Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain (698 Views)

Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / Snake Found On A Plane In Australia, Passengers Stranded / Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by naijajobspost(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-6hLSO6cX4vQ/U-Z1Kt_qO5I/AAAAAAABJ1M/c8_3wRuUSgE/s1600/obama+sad.jpg[/img]

US President Barack Obama vowed Saturday to help rescue thousands of civilians besieged by jihadists on an Iraqi mountain, as an MP warned they would not survive much longer.

He gave no timetable for the first US operation in Iraq since the last American troops withdrew three years ago and put the onus on Iraqi politicians to form an inclusive government and turn the tide on jihadist expansion.

“The United States can’t just look away. That’s not who we are. We’re Americans. We act. We lead. And that’s what we’re going to do on that mountain,” Obama said.

US and Iraqi aircraft have air dropped food and water to the thousands of people, many of them members of the Yazidi minority, who have been stranded on Mount Sinjar since they fled Islamic State attacks on their homes a week ago.

Obama said he had received “strong support” from British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande, who had both agreed to provide humanitarian assistance.

Amid reports that the children and elderly among them were already dying, Obama justified the decision to intervene Thursday with the risk of an impending genocide against the Yazidis.

Yazidi MP Vian Dakhil, whose poignant appeal in parliament this week made her the public voice of her community, said time was running out.

“We have one or two days left to help these people. After that they will start dying en masse,” she told AFP Saturday .

The Yazidis, wh......

[url=http://.com/world-news/obama-to-the-rescue-%27vows-to-save-iraqis-stranded-on-mountain/]click here to read full post from source[/url]
Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by Dreal1247: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2014
Islam is really causing serious problem worldwide

1 Like

Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by Garvey1: 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Stamp them out brother Obama!!!!!!!
Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by MiguelMi6(m): 12:54am On Aug 11, 2014
“The United States can’t just look away. That’s not who we are. We’re Americans. We act. We lead. And that’s what we’re going to do on that mountain,” Obama said.

God Bless Mr President,God Bless America.

3 Likes

Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by EKYsheldon: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
This words are so lifting and inspiring.
Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by NairaMinted: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
2007- Multiple Pullitzer winning journalist, Seymour Hersh, The Re-Direction article in the New Yorker:

"To undermine Iran, which is predominantly Shiite, the Bush Administration has decided, in effect, to reconfigure its priorities in the Middle East. In Lebanon, the Administration has coöperated with Saudi Arabia’s government, which is Sunni, in clandestine operations that are intended to weaken Hezbollah, the Shiite organization that is backed by Iran. The U.S. has also taken part in clandestine operations aimed at Iran and its ally Syria. A by-product of these activities has been the bolsteringof Sunni extremist groups that espouse a militant vision of Islam and are hostile to America and sympathetic to Al Qaeda.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/03/05/070305fa_fact_hersh?currentPage=all

This same ISIS group that most of you are all just hearing about is the same ISIS (together with Jabhat Al-Nusra, Abu Bammer,FSA,etc) that Bashar Al-Assad has been fighting in Syria for the past 3 plus years. The same ISIS that Senator McCain paid a solidarity visit in 2013! The same ISIS that have been clothed in the garment of "moderates" to sell the idea of arming them overtly to the gullible American public. The same "moderates" (ISIS) that Obama has asked congress for an additional 500 million to arm. The same "moderates" that have been the recipients of non-lethal aid (those gleaming new trucks and all) for the past 3 years from the West.The same ISIS that has committed far worse atrocities on Christians, Alawites, Shia and others in Syria than the events unfolding in Iraq and to the Yazidis in particular since 2011!! Why didn't Uncle Sam come to the rescue then?

ISIS is a terror horde created by the CIA and Mossad, fiananced by Saudi and Qatar petrodollar (Yes, believe it or not, Saudi & Qatar are in cahoots with Israel and the US by unleashing wahabist/salafist elements that espouse a violent brand of Sunni Islam against the Iranian dominated shia crescent that both Israel & Saudi & Qatar see as a threat ), trained in Jordan and supported logistically by Turkey with the U. S. Embassy in Ankara serving as operational headquarters. Now one of the terrorist groups, Al-Nusra has been delisted by Turkey (NATO member) and what's more, this same Al Nusra has merged with ISIL otherwise known as ISIS and now known as IS.

The end goal is to destablize the entire middle east: Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, and so on....And who ends up as the benefactor of the turmoil unleashed? Israel (Or Greater Israel as the plan would be). You think this charade of a bombing campaign is gonna stop ISIS? ISIS will soon come knocking on the gates of Beirut and finally Tehran..... This is all state sponsored terrorism courtesy of the great United States of America!

Now, before y'all go all bananas and start raining abuses and insults, I beseech you to go research these facts yourself, pour through the information available to you and then arrive as you OWN, INDEPENDENT thought - not one that the MSM wants you to arrive at. Do not be deceived!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Re: Obama TO THE RESCUE 'vows To Save Iraqis Stranded On Mountain by NairaMinted: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
"I have met with these brave fighters, and they are not Al-Qaeda. To the contrary: They are Libyan patriots who want to liberate their nation. We should help them do it." -Senator John McCainin Benghazi, Libya April 22, 2011 - as an Al- Qaeda flag was hoisted over a Benghazi courthouse......

“Of course they are Muslims, but they are moderates. I guarantee you that they are moderates — I know them, and I have been with them.” -Senator John McCain, speaking about the rebels in Syria, Washington, September 3, 2013

“Not true, not true! Frankly, I just disagree… There’s about 70 percent still who are Free Syrian Army.”-Senator John McCain, Washington, September 18, 2013

Once again, the end goal is to destablize the entire middle east and create smaller weaker nations. Right now, it looks like the Kurds will be getting their own country soon....And who ends up as the benefactor of the turmoil unleashed? Israel (Or Greater Israel as the plan would be)

(1) (Reply)

ISIS May Not Have Beheaded James Foley Oncamera, Despite What Video Shows: / Nigeria's Oil Will Soon Finish / Nigeria's Pan-african Movement Presents BABA BUNTU, The Renowned Pan-africanist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.