Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! (4834 Views)

Mention Your Most Embarrassing Moments With The Opposite Sex. / His Dad Died But He Didnt Cry / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Chillisauce:
thank you
Most Nigerians like this mentality of my right to this and that even when you don't merit it.
Just like some folks saying because he is my brother, I should have this and that.
The other time, on one thread, another is asking for money to continue her studies abroad . I mentioned loan, s(he) refused. Say na free money. Bacause here in nairaland , some folks had been donated money to, so s(he) is also entitled to free money.
We should know when we deserve things abeg. He just made up with you, why not wait and see the direction you guys are going before making this a topic.
Chillisauce:
thank you
Most Nigerians like this mentality of my right to this and that even when you don't merit it.
Just like some folks saying because he is my brother, I should have this and that.
The other time, on one thread, another is asking for money to continue her studies abroad . I mentioned loan, s(he) refused. Say na free money. Bacause here in nairaland , some folks had been donated money to, so s(he) is also entitled to free money.
We should know when we deserve things abeg. He just made up with you, why not wait and see the direction you guys are going before making this a topic.

Thank you oh. God knows the guy is a hero for forgiving her. Chai.
If na me I will jejerly maintain in one corner rebuild his lost faith in me rather than look for how to make small trouble over acknowledgement I didnt earn
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
OP,

In an academic thesis, what does "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT" means?
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bukatyne(f): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
@OP:

Lucky you that he was interested in starting again. However if I were to be the OP, I will try to find out why he did not add my name in the acknowledgement.

Yes, I was not supportive but he should have added me as a new step since I have changed and he is just writing his thesis.

If he does not add it and they get married, each time she sees the thesis, she will feel bad.

If they came back together after his entire program, it is a different kettle of fish.

And if he still insists on not putting your name after you asked him & sort it out; weigh if he has other negatives you can/cannot live with and take a decision

Lastly, if you decide to get married to him, make sure you prove that you have his back and he can count on you before you marry o. I no sabi wear red pant& blackbra advice o.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bukatyne(f): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong: OP,

Those who helped you through your school and your friends.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
bukatyne:

Those who helped you through your school and your friends.

This your definition is ambiguous... cheesy.

However, the OP's definition or understanding may be different cheesy grin.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong:

This your definition is ambiguous... cheesy.

However, the OP's definition or understanding may be different cheesy grin.

I get where the OP is coming from.

In school, we acknowlegded those that did not know our project title as far they were/are our friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, roommates, reading partners etc.

The guy should just add her, she has learnt a big lesson.

I am also curious to know why he reconciled with her

2 Likes

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by onegig(m): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Don't even mention it to Him, keep on working on yourself and keep loving the woman that you're becoming whether or not he validates you.[/font]
We keep saying people should communicate in their relationships. How is this different? She's obviously hurt and what's bad in mentioning it to her partner?

If they can't discuss things like this now when would they start having heart to heart discussions?

Op. You are feeling hurt about it. I believe there should be nothing you guys can't discuss. Doesn't have to be confrontational. Just joke about it. Simple sentence like "i saw your draft project. Good work and i wish you best of luck with it even though my name was missing from the roll call".

Simple. Keeping things to yourself would in the long run hurt both of you. Better you say it now, settle and forget. That's the only way you can achieve true acceptance of his action.

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2014

3 Likes

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by MizMyColi(f): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
onegig: We keep saying people should communicate in their relationships. How is this different? She's obviously hurt and what's bad in mentioning it to her partner?

If they can't discuss things like this now when would they start having heart to heart discussions?

Op. You are feeling hurt about it. I believe there should be nothing you guys can't discuss. Doesn't have to be confrontational. Just joke about it. Simple sentence like "i saw your draft project. Good work and i wish you best of luck with it even though my name was missing from the roll call".

Simple. Keeping things to yourself would in the long run hurt both of you. Better you say it now, settle and forget. That's the only way you can achieve true acceptance of his action.

If you'd read on, you'd see I mentioned talking about it as the best. I also stated my reason for advising she keep the matter to herself.

That said, I maintain that she speaks her mind, in all wisdom of course smiley

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by freakcin: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ OP, simply try to o be the best you can and continue to support him.This is your penance for your past deeds.

