Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62496 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 1:47am On Aug 09, 2014
The husband and children of the Nigerian nurse who died after getting infected with the Ebola virus are on the run, the health officials in the country have said.

Nigeria is the fourth West African country to be hit by the Ebola outbreak since it first emerged in March in Guinea. The virus entered the country when Patrick Sawyer, who was suffering from the disease arrived by plane late last month in Lagos.

Sawyer, who worked for the Liberian government in Monrovia and had a wife and three young daughters in Minnesota, was on a business flight to Nigeria when he fell ill.

The nurse, the only Nigerian fatality from the disease which has killed over 900 people in four West African countries, was exposed to the virus at a health facility Sawyer was taken before his death.

The nurse’s family were not the first to flee from quarantine. In Sierra Leone, health ministry data and officials, dozens of people confirmed by laboratory tests to have Ebola are now unaccounted for.

Industry watchers say the government more increase public awareness and sensitisation to educate the public.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation (WHO) is meeting with Nigerian Ebola Research Team on control and remedy of the disease.

A six-man research committee was inaugurated by the Federal Government on August 4, 2014 with a mandate to carry out research on the deadly contagious virus.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/ebola-family-of-dead-nurse-on-the-run/
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Leopantro: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2014
‘National Hospital has no quarantine centre’

AUGUST 9, 2014 BY SUNDAY ABORISADE AND ADE ADESOMOJU, ABUJA

The Federal Government has yet to create a quarantine centre for the treatment of persons suspected to have been infected with the deadly Ebola virus disease.

Spokesperson for the National Hospital, Abuja, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, who stated this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, however, said that the Federal Ministry of Health had established centres in collaboration with some private health facilities in the nation’s capital city.

7 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ayukdaboss(m): 2:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Na wa O...Naija which way? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by gidjah(m): 2:56am On Aug 09, 2014
WHERE DEM come dey run to na?them want to increase our trouble abi?pls send trained police dogs after them,they must come back and get quarrantined plshelp us to help your self

65 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ifekemmy(f): 3:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

To everyone dat corrected n enlighten me, thank u so much.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Mynd44: 3:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Health terrorism?

30 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Kalvan500: 3:54am On Aug 09, 2014
What are they running from?!

Ehnn!!!

Ngwake, why ban me till 2041?!

7 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Osama10(m): 3:55am On Aug 09, 2014
This is getting scary by the day. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 09, 2014
put their damn picture to the public, and in the next two days they will probably be found dead or alive, but i know nigerians they will surely be found burnt

106 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by tellwisdom: 3:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

13 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by MissyDivah(f): 3:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola bet why naija nah
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by shadowwalker101: 3:58am On Aug 09, 2014
very scary
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ALKARULEZ615(m): 4:00am On Aug 09, 2014
Make them run enta Chibok abeg... Dose BH guys must contact am abeg

25 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

157 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 09, 2014
Why are they running? Ignorance is a disease!

12 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Aromas: 4:06am On Aug 09, 2014
MissyDivah: Ebola BUT why

I guess you bath with salt n hot water yesterday!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Sijo01(f): 4:08am On Aug 09, 2014
If this is true, they are worst than BH and should be declare enemies of mankind.

11 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 09, 2014
Why are they fleeing. They are gonna die anyway. #NaOnlyThemWakaGo

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by MissyDivah(f): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2014
Lol no I didn't am not dumb I know that can never prevent or cure Ebola nah tongue am sure u did
Aromas:
I guess you bath with salt n hot water yesterday!!!!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Gboliwe: 4:10am On Aug 09, 2014
Why would they run? This will just multiply the problem

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by rill: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Fear of the unknown
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Olucheye(m): 4:12am On Aug 09, 2014
What if they've had contact with the Nurse and they're infected and out of their sheer ignorance they're spreading it all out again.

I hope the Government realize that This isn't time to monitor anyone but a time to quarantine anyone even the Grand commander of the Armed Forces if need be...

We can't afford to have a mega scale situation like this on our plate...
Common insurgency we can't not to talk of Ebola.

11 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

Very irresponsible statement. Do you know that in Liberia with early treatment over 60 percent of people survive the virus? This drops to the 90th percentile when the treatment is late. This reason contributed to the nurses death. So I heard. Now she put not only herself at greater risk but also the lives of her husband and children. Assuming she turned herself for treatment and didn't run, she will probably still be alive now. This is the message we should be spreading. Ebola is not a death sentence with early treatment. People survive it and thereafter becoming forever immune to it. I think her husband and children names and pictures should be released as WANTED with strict consequences for harbouring them.

75 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Y'all better run. Y'all ain't gon catch my a$$ cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by BrAkingNews: 4:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Sijo01: If this is true, they are worst than BH and should be declare enemy of mankind.

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by LMAyedun(m): 4:14am On Aug 09, 2014
My people perish for lack of knowledge

This family's disappearance is dangerous for the country as a whole. Its a pity.

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by padeolu: 4:15am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run
and we go hunt you down with jazz, cutlass and guns. O da nkan kan mo

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Truckpusher(m): 4:20am On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by odeku457(m): 4:21am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

RUN... BUT SINCERELY TO WHERE??

THE FAMILIES OF THE NURSE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IF THEY STILL STAY FOR OBSERVATION.
THEY ARE RISKING OTHER INNOCENT NIGERIANS LIVES BY ABSCONDING!!

8 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by sonofaGod: 4:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Smh,its all fun to u guys now till u have a relative or loved one infected with d virus,nigerians always finding a way to joke about everything

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by kobonaire(m): 4:21am On Aug 09, 2014
shocked

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Harmattan In February: Nigerians React / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.