Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill (797 Views)

The 1o Basic Things Every New Girl On Campus Should Note In Order Not To Experi / 11 Useful Math Tips You Probably Never Learned In School!!! / 11 Ways To Improve Your Memory And Remember More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill by favourgeorge(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
If you are a writer, you would be well aware of the fact that there are sometimes when ideas pop into your head and you are not just ready for it. Probably you were driving, having a chat session with some senior colleagues, in a seminar room, or engaged in a way that wouldn’t freely offer you the flexibility of noting this very fresh hot idea down on a pad. If that has ever happened to you, or something similar then you need to read this through. If you haven’t been faced with anything of this sort, don’t worry get yourself armed with this tool as it would prove to be of help in a time of need.
What am about to share with you is something I have practiced for a long while now, and I would maintain this habit. I write songs, books, short articles such as this, poems, etc.
I really fancy the idea of writing and once had the thought that it was difficult and had a lot of complexities.
But today, I feel happy each time I sit in front of my system to write or with a pen and a writing pad. It gives me this great feeling and joy. I still believe I need to improve and to that effect I am committing a lot of resources and hard work. If you have the desires to write and feel it is a difficult lane to go, don’t worry I once had those hitches too, I would love to offer a hand to help you explore that potential resident on the inside of you.
WHAT IS AUDIO BOOK?
One could choose to explain this in some ways peculiar to his/her approach. But generally this is what an audio book would mean.
Audio book may refer to a book in the audio format. That is listening to a voice instead of actually reading the text. Thus you become a listener rather than a reader. In this book you don’t read but you listen. You don’t underline important ideas and phrases; you jot them down on your own pad.
• The audio book is important in that it helps the listener (reader) understand more what scenario the writer is creating. Like you know the voice carries great import and could be varied in a number of ways to create differing kinds of impression. These impressions may be missed out when readers read through the book.
• The audio book format brings the listener in closer contact with the writer. It makes the listener feel the presence of the writer who could otherwise be miles away.
• It gives the listener the flexibility of engaging in other activities such as – walking, cooking, washing, domestic chores, working etc.
• It creates space for a lot number of people to join in the reading/listening process. It would be quite difficult for 5 – 6 and more to read one book in the hardcopy at the same time.
• It is a better way to present a book to a blind man.
HOW WOULD AUDIO WRITING HELP A WRITER?
Actually, this is the reason for writing this. I had you in mind, you the writer. Earlier we talked about the phenomenon that arises when an idea pops up and we are not prepared to bank it. Sometimes we would want to save them up in our memory, but finally we discover that when we are ready to pen them down we would have forgotten substantially the integral parts of whatever came to our mental house or lose it all entirely. To eliminate or sideline that, I discovered this audio writing technique.
What do I do? When this ideas pops up I simply get my phone into the recording mode and begin to talk while it records. It’s that simple. Isn’t that wonderful? That is a wow concept. Yes, by so doing we reduce the process of idea loss to not being prepared at the moment. You will discover that with this you could save a lot of inspirations and ideas about the very book you are working on.
Personally, I’ve discovered that this process helps me access a broader horizon on the idea am trying to develop. It becomes part of you and you don’t really need so much to start that – only a thinking mind and a phone equipped with a recorder. I use this process to save my songs and ideas that otherwise would have been lost. A very practical example: most times I get new inspirations while am taking my bath, or using the rest room. Don’t get the crazy thoughts right now, Hahahaha – I also know some folks who are in my shoe. You know, at that moment when you are bathing, writing becomes odd. So what do I do? I always go in with my little phone. Whenever it begins to pop up I get into the recording mood. It’s that simple.
You have to get your writing skill to a new level, you have to improve and develop, you have to build a strong connective link with your readers and create that perfect audience, and I’ve shown just one way to help. If you could get into action with this method you will surely find a better writer in you. I know some colleagues might be into this already… if you are, then your view would highly be recommended to put more life into this.
You could also share what other methods you use to make your writing experience a happy and enjoyable walk.
Drop your comments and don’t forget to share. Let someone be inspired by your simple act of sharing. Oh I almost left this out… like our page now.
Have fun exploring your writing potential.
Hot tips you need to know about audio books. (A-book system)
Re: Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill by UjSizzle(f): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oh I'm not a writer, but this is something I wouldn't mind trying out. I've also learned that writing without thinking also helps unclog your mind. You can edit whatever you penned down afterwards and develop/delete whatever you wish.

1 Like

Re: Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill by experimentist: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Spacke booked, I'm comin'
Re: Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill by Skillz02(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
9CE INFO
Re: Tips You Should Note To Improve Your Writing Skill by favourgeorge(m): 6:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
ZIT Theatre presenting NEBUCHADNEZZAR
Today it was as if all of heaven was let loose, you know? I guess you do, imagine how enigmatic and life commanding the atmosphere was, standing on that stage with the host of on-lookers, interpreting King (Nebuchadnezzar) “if you have a Hebrew dictionary check that spelling out” I had just commanded all of Babylon to bow down and pay homage to my newly erected image – the church sat with regular gaze looking into my face as if to say they hadn’t discerned they were the Babylonians I just spoke to. I continued hold the regal for which the king would bestow on me had he been privileged to find me telling his story.
Soon came the infamous report of the 3 Hebrew guys that had defiled my orders. Whaaatttt The king stormed out in a loud roar as the boys approached not minding his seemingly perturbed state. They made him (me) look like “lol”, as they next lines of action rolled out, these boys were thrown into the fire! Wait a minute; did I forget to tell you that all these were happening in the church? Did they have to burn the church auditorium down? Well we had to make it look shocking real, producing a fire in church was the flavor, it was the sweet part, as soon as these boys were cast into the flames, the whole assembly went like wooooohhh, “ awwwhhhh” someone could be saying glory be to God the boys weren’t burnt, but did I care the least? All I wanted was to have these kids bow to me in my regalia, but sadly enough, they did not and that’s what they got for questioning my order.
You seem to have forgotten the part where my guards died huh? Yes, actually they did, they had collapsed as they burning furnace was lit up seven times more. I
And for me? I had to join the boys to dance to the rhythm of the song they played and worshiped their One True God. You know what happened in church at this point? I saw them, all of them that sat like dele and amobi statues from stories my mother told me, they danced along with the boys and I. what are you waiting for to join in the dance?
There is no one as mighty as God Almighty, he does the impossible, saves you from the fires of BH bomb blast, from the wicked arms of Ebola, he does all what they say cannot be done. Why don’t you start sharing and celebrating the one that has us at the centre of his heart.
Happy Sunday folks. One love, have a blessed week ahead.
Pictures from the Sunday special - Nebuchadnezzar

(1) (Reply)

Winners Of 2014 Chevron/nnpc Scholarship Award Is Out, Check Here / Nigerian Teachers Threaten To Strike Over New Resumption Date / School Of Nursing Uch Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.