Funny thing is that, dude will regret this action of his years from now. There're things we just have to overlook, not for now but for posterity!
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
divalishis:
And he saw some good in me to have come back....

Yes he did because there is good in you before you put him high up on a pedestal and throw yourself in the gutters remember you are both blessed to have found each other when you were more matured and grown up.

He was out of your life for two years. If he is still angry and punishing you after 2 years hmmmm be careful. Two years is a long time to hold a grudge.

How long as it been since you made up.?
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
bukatyne:

I get where the OP is coming from.

In school, we acknowlegded those that did not know our project title as far they were/are our friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, roommates, reading partners etc.

The guy should just add her, she has learnt a big lesson.

I am also curious to know why he reconciled with her

I understand you but the OP's boyfriend maybe sticking to those that made the thesis a success and not the everyday junk people write in acknowledgements.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
freakcin: @ OP, simply try to o be the best you can and continue to support him.This is your penance for your past deeds.

Funny thing is that, dude will regret this action of his years from now. There're things we just have to overlook, not for now but for posterity
!

How and what will make him regret his justified action?
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by SAMBARRY: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Aisha don talk am finish smiley

Nothing more to say
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by onegig(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong:

I understand you but the OP's boyfriend maybe sticking to those that made the thesis a success and not the everyday junk people write in acknowledgements.
We both know that's not the case here given the fact she said he added the names of his friends and roommates. Even went as far as mentioning individual names.

There's something up his sleeves and that's not how healthy couples do things. Once something is in the past you forgive and let go.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
onegig: We both know that's not the case here given the fact she said he added the names of his friends and roommates. Even went as far as mentioning individual names.

There's something up his sleeves and that's not how healthy couples do things. Once something is in the past you forgive and let go.

We are not in the best position to know whether those he mentioned contributed to the thesis or not.

The fact that he mentioned his friends doesn't mean he mentioned them because they are his friends. It maybe because they contributed.

The OP didn't help matter by bottling the issue instead of talking about it.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by SAMBARRY: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong: OP,

it means any man or woman, boy or girl who has contributed directly or indirectly to the success of the thesis e.g indirectly- a lady, friend or anyone cooking for him or helping him with his domestic ishh, encouragement etc

directly-helping with text books, photocopying, financial support, moral support, technical advice to make the work turn out well

which one did op do among all I have listed. Did she call to say how is lectures, don't forget to read, have you checked the time table for this. Don't forget I am praying for you. Which man or woman will do any of this and his or her name will not be acknowledged.

2 Likes

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
divalishis: @aisha
I support him. I didn't know better then But I do now.
He has been talking of quitting his job which put him in interaction with scores of people everyday, where he can even meet finer girls, But I give him the encourage he needs to hold on.

I encourage him everyday, Because his work is both tasking and time consuming.

Op has been doing this. Is this not support?

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bukatyne(f): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
freakcin: @ OP, simply try to o be the best you can and continue to support him.This is your penance for your past deeds.

Funny thing is that, dude will regret this action of his years from now. There're things we just have to overlook, not for now but for posterity!

My point especially if they get married and he truly loves her
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by divalishis: 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
@all
Thank you all for your inputs.

It's not like I feel he has to acknowledge me just Because. Truth is that I am more worried about the motive. Is he beginning to have the mentality of what has She done for me? Or what did She do for me?

Inspite of what I wrote in my first post, things were not bad all the time. We had some pretty good times too and we loved each other.

If we could go two years in time, I'd remedy things. Not to get a mention, But to show him that what is important to him is to me too. Truth is I am proud of what he has achieved. The day he told me about his struggle to finish and the stress of squeezing time against all odds, How he almost missed his flight for the defence and How he felt when he was graded an A, I felt very proud of him.

The work is already submitted, what is done is done.

2 Likes

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by MizMyColi(f): 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
^^^Thread Closed

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
Still talk to him to find out the motive/reason why

If he has not binded it, he can still amend the acknowlegdement

divalishis: @all
Thank you all for your inputs.

It's not like I feel he has to acknowledge me just Because. Truth is that I am more worried about the motive. Is he beginning to have the mentality of what has She done for me? Or what did She do for me?

