Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,238 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend (4170 Views)

You Won't Believe The Rubbish Statement My Friend Boyfriend Made Over Sex / Reasons Why Ladies Steal Their Friend's Boyfriend / Help!! My Friend's Boyfriend Wants To Date Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by oladimejiX: 11:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
We were in our final year of high school, and my beautiful, highly intelligent and talented best friend, Fiona, had met the man of her dreams. She was over the moon in love with him and I could understand why. He was caring and thoughtful, tall and good-looking. He was serious eye candy and I found myself blushing in his company and often had impure thoughts about him.

Fiona and I were both equally ambitious to go to university the next year.

For the past six years we'd been inseparable, spending every weekend camped out at each other’s houses. We'd had our fair share of boyfriends along the way, but always remained true to one another in the name of female solidarity.

But I knew Ryan was different. He wasn’t just a distraction for Fiona, he was the one. We had our final exams to study for and they paced their time together, kindly including me on outings as often as they could.

When Ryan's parents invited Fiona to dinner to meet the girl of his dreams, I was invited along as well. They all seemed to adore her and when Ryan's father confided in me that "she was the girl he would marry", I felt the first twinge of jealousy set in.

I had never before felt jealous of her, because I loved her unconditionally as my best friend. While she was a natural blonde with bright blue eyes, I was confident with my smattering of freckles and hazel eyes. I felt we were both pretty in our respective ways.

Our school year ended on a high note, with both of us doing very well academically. Fiona was dux and we all went out to celebrate. Ryan was so proud of her and gave her an amazing commitment ring. I was green with envy.

When the university offers came in, Fiona was offered a full scholarship to study medicine at Otago University in Dunedin, New Zealand. I did not get into the medical course I'd applied for, but was accepted for a BSC degree at Sydney University in our home town. At first I was sad that we'd be separated, but then I remembered how envious I had been feeling lately. I reasoned some distance between us might be a good thing.

Ryan was inconsolable when he found out about her offer, as he'd just accepted a new job in Sydney and this was to be the start of a rewarding career for him. They spent every living moment together leading up to her departure for university. I was left out of their plans. I felt sorry for myself and missed my best friend.

The time soon arrived for Fiona to move countries and leave Ryan and me behind. Ryan was as lost as I felt and he started to spend more and more time with me and my family.

I saw this as my opportunity and turned on all the charm. I was always so grateful to see him, chatting about Fiona and filling him in on her university gossip. One day I hinted that she’d met a fellow student she was pretty interested in.

This broke Ryan's heart, but I had no conscience. I knew that I wanted him for myself. I was prepared to go to battle and lose Fiona’s friendship for him.

They exchanged a few heated emails, with Ryan accusing her of cheating on him. She invited him to come over so they could sort out this misunderstanding.

He asked me for advice and I lied blatantly, telling him Fiona had treated all her past boyfriends this way. He believed me, as he reasoned I knew her best, and broke it off with her. I could tell her world had crumbled. She called me to chat and Ryan answered the phone. He was firm when he told her that it was really over between them and revealed that he was interested in me now. At last, I was victorious!

I cut all ties completely with Fiona, changed my mobile number, moved in with Ryan and warned my family that I wanted nothing more to do with Fiona.

A couple of years later we got married and Ryan supported me through university. Over the years we had two children who both look so much like him.

A year ago Ryan was offered a career change with a move to Auckland, and I instantly thought of Fiona. It had been 12 years since we had seen her. We discussed it and both felt that if she were still living in New Zealand, we would have no problem seeing her again.

I found her email address and we began to chat. She was now a successful doctor practicing in Auckland and was very happy to make contact with me again. Ryan and I decided to invite her over to meet our children.

When she walked in the door, she lit up the room with her beauty, grace and wonderful energy and I remembered just how much I missed her.

She looked amazing, toned and tanned, having just returned to NZ after a summer break in Europe, water-skiing and sailing in the Mediterranean. She'd done very well financially, far better than we had, and owned a lovely heritage home on the shore.

Next to her, with the rush of life and the exhaustion of motherhood, I felt like a wilted flower. I was envious of her lifestyle – she was planning a winter break to ski in the Alps. I realised that I'd missed out on her company all those years and could see how much Fiona lived, played and worked with vitality. I was envious and impressed at the same time.

