Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825030 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Don't be @ cufs just be confident dat God will cover every loopholes so that the VO won't find any reason not to call u for medicals. Dis is your second time right? U must have learnt from your first mistake. All the best to u and all medical awaitees

Nna my sister, it's my 3rd application ooh... As in number 3..lol..I just de beg baba God to give me good news with TRV. I did upfront med..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hi all..3wks has finally come and gone,twas like a year to me..thank God its finally over!

Update: my sch replied my mail that my program is available for may intake,so will be refiring for may! I need all the help and support I can get from here and with God and you guys,I believe it will def be a success...

Thanks y'all

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Please what is CIC upto ooh, is it just people within this forum that are not getting good news?? Do you guys have friends or know people outside this forum that have been getting medical calls for the past 3weeks?? We just need to know if people within have been refused because of their mistakes or its a mass refusal thing from CIC?? undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
I still believe these VOs are not out to chastise anybody in particular. And I don't believe there is any such thing as "injury time" blanket negative decisions as well. In fact, I think it's commendable that reasons are given for their unfavorable decisions; at least you can get a hint of where your application went wrong and then reapply. I know how disastrous application refusals could be (I've been there) especially if you have planned your whole life while banking on the visa approval but I think it's unfair to spread fears about a weapon of mass destruction just because shots were fired. Besides, this is an online forum filled with anonymous members; we shouldn't always take everyone's words as 100% truth. I mean, it's easier to make the VO look like the bad guy than to take full responsibility for omitting something important from your application.

Applications are treated on a case by case basis. Pls let's be positive about things rather than make negative assumptions.

For those that were recently delayed, I empathize... but don't bask in it for too long; move on and make your next move. There is definitely and always a way to fix it.

All the best.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
DebohBaron:
Stay??
Trust me, I'm coming back wen I'm done!!
Or let me just say I'll like to come back to naija after my masters and probably working experience.

Naija too sweet to just run comot. grin

Lol.. What else will u enjoy if not your stay, its not as if you'll be hanging in d air when you get to Canada.
Funny person
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
redribs:
I still believe these VOs are not out to chastise anybody in particular. And I don't believe there is any such thing as "injury time" blanket negative decisions as well. In fact, I think it's commendable that reasons are given for their unfavorable decisions; at least you can get a hint of where your application went wrong and then reapply. I know how disastrous application refusals could be (I've been there) especially if you have planned your whole life while banking on the visa approval but I think it's unfair to spread fears about a weapon of mass destruction just because shots were fired. Besides, this is an online forum filled with anonymous members; we shouldn't always take everyone's words as 100% truth. I mean, it's easier to make the VO look like the bad guy than to take full responsibility for omitting something important from your application.

Applications are treated on a case by case basis. Pls let's be positive about things rather than make negative assumptions.

For those that were recently delayed, I empathize... but don't bask in it for too long; move on and make your next move. There is definitely and always a way to fix it.

All the best.

I like, my faith just rose up again grin grin we will get it IJN!!! Wether the devil likes it or yes angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
lassky:
Make cic stop ds na embarassed abi dem want make we protest ni

Are you an OAU grad by any means. Cos that's the Aluta Spirit! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Cufs:

I like, my faith just rose up again grin grin we will get it IJN!!! Wether the devil likes it or yes angry

That's the spirit... keep it alive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Eleyi Gidi Gan ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bukky1989: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
realone01:
Congrats ma'am
thnks
. Please can i have yout number. I need to ask question like d address you used for sending d passport cos i dont stay in lagos too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Leaderdeji: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Dear All,

Thank you always for the good work you are doing. I have gotten a defer letter till may 2015 and I plan to fill a new application any time soon.

I am providing the list of documents that I submitted initially and the reasons for refusal as provided by the VO.

Please guide me as I plan to make a new application.

Documents submitted:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Admission letter
3. Receipt/evidence tuition fee payment
4. ND & HND CERT
5. My husband statement of account – N1m
6. My statement of account – N6.5m (note: my husband move N6m from his account to mine)
7. Letter of sponsorship and support from my husband
8. Pay stub of my husband
9. Reference letter from my last employer.
10. Birth certificate
11. In the SOP, I said I am self-employed and that I will handover my business to my mum to manage. I also said that my husband and my mum will take care of my two kids in my absence.
12. Land assets/property purchased at N15m in 2012 – jointly owned

Reasons for refusal:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay
2. Your travel history
3. Length of proposed stay in Canada
4. Purpose of visit
5. Your current employment situation
6. Your personal assets and financial status
7. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada

