Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? (2185 Views)

Is Ebola Virus Actually A Biological Weapon? / Is Ebola Virus Created By The Whites???? CURE FOUND / What Is Ebola And Why Does It Kill? (a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 1:16am On Aug 10, 2014
I know this question may take you by surprise, but if you have any answers to the questions below other than what I have, please let me know.

How am I sure an Ebola infected Liberian man called Mr. Sawyer entered Nigeria on July 20, 2014? I am not undecided

Have I seen any official or leaked picture or video of Mr. Sawyer IN Nigeria from date of arrival to date of death? No undecided

Have I seen any document or picture to prove that the very healthy man in several pictures being published I am being told is Mr. Sawyer is indeed really him and he was in Nigeria? No I have not undecided

What did the health authorities do with Mr. Sawyer's body after his death? I don't know

Matron dead, others including doctor infected, more quarantined, but have I seen any official or leaked pictures or video of these people either from the past or in their present state? No I have definitely not undecided

Do I know the identity of at least one of the affected victims? I don't

Major ebola crises on hand and our doctors are still on strike? Yes they are lipsrsealed

We live in a country where pictures and videos, no matter how horrific, of explosions, accidents, kidnaps, major incidents, occasions and events are circulated on social medias before news stations even think of reporting it. Yet to this date not one single ebola story in Nigeria including Mr. Sawyer's can be backed with only one single picture. Then again that's to the best of my knowledge; like I said, if you have other answers please share.

We no longer live in a 'hear say' world, but rather in a 'seeing is believing' one. And this is perfected in modern times with the use of technological gadgets in our everyday lives. I am not saying ebola doesn't exist in Nigeria and all we have been hearing is false, but what I am asking for are more factual answers to very important questions that will go a long way in helping us contain this deadly disease.

In order to go back to living a comfortable life and moving about my normal daily life without the fear of having to constantly look over my shoulders, I would like to know, IS EBOLA REALLY IN NIGERIA OR NOT?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by medube(m): 1:37am On Aug 10, 2014
I thought I was the only one asking myself questions...
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 10, 2014
NO! We are just faking it... It's probably a movie. undecided

Meanwhile nor forget to ask Minister of health same question
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 10, 2014
what is this? another conspiracy theory?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by tpia1: 4:09am On Aug 10, 2014
topic

creepy right?

its almost as if they're still writing the script and working on it.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by joywendy(f): 4:12am On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: what is this? another conspiracy theory?
mmm....i hate to admit but he actually brought out some points. if you have answers to any of the questions, you can educates us.
@ op it doesn't change the fact that we still have to be careful whether it is here or not.

Obasgilbert: NO! We are just faking it... It's probably a movie. undecided
Meanwhile nor forget to ask Minister of health same question

Did you even read the post before commenting?

he is asking for answers,

please do you have direct access to the minister of health?

if yes, please forward this questions to him and give us a reply

if no, waka pass...it's not by force to comment.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Ndababa(m): 5:13am On Aug 10, 2014
The name 'Ebola' is enough to scare off any prying eyes of smartphone holders. Unlike many other incidence, here we are talking of an epidemic that kills within the space of 3 weeks with high contagious rate.....
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by medube(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2014
This post for make front page make we hear more comments and opinions.

I am taking all necessary precautions, but at the same time I cannot but agree with some points he mentioned.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 9:07am On Aug 10, 2014
joywendy:
@ op it doesn't change the fact that we still have to be careful whether it is here or not.
My dear for sure and I still advise everyone to. These are just questions which are creating too many loopholes in the stories.

Ndababa: The name 'Ebola' is enough to scare off any prying eyes of smartphone holders. Unlike many other incidence, here we are talking of an epidemic that kills within the space of 3 weeks with high contagious rate.....

Exactly! And being it is so, it thereby makes it the perfect ingredient, don't you think?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2014
joywendy:

Did you even read the post before commenting?

he is asking for answers,

please do you have direct access to the minister of health?

if yes, please forward this questions to him and give us a reply

if no, waka pass...it's not by force to comment.

madam gud a.m.... I read it and understood his drives....

