Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nigerian Government Should Review Its Policy And How It Affects The People. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian Government Should Review Its Policy And How It Affects The People. (515 Views)

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Intern Dies Of Exhaustion, Bank To Review Its Culture Of Long Hours / The Real Truth About The Cote D'ivoire Impasse And How It Affects Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Should Review Its Policy And How It Affects The People. by Kayharry(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
I find this dissatisfying. Recently relocated to the in United Kingdom and what I figure in my quest searching for job is very depressing. Most of the job applications I made were turned down on the basis that I am not a British national. That is very understandable. So applied for a work permit which was granted. Having the work permit didn’t really helped much. At this turn, I decided to look into jobs in Nigeria since there are jobs located in Nigeria through UK job agencies.
This is where the story get more interesting. I saw an Ad for a job posted on RHL website titled “Commissioning Mechanical Engineer” I applied for this job and called the agency to follow-up. I was transferred to the guy in charge of the role and we had a chat. He asked about my experience which I explained and how relevant it is to the role advert. He now said that the problem he has is that the role requires a British national and I interrupted quickly, stating that ‘I am a Nigerian National’. He said well but the role in question requires a British national. At this point I was perplex but really don’t want to show my rage not to burn bridge.
Now, I am wondering the kind of policy the Nigeria Immigration service pushing, if a British National get a preferential job treatment over a Nigerian national. And yet the unemployment rate is overwhelming. I think it’s time the Nigerian government review its policy and how it affects the people.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Launches National Identity Card Scheme / British-iranian Woman Jailed Over Volleyball Protest Released On Bail / Ghana, Cote D’ivoire, Others To Create New Force To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.