Regards,
Leaderdeji
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
redribs:
I still believe these VOs are not out to chastise anybody in particular. And I don't believe there is any such thing as "injury time" blanket negative decisions as well.
All the best.
Bruv, I do believe in "injury time" based on my years of experience. I don't think anyone is making any negative assumptions. More reason we have to cross our T's & dot I's before sending in applications because cases are treated differently and once they get to that quota they only give chances to the best. Grace is all we need. Besides, it's almost here...congrats in advance wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
pchax:

hahaha grin grin grin I be UITES oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2014
pchax:

aluta asatra sabuuuuurrriiiiiiii
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hello guys. I need advise. I want to do PG in info tech and have seen some schools. My problem is that I did not study any thing related to computers or IT but want to change career path. The travel agency I want to use is saying that I must apply for a course related to what I did in BSc if not I won't be given visa. Pls advise me o. How I go do am o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
@Leaderdeji; I hope all you stated is the truth?
* What did you study at UG level and what are you going for at PG?
* You are self employed; what are you into and where are the documents backing this up/source of income?
* Your husband should up his account if he is sponsoring you. With that balance, I bet it won't fly because he has to keep the family in shape.
* Please, work on your SOP; emphasis on your past experience and why you are going for this course more so,what you intend to achieve( these reasons handles purpose of visit). Iyanu a sele cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
@ada4all; what is your major and have you any experience in IT world?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
Joe980:
Bruv, I do believe in "injury time" based on my years of experience. I don't think anyone is making any negative assumptions. More reason we have to cross our T's & dot I's before sending in applications because cases are treated differently and once they get to that quota they only give chances to the best. Grace is all we need. Besides, it's almost here...congrats in advance wink

As long as it is not stated on the CIC site that there is a quota, it remains an issue of "whatever anyone wants to believe" and I'd rather go with the positive idea; which is "no quota exists". Granted, the bar may have been raised...for other reasons; maybe a new policy implemented, but let's not think too far. All I'm just saying is that we should remain positive and look on the brighter side.

Thanks tho. That's more like it wink. Wishing you well also.

P.s: I'm surprised you particularly do believe in the "injury time" tho, cause I can see you just applied this month. Did you do upfront medicals?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
Leaderdeji:
Dear All,

Thank you always for the good work you are doing. I have gotten a defer letter till may 2015 and I plan to fill a new application any time soon.

I am providing the list of documents that I submitted initially and the reasons for refusal as provided by the VO.

Please guide me as I plan to make a new application.

Documents submitted:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Admission letter
3. Receipt/evidence tuition fee payment
4. ND & HND CERT
5. My husband statement of account – N1m
6. My statement of account – N6.5m (note: my husband move N6m from his account to mine)
7. Letter of sponsorship and support from my husband
8. Pay stub of my husband
9. Reference letter from my last employer.
10. Birth certificate
11. In the SOP, I said I am self-employed and that I will handover my business to my mum to manage. I also said that my husband and my mum will take care of my two kids in my absence.
12. Land assets/property purchased at N15m in 2012 – jointly owned

Reasons for refusal:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay
2. Your travel history
3. Length of proposed stay in Canada
4. Purpose of visit
5. Your current employment situation
6. Your personal assets and financial status
7. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada

How can your husband sponsor you with N1m, you should have left the funds in his account.
What did you study for your HND and what are you going for i.e program and level of study?
How long is the program for?Possible there's an issue with your admission letter.
your SOP will need work also, if you are self employed, you have to link your program with the course you going for.
You might need to get an additional sponsor who can give you an SOA of additional N5m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
@redribs; I have bn monitoring this stuff since 2011...and I notice it happens. We just have to be positive wink Do you believe in miracle? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
@omooba and olamonsor2 Did u get a notification in your mail before checking your CIC Page?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Joe980:
@redribs; I have bn monitoring this stuff since 2011...and I notice it happens. We just have to be positive wink Do you believe in miracle? grin

Lol. See dis guy trying to steal my role. No be me dey preach the positivity?

2011? Baba I even think sey u don get like 10 yrs experience for the matter. I've been on this matter long enough too. There's no definite trend with the way CIC works bro; if you have been observing well, you'd have noticed that their policies change anyhow...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
loladeoye:
@omooba and olamonsor2 Did u get a notification in your mail before checking your CIC Page?
Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaylinaaa(f): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2014
Keep positive guys... Believe smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
MrArams:
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS ( WINTER - JAN 2015 )

