Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< (1975 Views)

The Bed Of Rose ( A Short Story) / BED OF THORNS (a short story by madgoat) / Bed Of Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED:
THIS WORK IS BASED ON TRUE STORY AND BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR.
THE TITLE, PLOT, CHARACTERS, SETTINGS, QUOTES AND
ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE PROPERTIES OF THE AUTHOR.
NO PART OF THIS WORK, EITHER IN PARTS OR IN WHOLE
SHOULD BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORMAT, ELECTRONIC OR
OTHERWISE WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE ARTHOR.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
sit tight peeps, its gonna be a nice one, based on a true story.
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by KelvinGraphics(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oya o. My oga I don sidon o. Abeg gimme popcorn
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by VivyGift(f): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kelvin, abeg adjust make I sit down. Thank God say I come early grin

Op, con update o
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2014
KelvinGraphics: Oya o. My oga I don sidon o. Abeg gimme popcorn
lol. popcorn don finish but I don order for kwili-kwili and zobo. just relax...
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 6:30am On Aug 11, 2014
VivyGift: Kelvin, abeg adjust make I sit down. Thank God say I come early grin

Op, con update o
yes o, feel at home. tori dey come....
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
It was hard to even walk but I kept on until I got to the lecturer, collected the marker from his hand and headed to solve the question on the board.
As I was about to write on the board, I was interrupted by the lecturer's voice:
"Young man, pull up your trouser!, you think you're in the motor park!?." He yelled at me.
It was a rhetoric question so I didn't need to respond, I just stopped for a second and pulled my trouser up properly. Sagging my trouser was one of the bad habits I adapted from the social media, particularly hip-hop.
"Pardon my manners, I'm a product of my environment". I muttered to no one particular.
I proceeded to solving the question. The interruption from the lecturer had knocked off balance a little so I was a little lost. I stared at the question for a few seconds trying to sort it out again. I could hear a few students booing. Just as I was about to write what I worked out in my head, the marker fell my hand. Sh#t!.
Now students booed even louder. I pulled myself together and began to write, to work on the question. It took less than a minute for me to finish. I stopped and turned around, looking at the lecturer, awaiting to hear the outcome of my work.
He wasn't looking at me, he was looking at my write-up on the board, trying to score me. My heart was beating a little faster now. The lecture hall was dead quite.
Suddenly, I saw the lecturer shrug and then he smiled. He brought out a N1,000 note from the breast pocket of his shirt and handed it to me.
The hall went in uproar, students were screaming and banging on their desks. That was their way of giving me an ovation and I felt 3-feet taller, super excited.
I walked back to my seat.
"How are we going to share the money na?". Guru joked.
"50/50". I said.
We both laughed. I would easily share anything with people except money, I guess guru didn't know that.
We had a few more lectures and they were all interesting, at least for the first twenty minutes or so. Our lectures lasted for an hour which was much longer that what I was used to in secondary school but I was gradually adapting.
The last lecture for the day was PSYCHOLOGY. The lecturer was interesting, more than the others we've had for the day. About twenty minutes into the lecture, the lecturer asked a question. I gave an answer anonymously, just sitting in the crowd.
"Who said that?". The lecture enquired, looking at the whole class.
I was calm, I wasn't going to identify myself and my colleagues sitting beside me co-operated with me. But in situations like this, there is always someone who points.
"I said who said that!". He repeated, this time in exclamation.
A few people pointed at me from different angles. Game over. I stood up, looking straight at the lecturer. Another girl was also pointed at and she too was standing. We chorused the answer at the same time. The girl's name was Juliana. In time to come, she proved herself to be the brightest female student in my department.
"These are my kind of students." The lecturer announced.
"I look at them and I see professors." He continued.
Students went in uproar again, banging their desks, screaming "Prof!", "Prof!".
I had earned some cool cash and fame on my first day at school. The nickname 'prof' was short-lived as I got to replace it with 'snow' after a while but nonetheless, the fame stuck with me, at least for a while.
After the lecture, I headed home in company of my new friend, guru. Guru had told me a few things about himself and where he lived and I did same too.
He was staying off-campus like me, not too close but it was still a walking distance from my lodge. I made plans to visit him later that evening, we shook hands and parted ways.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
I arrived at my lodge around 3:00 p.m. It was a white two-storey building, with about 15 rooms. There were large store rooms on each floor that was being used as warehouses but all the living rooms were occupied by students.
I had a room-mate who was also in 100 level but in another department (mass communication). His name was Ekene, a light skin, tall dude. We me during the post-UME entrance exam and decided to rent a room together when we get admission.
After a long search, we found a room, on a Saturday morning. I remember us walking into the lodge and meeting the lodge occupants during saturday sanitation. They were cleaning the compound. We saw a couple of hot girls amongst them. Damn, with all these girls here, life here would be fun!.
We met the caretaker, reached an agreement and hurriedly went to the bank to pay the rent. While we were leaving the bank premises, Ekene gave me a playful light punch on my shoulder.
"O boy, see all the hot chics wey full our lodge. We don hammer O." He teased.
"Na God do am for us na." I replied.
Honestly, I was excited that we found a room in that lodge because aside from the hot girls we saw, the lodge was beautiful and well kept.
I visited guru as planned and came back home around 8:00 p.m. I was tired so I slumped on my mattress to get some sleep. Ekene was cooking but I didn't mind because I had already eaten at guru's house.
"Snow, aren't you going to wait and eat?." Ekene asked me while I was half asleep.
"No, I have eaten already." I said and slept off after a few minutes.
That night would be our third night in the lodge and everything had been smooth so far. After a few hours, I woke up and headed to the bathroom to ease myself. It was a few minutes past 1 a.m. While I was peeing, I was hearing voices, faint voices. I wiped my eyes with my palms, just to make sure I was fully awake and that I wasn't just imagining things.
It was real. I was hearing voices, a group of people or spirts were having a meeting somewhere close.
I came out from the bathroom, and went towards my room window. I thought about opening my curtains and looking through the window. No, not a good idea. I decided to press my ears against the curtains and try tracing the location that the voices were coming from and I sensed that it was coming from our lodge, right inside the compound!.
Just then I heard people or spirits chanting and singing.
"Papa no dey o!, mama no dey o!, if you want to kill-y me kill-y make I die!, I will never be a Jew in this jungle!".
Holy Moses!. I was dumbfounded.
The singing continued for a while, It wasn't really loud, but it was audible enough for everyone in the lodge to hear. There were houses around but not too close and there bushes around the lodge. What added to my confusion was that some of the voices I was hearing sounded familiar.
My room was on the first floor and from the window I could get a clear view of the compound. I summoned courage and decided to see whatever it was. I shifted my curtains to the side a little and looked through the glass. My heart literally sank. I saw boys dancing in a circle and chanting with a some fireworks in their middle. They were all on black. Then they stopped and one of them came to the middle and began addressing them. I could see a pistol tucked behind his black pant.
"Tha boy make una focus!. I say focus!. As we rugged reach we fit rundown Jupiter. Who them be?!, them no they look face?!, them no dey bleed?!..." He continued to say all sorts of dreaded talk.
My feet went cold, everything felt surreal. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I bent down and tapped Ekene hard on his leg. He twisted a little continued his sleep. I punched him on his shoulder, hard enough to jolt him to consciousness or even break his bone.
"Why are you interrupting my sleep na?. Please I'm devastated, I don't need disturbance". He queried.
"Ekene wake up, this no be time for vocabularies, we don't enter one chance O. Na lion's den we enter so". I informed him in a whisper.
He reluctantly stood up and came to see what I was rambling about. What he saw made him numb and mute, eyes wide open...twice its normal size.
"Is that not viper and commotion?". He asked me after he found his voice, he was fully awake now.
Viper and commotion were our lodgemates, and viper was even our opposite door neighbour. I focused my gaze and recognized them too.
Holy fvck!.
We had made a huge mistake by moving into this lodge. Every mistake has a price and we were going to pay very dearly for our mistake. Worse still, the hot girls we saw on that saturday morning when we found the lodge weren't even our lodgemates, they just came to spend the previous night with their boyfriends.
In a few days we observed that there were only two girls living in our lodge. The rest were guys, all cultists from different confraternities. So technically, the only non-cultists ('jews' as they call it) were Ekene and I.
Welcome to HELL...