Inspite of what I wrote in my first post, things were not bad all the time. We had some pretty good times too and we loved each other.

If we could go two years in time, I'd remedy things. Not to get a mention, But to show him that what is important to him is to me too. Truth is I am proud of what he has achieved. The day he told me about his struggle to finish and the stress of squeezing time against all odds, How he almost missed his flight for the defence and How he felt when he was graded an A, I felt very proud of him.

The work is already submitted, what is done is done.

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by divalishis: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
@bukatyne

It's bound and copies have been signed by both supervisors and HOD. I think What's left is for the Dean to sign.

His second supervisor did not support him even. I don't want to talk about what happened. He was mentioned though.

It hurts sha. But I just look at it that Maybe It's cause he was virtually through when we made up. We broke up like eight months into the program.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
divalishis: @bukatyne

It's bound and copies have been signed by both supervisors and HOD. I think What's left is for the Dean to sign.

His second supervisor did not support him even. I don't want to talk about what happened. He was mentioned though.

It hurts sha. But I just look at it that Maybe It's cause he was virtually through when we made up.
We broke up like eight months into the program.

You shouldn't be hurt. You came in at the rush hour.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by freakcin: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong:
How and what will make him regret his justified action?

He omitted her name out of spite. It wasn't borne of a rationale act. It might not register in his brain now, but years from now when he matures more and become truly enlightened, he'll realise he did wrong.

I should know! I've had similar experience, not exactly like this but quite similar. I was quite vengeful back then and did something quite nasty to someone.

You wanno know the worst part. . . the person's late.

Anger/vengence is one of the greatest emotion in life, when it posses you, even the devil ain' got nothing on you that moment.

I've since learnt to let God battle for me.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by divalishis: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
chaircover:

You are a very lucky woman to have gotten a second chance & his not mentioning you in his thesis should be the last thing on your mind right now. You have said it yourself that you didnt really do much to support him whilst he was in school, so he will be lying if he put your name on it.

The guy sounds like someone with principles and even though this principle hurts you now, you will see the advantages of this quality in the future.

What you should be doing is working hard to get him to trust you with his feelings/life again. It will take time, but if you have truly learnt from your mistakes and are genuingly making amends, then with time, he should begin to appreciate you in his life again.
Truly be his number one fan and he will acknowledge and appreciate you

If you do feel deep in you that he hasnt really forgiven you and he is being deliberatly malicious, then do have a heart to heart chat with him.

Thank you!
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bellong: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
freakcin:

He omitted her name out of spite. It wasn't borne of a rationale act. It might not register in his brain now, but years from now when he matures more and become truly enlightened, he'll realise he did wrong.

I should know! I've had similar experience, not exactly like this but quite similar. I was quite vengeful back then and did something quite nasty to someone.

You wanno know the worst part. . . the person's late.

Anger/vengence is one of the greatest emotion in life, when it posses you, even the devil ain' got nothing on you that moment.

I've since learnt to let God battle for me.

But we don't know if he did it for revenge. We can't conclude why he left her name out.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by freakcin: 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
bellong:
But we don't know if he did it for revenge. We can't conclude why he left her name out.

Could it have been done out of love? grin

Guy, I've said my own. Let posterity judge!

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by bebe2(f): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
crackhaus:
Hmmmm...

Someone decided to make sense today. Indeed there is a God.

Hahahahahaha

I shock ooooo shocked shocked

Lets hope it continues

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by hardbody: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
temigracie: one of d reason y i dont mention names in d acknowldgnt page......d best thing to do is to just generalise it.....makes evryone feel happy so far as u consider ursef as my friend.....back to d issue,dats just so unfair of him...for him mention his fwends name..he shud at least dedicate a line for u too....

In my project wriiten as a partial fulfillment of my first degree, i even mentioned thus...'to the woman whom we both don't know it yet will mean a lot to me in my life.....or something to that effect

I had no girl friend then let alone a wife to be...

My point is, that guy here should have found a way of mentioning the OP even if negatively

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Getting Married To Your Agemate / Is It Right For A Couple To Share Their Matrimonial Bed With Relatives? / If Married In Nigeria, Does The Divorce Also Have To Take Place In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.