveillance whatever!!!
and the senator spake my mind grin
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by pascalmilan11(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
all this people that are claiming wise even thinking dat they are wiser than God d race is nw tougher no way to escape unless u are still putting God in consideration cos only him has cure for incurable plague
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by collinsdocuments: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
If you Nairaland mods do not have any good news to publish, then shut up. We are tired of all this Ebola rubbish. We only need precautionary measures. All this news about Ebola death should reduce. Typical Nigerian mentality of overdoing things. [/quote] please spread my Lord Jesus , stop sleeping Nigeria we can stop this in LOVE those infected should go for treatment , rather than running away, cos when u run u endangering ur family n friends , u might just die and see the rest of ur family all dead STOP THE MADNESS
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by obayaya(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: and the senator spake my mind grin

The things just tire me!!!

I woke up with a feverish feeling this morning and here I am second guessing myself if I have Ebola embarassed angry

When it could be malaria knocking cry

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
fellis: Imagine the incredibly lazy and monumentally stupid_ idea some people are having undecided

Infect the whites so they can create a cure for black people. Why? Because the blacks are too retarded_ to come up with a vaccine or cure by themselves abi?
Sweetheart, I will not bring myself down to the level of insulting you to get my points across.

This is not an issue of laziness, but of problem solving. The whites only have the solutions because they have been working with Ebola for a while. Also, they have better trained and experienced staff to handle such a dangerous and monumental disease. Do you think any indigenous company will not have started selling vaccines if they had it? At the moment, we are incapable of helping ourselves, so we must get our help from elsewhere.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is this: if the situation was reversed and we were hoarding the cure for profit reasons, do you think there will even be a discussion about the correctness or otherwise of my suggestion? The CIA would have long done the same.

You may not like the method, but when push comes to shove, you have to do what's best for your people.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by adeokunade: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Am confused, the report said 2 more people has contacted the virus bringing the number of victims to 3 so far, what we heard before is that 7 Nigerians has been test positive including the doctor the doctor that is still lying critically ill and the nurse that is dead with the liberian not included. If the fatality rate is 28% and we have recorded two deaths which is the nurse and the liberian. So how many people are infected?
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by obayaya(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
bidexmat: they dn't in any way. They are as clueless as sh*t. The most painful thing is that they are lying to us evryday! Evry sector is so porous.

They do know what quarantine is!!! I guess they were trying to be lenient with the suspected cases.

That was a huge mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians, Prepare For More Hot Days & Warm Nights - NIMET Warns, Lists Way Out / Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.