Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (66813 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by drkay(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Subhanallah! May the Lord comfort their relatives.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ITbomb(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
I no fit comment for this kind thread
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by goshen26: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
RIP
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by aadoiza: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
O my gosh!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by BoiledCorn: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Whoever took this picture, God will judge you!!! angry

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Emmycheeze: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God not allow myself and my fellow nairalanders to be a victim of accident. Let hear an Amen.

4 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by chamboy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
If it caused by a trailer, I know who d blood is on

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by baba11(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God save us all,amin!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Kunleskey(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Chai! God help us in dis nation..
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by nerodenero: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
...and the extremely wicked ones wont die.RIP to the dead.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by amnestylaw1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.

Hmm, so so true. sad
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by lexman200(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Compliance: Some rccg members coming back from camp had a fatal accident along Akure - Ilesha expressway. Some are already dead by the time we got to the scene. Christians on Nairaland please let's lift up the banners of prayers for God's divine intervention.
RIP
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Haa, these buses with two blue lines on the middle that ply south west roads are death traps oo.

RIP to them.

Whenever I see those buses and the roughness of their drivers I pray for the occupants.

Those guys move at the speed of light..

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ibdeals1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG nt again cry
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by 1stola: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
BAD ROAD!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by olaiya2007(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
So sad rip to the dead
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oh my God!
May the dead fine peace in the presence of the Lord
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by omoloba123(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG shocked
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
purplekayc: There r a lot if stupid drivers on that route

Good point..
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by poiZon: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.

also our drivers are worst than d govt we mistakenly vote into power, wetin him dey drive go, na mecca abi jerusalem. road bad dem still dey drive at 120 - 150km/h. all d same rest in piss
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by amnestylaw1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Rather than hold our governments responsible for making our lives as citizens miserable, we are on Nairaland accusing each other and displaying our stupid and blind loyalty to APC and PDP, and even fighting useless, senseless, fruitless "tribalistic" fights. sad It is so sad that while we are fighting the wrong fights, our leaders are getting away with not living up to their responsibilities. embarassed This is just one of the problems we have been failing to address since God knows when- bad roads. Hospitals, education, and so many areas are there, not being addressed the way they ought to- thereby "killing" people in their droves. sad( Some may want to blame the drivers, yes drivers are to be careful when driving, however, our roads don't guarantee safe-landing even when you drive carefully. sad

4 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by chaloner(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
LORD WE ARE AT UR MERCY
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by hensben(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tragic!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Tucees(f): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
banega: Jesus christ!! Lord have mercy!! Wft ?? This is real heart breaking!! Btw these small buses are terrible, I avoid them like a plague when ever I'm travelling.. Especially on long distance journeys!! May God grant the families of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss of their loved ones!! Amen!! Real sad/sorry sad
Hmmm Fake news!! op be careful stop spreading false info.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Motunraycious(f): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG! Wen will all dis stop in our dear country?
Boko haram,shoka,social unrest,political instabilty,ebola nd nw anoda ghastly accident, shey na only 9ja waka cum ni
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by kunlepicktu: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
God av mercy
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by poiZon: 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

my bro it isnt abt the govt but d governed. na ghost dey break traffic laws? ofcourse no. who dey pay bribe to police n road wardens? na we now. no be ghost. who drinks n still jump on to drive? na we. so we need to first work on ourselves then the work of d govt officials will be easy.

4 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Baritone(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
A Moment of Prayer. King Of Heaven, Lord Almighty, Please let your mercy prevail.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tucees: Hmmm
What's the matter hun??
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ceasare: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
@volvos60 : you have said it all until we adopt d Chinese option of death sentence for stealing public funds and negligence of duty from public office holders.if not we keep running in circles till end of time.
We can start from here #death sentence for looting public treasury and corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.