Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Can A Husband Molest His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Husband Molest His Wife? (3404 Views)

Children Talk On How To Molest And Kill A Girl (Video) / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by zboyd: 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
When two people come together to get married, they make a vow to become one. In some cases where dowries are paid, some husbands believe they have full rights to their wives including the right to have s-x whenever it pleases them with or without their wives’ consent. But how far do these rights go?

Saturday PUNCH asked some people if it was possible for a husband to molest his wife.

Below are a few of the comments received:

YES, it IS possible for a husband to molest his wife.

*S-x has to do with consent. Yes, a husband can molest his wife because the two parties have to consent to having s-x. The moment the wife is not interested in having s-x and the husband uses all possible means to have s-x with her, then it automatically becomes molestation. Unless the woman agrees, if a husband forces his way, it can be termed as molestation. -Ohi Oyakhire

*Molestation has to do with force. A husband can molest his wife because molestation has to do with force. There should always be an agreement between a husband and his wife before s-x. If there is no agreement between them, then we can call that molestation. So most times, wives have no other option than to allow their husbands have their way even if they are not in the mood. -Aminat Okunnuga

*Yes, a husband can molest his wife. It is possible for a husband to molest his wife because if the husband feels like it and the lady does not feel like it, then if the husband ends up forcing his wife to have s-x, it will be counted as molestation. This is because s-x has to do with the husband and the wife coming together to agree. -Tunde Alabi

*It is an offence against nature and God. Yes, a husband can molest his wife. Sometimes when a husband is s-xually aroused and he’s too weak to control the urge, it can lead him to molest his wife. But this is an offence against nature and God, because both of them have not agreed to have s-x at that moment. God created s-x for the couple to enjoy and for them to also come together as one body. However, if this is not respected by the husband, it becomes molestation. -Moyosoreoluwa Aregbesola

*Selfish s-x is molestation. Normally, this has to do with both the husband and his wife coming as one to agree and satisfy themselves. But if it is not the aim of the husband to also satisfy his wife, then we can call it molestation. For instance, the husband might be in the mood while the wife .is not, but if the husband wants this for his satisfaction alone and not for his wife’s since she’s not agreeing to it at that moment, then it is molestation. -Dele Osho

*A lot of molestation cases in marriage. Apparently, a husband can be said to have molested his wife. The wife might have declined to have s-x with him probably because they had a disagreement. So if she says ‘no’ and the husband forces himself on her, we can call it molestation. -Adetayo Ojelabi

*S-x should be a mutual agreement. S-x is supposed to be mutually agreed between the two parties, and normally the husband is meant to prepare his wife for this action. Because of the nature of women, men are meant to make their s-xual needs known to their women. With this in mind, the woman will know and will accept. But if the husband insists on going for the action without preparing and waiting for the wife to be ready or accept, then it is molestation. -Kehinde Akinbo

*S-x shouldn’t be done with force. Having intimacy with the wife should not be done with force. The moment the husband forces himself on his wife, definitely, it is molestation. -Bola Oni

NO, it's NOT possible for a man to molest his wife.

*There is nothing like molestation in marriage. In my own opinion, it is not possible for a husband to molest his wife because normally, the woman is your wife. And as the wife, the husband has the right to call on her anytime he wishes. However, the husband should also understand the mood of the wife to know when she is ready or not. In short, the husband should be understanding. -Paul Jaja

QUESTIONS:

What do YOU think?

Is it...OR...Is it not possible for a husband to molest his wife?

If the wife considers forced s-x molestation, should she press charges against her husband?

As a wife, what would YOU do if YOUR husband forced s-x on YOU, when YOU weren't in the mood?
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hehehe

i dont know

how possible is that?
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
a man cannot r.ape his wife even if he pressurize her. it's his right to collect it anyhow He wants. Only when she's ill maybe he should leave her alone but otherwise, I see no reason for her to deny him . it's his second food
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
not being in the mood is not even an excuse . she's ill yes, tired no , angry no, hungry no, has an exam the next morning no, pregnant capital NO
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wat right? Although i am a man but lets call a spade a spade
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Kanwulia: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Na how many times we go h-answer this kweshun? undecided
And na how many times YOU go h-ask am? undecided

Say NL crash nor mean say OUR BRAINS CRASH WITH AM!