But,

1. Do you think the Health Minister was faking it calling for international aid?
2. Do you think the pictures seen on the internet with Medical experts on white overall and gloves is not sincere?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2014
Obasgilbert:

But,

1. Do you think the Health Minister was faking it calling for international aid?
2. Do you think the pictures seen on the internet with Medical experts on white overall and gloves is not sincere?

My brother good points.

Do you remember that after the World Trade Centre bombing, George Bush went to the UN and eventually to war over Iraq's possession of WMDs (weapons of mass destruction), but after it all, till today, no one was found. BUT, Halliburton, owned by the then VP of America, was eventually awarded most contracts for the rebuilding of Iraq.

The way things are done on that level is more than meets our eyes and ears. After all, need I remind you, Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 has disappeared of the face of this earth? smiley
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 10:29am On Aug 10, 2014
Obasgilbert:

But,

My brother one other very important point and please mind you I'm repeating clearly that I have not claimed nor am I claiming that Ebola isn't in Nigeria; I'm just asking questions.

First we heard the female doctor who came in contact with Mr Sawyer has died. Then we heard that though infected, she is still alive, but it is the matron who died on Wednesday making here the first Nigerian to have died from Ebola. Wednesday's date was Aug 6th and that's 17 days from when Mr. Sawyer landed Nigeria (supposedly July 20th). I thought Ebola kills in 21 days?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj: I know this question may take you by surprise, but if you have any answers to the questions below other than what I have, please let me know.

How am I sure an Ebola infected Liberian man called Mr. Sawyer entered Nigeria on July 20, 2014? I am not undecided

Have I seen any official or leaked picture or video of Mr. Sawyer IN Nigeria from date of arrival to date of death? No undecided

Have I seen any document or picture to prove that the very healthy man in several pictures being published I am being told is Mr. Sawyer is indeed really him and he was in Nigeria? No I have not undecided

What did the health authorities do with Mr. Sawyer's body after his death? I don't know

Matron dead, others including doctor infected, more quarantined, but have I seen any official or leaked pictures or video of these people either from the past or in their present state? No I have definitely not undecided

Major ebola crises on hand and our doctors are still on strike? Yes they are lipsrsealed

We live in a country where pictures and videos, no matter how horrific, of explosions, accidents, kidnaps, major incidents, occasions and events are circulated on social medias before news stations even think of reporting it. Yet to this date not one single ebola story in Nigeria including Mr. Sawyer's can be backed with only one single picture. Then again that's to the best of my knowledge; like I said, if you have other answers please share.

We no longer live in a 'hear say' world, but rather in a 'seeing is believing' one. And this is perfected in modern times with the use of technological gadgets in our everyday lives. I am not saying ebola doesn't exist in Nigeria and all we have been hearing is false, but what I am asking for are more factual answers to very important questions that will go a long way in helping us contain this deadly disease.

In order to go back to living a comfortable life and moving about my normal daily life without the fear of having to constantly look over my shoulders, I would like to know, IS EBOLA REALLY IN NIGERIA OR NOT?

Edited!

1 Like

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:
I thought Ebola kills in 21 days?

This is another reason why you cannot be taken seriously. For WEEKS now, the Government, concerned NGOs and even the usual menage of BBM broadcasters have been sending out Ebola facts to the general public. Yet you're ignorant of some of the basics.

Ebola symptoms can appear anytime from 2 to 21 days after infection.

Between this and your craving for someone to enter a highly isolated ward and take pictures - in itself a breach of privacy - it's clear you NEED to stop posting and go and read up on the disease.

Go to www.ebolafacts.com and get yourself educated. Thank me later.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

This is another reason why you cannot be taken seriously. For WEEKS now, the Government, concerned NGOs and even the usual menage of BBM broadcasters have been sending out Ebola facts to the general public. Yet you're ignorant of some of the basics.

