Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,014 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:28 AM

Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace - Foreign Affairs (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (59480 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Russian Nuclear Submarine To Test Launch Bulava ICBM Within Two Days: Source / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
castrogee:

Good point! But I don't ever think USA will want to engage Russia in a nuclear conflict. For me it doesn't make any sense, MAD is very much an indisputable fact. Have you noticed Putin's body language lately, he seems unperturbed by everything west and he looks ready to tackle the west in every direction. Mehn that guy is a complete badass, I understand that he is make an encroachment into Estonia and is changing the Russia's military doctrine to a pre-emptive strike approach against the USA.

The whole drama is getting bloody scary.. [size=15pt]I sincerely pray that my fears do not begin to manifest.[/size]

I'm even praying more than you. May this drama never get out of hand.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by EMANY01(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
castrogee:

Good point! But I don't ever think USA will want to engage Russia in a nuclear conflict. For me it doesn't make any sense, MAD is very much an indisputable fact. Have you noticed Putin's body language lately, he seems unperturbed by everything west and he looks ready to tackle the west in every direction. Mehn that guy is a complete badass, I understand that he is make an encroachment into Estonia and is changing the Russia's military doctrine to a pre-emptive strike approach against the USA.

The whole drama is getting bloody scary.. I sincerely pray that my fears do not begin to manifest.

The US as military entity has the capability to handle the Russian threat but the current US political leadership can not.
That advantage is well known to Putin and he is milking it for all its worth.
Should a strong Republican emerge and win/or tend to win the presidential election in 2016 (a highly evolving possibility) you would see the relations between Russia and Europe /US normalize after Russia would have won some (facts on the ground) concession's.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by castrogee(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ EMANYO1

I've heard a lot of these arguments about the possibility of US thrashing Russia in a military engagement under a republican govt. even though I wouldn't want to call such supposition an outright case of extreme ignorance... I would still prefer to let you know that the military doctrine of a country is not contingent on who the leader is. If USA military doctrine is to fight any perceived enemy it does not matter who is occupying White House. This is USA and not Nigeria, an example, Americas military strategy says - Do Not Negotiate with Terrorists, this is their foreign policy dictates, even if a toddler is the president he won't change the rule.

I also want you to know that in 2008 Russia invaded Georgia backed with all military assurances from the USA yet the Georgian forces fell within four days of fighting, Viola your almighty Bush (a republican president) pretended not to have noticed what happened. In 1999 Russia led by Putin thrashed the Chechen forces in a month though it was backed by the west. You may well read about Vietnam war and Cuban missile crises and find out for yourself what a war between the east and west will look like.

Point is; nobody wants war and I think the greatest mistake America will make is to provoke a nuclear war with Russia, my brother for a truth that will be the end of America. Certainly, a multi polar world is herein inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
castrogee: @ EMANYO1

I've heard a lot of these arguments about the possibility of US thrashing Russia in a military engagement under a republican govt. even though I wouldn't want to call such supposition an outright case of extreme ignorance... I would still prefer to let you know that the military doctrine of a country is not contingent on who the leader is. If USA military doctrine is to fight any perceived enemy it does not matter who is occupying White House. This is USA and not Nigeria, an example, Americas military strategy says - Do Not Negotiate with Terrorists, this is their foreign policy dictates, even if a toddler is the president he won't change the rule.

I also want you to know that in 2008 Russia invaded Georgia backed with all military assurances from the USA yet the Georgian forces fell within four days of fighting, Viola your almighty Bush (a republican president) pretended not to have noticed what happened. In 1999 Russia led by Putin thrashed the Chechen forces in a month though it was backed by the west. You may well read about Vietnam war and Cuban missile crises and find out for yourself what a war between the east and west will look like.

Point is; nobody wants war and I think the greatest mistake America will make is to provoke a nuclear war with Russia, my brother for a truth that will be the end of America. Certainly, a multi polar world is herein inevitable.