Abeg. . . bring refreshing topics come. . .NOT REDUNDANT ONES to give pervs a rock-hard on ON AND OFF NL!
Sheeeesh!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by dre11(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Defination

Molestation-
......the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children)
sex crime, sex offense, sexual abuse, sexual assault- a statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat; "most states have replaced the common law definition of rape with statutes defining sexual assault"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=molestation

so from this defination....... the repondent are right in their submission and its 100% possible for a husband to molest his wife when the wife is being forced or raped just to fulfil ur desired sex-ual satisfaction
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by rickt: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
lofty900: not being in the mood is not even an excuse . she's ill yes, tired no , angry no, hungry no, has an exam the next morning no, pregnant capital NO
SMH,how you think she's a sex thing! SMH

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
rickt: SMH,how you think she's a sex thing! SMH
dry fasting no, frustrated no, pinging no, busy no, b.reast feeding no, lost her mom no

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Kanwulia: Na how many times we go h-answer this kweshun? undecided

Abeg. . . bring refreshing topics come. . .NOT REDUNDANT ONES to give pervs a rock-hard on ON AND OFF NL!
Sheeeesh!
kanwulia's profile posts (2025), topic ( 0 ) . So why not give us a 'refreshing' topic NOT REDUNDANT ONES ?

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by rickt: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
lofty900: how man go do nah ?
Its unfair to treat your wife like a sexthing bro!
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Kanwulia: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
lofty900: kanwulia's profile posts (2025), topic ( 0 ) . So why not give us a 'refreshing' topic NOT REDUNDANT ONES ?

Ojoro!

How many topics I open before SEUN/MUKINA2 and their hackers clean them all?
Goood! I don't kia either! kiss
I do what interests moi and can NEVER be on NL payroll! I work for myself ON OR OFF NL! cool
THEY WERE ALL ORIGINAL.

I ain't gat time for regurgitated topics.
I will not be starting any either.
Done with that department! kiss

But!
What is worth doing at all is worth doing WELL!
Originality nor dey kill! kiss
Period!

Na suggestion I make o. . . .TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!
NL is super borrrrrrrrrrring enough!
Amen!!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Osama10(m): 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love & miss the days of our forefathers.

If you like decide not to be in the mood for 1year the husband would not even remember you exist when the other wives are even competing for the man's time. wink
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
@OP
that question has been asked a million times on NL......the facts are simple:
A) if you look at it from a religious fanatics point of view then there is no such thing as r.ape and a woman MUST be available se.xually whenever her husband demands for it. also these fanatics also believe that a wife is there ONLY to bare children, she has NO SAY in the family affairs and making children is a family affair. the famous quote that these fanatics will bring to the table is that during marriage, they vow says that they become ONE and therefore the coochie belong to the hubby and he can do what he pleases with it.

B) a woman whether married OR NOT, has the right to her own body/actions. she has the right to decide if she wants to have sex or not with her husband (or whoever). there is nothing wrong with a person not wanting to have sex with their spouse (for whatever reason).
marriage means that two people SHARE their lives, it doesnt mean they should forcefully take whatever they want from their partner. if that is the case then ANY woman should demand forcefully that their partner take care of them.....and this will be as silly as a woman expecting her husband to mount her every day, and that man doing it whether he is in the mood, wants it or even think it is right to do so OR NOT.

at the end of the day, it all comes down to what type of person are you between A or B

PS only when enough men go to jail for this evil act will they understand that r.ape is r.ape and you can be jailed for that (in the real world)
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Kanwulia:

Ojoro!

I do what interest moi and can NEVER be on NL payroll! I work for myself ON OR OFF NL! cool
THEY WERE ALL ORIGINAL.

But!
Period!

Amen!!! kiss
my dear if NL is boring non of us will be here in the first place
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Kanwulia: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
lofty900: my dear if NL is boring non of us will be here in the first place

Speak for yourself o!
I nefa comot for bed for 3 days. . . so this is the only way to save money.
Amen!

REDUNDANT TOPICS MAKE ANYTHING BORING!
Simple!

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by smileysmiles(f): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
someone raised this topic at CDS while i was serving in Ogun state and as usual pple kept saying "its impossible" when u are married Sex is a MUST. Then this lady stood up and said "my aunt had a baby and a few days after(while she was still bleeding) her husband forced himself on her"
If dis is not rape.. can someone explain to me what it is pls?
Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Kanwulia: Na how many times we go h-answer this kweshun? undecided

Sheeeesh!
thank you for that. I was almost about saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Molest His Wife? by SAMBARRY: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Gbam
Kanwulia:

Ojoro!

I do what interest moi and can NEVER be on NL payroll! I work for myself ON OR OFF NL! cool
THEY WERE ALL ORIGINAL.

But!
Period!

Amen!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! My Husband And His Mother .......... / Who Does A Baby Learn To Call First- Daddy Or Mummy; And Why / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.