Ebola symptoms can appear anytime from 2 to 21 days after infection.

Between this and your craving for someone to enter a highly isolated ward and take pictures - in itself a breach of privacy - it's clear you NEED to stop posting and go and read up on the disease.

Go to www.ebolafacts.com and get yourself educated. Thank me later.

Oga-mi no be quarrel. You seem to misunderstand the whole topic. I am not even asking for anybody to risk their life to enter and contact anybody. Besides, since you are educated more than me, didn't you read that it is not airborne and needs direct contact with the fluid from and infected person? I didn't ask for a selfie of someone hugging Sawyer and taking a pic, mind you. Are we not seeing pics of the sick coming from other countries? Besides, you are here talking of doctor - patient confidentiality? Is everybody that enlightened? Remember we live in a country where a prank of taking a bath with salt spread like wildfire in just under 12hrs and people eventuay died of overdose of salt.

Fine, let's take your theory and leave the picture taking of the sick. Few days back, the chairman of NMA resigned and his resignation letter was displayed on the net. Can anyone show us a document proving Sawyer got into this country?

I didn't come to say Ebola does or doesn't exist in Nigeria, I came to seek reasonable answers from people like you, like the one you just gave, that will help me quench any doubt that something is not right.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2014
And like I said, your link also proves, Ebola IS NOT airborne smiley
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Between this and your craving for someone to enter a highly isolated ward and take pictures

Mind you sir, the pictures of the "highly isolated ward" that was setup in Lagos, Mainland hospital as we have been told, are shacks built with woods and tarpaulin sheets as walls, which clearly have openings at the top and bottom. So are we talking of the same places?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2014
It's is said that Mr Sawyer escaped from Liberia into Togo, then into Nigeria. Have you heard of any ebola case in Togo? Did he not come in contact with anyone while there or are Togolese people immuned to Ebola?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:

Mind you sir, the pictures of the "highly isolated ward" that was setup in Lagos, Mainland hospital as we have been told, are shacks built with woods and tarpaulin sheets as walls, which clearly have openings at the top and bottom. So are we talking of the same places?

Of course they were built with 'wood and tarpaulin'. For the simple reason that

1. It takes time to build a structure with bricks and mortar or even cement
2. This structure can easily be dismantled and burnt if need be after this outbreak.

There are openings for ventilation. Ebola is NOT an airborne disease.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj: It's is said that Mr Sawyer escaped from Liberia into Togo, then into Nigeria. Have you heard of any ebola case in Togo? Did he not come in contact with anyone while there or are Togolese people immuned to Ebola?

Why are you pretending to be here to learn? If you had troubled yourself to read anything about the Ebola virus, you'd know that an infected person is only contagious when symptoms appear.

At this point, I'm nearly 100% sure you're just trolling.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:
Of course they were built with 'wood and tarpaulin'. For the simple reason that
1. It takes time to build a structure with bricks and mortar or even cement
2. This structure can easily be dismantled and burnt if need be after this outbreak.
There are openings for ventilation. Ebola is NOT an airborne disease.

Thank you, so we are on the same page smiley

We are also told by medical professionals that Ebola fever hits as high as 41℃. Someone with that high of a fever can barely stand, yet Mr Sawyer was able to escape quarantine, enter Togo and make it to Nigeria? Yet other people we have seen with final stages of Ebola can barely sit up on a bed.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Why are you pretending to be here to learn? If you had troubled yourself to read anything about the Ebola virus, you'd know that an infected person is only contagious when symptoms appear.

At this point, I'm nearly 100% sure you're just trolling.

But Sawyer was said to have arrived Lagos showing all the main signs of Ebola, including vomiting and diarrhoea and hence was rushed to hospital.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:

Thank you, so we are on the same page smiley

We are also told by medical professionals that Ebola fever hits as high as 41℃. Someone with that high of a fever can nearly stand, yet Mr Sawyer was able to escape quarantine, enter Togo and make it to Nigeria? Yet other people we have seen with final stages of Ebola can barely sit up on a bed.

