Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:53 PM

Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku (62567 Views)

Fairly Used - 2004 Infiniti Fx35 ( 2m ) The Car Is A B E A S T. / EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! / Car Exporter I Will Find You The Car You Require At The Best Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Vicjay1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Just now

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Vicjay1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Every body here is helpless. We need fire service men to come and put off the fire.

3 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Vicjay1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hon Sunny Ofile and one Obi of Ndi ca. Were inside the car. It was a jeep. Confirmed..
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by zube01(m): 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
So all of una way dey there non of una get fire extinguisher?

47 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
The fire service go come from Nairaland?

14 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by emytech: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
The Obi of Issele Uku, H.R.M Obi Henry Ezeagwuna.
RIP.......

Was in the Jeep

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bt na wa ooo.....

A couple of fire extinguishers could have subsided this fire and ameliorated the degree of damage if those plying the road had cared enough to help....

None of them has got estinguishers I'm almost certain..... Who knows?

6 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rip to the dead. A very cruel way to die

3 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Rip to d dead. What a painful way to die cry hell fire on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by busky101(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Did they car just catch fire without signs not even the smoke signal from the bonnet, abi bokoharam or isis bomb the car? Smh
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by purplesummer(f): 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
So nobody was able to put off a road side fire? People watched as other people got burnt inside the jeep?
It's really unfortunate!

8 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by fr3do(m): 12:00am On Aug 10, 2014
The accident happened at or around issele-Azagba, between Asaba and his late Royal Majesty's town of issele-uku.

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Vicjay1(m): 1:36am On Aug 10, 2014
Mehh. The fire was uncontrollable except by the fire service men. The mobile police men and and other persons in the convoy couldn't do anything. Dey were just looking.

MODIFIED:
Is not something fire extinguisher(like d ones in cars) would have been able to put out. It was a horrible sight to behold. All through my journey from owerri - benin I was wondering what they must have passed through.
The obi(who was driving) was driving rough, overtaking vehicles carelessly.
RIP to them.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by princedant: 4:18am On Aug 10, 2014
ohh this is sad...i guess at this point all the fire extinguisher along that road cannot even help. Was he carrying fuel or what?..How come the vehicle got to this stage of burning without rescuing the people inside?
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 10, 2014
fire service ko
i hope no one was in the car
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ZACHIE: 5:10am On Aug 10, 2014
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/09/delta-governor%E2%80%99s-aide-sunny-ofili-traditional-ruler-die-auto-crash

Sunny Ofili, a special adviser on information and communication technology (ICT) to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, and the Obi of Issele-Uku, Henry Ezeagwunam, died today in a car crash in the state. One of the sons of the traditional ruler also lost his life in the fatal auto crash.

SaharaReporters learned that the victims were burnt to death as the Sport Utility Vehicle they were traveling in burst into flames after crashing into a stationary truck laden with gravel. The horrific accident happened at the Otulu junction on the Benin-Asaba-Onitsha expressway as the vehicle conveying Mr. Ofili and the traditional ruler rammed from behind into a truck with an Edo registration number FUG 238 XA.

Eyewitnesses said the traditional ruler was driving while Mr. Ofili was on the passenger side at the time of the accident. The rear tyres of the truck bursted from the impact, with the SUV burnt beyond recognition.

Tears rolled freely down the cheeks of eyewitnesses as a rescue team made frantic but futile efforts to extricate the burnt corpses of the victims trapped in the SUV.

Officials of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) had a hectic time controlling traffic on the expressway as there was a temporary gridlock resulting from the accident.

The accident also cut short the euphoria that marked the primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to elect chairmanship candidates for the October 25 council election in the state.

Mr. Ofili was reported to be interested in running for a seat in the Delta State House of Assembly to represent Aniocha North constituency. A source said Mr. Ofili, who used to be a blogger, had monitored the primary election in his council area before embarking on the journey with the traditional ruler.

Mr. Ofili had recently began to unveil some philanthropic gestures to communities in his council area as part of his campaign for a state legislative seat. He tagged his campaign ‘Liberation Mandate’.

He was formerly based in the state of Maryland in the US resident where he used to edit a website, the “Times of Nigeria.”

4 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ZACHIE: 5:13am On Aug 10, 2014
Vicjay1: Mehh. The fire was uncontrollable except by the fire service men. The mobile police men and and other persons in the conveyor couldn't do anything. Dey were just looking.
.convoy .....