Explain the bold please. Why do you think a multipolar world is inevitable? What will be Russia's role in this scenario?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by castrogee(m): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
@ carefreewannabe,

Sister, I do not have the english or dictionary meaning if a multi polar world, but politically, it is a situation where there are many centers of global activities. Different or many structures of command, it is antithetical of a unipolar world where only one center of command exist and in this case only the United sates calling the shots.

Obviously, examples abound of how the US overtime have manifested its singular authority and forced the entire global comity of nations to accept its verdict. I need not to mention the injustice that belied the war in Iraq and how Saddam was murdered in a cold blood. The world saw what happened and pretended to be busy. Such example shows the inherent abnormality in a unipolar world.

You have asked me what is Russia's role in a multi polar world and why I think the advent of multipolarity is inevitable? I want you to know that Russia is a military SUPERPOWER and there are arguments very valid argument that Russia'S military strength both nuclear and conventional strength surpasses that of the US. If not for Russia's military strength Ukraine would have been a member of NATO. So from the foregoing with its military strength Russia is putting America in check... No longer as America pleases! Ditto china in economic power.

A clear example of multi polarity, America discovered shale oil and subsequently it led to a decrease in her oil importation. Initially, with this kind of development countries like Nigeria will starting having trade deficit but conversely Nigeria is having trade surplus thanks to India. What happened was that immmidiately America reduce its oil Importation from Nigeria, India stepped in and replaced america effectively. Such an example is the blessing associated with multipolarity.

If you need more lecture on this you can go online and search for Putin's Munich speech of 2007. In that speech Putin clearly stated that a unipolar world is not only impossible to practice but that it is dead in today's world. I think that speech was what made Putin to be a chief enemy of the west and must be.... (Your guess is as good as mine)

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
castrogee: @ carefreewannabe,

Sister, I do not have the english or dictionary meaning if a multi polar world, but politically, it is a situation where there are many centers of global activities. Different or many structures of command, it is antithetical of a unipolar world where only one center of command exist and in this case only the United sates calling the shots.

I know the meaning of the term "multipolar".

Obviously, examples abound of how the US overtime have manifested its singular authority and forced the entire global comity of nations to accept its verdict. I need not to mention the injustice that belied the war in Iraq and how Saddam was murdered in a cold blood. The world saw what happened and pretended to be busy. Such example shows the inherent abnormality in a unipolar world.

First of all, the USA became the single world power after the fall of the Soviet Union, which at the same time led to a unipolar world. The Americans did not force the entire global community of nations to accept "its verdict" because the Soviet Union, which was then an empire, forcing nations to be part of it, fell for different reasons, among them was the will of its people to replace communism.

I have always opposed the war on Iraq but, for the sake of completeness, we must mention that the USA were not the only country to join the war without a UN resolution. Besides, it was the Bush administration, along with some other countries, that started the war. Obama has to fight ISIS now, which is one of this war's consequences.

Let us differentiate some more. Who are you referring to when you talk about the USA? If Jona starts a war on Ghana and the next president ends it, will you say that Nigeria is a terrorist state as a whole? We must be careful.

You have asked me what is Russia's role in a multi polar world and why I think the advent of multipolarity is inevitable? I want you to know that Russia is a military SUPERPOWER and there are arguments very valid argument that Russia'S military strength both nuclear and conventional strength surpasses that of the US. If not for Russia's military strength Ukraine would have been a member of NATO. So from the foregoing with its military strength Russia is putting America in check... No longer as America pleases! Ditto china in economic power.

Russia is not as powerful as you think. Russia's economy is still relatively weak, despite its natural resources. If they keep investing in military, like Putin does, then the result could lead to a similar scenario the world saw during the Cold War. Russia had lots of weapons and bombs but was unable to produce goods for daily use, which made its citizens tired and angry, sent them to the streets to protest and led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Ukraine has not become a member of the NATO because some moderate EU countries and their intellectuals are trying to de-escalate the situation, also for economic reasons. Note that Russia and the EU are interdependent. They are business partners.

You neglect the fact that the EU plays a big role in it all. It is very one-sided to blame the USA and to defend Russia. Fact is that the EU plays a major role and fact is that nobody is innocent in this conflict. Mistakes have been made by all parties involved.