Can you tell me where you heard that Mr Sawyer was sick when he left Liberia?

All official accounts say he was under some sort of surveillance, in line with procedure to watch caregivers of people who have had the virus. there is no account that states he was having a fever when he left Liberia.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Afrok(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Hmmm... So many questions craving for answers, even Ebola itself won't be able to answer all even though it's the cause of all the questions. What I know is that Ebola is real just like other diseases, but what I don't know is the answers to op questions and I think there are valid points in his questions too.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:

But Sawyer was said to have arrived Lagos showing all the main signs of Ebola, including vomiting and diarrhoea and hence was rushed to hospital.

Actually, this was never said anywhere. It's reported that he showed signs of light fever, which are usually symptoms of the more popular malaria. In fact, it's likely because the hospital folks first suspected the likes of Malaria or Typhoid that he was not isolated immediately, hence causing infections there. I've lost count of the number of times a doctor or nurse has checked my temperature by using the back of their hands. Doing that with an ebola patient that is sweating heavily during the contagious phase can lead to disaster.

Ebola is a haemorraghic disease, one major symptom is heavy bleeding. Mr Sawyer showed no such symptom aboard the flight.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Can you tell me where you heard that Mr Sawyer was sick when he left Liberia?

All official accounts say he was under some sort of surveillance, in line with procedure to watch caregivers of people who have had the virus. there is no account that states he was having a fever when he left Liberia.

"According to Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Jide Idris, Mr Sawyer who was a consultant for the Liberian Ministry of Finance, arrived Lagos on July 23 to attend an ECOWAS convention in Calabar. He became terribly ill on the airplane just before it touched down in Lagos."

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166176-video-shows-liberian-patrick-sawyer-was-terribly-ill-possibly-knew-he-had-ebola-before-traveling-to-nigeria.html
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Afrok: but what I don't know is the answers to op questions and I think there are valid points in his questions too.

If you don't know the answers to the questions in the OP, then there's little hope for you too. There's not a single one of them that cannot be answered in 20 seconds of logical reasoning.

Here, let me help you.

santinoj:

Because both the Nigerian Ministry of Health, the Lagos State health commission and the Liberian Government confirmed it? Because his wife was notified of his death, because she's even given an interview on the matter?

santinoj:

You expect to see a video of a sick man being rushed to the hospital? You expect the nurses or doctors to take pictures of their patients? You expected anyone to go into a ward of a highly contagious ebola patient to take pictures with their iPhones?

santinoj:

His pictures are everywhere. His Government has confirmed it. His wife has confirmed it.
Am I sure that @santinoj is not an alien from Mars? No, I am not undecided

santinoj:

It was VERY widely reported that his remains were cremated. Have you been living under a rock?
http://allafrica.com/stories/201407290572.html

santinoj:

I don't understand how this can be anything other than pure wickedness on a diabolical level. You KNOW ebola is a contagious, deadly disease. You KNOW that Ebola survivors are most often stigmatized. Yet you want the world to post pictures of anyone who is currently battling with their lives against the disease?

Why? Why would anyone be so heartless as to take a photo and post it online?

There's actually a facebook petition going round with one of the nurses who is under quarantine right now in it. It's couched as a petition for the US to release their experimental drug, but it's a terrible thing to do to her because she has to live with some stigma for some time.

And that isn't a picture of her in an isolation ward, just an old picture.

santinoj:

I don't know the identity of any of the Boko Haram victims. So that means Boko Haram doesn't exist?

santinoj:

Yes, because this Ebola case slots in very neatly with what the Doctors have been talking about. Hazard pay is abysmal, so they will sit out this hazard. We'll leave out the morality of that stand point for another discussion.
Besides, the Federal and State governments have enough doctors working in private capacity for them to call upon at this stage.

santinoj:
We live in a country where pictures and videos, no matter how horrific, of explosions, accidents, kidnaps, major incidents, occasions and events are circulated on social medias before news stations even think of reporting it. Yet to this date not one single ebola story in Nigeria including Mr. Sawyer's can be backed with only one single picture.

