Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? (39046 Views)

What's The Igbo Or Local Name For Spinach / Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat / Alomo Bitters Aka Casapreco: Whats The Big Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by viperman: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2014

Please food experts.....whats the local name for Oregano leaves in nigeria? its urgent please.
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by viperman: 2:11am On Aug 11, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by UjSizzle(f): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
viperman: undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Pictures?
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by dasparrow: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Pictures?

See below pictures of fresh and dry oregano.

Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by dasparrow: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
viperman:

Please food experts.....whats the local name for Oregano leaves in nigeria? its urgent please.

I don't know the local name for oregano leaves. How many of our Nigerian delicacies call for oregano? I can't think of any so I won't be surprised if there is no local name for oregano. Shoprite sells the dry oregano in the condiment section. You can pick some up there.
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by viperman: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by viperman: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
dasparrow:

I don't know the local name for oregano leaves. How many of our Nigerian delicacies call for oregano? I can't think of any so I won't be surprised if there is no local name for oregano. Shoprite sells the dry oregano in the condiment section. You can pick some up there.

The dry ones are useless to the cause we need them for. We need the fresh ones for their juice/oil extracts
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by UjSizzle(f): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
dasparrow:

See below pictures of fresh and dry oregano.
That stuff is edible?
I don't see it in the market, but in farms. The prickly hairs on the leaves look familiar. Don't know it's native name coz I don't think anyone eats it.
Re: Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? by viperman: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
UjSizzle:
That stuff is edible?
I don't see it in the market, but in farms. The prickly hairs on the leaves look familiar. Don't know it's native name coz I don't think anyone eats it.

What market did you see it?

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter / Urhobo Owofibo (oil Soup) Aka Owo Soup / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.