Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119846 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
I was going through a thread by Prophetone https://www.nairaland.com/1848166/rare-photos-young-nigeria-more and I felt nostalgia seeing those pictures and it reminds me of those good old days of commercial adverts on our TV stations.

Some were hilarious and funny while some other ones were educative in presentation.

So, I bring to you some of the old school commercial adverts of 80s and early 90s, enjoy and share any of your collections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXAqzCqFMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6WyYyufuI

* OMO:

Omo Super blue Omo
Washes brighter and it shows!

Another one of Omo advert; the clean girl and the not so clean girl.

Girl 1: " How come your clothe is always cleaner than mine?"
Girl 2: " Cos my mom washes them"
Girl 1; " But my mom washes mine too"
Girl 2; " Well my mom uses super blue Omo"
Mom: " That's true.

* Elephant Detergent:

Chief Zebrudaya as always murdered this advert, nice

* Bagco Super Pack:

Workers:We want super sack, bagco super sack.
Worker1:Oga make u dey buy us cement wey dey inside bagco super sack.
Oga: an han, no be that bag una dey use before wey dey leak cement for una body?
Worker 1:Bagco super sack na different bag
Worker 2:E get double layer,na waterproof,Water no fit tosh nothing inside am
Worker1: E come strong kakaraka no dey burst dey leak cement for we head
Workers: yaaaaaaaaaay
Worker 2:Bagco super sack also dey reusable.U fit sell am for market women them
Oga:So for big house like this i go fit make plenty thousand Naira.?
Workers: Yessssss.
Oga: Me sef like better thing.Na bagco super sack i go dey buy from.
Workers: yaay ooooooooooooo we don win oh, we don win, bagco super sack, we don win

30 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Caracta(f): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love that of the two girls. Cute.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love it too, I used to wonder the reason the other girl was always angry then smiley
Caracta: I love that of the two girls. Cute.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by McWhillion(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chai i remember the advert of Omo with the two girls. Those girls go be person mama now o

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
I remember JIK, ''Jik, Jik, Jik it out x2

Don't say bleach, say JIK

Gold Circle Condom:
Conductor: Who get this raincoat?
Man: Abeg na me!
(Everybody laughs at him)
Neutral Lady: Look you, you think say everybody dey wakabout town like una, Gold circle condom dey also help person to plan the family well well.
Man: Thank you, madam! Na the chemist wey dey my workplace I buy this one and na for me and my woman only.
Conductor: Oga make you sofri sofri for Madam tonight o!
(song) go for gold o! Gold Circle condom!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/847218_Capture_DINO_JPGf79ae1d56a5d41597abd2752166caafd

MILO
Milo kpa kpa kpa,
kpa kpa kpa kpa
milo...

Great things start from small beginnings
growing up reach early for your dreams...
face each day, there's a new challange
a chance to be better, a chance to become ur dream...

Growing up with the nourishing food drink
growing up with milo
growing up with the refreshing food drink
growing up with milo
milo everyday...

[img]http://cdn.approvedfood.co.uk/tt50/lg_images/Nestle_Milo_Energy_Drink_Mix_400g.jpg&w=807&h=1000&zc=1[/img]

32 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
undecided

grin grin grin grin

[img]http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/Images/dunlop-logo-big_tcm2094-136335.png[/img]
Dunlop Elite tubeless... NA BABA!

The big black sweet wey get white stripes... NA TOM-TOM...
Na him be TOM-TOM!

40 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wow, Tandi?

What a memory.
prof800: undecided

grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prophetone(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
That lux girl....ahh memories...ma first crush grin. Nice thread op.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by fuckshit: 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
Them FÜCKING good old days grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Do you remember this, it was used in my first year birthday anniversary cheesy

[img]http://www.markenmuseum.de/uploads/pics/afri-cola_5_f_hf1_01.png[/img]
prof800: undecided

grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
^^^^^
AfriCola.!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
cool.

''Guilty or not guilty?''

83 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
That ad was really nice!

“Guilty or not guilty?” The parents were dragged to the court for using Pears and they tearfully plead guilty.

“I plea guilty your honour but it was only for one day” said the offending mum “that’s enough to upset any baby”…

The child (Judge) says, "I use them myself. Case dismissed!" and he banged the gavel.

Cutest ever. cheesy

xynerise: cool.

''Guilty or not guilty?''

Saw my pics yesterday with Afri-Cola bottle at the background, I just smiled.
prof800: ^^^^^
AfriCola.!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: That ad was really nice!

“Guilty or not guilty?” The parents were dragged to the court for using Pears and they tearfully plead guilty.

“I plea guilty your honor but it was only for one day” said the offending mum “that’s enough to upset any baby”…

The child (Judge) says, "I use them myself. Case dismissed!" and he bang the gavel.

Cutest ever. cheesy

I really love that advert.

The soap opera, Checkmate comes to mind cool. You were not born then na grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
Grandpa Antelope, remember you use Pears for me then. undecided
xynerise:

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Grandpa Antelope, remember you use Pears for me then. undecided
Nah! That was Udaki(Palm kernel oil)

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Grandpa, can't you even pretend for a second that you raised us with a silver spoon? cheesy

*Sobs*
undecided
xynerise:
Nah! That was Udaki(Palm kernel oil)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Grandpa, can't you even pretend for a second that you raised us with a silver spoon? cheesy

*Sobs*
undecided
grin. No vex. I never knew I was on air grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bagco super sack, water proof, leak proof, super strong!!! grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by coldsummer: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
lol
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UNLEASHED(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good old days

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Planters margarine and the old coca cola advert where children were singing!! Those were the days that people actually used their head to come up with captivating commercials that makes one really believe in the product and want to use it! Not the half baked ones we have these days mteewsz!!angry Loved this one too! *singing* Nurti-c nutri-c our favourite drink our only drink! Another name for vitamin c eeee!!!! Satisfying! Nourishing! Our best friend is nutri-c yeh yeh!! I love to be a part of it I won't like to be left out our best friend Nutri-C!

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Remembering the good old days.

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle: Bagco super sack, water proof, leak proof, super strong!!! grin
We even use am do school bag those days. E last me 3years grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Smone(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Advert for the gods.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dridowu: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by lafuria1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise:

Ohh the name of the soap opera is checkmate, I remembered the advert was done during a soap opera (foreign soap opera?, forgotten), but I surely remember this advert.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Omo I don old ooo oooo ooo.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by pressplay55: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
my grand father knws better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.