Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (824083 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
gabialonso:
Hello people, happy sunday to you all. A quick question please: what document(s) could suffice for evidence of landed properties. I dont hv an ideal of what to upload. Pls help wit ur suggestions
u can upload c of o, or survey plan, deeds of assignment...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
It's a scam. check out the link below.

http://www.scamcallfighters.com/scam-call-006462050801--Canada-Immigration-Agency-Scam-Phone-call----6462050801-BEWARE--Fake-Service-Agency-7638.html

lassky:
Hello e-fam I just received a call from cic +6462050801 I couldn't hear wat dey wre saying cos of bad network sad I only heard dear applicant..
..application for........canada...press 1 d call cut off as I was trying to press 1. It was just lyk talkin 2 mtn customer care.Pls has anyone received such 2day?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:
GURUS in the house, clear me more on this; MUN did not give me admission for M.A in Pol Sci (internship Route)........Reason is as quoted, "Meets minimum requirements but is not competitive in admissions competition".....I gats reapply to say 2-3 schs now

hi.
Please, What are your credentials?
A strong SOP can change your competitive advantage, even if you are gonna try other schools, so far you meet the basic requirement, write a stronger SOP.
Then, be Prayerfully Positive.
More comments please.
Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:
GURUS in the house, clear me more on this; MUN did not give me admission for M.A in Pol Sci (internship Route)........Reason is as quoted, "Meets minimum requirements but is not competitive in admissions competition".....I gats reapply to say 2-3 schs now
Bro,wen was that? Am a political scientist too and i also applied for the same route... Can we rub minds bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
Bro,wen was that? Am a political scientist too and i also applied for the same route... Can we rub minds bro?

when did you guys receive your admission status?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

when did you guys receive your admission status?
the decision on my app has not been made... D deadline na feb 2015,still gat a couple of docs to snd.. Bt am so curious abt wt dt bros jst droped
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
the decision on my app has not been made... D deadline na feb 2015,still gat a couple of docs to snd.. Bt am so curious abt wt dt bros jst droped

oh ok. I see. It shall be okay.
Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
I have a question o .....at the moment I am being promised 3 advanced employment letters from different Ceo of companies. The first was where I did my internship, the second is my aunt's friends company, the third is my Uncle's company. They are all going to send recommendation letters....now

1) should they include that they are willing to absorb me into their companies at the completion of my studies in the recommendation letter

2)or should they write on another separate letter head promising to employ me on getting back? Meaning a separate letter head for recomendation and a separate for advance employment?

3) And finally can I use the 3 of them or 1 is enough?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

oh ok. I see. It shall be okay.
Peace
Are you for MUN too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
Are you for MUN too?

yes I am. But for Applied Science though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

Okay,dts cool... Fall 2015?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

Comp science or Comp Engineering?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
Okay,dts cool... Fall 2015?

yes, Fall 2015. Through wt application, awaiting my Acceptance Leta.

temiosunrinde:

Comp science or Comp Engineering?

Mech. Engn... Guess you are for Comp. Engn smiley

i pray for us the Best in JESUS name.
Peace

MODIFIED

from my experience with 9ja education, key decisions are made by the school senate. Next MUN senate meeting is December 9, look it up in the MUN 14/15 calendar, why don't you pray for favours.
Prayers put your fears abated, your self confidence to nought to get a higher Faith
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

yes, Fall 2015. Through wt application, awaiting my Acceptance Leta.

Mech. Engn... Guess you are for Comp. Engn smiley

i pray for us the Best in JESUS name.
Peace

MODIFIED

from my experience with 9ja education, key decisions are made by the school senate. Next MUN senate meeting is December 9, look it up in the MUN 14/15 calendar, why don't you pray for favours.
Prayers put your fears abated, your self confidence to nought to get a higher Faith
Peace.
Real talk bro.. The lord will favour us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Uptosomething(m): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:

I applied last year September and sent all docs in October.After Feb 2014,which is the deadline,around late March and Early April,I contacted them.They said that they had sent my letter(i.e Reply). I personally mailed Scot Matthews and he told me that I was not offered admission.Maybe,Internship route is not ideally good for Fresh graduate like I .But I want to BEFRIEND the internet n dig deeper , apply to at least two schs.Hope dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
Real talk bro.. The lord will favour us

Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:

I applied last year September and sent all docs in October.After Feb 2014,which is the deadline,around late March and Early April,I contacted them.They said that they had sent my letter(i.e Reply). I personally mailed Scot Matthews and he told me that I was not offered admission.Maybe,Internship route is not ideally good for Fresh graduate like I .But I want to BEFRIEND the internet n dig deeper , apply to at least two schs.Hope dey
Really? Sorry abt that.. If i may ask wts ur cgpa? Do u av any publication(s)? When did you graduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Uptosomething(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
Really? Sorry abt that.. If i may ask wts ur cgpa? Do u av any publication(s)? When did you graduate?