Apart from this, you must consider the sensitivities of countries such as Poland in this constellation. Poland is a country that has been oppressed by Russia for ages. They are very mistrustful of Russia and also scared.

A clear example of multi polarity, America discovered shale oil and subsequently it led to a decrease in her oil importation. Initially, with this kind of development countries like Nigeria will starting having trade deficit but conversely Nigeria is having trade surplus thanks to India. What happened was that immmidiately America reduce its oil Importation from Nigeria, India stepped in and replaced america effectively. Such an example is the blessing associated with multipolarity.

This paragraph shows that you misunderstand the term "multipolar". Multipolar does not mean that different countries are able to afford something on the global market. The term multipolar refers to a world order, in which several countries have power and thus a leading role.

The world order was bipolar during the Cold War when the USA and the Soviet Union were both great military powers.

If you need more lecture on this you can go online and search for Putin's Munich speech of 2007. In that speech Putin clearly stated that a unipolar world is not only impossible to practice but that it is dead in today's world. I think that speech was what made Putin to be a chief enemy of the west and must be.... (Your guess is as good as mine)

Putin is not a chief enemy of the West. The West and Russia are mutually mistrustful of each other due to the experiences during the Cold War and the opposing ideologies (communism vs capitalism) behind it. Since the end of the Cold War Russia and many of the EU countries used to have a rather relaxed relation. The Ukraine conflict is a set-back. I am optimistic, though, that with the help of the intellectual elites, of countries such as Germany, the EU and Russia will come to a better mutual understanding and a greater amount of mutual respect. It will take some more time than expected but neither Russia nor the USA, nor the EU want a war.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by castrogee(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
Russia is not as powerful as you think. Russia's economy is still relatively weak, despite its natural resources.

Thanks your points are well noted.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
castrogee: Russia is not as powerful as you think. Russia's economy is still relatively weak, despite its natural resources.

Thanks your points are well noted.
....Look,the Russian Bear is as powerful as any country in the world...Never use the economy of a nation to gauge its ability to wage war oooo...
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
sangresan: ....Look,the Russian Bear is as powerful as any country in the world...Never use the economy of a nation to gauge its ability to wage war oooo...

The Soviet Union collapsed because its military was strong but its economy weak.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by castrogee(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
sangresan: ....Look,the Russian Bear is as powerful as any country in the world...Never use the economy of a nation to gauge its ability to wage war oooo...

You expressed my thoughts... I was only quoting the poster above me, and didn't want to engage in an endless argument.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
castrogee:

You expressed my thoughts... I was only quoting the poster above me, and didn't want to engage in an endless argument.
....Yeah true.... I dont want long arguments too...The USSR collapsed not because of a weak economy but because it bite more than it could chew....They once had the most productive economy...Google the facts or search through old Geography textbooks.....They were given out too much freebies...Many Nigerians got educated in the USSR in the 50s,60s and 70s free of charge....This was a period in which blacks couldnt even walk freely on the streets of the USA without harassment from law enforcement agents...The USSR were writing off debts when the western-dominated IMF hasnt introduced the concept..They allowed friendly countries to export unwanted goods into their economy without safety-gaps...All these were done,in order to entice people into their sphere of influence...Can a country with a weak economy do all these?....They were ahead in Steel Production...They were ahead in Sports...They were ahead in Gold Production...They were ahead in Arms and Ammunition....They were ahead in the production of the precious metals and petroleum...If you probe further,I will post some of the data here....But they collapsed because the centripetal forces which bound them together were not as powerful as the centrifugal forces which were pulling them apart...They werent of the same culture and you know the kind of division which that brings...
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
sangresan: ....Yeah true.... I dont want long arguments too...The USSR collapsed not because of a weak economy but because it bite more than it could chew....They once had the most productive economy...Google the facts or search through old Geography textbooks.....They were given out too much freebies...Many Nigerians got educated in the USSR in the 50s,60s and 70s free of charge....This was a period in which blacks couldnt even walk freely on the streets of the USA without harassment from law enforcement agents...The USSR were writing off debts when the western-dominated IMF hasnt introduced the concept..They allowed friendly countries to export unwanted goods into their economy without safety-gaps...All these were done,in order to entice people into their sphere of influence...Can a country with a weak economy do all these?....They were ahead in Steel Production...They were ahead in Sports...They were ahead in Gold Production...They were ahead in Arms and Ammunition....They were ahead in the production of the precious metals and petroleum...If you probe further,I will post some of the data here....But they collapsed because the centripetal forces which bound them together were not as powerful as the centrifugal forces which were pulling them apart...They werent of the same culture and you know the kind of division which that brings...

