Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola (73577 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by uzo200(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
teeo: Good news

How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.
taalking of bokoharam, no News about them lately ooo... What happened?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by duni04(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
I think the best treatment now is prevention. Lets not romanticize surviving ebola and treatment for ebola which may allow people let their guard down. Ebola is still a serious threat!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmmmmmm same thing on my mind. Hope the virus wouldn't start turning its victims to vampires embarassed

DICKtator: WORLD WAR Z.
WHERE IS BRAD PITT WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by tyty413: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
That good news, I pray all those affected in nigeria will survive as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/1849959/jewelry-making-made-fun-easy
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
yeye man so you are still alive cheesy

Okijajuju1:

These stories are indeed beautiful, but why have these people not been taken in as test subjects to understand how they overcame the virus?

O! I forgot...

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2014

How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.
Lol.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by cruise14(f): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nursing - most noble profession.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thank God for the survivors, there is hope.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by amiskurie(m): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
papiforreal: There is Light at every tunnelchannel

Yes,and no

you get Fire crackers at the end of isreali Gaza tunnels.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by 1stola: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
delishpot:

God bless you. Ehen, its people like thid we like to hear not those that blame all evils on America.
Biko while at it, make sure they provide onlt the best protective gear for you o. Cos naija government will even cut coners to buy wrapper to cover their own mothers nyansh talkless another person. Abeg, if they start with mago mago just waka leave them with your life and health intact. Forget all thise that will say endure and do it for God. Wosai!
Do not rely on their empty life insurance BS. Do like our players did during the world cup. Demand for all you need and make sure you get them. From med supplies to fees.

Oya o, who sabi direction for him to apply undecided
That's the spirit...
Thanks!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by cruise14(f): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why can't they shake hands with Jonathan? Gej is a Nigerian and his life is not worth more than those who have died from Ebola. We just have to do our best to control the disease and kick it out of Nigeria.
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

grin grin I don't totally agree with your assertion. Imaging Boko Haram infested guys sneaking into their various towns and embracing/shaking hands with folks there. Some would even seek audience with their enemies (those in power), pretending to be their loyalists. Just imaging an infected Boko Haramist, pretending to be a Chibok parent, shaking hands with GEJ?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Fairgodwin(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
englishmart: all these jam-packed write ups, is it that There's no space?

lol, you really made me laugh. Honestly, I was wondering just the same thing.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by kabba7(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2014

ME THINK THIS EBOLA THING JUST INVADE NEXT WEEKS FEDERAL EXECUTIVE.COUNCIL TO HELP CLEAR ALL THOSE CORRUPT FACES THEREIN .
that will quicken the end of looting in nigeria .
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Alabsworld(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
Does dat means there is Ebola Drugs in Sierra-leon? Dats gud news oooo
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by maxit2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2014

And you think the boko boys wont spread it to innocent nigerians ?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Rapwiz(m): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
smileyOkay I thank God for him too Okay I thank God for him too Okay I thank God for him too
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Ologunjude(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
A Pharmacist Who is Based In Britain Shares the final Cure Of the incurable Virus Ebola. The Sales bid at $20.70 selling 45% of drugs Before Thursday Morning. The Pharmaceutical Firm and Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Made Final conclusion On their practicals and The Outcome is a Testimony To the World.

The New Drug Cure Which is a partial Detail of Ebola and would Have Effects On victims who has the Symptoms. Early in the Month Of August The Company Pharmaceutical Logic Trial On the Research, Made a Progress a Few People Where tested having the virus and It worked Perfectly. This had been A bone in the Neck in West Africa and Most Countries Of the World.

The end To these Disease is What we See to and The Circumstances, we Have To face is crucial. The TKM for The disease is a remedy,The Tekmira Firm Says the Point of View shown the Removal on Path block Visual Spread calls For permanent Removal of the Disease.

We Know That Government Agencies are Quite been careful and placing investigations on So called Remedy and the truce. A Doctor in Texas University In United states Said the Drug Works Perfectly On monkeys, And Delivery Of these Drug Who reach pinnacle.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by UjSizzle(f): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hope cry
I'm so happy for them. Now others can get well too smiley

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by okotv(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2014

....and the girls would be seriously affected. Dont wish your enemy evil cause it might come back to hurt you.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ologunjude:
A Pharmacist Who is Based In Britain Shares the final Cure Of the incurable Virus Ebola. The Sales bid at $20.70 selling 45% of drugs Before Thursday Morning. The Pharmaceutical Firm and Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Made Final conclusion On their practicals and The Outcome is a Testimony To the World.

The New Drug Cure Which is a partial Detail of Ebola and would Have Effects On victims who has the Symptoms. Early in the Month Of August The Company Pharmaceutical Logic Trial On the Research, Made a Progress a Few People Where tested having the virus and It worked Perfectly. This had been A bone in the Neck in West Africa and Most Countries Of the World.

The end To these Disease is What we See to and The Circumstances, we Have To face is crucial. The TKM for The disease is a remedy,The Tekmira Firm Says the Point of View shown the Removal on Path block Visual Spread calls For permanent Removal of the Disease.

