Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (66814 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by shadrach77: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
RIP to the dead. @ OP, pls how are you sure they were coming from the camp ?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by dapny: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
Our roads are bad. Most of these inter state buses are also not in good condition . To make it worse the drivers of these buses are reckless.
May God comfort the families of those involved.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by GodMode: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
poiZon:

my bro it isnt abt the govt but d governed. na ghost dey break traffic laws? ofcourse no. who dey pay bribe to police n road wardens? na we now. no be ghost. who drinks n still jump on to drive? na we. so we need to first work on ourselves then the work of d govt officials will be easy.

the govt is responsible, cos if they did their jobs the police would stop vehicles on high speed....

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Cheiiii chineke nna!!!! cry Nekwanu obara umu mmadu. Ewoooo.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by victorazy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice: oh my Goodness....what kind of hot death is this?

May all viewing never enter any doomed vehicle in Jesus name.

Is called perish
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
cry But they were coming from camp now.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ogtavia(m): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
nerodenero: ...and the extremely wicked ones wont die.RIP to the dead.

God is a God of all-knowledge....
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by poiZon: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
GodMode:

the govt is responsible, cos if they did their jobs the police would stop vehicles on high speed....

they do, just that we hv insincere n bad products in naija.
those police road blocks whr to curb all these but d police abused it n used it in extorting money from motorist. n trust naija drivers they always want to break arrival time record.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by tonte(m): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
nassyblue: cry But they were coming from camp now.

How's that supposed to make a difference?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by GodMode: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
poiZon:

they do, just that we hv insincere n bad products in naija.
those police road blocks whr to curb all these but d police abused it n used it in extorting money from motorist. n trust naija drivers they always want to break arrival time record.

nope... they don't..... cos if they were working.... there would be lots of high speed chases and ticketing... but there is no ticketing in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Emmyfem97(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

You have just said the blattant truth.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by seedorfg(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Won lo Camp daran , Oluwa sa a nu wa o, 2day accident 2mao Ebola, this is getting worst day by day..
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
rip to the dead
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Am sure dis accident culd hav been avoided - bt God knows best
Rip 2 d dead,speedy total recovery 2 d survivors,a heart 2 bear d loss 4 d berived
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
ratiken:

You were so quick to blame bad roads and the government when you weren't told on the write-up that bad road was the cause.

Even if the entire roads in this country gets fixed, we need a paradigm shift to drive safely to avoid these incidents.

RIP to the dead.

^^^^
I am not here to get into a slanging match with anyone. I don't have the time, energy or patience for that.

I have my very valid reasons for my comments in prior posts. I stand by them.

I have driven (or been driven) across large swathes of Nigeria for many years. I have seen with my own two eyes horrific accidents of the kind being shown in this thread. Public officials in charge of road/highway traffic management routinely attribute the majority of road traffic accidents (RTAs) to driver error. As far as I am concerned, this approach is deeply cynical and discounts the contributory factors of very poor road infrastructure and a criminally incompetent regulatory system.

You explain away the very real problem of poor roads by glibly stating that 'even if the entire roads in this country gets fixed, we need a paradigm shift to drive safely to avoid these incidents'. For the sake of this argument I will let that bit about poor roads slide for now and take your point as given. How is this paradigm shift going to occur? Is it not through education and the proper application of incentives, rewards and penalties? Is this not typically administered by government through its regulatory agencies? Or do you have a proposal for highway traffic management/administration to be executed by your local fish seller or your neighbourhood/community watch? angry

Are you not aware of how thoroughly compromised the process of vehicle and driver licensing is in Nigeria? Is that a private failure or a government failure? angry

Focus on the real issues.

3 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by GodMode: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
ogtavia:

God is a God of all-knowledge....

there is no god.... the Creator of earth created good and evil.... it is left for humans to choose their path.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by kingthreat(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God comfort their relatives. RIP
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by poiZon: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
GodMode:

nope... they don't..... cos if they were working.... there would be lots of high speed chases and ticketing... but there is no ticketing in Nigeria...