Our children instantly fell in love with her too. Our young daughter asked her, "Why don't you have children of your own? You would be a fantastic mum.”

To which Fiona replied, “I've not met the man to spend the rest of my life with yet."

I looked up at Ryan then, and saw his eyes soften. I can’t help feeling responsible for destroying their hopes of a life together.

I really hope they never find out how I lied.
source www.loveandcash.com

1 Like

Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by pussyeater(m): 2:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Wetin consin us?

1 Like

Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by onstelly(f): 2:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmm ok
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Houseofglam7(f): 6:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
They will eventually find out duh
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by justi4jesu(f): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
summarize plzzz... angry
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by purplesummer(f): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2014
I enjoyed the story. It should have a part 2 grin
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Gstring1(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Veri lenty...i nid sumary.!
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Weak willed man. You didn't steal him,he left her.
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by harffie(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Don't get it twisted- This is a confession
I no read am sef....
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2014
Oyibo story.

You will explain to God.

Wicked woman.
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by priscaoge(f): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2014
U stole the guy? Is he a piece of wrist watch
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2014
You see why I'm still making inquiries on where I can get acid? #justkidding# grin kiss

1 Like

Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Tymax(m): 10:37am On Aug 09, 2014
andromida: Weak willed man. You didn't steal him,he left her.
Really? Is that how you see it?
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by publicenemy(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2014
copy and paste
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by hardbody: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
purplesummer: I enjoyed the story. It should have a part 2 grin

typical lady, stories that touch the heart......

so how is that my problem or even our problem here on NL. See where Dem dey for New Zealand and me here for Lagos, Nigeria, struggling nit to bath with salty water to avoid Ebola, while for them na love in Tuscana be their problem. Ok na....
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by boxer022(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
oladimejiX:

We were in our final year of high school, and my beautiful, highly intelligent and talented best friend, Fiona, had met the man of her dreams. She was over the moon in love with him and I could understand why. He was caring and thoughtful, tall and good-looking. He was serious eye candy and I found myself blushing in his company and often had impure thoughts about him.

For the past six years we'd been inseparable, spending every weekend camped out at each other’s houses. We'd had our fair share of boyfriends along the way, but always remained true to one another in the name of female solidarity.

But I knew Ryan was different. He wasn’t just a distraction for Fiona, he was the one. We had our final exams to study for and they paced their time together, kindly including me on outings as often as they could.

When Ryan's parents invited Fiona to dinner to meet the girl of his dreams, I was invited along as well. They all seemed to adore her and when Ryan's father confided in me that "she was the girl he would marry", I felt the first twinge of jealousy set in.

I had never before felt jealous of her, because I loved her unconditionally as my best friend. While she was a natural blonde with bright blue eyes, I was confident with my smattering of freckles and hazel eyes. I felt we were both pretty in our respective ways.

Our school year ended on a high note, with both of us doing very well academically. Fiona was dux and we all went out to celebrate. Ryan was so proud of her and gave her an amazing commitment ring. I was green with envy.

When the university offers came in, Fiona was offered a full scholarship to study medicine at Otago University in Dunedin, New Zealand. I did not get into the medical course I'd applied for, but was accepted for a BSC degree at Sydney University in our home town. At first I was sad that we'd be separated, but then I remembered how envious I had been feeling lately. I reasoned some distance between us might be a good thing.

Ryan was inconsolable when he found out about her offer, as he'd just accepted a new job in Sydney and this was to be the start of a rewarding career for him. They spent every living moment together leading up to her departure for university. I was left out of their plans. I felt sorry for myself and missed my best friend.

The time soon arrived for Fiona to move countries and leave Ryan and me behind. Ryan was as lost as I felt and he started to spend more and more time with me and my family.

I saw this as my opportunity and turned on all the charm. I was always so grateful to see him, chatting about Fiona and filling him in on her university gossip. One day I hinted that she’d met a fellow student she was pretty interested in.

This broke Ryan's heart, but I had no conscience. I knew that I wanted him for myself. I was prepared to go to battle and lose Fiona’s friendship for him.

They exchanged a few heated emails, with Ryan accusing her of cheating on him. She invited him to come over so they could sort out this misunderstanding.

