Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Pls,help Me Out,am Confused - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls,help Me Out,am Confused (908 Views)

Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... / Christain Vs Jew..am Confused,why The Indifference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Alexyem(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
calvary greetings to all my brothers and sisters in the lord!!! Pls my problem is that am getting confused with all dis stuff am seing around me i.e in the church of God a yoruba adage says one's hearth is his faith(okan eni ni igbagbo eni) pls is wearing body fited blouse or T shirt with mini or micro mini skirt biblican? Also the issue of not covering head in d church is it biblican.okan eni ni igbagbo eni but. You cant look someladies twice in the church,different thought will be coming your mind which is a great sin,pls help me out.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Alexyem: calvary greetings to all my brothers and sisters in the lord!!! Pls my problem is that am getting confused with all dis stuff am seing around me i.e in the church of God a yoruba adage says one's hearth is his faith(okan eni ni igbagbo eni) pls is wearing body fited blouse or T shirt with mini or micro mini skirt biblican? Also the issue of not covering head in d church is it biblican.okan eni ni igbagbo eni but. You cant look someladies twice in the church,different thought will be coming your mind which is a great sin,pls help me out.

Religion is meant to feed off from your energy and feed you with fear in return. Look at yourself now,full of fear and confusion.....indeed your God is an authur of confusion.

1 Like

Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Dsage1: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Alexyem: calvary greetings to all my brothers and sisters in the lord!!! Pls my problem is that am getting confused with all dis stuff am seing around me i.e in the church of God a yoruba adage says one's hearth is his faith(okan eni ni igbagbo eni) pls is wearing body fited blouse or T shirt with mini or micro mini skirt biblican? Also the issue of not covering head in d church is it biblican.okan eni ni igbagbo eni but. You cant look someladies twice in the church,different thought will be coming your mind which is a great sin,pls help me out.

I don't think anyone should be asking this kind of question in this present Nigeria.

Besides, do we need to call God on phone before you know that high percentage of our Christians brothers and sisters are extremely dumb, after money,wicked and hypocrites?
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Alexyem(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
ifeness:

Religion is meant to feed off from your energy and feed you with fear in return. Look at yourself now,full of fear and confusion.....indeed your God is an authur of confusion.
pls,dont insult my God.....insult me instead
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by emmyskies(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
All you mentioned are bad and not supposed to be done by Christian. Wearing of tight clothing and mini clothing will make opposite sex lust, and this is very grave, it is hard for offence to come but woe unto him/her from whence offence cometh from -Luke 17:1

It is a shame for a woman to uncover her head in the presence of GOD and while praying (1st cor 11:6), shameful things are not accepted in the sight of the Almighty (Num 12:14). A woman praying with her head open offereth strange prayers to GOD, and like Nadab and Abihu that offers strange fires before GOD, they will be rejected and consumed (Lev 10:1)
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by twosquare(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
the issue of not covering the head is not a sin,coz the hair is for a covering....about those dress,it can cause offence...and should not be encouraged.About fitted blouse,i don't know how 'fitted' it is, it shouldn't sway your mind...skirt should reach the knees.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Alexyem: pls,dont insult my God.....insult me instead

Personally,i think your God is crap,toothless and powerless. You wanna prove me wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Alexyem(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
ifeness:

Personally,i think your God is crap,toothless and powerless. You wanna prove me wrong?
May God forgive you.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by crown86: 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2014

I quite understand your point and I want to assume you seek to know the truth. Let me start with the Yoruba adage you quoted. This is not entirely right in Christianity. The Bible say out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh- No man lights a candle and puts it under the bushel.

The light of the world on your inside must radiate out to the outside world. Now to the specifics of your question: The Bible does not give us a dress code but we have principle by which we should dress. One of such is:

a man should not wear what belongs to a woman-
Apostle Peter also states that women dressing should be with shamefacedness not with outside adorning. If we apply this to current situation; provocative dressing that leaves special part of female organ out should be avoided. Dresses that elicit immoral thinking and passion should be avoided. We should rather dress descently.

Now to the question of covering of head in some churches: Paul made mention of this in Corinthians. Covering of head or not covering it does not make you a sinner.It wont disqualify you from making heaven. Paul encourage women to cover their head when they are in the church particularly when praying BUT he also states that a woman long hair is a covering to her head.

Finally, he said if this would be coming something of contention, let everybody be for there is no custom as such.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Alexyem: May God forgive you.

Atimes you need to ignore fools when you see them.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2014

Bible principle:

1 Tim 2:9

"Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb."

Gen 3:21

And Jehovah God proceeded to make long garments of skin for Adam and for his wife and to clothe them."

Hair covering is essential, but not always. When she prophesies, and logically, when she takes a work often performed by men, they should be covered.
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by sam4(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
All dis tin are wrong in the presence of the Almigthy God. My bro pray to your creator to show you a church that both members and their pastors are heavenly minded. Mind you my bro if you mistakenly enter the wrong church uhmmm you may likely land in Hell. May God help us in the race, and let us get His grace to run our race
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
JMAN05:

Bible principle:

1 Tim 2:9

"Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb."

Gen 3:21

And Jehovah God proceeded to make long garments of skin for Adam and for his wife and to clothe them."

Hair covering is essential, but not always. When she prophesies, and logically, when she takes a work often performed by men, they should be covered.

After quoting from two verses of the bible that contradicts each other, you have the balls to call me a fool lol. 1diot!
Re: Pls,help Me Out,am Confused by Weah96: 5:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Alexyem: pls,dont insult my God.....insult me instead

Trying to score brownie points? This is the worst form of altruism ever. It requires no sacrifice.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why T.b Joshua's Guest House Collapsed. / Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) Rejects My Entry In their Church Premises. / Man Paid Me £2500 To Get His Wife Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.