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Drop your comments please, criticism is welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
VivyGift: Kelvin, abeg adjust make I sit down. Thank God say I come early grin

Op, con update o
No space again o..
Oya come make i carry U 4 my laps dear.

Shey U buy pop corn and Alomo come ba?
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by NobiGod: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please continue SNOW... you can write about phone-book and yet it will be an interesting read.
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by VivyGift(f): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
No space again o..
Oya come make i carry U 4 my laps dear.

Shey U buy pop corn and Alomo come ba?
No be space full here so? I don even see sit to sit down self tongue

I no see pop corn and alomo buy o
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by NobiGod: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Moneyhungry, We're still waiting for you to continue. You obviously got story telling talent but do you have the discipline? I'm saying this because the previous one was unfinished. I wish and hope this will be different.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by moneyhungry(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
NobiGod: Moneyhungry, We're still waiting for you to continue. You obviously got story telling talent but do you have the discipline? I'm saying this because the previous one was unfinished. I wish and hope this will be different.
Thanks man. oh, I'm gonna continue but I'll probably move it to the sexuality section where I'm known so I'd get rapid responses from readers. the attitude of peeps who steal stories was what discouraged me but I'll continue.
I'll update soon n drop a link if I transfer it.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by trusted(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2014
I was already wondering if it was the moneyhungery of the sexuality section. The writer of the great NYSC: Service to my Students and Principal. Taking my seat in the front row abey throw me some kwili-kwili joo. Even if u move this thread to vacancies or auto section, we go enter together.

1 Like

Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by kingofpool: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2014
moneyhungry himself, i dey feel you
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by ritababe(f): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Following..........bunsky and yurme where the hell are you guys?
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by yurme(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
c me dear *awa u*
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by ritababe(f): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
yurme:
c me dear *awa u*
happy new year
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by yurme(m): 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
happy new year
same 2ya swidy misd ya
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
ritababe:
bae i dey o.howdy?
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
yurme:
c me dear *awa u*
yurme dear,bawo ni?
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by yurme(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
Bunsky:
yurme dear,bawo ni?
anty mi mowa fa I dn miss u hapi new yr
Re: The Documentary: >>> Bed Of Stones And Roses. <<< by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
yurme:
anty mi mowa fa I dn miss u hapi new yr
Miss you too dear!
Compliment.

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Presents Write The Future Competition- N5million For Grabs / What Makes A Good Writer / Kamsi - Episode 1. A Short Story Series.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.