Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal (31239 Views)

Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Tonylyte(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerians breaking and setting records for ages now, even before the book of genesis was made.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by ChildofChukwu(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2014
NaLaugh: na so, but where the exact time com dey na? cheesy

e be like say na the same journalist wey report Nigeria and India 99-1 match (balls turning to lions etc) na im run this report too cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Tonylyte(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2014
CFCfan:
In her High School career, she scored 94 goals in 4 years. And she is currently the leading scorer in her Oklahoma State University team with 13 goals.

If she continues in this form, barring injury, she will definitely be on the plane to Canada in June next year.
If i have not married her before then...that is damn pretty, she doesnt look like the average african(ghanaian) footballer.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Afrok(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2014
Nigeria repping Africa in female football since time immemorial, go Falconets and conquer the world. We've been second before but now it's time to be the first.
Fear not about the situation (Ebola) in d country coz Ebola will be an history before you ladies return with the trophy.

God bless our girls, God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Alexsmith20(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2014
Tell the super eagles this and they would be like "oga keshi u dey see this girls soo"
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by ukukaegbu(m): 10:33am On Aug 10, 2014
Barselonia: sorry..still composing the message before it was moved to front page.....
Nigeria U20 women national team
defeated Korea Republic 2-1 in
their second group game of the
ongoing Fifa U20 Women’s World
Cup in Canada.
Goals from Courtney Dike and
Chiwendu Ihezuo were all the Falconets needed to get past the
Asians that attempted a comeback though Kim Soyi in the
second half.
Dike took advantage of a lack luster defending from Jong
Songchon’s ladies to get the curtain raiser of the game after
12 seconds, the fastest goal in the history of FIFA women's
tournaments.
Nigeria failed to double their advantage in the 14th minute as
goalkeeper Min Yukyeong tipped Osarenoma Igbinnovia’s
rocket over the bar. Few minutes later, Asisat Oshoala's cross
found Loveth Ayila, who was unmarked in the penalty area.
However, her shot hit a defender and spun just wide.
The Asians had their first chance of the first half in the 24th
minute when Kim Soyi's attempted chip over Nigeria
goalkeeper Sandra Chiichii went over the bar.
Ihezuo gave Nigeria a two-goal lead ten minutes later through
Chinwendu Ihezuo. Ugo Njoku's cross from the right wing
found Ihezuo, who controlled the ball before firing a powerful
shot past Minyeong.
On resumption of the second half, the Falconets pressed for
more goals but all to no avail. With less that 20 minutes to the
end of the game Soyi pulled a goal back for the Koreans as
she scored from the edge of the box following a moment of
distraction in the Nigerian defence.
With this result, Nigeria now lead Group C with four points
from two games and will now face England in their last game
on Wednesday at the Commonwealth Stadium in Moncton ,
needing at least a draw to emerge as group winners.

You are wrong OP.
If Nigeria draws the match, they'll be on 5 points and +1 goal difference
But if Mexico wins Korea by just 2 nil, they'll also be on 5 points but higher goal difference of +2 and top the group, having drawn their first two matches.
Nigeri needs to win the next mtch to top their group. A draw will be enough to see them through but they may not top the group.

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by stanisbaratheon: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2014
it took her 13 seconds to strike #awesome
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by pussypounder(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2014
ok
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by odehaj: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2014
nerodenero: I suggest the government should invest more in female sports.Their results in recent times showed they can rule Africa and make meaningful impact in the world if Government in serious about them.

Congratulations ladies.Let us go for the jugular against England.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by odehaj: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2014
nerodenero: I suggest the government should invest more in female sports.Their results in recent times showed they can rule Africa and make meaningful impact in the world if Government in serious about them.

Congratulations ladies.Let us go for the jugular against England.
Don't commit your heart to it the girls too are record heart-breakers like the Super Eagles. YOU ARE WARNED!
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by ugoezeik(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2014
Abeg i dey luke 4 my geal fiend, she comot 4m aus Since ysday but nver still siam
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by QuiverBox(f): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2014
Tolexander: what is the time she scored the goal?