4 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by cirmuell(m): 7:38am On Aug 10, 2014
So none of the cars in the convoy got extinguisher abi and they all watched till two grown men where burnt to death. undecided
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ITbomb(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2014
This is the reason I don't lock myself inside the car especially on Highways,
I normally switch off the AC and wind down just a bit, it is noisy though but safe, when I'm inside town, I can afford to feel the AC.

20 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Did the car just start burnin on the road with people inside or when it was parked by the corner? Or was there bomb in the car or did someone lock them up and set the car on fire? Or..... Cos I can't seem to understand how a car can just go up in flames just like that with people inside and they can't even come out. I smell sumthang

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by ITbomb(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2014
lrguru: Or..... Cos I can't seem to understand how a car can just go up in flames just like that with people inside and they can't even come out. I smell sumthang
In most of this modern cars, you enter, lock the door, wind up, and put on your ac, normally all of these are now control by electronic. In some instances, when the car has an accident, the electronics get jammed (in some instances, the safety belt also lock on you) and the doors and windows cannot be open, unless someone break the glass from outside, there is nothing you inside can do.

Most of these cars were designed to secure the passenger safely till help comes, which in western countries should not be more than 2 minutes. Here in Nigeria, always have it in mind that you may have to break out on your own.

This was what killed the step mother to the first lady on East West Road, where people gathered and just watched people crying inside the car as the flames was too much for anyone to get close and break the glass

17 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2014
ITbomb:
In most of this modern cars, you enter, lock the door, wind up, and put on your ac, normally all of these are now control by electronic. In some instances, when the car has an accident, the electronics get jammed (in some instances, the safety belt also lock on you) and the doors and windows cannot be open, unless someone break the glass from outside, there is nothing you inside can do.

Most of these cars were designed to secure the passenger safely till help comes, which in western countries should not be more than 2 minutes. Here in Nigeria, always have it in mind that you may have to break out on your own.

This was what killed the step mother to the first lady on East West Road, where people gathered and just watched people crying inside the car as the flames was too much for anyone to get close and break the glass
so what do you think must have caused the flames or eruption? Was it an accident or overheatin, or the car just went up in flames just like that?
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Connoisseur(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2014
lrguru: so what do you think must have caused the flames or eruption? Was it an accident or overheatin, or the car just went up in flames just like that?

Did you read the sahara reporters post

16 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by priscaoge(f): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2014
Very painful death cry cry. If they had known angry

RIP to the dead!
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by CharlieMaria(m): 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
RIP Sir.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by akpanikpe(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
imas: The fire service go come from Nairaland?
I wonder.
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Yungwizzzy28(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
vv
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by 2kass(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Awwww.. RIP Obi
Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by mickyarams: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Vicjay1: Every body here is helpless. We need fire service men to come and put off the fire.
Fire service?? Have you forgotten you live in a hopeless country? A country where over 200 girls have been missing for several months and yet the leaders are busy campaigning for elections, what a bunch of selfish wicked people. Until we all rise up and bring down these animals and start realising pdp and apc or whatever they call themselves these days are all the same bunch of shameless animals with no integrity and dignity, we have to carry on suffering and smiling

13 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerians are wickedddddd. Wickedness is in our blood, we suffer due to our wickedness and that's why God is giving us leaders that are soooo bloody wicked.

There was this particular day in 2007 during the days I was still hustling and entering Danfo's. I was coming back from work that day, very tired when the bus broke down on 3rd Mainland Bridge. Petrol was leaking frm d engine which he fixed. I was still not sure about the bus so I told them that I would rather walk thru the bridge since we already covered 3/4 of the journey. Just as I guessed immediately the guy kicked the engine. Boom there was fire. You wouldn't believe that the driver got down and was begging other cars that was passing for extinguisher. .

No 1 I repeat No 1 stopped. We even joined at Begging. They avoided us like plague. To cut the long story short, the bus got burnt beyond recognition leaving it's skeletal form.

Something that could have been avoided.

I thank God that dere was no casualties. It was as if God sent me to get down. I was the one that opened the door from outside for them

40 Likes

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Alenkakent(m): 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Omg... D horror of burning to death while ure still alive in ur car waiting for help is so scary... No more seat belts for me on d highway and no more AC on d highway... If accident wan happen, make e happen, make I go meet baba God jeje rather than staying alive in d car and getting burnt to death when help won't arrive in time..
RIP to d dead

@texazzpete, u lack a brain for quoting me and spitting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Picture From The Car Crash That Killed Obi of Issele-Uku by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Autocheck® Backed By Experian » »Vehicle Record/Report You Can Trust » » » / Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) / How Much Is This Car Worth? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.