Some questions are better answered by yourself. I'll leave you to decide whether the same level of access is to be had in a locked down hospital ward than at the scene of a roadside accident.
You might well ask why we have no pictures from Aso Rock toilets and bathrooms when there are a lot of bathroom selfies on Instagram cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

If you don't know the answers to the questions in the OP, then there's little hope for you too. There's not a single one of them that cannot be answered in 20 seconds of logical reasoning.

Here, let me help you.

Because both the Nigerian Ministry of Health, the Lagos State health commission and the Liberian Government confirmed it? Because his wife was notified of his death, because she's even given an interview on the matter?

You expect to see a video of a sick man being rushed to the hospital? You expect the nurses or doctors to take pictures of their patients? You expected anyone to go into a ward of a highly contagious ebola patient to take pictures with their iPhones?

His pictures are everywhere. His Government has confirmed it. His wife has confirmed it.
Am I sure that @santinoj is not an alien from Mars? No, I am not undecided

It was VERY widely reported that his remains were cremated. Have you been living under a rock?
http://allafrica.com/stories/201407290572.html

I don't understand how this can be anything other than pure wickedness on a diabolical level. You KNOW ebola is a contagious, deadly disease. You KNOW that Ebola survivors are most often stigmatized. Yet you want the world to post pictures of anyone who is currently battling with their lives against the disease?

Why? Why would anyone be so heartless as to take a photo and post it online?

There's actually a facebook petition going round with one of the nurses who is under quarantine right now in it. It's couched as a petition for the US to release their experimental drug, but it's a terrible thing to do to her because she has to live with some stigma for some time.

And that isn't a picture of her in an isolation ward, just an old picture.

I don't know the identity of any of the Boko Haram victims. So that means Boko Haram doesn't exist?

Yes, because this Ebola case slots in very neatly with what the Doctors have been talking about. Hazard pay is abysmal, so they will sit out this hazard. We'll leave out the morality of that stand point for another discussion.
Besides, the Federal and State governments have enough doctors working in private capacity for them to call upon at this stage.

Some questions are better answered by yourself. I'll leave you to decide whether the same level of access is to be had in a locked down hospital ward than at the scene of a roadside accident.
You might well ask why we have no pictures from Aso Rock toilets and bathrooms when there are a lot of bathroom selfies on Instagram cheesy

Thank you. Though this was a topic for discussion and finding answers to help us not for abusing one another.

Some of your answers were based on facts and I appreciate that, actually that's what I was looking for. The balance are your personal opinion and hence debatable.

Yes we don't know the identities of boko haram victims but we see pics or proof of their activities. We don't see selfies in aso rock toilets or bathrooms but we saw pics from inside President Jonathan's private tv room where he was watching the Super Eagles play during the world cup. Is there anywhere more secured than that in Nigeria? And all the info we are getting about Mr Sawyer entering Nigeria are from the ministries and other agencies. The same ones that keep telling us everyday that the whereabouts of Chibok girls is known but they are still missing? Come on, you should be smarter than that wink
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by medube(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hmmmmm...

This is getting interesting smiley
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Afrok(m): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=texazzpete]

[b]If you don't know the answers to the questions in the OP, then there's little hope for you too. [/b]There's not a single one of them that cannot be answered in 20 seconds of logical reasoning.

Here, let me help you.

Op questions doesn't really relate to signs and symptoms, preventive measures, mode of transmissions and host animals of Ebola. since there is no cure yet, I think knowing the signs and symptoms, preventive measures, mode of transmissions and host animals of Ebola shows there is hope for me and people out there.

Thanks for ur answers...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apetamin Syrup For Fast Weight Gain: What It Is And How It Works / Buy Edmark Ginseng Coffee. N3000. Delivery. 07085055001 / The Rage Of Local Sexual Enhancers…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.