12 seconds

2 Likes

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Darteyyyy(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2014
I just hope we'd have more of these kinda positive reports about Nigeria.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Werehkpe: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
ANd it was scored by the finest and pretiest Falconet

Walai the babe fine and she be like butty o. Doesnt look like she grew up in naija though.

Another fine chick Lavoges (france) hmmmmm
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by epospiky(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
super falconets setting record. Keep it up.
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Swash042(m): 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Congrats to them!
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tonylyte:
If i have not married her before then...that is damn pretty, she doesnt look like the average african(ghanaian) footballer.
grin grin
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by M4gunners: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Congrat girls
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Dazeal(m): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Doro 18seconds
Doro 18seconds
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by daveP(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Syenite: Yes Tonto Dike scored after 12secs yesterday. cool
breaking the time last set by a fellow flamingoe- soo adewagh(22seconds)

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by willyray(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
go ladies.... wink
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Theanonymous9: 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
Syenite: Yes Tonto Dike scored after 12secs yesterday. cool
undecided
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Kai5vil: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Ayorh4you(m): 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
ihustler:

everything is funny about ebola, isnt it?

Who said?

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by stigman(m): 11:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kizmarty:
when is our next match nd time??

Don't know for now but will let u know once I get the info

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 11, 2014
stigman:

Don't know for now but will let u know once I get the info
okk...gracias smiley
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Itoro350(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Barselonia: Nigeria have taken control of Group C at the FIFA U-20
Women's World Cup Canada 2014 by defeating Korea
Republic 2-1 in Moncton. Courtney Dike scored the fastest
goal in the history of FIFA women's tournaments after she
took advantage of Korea Republic's lacklustre defending.
Dike, who was starting her first match of the tournament
after coming on as substitute in the opener against Mexico,
set the tone for the Super Falconets, who were eager to
jump to the top of Group C after England and Mexico had
shared the spoils earlier in the day in a 1-1 draw.
Nigeria continued to threaten Korea Republic's goal when
Osarenoma Igbinovia had a shot from distance tipped over
the bar by Min Yukyeong. Nigeria had another opportunity in
17th minute when Asisat Oshoala's cross found Loveth
Ayila, who was unmarked in the penalty area. However, her
shot hit a defender and spun just wide.
Korea Republic had their first chance of the first half in the
24th minute when Kim Soyi's attempted chip over Nigeria
goalkeeper Sandra Chiichii went over the bar. Soyi and her
team would regret that missed opportunity as Nigeria took a
two-goal lead ten minutes later through Chinwendu Ihezuo.
Ugo Njoku's cross from the right wing found Ihezuo, who
controlled the ball before firing a powerful shot past
Minyeong.
Nigeria picked up from where they started by controlling the
opening stages of the second half, although Korea Republic
were able to ask questions of the Super Falconets' defense
as the half progressed.
The best chance for the South Koreans came in the 59th
minute when Kim Inji received the ball and shot from the left
side of the penalty area only to watch her effort go inches
wide of the near post. Inji would have see another effort
suffer the same fate ten minutes later as the Nigerians
continued to breathe a collective sigh of relief.
A nervy conclusion was guaranteed in the 71st minute when
Nigeria failed to clear their lines effectively and Soyi
capitalised by scoring from the edge of the penalty area to
give the Koreans a lifeline. But while the Asian
champions often threatened an equaliser, Nigeria's defense
held on to claim the first win of the group in Moncton.
the time she score please
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by stigman(m): 9:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Kizmarty:
okk...gracias smiley

They are playing today in the nite ( U 20 women W.cup), am not sure of the time, I heard 10pm and 1am don't know which, but will let you know once I find out
Re: FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2014
stigman:

They are playing today in the nite ( U 20 women W.cup), am not sure of the time, I heard 10pm and 1am don't know which, but will let you know once I find out

thanks alot..

i heard 2am.i.e early tomorrow.. not sure tho

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iheanacho Scores To Save Manchester City, Shares Photo On Instagram / Keshi's Son Signs Condolence Register In Honour Of His Dad At NFF Office(Pics) / Xavi & Pique Come Out Of Retirement To Play For Catalonia Against Venezuela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.