Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (824211 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 3:28am On Aug 28, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Lols I guess bogan fish
it means bread

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 3:35am On Aug 28, 2014
tofam3k3: Did Medicals on 22nd August, school resumes on Sep. 3rd!!!, still no word from CIC. wonder why its taking forever now embarassed

Full Testimony Loading grin

#MUN

pls are you for Under Grad or PG??

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2014
@kennycooly in my own little advice i will advice that you go through paper route since your uncle refuse to give you his SOA.then fill your form and submit and send your UCI number to your uncle to address his SOA and other vital document to the embassy in support of your application, by also quoting ur UCI. good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Holu26:

Since doc format is one of the allowed format. I believe u av done d right thing. Success in your application
Thanks boss. Appreciated!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2014
cman4good: please i want to know if i can get a police clearance or police stations in Lagos next tomrrw... plz ur advise and information. thanks

Oga Kindly restructure ur question. Do u mean if u can get a police report day after tomoro in a police station in Lagos. If so,yes. Just go to any police station nearest to u,if dey cant do it, ask dem d station where u can do it. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
That could work too if his uncle is computer savvy.
Holu26:

If u are applying online, give your uncle your user name and password so that he can upload the financial documents wherever he is
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Guten Morgen House?..wie est du?.... cheesy cheesy....pls,wanna ask if N5m SoA for a 2yrs Masters Programme@cost(N450k/annual) will convince d V.o, sponsored by brother-ln-law...he works in a bank;ve a house;a car...with 2kids...n his wife(my sis is working too)
And pls,my fellow Africanadites...I need a sample of a sponsors affidavit n letter of sponsor...
kindly send to gbemiletemi@gmail.com
God bless u as u do...ur life will neva remain d same.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 28, 2014
bighead1:
it means bread

Lol ok thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Finestlex: . I got mine when I got here. But I'll advice you to use Google map. Search for home stay around your skl. You'll see their number on the internet, call them and book. Tell them you coming so so date. So when you land, you just take a taxi to the place. Them no dey price taxi here. As e dey drive dey go, e go dey read for the screen. You go see for yourself. They have a map paper where all addresses and prices to drive to there. Safe trip in advance

Thanks bro... All d best.. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 8:31am On Aug 28, 2014
degreat11:

best schools are always competitive that's why they are best. u might want to consider less competitive ones.

so what school do you suggest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2014
bighead1:

pls are you for Under Grad or PG??

Thanks

PG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2014
yomisley: Pls does MUN require English test for nigerian student

Requirements defer by department, i'll suggest you check MUN website/your department of interest's page to know their requirements. I've heard of cases of English test waivers but you still need to have a chat with your Faculty admission officer on that.
I wrote TOEFL though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2014
XpensiveT:

Hello @tofam3k3..plz, am willing to apply for my MSc program @MUN buh am not sure maybe my cgpa is up to d requirement needed to be considered for admission. Do MUN accepts graduates with second class lower division(2;2)? I graduated with cgpa of 2.77, do u think they might consider me if I apply? I will like to here one or two things frm you soon. Thanks

Best Regards

I believe they do, as long as you're not requesting for any scholarship/grant + a good SOP/Essay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 28, 2014
gentpeace: pls who knows if i can apply for canadian study visa from another country,or will they request that i must come back to apply from Nigeria ?, @ amefrica pls help

Not compulsory you come back home to apply!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2014
I appreciate, thanks
DFodio: Since the school gave you that choice. Then I guess it's fine to pick any of them. But if I was in your shoes. I would pick Regina. I won't want to be far from major activities since the main campus is situated there. Just an opinion brother. Good luck in your choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:

Is it Concordia Uni in Montreal? Do you uploaded your waec result with at least C6 in english?

Yes o, Concordia. I dint get anything below C5 in all my waec n Neco courses. And even in my high school transcript, I got A from Jss1-Ss3
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2014
effectplus: Guten Morgen House?..wie est du?.... cheesy cheesy....pls,wanna ask if N5m SoA for a 2yrs Masters Programme@cost(N450k/annual) will convince d V.o, sponsored by brother-ln-law...he works in a bank;ve a house;a car...with 2kids...n his wife(my sis is working too)
And pls,my fellow Africanadites...I need a sample of a sponsors affidavit n letter of sponsor...
kindly send to gbemiletemi@gmail.com
God bless u as u do...ur life will neva remain d same.....

Please what school did you get an Msc with a tution that low? mind sharing? 450,000naira is really cheap. mine is 1.2million naira a year for civil engr. pls share
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chizzy01(f): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2014
akosh005:

@ chizzy01, longest tym, wat up with u. @chichi89 I wish safe flight to mapleland. Cheerssssss
am gud dear n u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Lonewolf001:

so what school do you suggest

you can check University of Ottawa, MUN, University of York, University of Manitoba etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
Joshcoli:

From the look of things you applied at MUN... I applied also but was told to send my results to WES for verification (by the way I finished from yabatech) and admission differed till next year. Did you apply to WES also
please I wanna know how far you have gone with your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
ok tanx i'll check them out. ar u studying dere already

you can check University of Ottawa, MUN, University of York, University of Manitoba etc[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TeamclicksAir: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

Hello Bro.. Pls if one takes a flight that is going through the US, do you need a transit visa even if you're not stepping out of the airport? Or it is just the basic requirement when passing through? Thanks
yes you need a transit visa. Most Airlines wont carry you without it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
but i already choose International Baccalaureate i hope that wont be a problem.?
bighead1:

Previous high school Graduate sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
OMG i already did the registration i just hope they dont ask for English test.
tofam3k3:

Requirements defer by department, i'll suggest you check MUN website/your department of interest's page to know their requirements. I've heard of cases of English test waivers but you still need to have a chat with your Faculty admission officer on that.
I wrote TOEFL though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
degreat11:

you can check University of Ottawa, MUN, University of York, University of Manitoba etc

How about University of New Brunswick....
I wonder why people dont head that way.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
TeamclicksAir: yes you need a transit visa. Most Airlines wont carry you without it.

Pls what is the best deal I can get for 4th sept to Toronto. Best I got is klm 356k.. Your response will b appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nabylet:

Yes o, Concordia. I dint get anything below C5 in all my waec n Neco courses. And even in my high school transcript, I got A from Jss1-Ss3
efiwe grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
MrArams:
efiwe grin

What is efiwe Oga? A in English Language not in all d courses...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Realone92(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Chatters:

I'm very much interested. I've PM'd you
hi ma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lonewolf001: ok tanx i'll check them out. ar u studying dere already

What CGPA did you graduate with?

Though its a determining factor, the best way to easily get an admission into a Research Based Masters is to get a supervisor...and with the supervisor's recommendation, your admission is already 60-70% certain if not more than.

Even if you apply to uOttawa, MUN, uYork or uManitoba without getting a supervisor to recommend you for admission, you might get similar response from the schools.

But the main issue now is how to get a supervisor, which is the biggest challenge in getting admitted for a Research based programme.

Those schools you mentioned can easily give you admission if you apply for Course Based Masters and ur CGPA is high as well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by misturchris(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello nairalanders, those coming to lambton should act fast because houses are going faster than i can type this message. and classes start next week. good to be back here and cannyis a beautiful place. more TRVs for all......

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nabylet:

Did you attach the result to the application? If yes, just send them an email stating your prior education was in english and you're proficient in it, also attach your result to the mail.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.