He asked me for advice and I lied blatantly, telling him Fiona had treated all her past boyfriends this way. He believed me, as he reasoned I knew her best, and broke it off with her. I could tell her world had crumbled. She called me to chat and Ryan answered the phone. He was firm when he told her that it was really over between them and revealed that he was interested in me now. At last, I was victorious!

I cut all ties completely with Fiona, changed my mobile number, moved in with Ryan and warned my family that I wanted nothing more to do with Fiona.

A couple of years later we got married and Ryan supported me through university. Over the years we had two children who both look so much like him.

A year ago Ryan was offered a career change with a move to Auckland, and I instantly thought of Fiona. It had been 12 years since we had seen her. We discussed it and both felt that if she were still living in New Zealand, we would have no problem seeing her again.

I found her email address and we began to chat. She was now a successful doctor practicing in Auckland and was very happy to make contact with me again. Ryan and I decided to invite her over to meet our children.

When she walked in the door, she lit up the room with her beauty, grace and wonderful energy and I remembered just how much I missed her.

She looked amazing, toned and tanned, having just returned to NZ after a summer break in Europe, water-skiing and sailing in the Mediterranean. She'd done very well financially, far better than we had, and owned a lovely heritage home on the shore.

Next to her, with the rush of life and the exhaustion of motherhood, I felt like a wilted flower. I was envious of her lifestyle – she was planning a winter break to ski in the Alps. I realised that I'd missed out on her company all those years and could see how much Fiona lived, played and worked with vitality. I was envious and impressed at the same time.

Our children instantly fell in love with her too. Our young daughter asked her, "Why don't you have children of your own? You would be a fantastic mum.”

To which Fiona replied, “I've not met the man to spend the rest of my life with yet."

I looked up at Ryan then, and saw his eyes soften. I can’t help feeling responsible for destroying their hopes of a life together.

Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Abbey2sam(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
I like this story sha.......abeg create part 2 for am
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tymax:
Really? Is that how you see it?

Yeah. You and ur gal are fighting and just cos her bestfriend said she is this and that you start sleeping with her bestie sotey drop your beloved sweetie. Abeg this kind of man is weak willed.
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Tymax(m): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
andromida:

Yeah. You and ur gal are fighting and just cos her bestfriend said she is this and that you start sleeping with her bestie sotey drop your beloved sweetie. Abeg this kind of man is weak willed.
Hey babe! "It wasn't me" grin No use me do this kine example abeg. grin

Besides, the man has to consider the view of his babe's "Best Friend". She is privy to deep secrets na. I don't think the man was weak. He was deceived.
Last Bullet:
When a womans's heart becomes a snare for a man, only God can deliver him....grin Eccl 7:26- "And I find more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are fetters. He who pleases God shall escape from her, but the sinner shall be trapped by her." (NKJV)
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by sashash(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie: You see why I'm still making inquiries on where I can get acid? #justkidding# grin kiss
LmAO u go wicked small ooo
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2014
sashash: LmAO u go wicked small ooo
Lol, am not o...but why person go do her homegirl this kind thing? Not fair @all.
Backstabbers everywhere, that's why I don't have much female friends. I stick to my male hommies.
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2014
And some day your best friend will steal your Husband.
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2014
oladimejiX:

Great post! This is obviously an eye-opener. I guess I should ask how the single lady ended her life? Did she later got married? OP, I certainly did not mean to pick on you but I think you're the type that brings problems to someone's relationship. Poke-nosing is your kind of thing cheesy and I can understand why. Probably you're desperate. cheesy

This is just when you're thinking about something in your entire life and out of the blue you realized that something you did before and it changes your whole life. Food for thought for all the girls out there. Do not get entangled with what does not belong to you because there's always drawbacks and a price to pay for all this nonsense. smiley
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tymax:
[i][size=10pt][color=#5E2605]Hey babe! "It wasn't me" grin No use me do this kine example abeg. grin

cheesy
You dey fear?
Re: I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend by sashash(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol, am not o...but why person go do her homegirl this kind thing? Not fair @all.
Backstabbers everywhere, that's why I don't have much female friends. I stick to my male hommies.
so its true dat females sly each oda mo dan themselves

(1) (Reply)

3 Awful Truths About Sex / She Likes Me But I Love Her Sister!!! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.