1. tianadiva: SEPTEMBER 5, Uni of Manitoba, online, UG. TRV
2. fabuloustee: SEPTEMBER 9, Niagara college, paper, UG. TRV
3. jojcanada: SEPTEMBER 9, Seneca college, Paper, PG. TRV
4. MrArams: SEPTEMBER 11, CUCA, online, PG. TRV
5. Mesh2003: SEPTEMBER 17, North Island college, paper, TRV
6. vanrichie4u: SEPTEMBER 24, Nothern lights college, online, PG MEDICALS
7. duntano: SEPTEMBER 25, Conestoga college, paper, Diploma. delayed
8. Santohfilz: SEPTEMBER 26, UPEI, online, UG. delayed
9. pchax: SEPTEMBER 28, Uni of Windsor, online, PG MEDICALS
10. tweeny24: SEPTEMBER 29, centennial college, paper, diploma. delayed
11. lilspiceyy: SEPTEMBER 30, NBCC, online, diploma.delayed
12. kaynine59: SEPTEMBER 30, Niagara college, paper, PG. delayed
13. omooba: OCTOBER 1, laurentian university, online route, PG.delayed
14. Dafinest4life: OCTOBER 2, Olds college, online, diploma. delayed
15. lewoxxy: OCTOBER 2, Seneca college, online, PG. delayed
16. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG
17. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
18. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip
19. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, paper, 2nd UG.
20. Babahor: OCTOBER 15, seneca college, online, PG.
21. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma.
22. newbie2014: OCTOBER 16, GBC, online, PG.
23. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG.
24. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG.
25. holu26: OCTOBER 17, Uni of Lethbridge, online, UG.
26. blink6: OCTOBER 21, MUN, online, UG.
27. chops33: OCTOBER 22, Brandon uni, online, UG.
28. Tnuola: OCTOBER 23, Lambton college, paper, PG.
29. basukajoe: October 24, Niagara College, Paper, PG
30. Joe980: NOVEMBER 1, UOttawa, paper, PG.
31. castiello: NOVEMBER 2, York University, online, PG.
32. Chuckie414: NOVEMBER 3 ,SAIT, paper, UG.
33. warrikid: NOVEMBER 4, Humber college, online, PG.
34. mrnilobrawn: Nov 6, UNB, Online, PG
35. mamula: NOVEMBER 17, Seneca, online, PG

If you have admission for Winter
and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

FINAL UPDATE
[/b]

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
redribs:

Lol. See dis guy trying to steal my role. No be me dey preach the positivity?

2011? Baba I even think sey u don get like 10 yrs experience for the matter. I've been on this matter long enough too. There's no definite trend with the way CIC works bro; if you have been observing well, you'd have noticed that their policies change anyhow...
It's all good... Nick is knocking, check your mail cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sometin just moved me to drop this

Hint: Ensure u lay emphasis in ur SOP on how ur course of study in canada wud help to build ur career path in the future back here and towards d development of ur country NIGERIA!! ...that was d angle I used (and use this punch line to end it) "I look forward to benefit from the promise canada made in the bilateral treaty with my country nigeria. Use ur words
VOs r human pych them with ur niaja sense..

+God +faith

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
@vanrichie4u; walahiii, I will cofy you verbatim wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
vanrichie4u:
Sometin just moved me to drop this

Hint: Ensure u lay emphasis in ur SOP on how ur course of study in canada wud help to build ur career path in the future back here and towards d development of ur country NIGERIA!! ...that was d angle I used (and use this punch line to end it) "I look forward to benefit from the promise canada made in the bilateral treaty with my country nigeria. Use ur words

+God +faith
... And what is the bilateral treaty... lol ..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Leaderdeji: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
Joe980:
@Leaderdeji; I hope all you stated is the truth?
* What did you study at UG level and what are you going for at PG?
* You are self employed; what are you into and where are the documents backing this up/source of income?
* Your husband should up his account if he is sponsoring you. With that balance, I bet it won't fly because he has to keep the family in shape.
* Please, work on your SOP; emphasis on your past experience and why you are going for this course more so,what you intend to achieve( these reasons handles purpose of visit). Iyanu a sele cool

Thanks. That is the truth. My HND was in Geology and Mining. However my work experience has been in sales, Geophysical exploration and facilities management. I am actually going for a 2 yrs post graduate diploma program in Business Administration. I had assumed initially that since it was my husband that provided the fund, the balance of N1m and his pay slip would suffice. Unfortunately, I did not provided any document to back up my evidence of being self employed. Guessed that was too bad. Thanks for the guide.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
Siga:
... And what is the bilateral treaty... lol ..

Siga...niaja and. Canada have a blaah blaah ...lol..I b engineer..pardon my terms...lol. But seriously both countries have a bilateral blaah blaah.. "Diplomatic relationship". Canada promised to develop niaja (eg education, etc) I did a lot of research b4 I penned down my SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
And its sad to read a comment earlier on this page from some1 that was successful, that he is deleting from here..its sad but well "its not by force". We all met fellows here that made our application a success, do the same for a million others....PR still dey to jump remember that.... HERE I STAND

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.