You must have different history books.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by EMANY01(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

That was the most complete answer I could have thought of.His history books are different from the history of the late 20th century that is well known.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by calaharry: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is just political. America and Russia are busy working and sleeping together in space right now where the first weaponised nuclear science started. Both countries know they are not safe if they escalate things. So what is the fuss abt guys?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
EMANY01:

That was the most complete answer I could have thought of.His history books are different from the history of the late 20th century that is well known.

They don't like long discussions so I kept it short. Maybe that will help the people here back up what they write.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

They don't like long discussions so I kept it short. Maybe that will help the people here back up what they write.
...Sign of someone who has nothing meaningful to write...
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
EMANY01:

.......History books?Name one amigo...
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
grin
carefreewannabe:

...And you must have none....kikkiiiii grin
carefreewannabe:

...And you must have none....kikkiiiii
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
sangresan: grin...And you must have none....kikkiiiii grin...And you must have none....kikkiiiii

Says someone who doesn't know the difference between Geography and History. wink
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
sangresan: ...Sign of someone who has nothing meaningful to write...

I have a lot but you poorly educated people keep running like chickens. grin
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have a lot but you poorly educated people keep running like chickens. grin
....Vomit or keep shut forever...The more you look,the less you see.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Says someone who doesn't know the difference between Geography and History. wink
....Says someone who doesnt know that you cant study any of the two in isolation...It is just like Mathematics and Physics...You can never study the history of a place without talking about its Geographical features and vice-versa....How do you describe the history of Iraq without mentioning how its physical features like Euphrates affected the way of live of Iraqis?..Just to inform empty barrels like you!!!!!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 24, 2014
sangresan: ....Says someone who doesnt know that you cant study any of the two in isolation...It is just like Mathematics and Physics...You can never study the history of a place without talking about its Geographical features and vice-versa....How do you describe the history of Iraq without mentioning how its physical features like Euphrates affected the way of live of Iraqis?..Just to inform empty barrels like you!!!!!

Tell me something new.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by EMANY01(m): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
sangresan: .......History books?Name one amigo...

Maybe I will.....after you site the evidence or documentation for your claim that the soviet union was outperforming the western block in industry and productivity.
Aside the history that is so well and thoroughly documented, I do remember numerous lecturers while I was in school who had their education in the soviet union at the time relaying the facts of the matter at the time:
The soviet union was well behind the west in almost all indices of development the only place the Reds made efforts to close the gap was militarily,but rationally looking at things ,of what use was it if you declare that you are in conflict with some adversary but the only sectors that there was any semblance of parity was in the ability to kill a whole lot of people quickly and efficiently.The health sector was not comparable the quality of life was no contest,overall happiness of citizenry was a no contest.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by dessymal(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
xp17: bros, if you know how many humans and animals died during the world war 1 and world war 2 respectively, you would have gone in your quit to pray that God should not allow this happen in your generation.

America is very civilized, we believe in diplomacy, not like Russia. we've been at the centre to resolve the crisis in the middle east as a guardian of freedom to the people and the American way of life.

Russia is a small country and too small to be
ended by the US in 24hrs. the numbers of the US
army+marine+air force+ navy is more than the
size of the Russian population

America is the only country in the world that has fought 2 war simultaneously and still conquered.
note: the US army creed never accepts defeat and never quit.