We Know That Government Agencies are Quite been careful and placing investigations on So called Remedy and the truce. A Doctor in Texas University In United states Said the Drug Works Perfectly On monkeys, And Delivery Of these Drug Who reach pinnacle.

First Tekmira is working on a vaccine,not a drug.

Secondly....the vaccine is still in phase 1 testing.....and great caution is being exercised in the testing of the drug.

Thirdly...the vaccine is being tested in the US. The ultimate goal is to test the vaccine in Africa and see how well it does in the field...but that is phase 3 testing...and you have to jump several ethical hurdles to get there(to say nothing of the amount of time...up to ten years..before you get to that stage.).

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by delishpot: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Okijajuju1:

These stories are indeed beautiful, but why have these people not been taken in as test subjects to understand how they overcame the virus?

O! I forgot...

They do not need to take them in, just blood sampes and maybe life style history is needed. Ie what they all have in common, food, meds, herbs etc.
That could have been taken by interested parties a long time ago through their hospitilization and recovery period.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Chlorin: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
God is great he did all things acconding 2 hs will.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by danielmichael(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola and the WHO politics!
My Questions!
*if it is true that the Ebola virus was
first discovered in
the '70s in Congo why did it not
spread between the
70s, 80s, 90s and even the early
2000s?
*Where was the virus hiding all those
years?
*What triggered the sudden spread?
*Where is the drug formula that
curtail the spread from
the 70s to early 2000s?
*Who invited Patrick Sawyer the
conference in Nigeria?
*Why was his name not in list of the
invited delegates
in Calabar?
*Why was he cleared at the
*Monrovia Airport to travel
when he was visibly sick?
*How come the Press knew about his
entrance, name
and status few hours of his arrival in
Lagos?
*Why did Patrick Sawyer chose to
come and die with
his ailment in Nigeria, the Black most
populated
Country?
*Why did he not go to South Africa
or Kenya?
*Why did the US have to fly their two
citizens from
Liberia to US for treatment?
*What stops Obama from sending the
vaccine to Africa?
*Why did the WHO release $400m
immediately Patrick
Sawyer was reported dead in
Nigeria?
*Why did they not release the fund in
time to stop
Ebola spread in Seria Loan, Guinea and
Liberia?
*Why did Nigeria Health Ministry start
confirming
Victim cases immediately the WHO
approves the
money.
*Why is every Health worker in
Nigeria desperate to be
included in the Ebola team?
*Why?
I just wish I can have answers!!!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by ondujum: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by gebest: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thank God there's hope
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by carolconfee: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
The US produced prototype EBOLA serum ZMAPP is showing positive result and it would soon be shipped to west Africa,A fellow concerned Nigeria has been able too push some buttons and ordered for some bottles of this serum..If you are interested like our page or contact us at carolconfee@gmail.com to order for a bottle of ZMAPP serum but please note that you must give it to a qualified doctor to use on you either for prevention or treatment.stay safe www.facebook.com/confee
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by cuteboy2: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
wazoboy: Nigerian researchers should take some serum samples from these our brothers and sisters ASAP (USA must have done that since!), afterall if Liberia could infect us, then Sierra leone could help cure it!

Spot on bro. The key to developing vaccines for tough viruses is to extract the serum of survivors, and use the antibodies therein for research and in the production of vaccines.

If Nigerian researchers are smart they should track down all survivors and collect a broad spectrum of serum, since by now it is almost certain that the Ebola virus would have mutated into various strains in various populations.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
carolconfee: The US produced prototype EBOLA serum ZMAPP is showing positive result and it would soon be shipped to west Africa,A fellow concerned Nigeria has been able too push some buttons and ordered for some bottles of this serum..If you are interested like our page or contact us at carolconfee@gmail.com to order for a bottle of ZMAPP serum but please note that you must give it to a qualified doctor to use on you either for prevention or treatment.stay safe www.facebook.com/confee

Are u related to OBJ? SCAM! Ole. Mod do the needful sharply
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by cuteboy2: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2014

Intriguing thoughts. Or better still have Nigerian Counterterrorism Agencies consciously introduce it into Boko Haram camp. It will be quite an interesting sight to see Shekau and his murderous gang come out from Sambisa forest pissing and vomiting blood grin grin grin

But then it is a double edged sword. They will certainly infect all the girls they are holding captive and also spread in the general population. BH are animals. angry
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by DaBullIT(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Someone said Ebola benched boko haram bandits , I totally agree with you , boko haram is not in top 10 trending news anymore ,Ebola is

Furthermore , I think they left their hideout in the forest to escape being infected by gorillas and bats ,hehehe them dey fear die gaan o

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by JurassicPark: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
We Thank God..

Viruses can't kill everybody. There people with complex DNA structures, that even Ebola will bow after invading such bodies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Center In Yaba / University Otuoke Female Student Who Took Tramadol Dies During Sex In Bayelsa / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.