hv u heard of the word BRIBERY?
That s what happens when d culprits are caught.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by GodMode: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
donkilidon: Am sure dis accident culd hav been avoided - bt God knows best
Rip 2 d dead,speedy total recovery 2 d survivors,a heart 2 bear d loss 4 d berived

all accidents are avoidable....
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by amanze15(m): 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
This life is nothing see that aunty lifeless body...
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by udysweet(f): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Compliance: Some rccg members coming back from camp had a fatal accident along Akure - Ilesha expressway. Some are already dead by the time we got to the scene. Christians on Nairaland please let's lift up the banners of prayers for God's divine intervention.
Merciful God! I don't know what to say anymore! *sobs* Father have mercy on Your children , sweep through our land and heal it. Let Your mercy prevail
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.
Don't blame this on Nigerian roads please, I drive on that road, going from ife to Erin ijesha and coming back, the road is very good, I can say that, could be the driver's fault, too much speed or something else.
But that Ife - Ilesha express road is very very good, still used the road recently sef.
May their souls RIP
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Naomiuche: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Well, some will say its governments fault, as if people don't travel on that same road.. To me its no 1s fault. I will always say this, its so so pointless to travel all d way from ur province in far away state in naija just for u to be at a convention or congress with less infrastruture to make you comfortable. ( Sleep in d cold for seven days, eating anytyp of unhealthy food, even toilets, bla bla bla). All d provinces in such case should do live broadcast in their churches instead of risking lives. My 2cents.

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by kabba7(m): 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Me i no sabi big engilisi na yoruba plus yamirin piple sabi ingilisi makei den day go sursh die for road abi den no worsip dia god well?
me i wan go take 2 botlu orijin dat new barasa for mess maki na continu wit turenchi .bai bai
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by jOsSyDman: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
CHAI
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Miner13: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oh God of heaven and earth your deed is unquestionable

Just imagine the joy in their heart some moment ago.
the joy of blessings from the programme.
the jovial talk before entering the bus.
the happiness of going back home.
hmmmmmmmm!!!
and the last thought of each mind.
GOD
how are we living every seconds of our their lives.
are we living it positively to the benefit of all God's creatures and to the glorification of Almighty God.
we are not better than the dead.
R.I.P the great army of Christ
cry

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by jOsSyDman: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
kabba7: Me i no sabi big engilisi na yoruba plus yamirin piple sabi ingilisi makei den day go sursh die for road abi den no worsip dia god well?
me i wan go take 2 botlu orijin dat new barasa for mess maki na continu wit turenchi .bai bai
KAI!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ogtavia(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
GodMode:

there is no god.... the Creator of earth created good and evil.... it is left for humans to choose their path.

There is God my brother,that creator of earth you talk about is God Almighty,Jehovah Yahweh,the God who lives where no one can fathom,the God who was,who is and God who is coming very soon.. READ Acts 17:22-31...and all he created was good,including u and I,he made the earth and all in it,however of all he created,one of them,his glorious angel,decided to turn from him and tow the line of evil and rebellion and from that angel all wickedness and evil on earth now come from,it is even he that has manage to convince you that there is no god,of course there is god,there is heaven and there is hell,infact there is life after death,there is power in Christ,there is fellowship with God through the Holy Spirit,I pray for you today,that the power that has convinced you that there is no god be shattered to pieces and rendered powerless in THE NAME OF JESUS,we all have a choice before us each day,like you said,right or wrong,good or evil,life or death,CHOOSE RIGHT WHiCH IS GOOD THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE,been right however won't save you for the life after this earth neither will been good,however,if you choose and accept JESUS,you have life,abundant life,never ending life,though you die,yet you live,...if you want to know more,here is my email:ogtavia_002@yahoo.com...be rest assured brother,THERE IS GOD,WE ARE NOT ANIMALS....THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH...PEACE LIKE A RIVER..

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
poiZon:

my bro it isnt abt the govt but d governed. na ghost dey break traffic laws? ofcourse no. who dey pay bribe to police n road wardens? na we now. no be ghost. who drinks n still jump on to drive? na we. so we need to first work on ourselves then the work of d govt officials will be easy.

^^^^
Very good. Your post proves my point that this is a regulatory failure. Governments shape behaviour by applying incentives, rewards and penalties. If the penalties for overspeeding and dangerous driving were severe, and enforcement rigidly applied, drivers would sit up. If people knew they would spend 6 months in jail for reckless endangerment on the roads, they would be a lot more careful.

This is regulatory failure in action, pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Blood of Jesus! RIP to d dead,Lord I thank U for keeping me alive! I decree and declare speedy recovery to d injured ones. It is well
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ghostfinger67: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
R.I.P. To die to me is a gain in Christ Jesus.( Apostle Paul). Death is just a phase in life and not the end. To be with the Lord is more gainful. Rest In Peace to death and to those who survive, the Lord speedy recovering is my whole heart condolence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.