God is good, that was why he made Obama for this time. if it were Bush's administration, the US would had since invaded Russia , take over her oil and leave Putin on the run to take asylum from one of the G6 countries. thank God Obama believes in peace talk to war.

as dumb a'ss as putin, he gave a sanction that his people would suffer most, more than the sanctioned . seriously putin would be better off in the rehab .

war is ugly, so as Russia
peace is beautiful , just like America.

edited

I'm talking about the 21st century and super world power, and some folks are talking back to the 19th century and past glory.

for those quoting me,
I repeat, Russia is a small country, even fewer than Nigeria. isolated landmass doesn't count , this ain't geography, this is real life

Most ppl think that Russia will offer the world better things than America has been doing...God bless the United States
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by bidexiii: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2015
xp17:
bros, if you know how many humans and animals died during the world war 1 and world war 2 respectively, you would have gone in your quit to pray that God should not allow this happen in your generation.

America is very civilized, we believe in diplomacy, not like Russia. we've been at the centre to resolve the crisis in the middle east as a guardian of freedom to the people and the American way of life.

Russia is a small country and too small to be
ended by the US in 24hrs. the numbers of the US
army+marine+air force+ navy is more than the
size of the Russian population

America is the only country in the world that has fought 2 war simultaneously and still conquered.
note: the US army creed never accepts defeat and never quit.

God is good, that was why he made Obama for this time. if it were Bush's administration, the US would had since invaded Russia , take over her oil and leave Putin on the run to take asylum from one of the G6 countries. thank God Obama believes in peace talk to war.

as dumb a'ss as putin, he gave a sanction that his people would suffer most, more than the sanctioned . seriously putin would be better off in the rehab .

war is ugly, so as Russia
peace is beautiful , just like America.

edited

I'm talking about the 21st century and super world power, and some folks are talking back to the 19th century and past glory.

for those quoting me,
I repeat, Russia is a small country, even fewer than Nigeria. isolated landmass doesn't count , this ain't geography, this is real life

You are old NO 1 ; where did you get your facts from and you av 100 likes, too much old fans like you, please get your fact, figure and research right before posting and stop displaying your high level of ignorance here and to the world!

Now paraventure there is a war between USA and Russia is going to be a still-mate. And I have reasons for that and there is a lot of factors you are going to look at; economy,military strength, allies, technology, population and nuclear power capabilities etc. These are the yard stick you are going to use before you jump into conclusion.
I don't know where you get you fact and figure from but China as the largest number of armed forces followed by india,north Korea then America . You made a statement that showed your level of ignorance on such matter that ; the total number of USA armed forces which includes the army,navy,airforce, marine,national guards and the coastal guards if they are too be even included which I know you did not include is not up to "quotar of quotar of Russians population. You can prove me wrong do your research, here are some links to help you out.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-biggest/the-10-biggest-armed-forces-in-the-world/?view=all

http://www.curiosityaroused.com/world/the-10-largest-armies-in-the-world/

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats8.htm

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-largest-countries-in-area-map.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

Now when it comes wealth,boyant economy,technology, population and military strength am going to give it to the USA.

But when it comes to strong and powerfull allies, nuclear strength/texhnology, will to fight a war and military strength Russia is not left out too, so you see its going to be a still-mate. And don't forget. The emerging China in economy and military domination, did you watch china's victory day celebration. And china's commitment to Russia relation is waxing stronger. The combination of those two countries will defeat any country on the face of the earth.

But I pray those two super power re not going to fight a war, cos the whole wild world is going to choose sides and some economy will sink. I pray that will not happen in our generarion.

Am not a big fan of Russia nor USA of America is just about Power domination for both countries. How many times av USA of America spied on allies like Germany France and Spain etc. How many times av av USA airforce as spied in china and Russia especially in the 90s.
And how many times as Russia fly over airspace of USA,IRELAND AND ENGLAND etc Russia as being spying on Poland which is the head quatars of NATO.
Bro is going to be a still mate and probably a WIII and the end of time, just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries / Alexei Sharov: Ukraine Kills Putin's 15th Commander / Iran Will Never Have A Nuclear Weapon, Trump Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.