My CGPA is 4.38 in History and Int"l Relations,graduated in 2011 cuz of ASUU Strike (shd have been 2010)No publication just normal Notice Board Write-Ups.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:

since I first read your mail, I've been reading the school calendar, I discovered the following:
1. What are the reasons for denial?. This affords you to better prepare yourself for the next application. Your SOP, I believe, must be convincing enough to them.
2: Please read the Qualifications for Admission' section very well, you may really need to change your option, I am thinking the Thesis is better for Int'l students because you could Comparative Assessment of the Politics of your home country and NL's. Though I perceive, the Thesis route would be more tasking in terms of time and resources.
You may also consider the Research paper option. This like the Thesis option but probably with less rigorousity.
With a sound SOP, you may b@e considered for the Internship program.e.g. Tell them of your various political experience in 9ja, and you with a vision to impart your home country positively observed that Canada's political system is of interest to you and blah blah blah. (Don't mind me). Tell them you will be a good ambassador of the university etc.
I just observe that, these people want to see how serious you are and how good you could represent them before taking some decisions.
People who don't qualify, sometimes get admitted because of their SOP.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:

My CGPA is 4.38 in History and Int"l Relations,graduated in 2011 cuz of ASUU Strike (shd have been 2010)No publication just normal Notice Board Write-Ups.
Okay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Uptosomething(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

since I first read your mail, I've been reading the school calendar, I discovered the following:
1. What are the reasons for denial?. This affords you to better prepare yourself for the next application. Your SOP, I believe, must be convincing enough to them.
2: Please read the Qualifications for Admission' section very well, you may really need to change your option, I am thinking the Thesis is better for Int'l students because you could Comparative Assessment of the Politics of your home country and NL's. Though I perceive, the Thesis route would be more tasking in terms of time and resources.
You may also consider the Research paper option. This like the Thesis option but probably with less rigorousity.
With a sound SOP, you may b@e considered for the Internship program.e.g. Tell them of your various political experience in 9ja, and you with a vision to impart your home country positively observed that Canada's political system is of interest to you and blah blah blah. (Don't mind me). Tell them you will be a good ambassador of the university etc.
I just observe that, these people want to see how serious you are and how good you could represent them before taking some decisions.

Peace.

Personally, I ran through the three routes and Because one needed exposure and experience ,not BOOK knowledge/Theory as seen in Nigeria ;I opted for Internship Route.Also the search for Supervisors MIGHT delay me cuz as An Int'l Student U ought to apply VERY early once portal opens in SEptember.These summed my choice in going for Internship Route.
The denial calls for better Relaunch.Thanks for your ideas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

Peace.
You are on point bro,you talk more like a social scientist.. Lmao... I did package my app well,but the power belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:

Personally, I ran through the three routes and Because one needed exposure and experience ,not BOOK knowledge/Theory as seen in Nigeria ;I opted for Internship Route.Also the search for Supervisors MIGHT delay me cuz as An Int'l Student U ought to apply VERY early once portal opens in SEptember.These summed my choice in going for Internship Route.

you are welcome sir. All the Best.

Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
stevemims:
You are on point bro,you talk more like a social scientist.. Lmao... I did package my app well,but the power belongs to God.

lols... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Uptosomething:

Bro,if i may suggest why not go for yor primary course. I mean u applying to schools with msc/ma in inter rel/inter stud with God and dt cgpa i'm sure your nt gonna be denied.... I must confess those profs are just too busy or may be dey underate intl students cus dey will neva reply ur emails and u can't go ahead with the app if u dnt get a greean light from them.. I contacted prof karlo basta bt he dint get back to me had to inform scott mattews and he said i shd go ahead... I couldnt take d risk had to settle for d internship route... Exposure is what we nid lik u pointed out,we gon get dt by His grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Uptosomething(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Canada is good to go and Study but guys somehow are porting to Germany.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 1:25am On Nov 24, 2014
temiosunrinde:
I have a question o .....at the moment I am being promised 3 advanced employment letters from different Ceo of companies. The first was where I did my internship, the second is my aunt's friends company, the third is my Uncle's company. They are all going to send recommendation letters....now

1) should they include that they are willing to absorb me into their companies at the completion of my studies in the recommendation letter

2)or should they write on another separate letter head promising to employ me on getting back? Meaning a separate letter head for recomendation and a separate for advance employment?

3) And finally can I use the 3 of them or 1 is enough?

Hian! U be hot cake oo, first of all using 3 of em is not advisable, for you to choose the one u shud use,put the following into consideration

1. Which coy is inline with what you want to study?

2. If ur sponsor owns one of em coy (it's shows the coy is investing in you)

There is no need writing a separate letter. Just have d person u finally chose include it in one letter (to avoid unnecessary documents)

My 2 cowries. Good luck hot cake grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 24, 2014
double08:

Hian! U be hot cake oo, first of all using 3 of em is not advisable, for you to choose the one u shud use,put the following into consideration

1. Which coy is inline with what you want to study?

2. If ur sponsor owns one of em coy (it's shows the coy is investing in you)

There is no need writing a separate letter. Just have d person u finally chose include it in one letter (to avoid unnecessary documents)

My 2 cowries. Good luck hot cake grin

thanks.........my course of study can work anywhere

Non of them is my sponsor

Thank you bro......... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 3:06am On Nov 24, 2014
Hello peeps

for those applied through the paper route,
did you guys submitted original docs and
did you got your docs back after a decision
was reached??

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 5:26am On Nov 24, 2014
@bighead1; submit original documents, CIC will return them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Shyee:

hello bro, pls did mun mandate u to submit TOEFL or IELTS ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.