Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (824223 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by goldenlove(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
pyhz: I was given my work permit immediately i got to the airport yesterday despite having my visa issued to me in april....so i dnt think its jz those issued after June 1 that can gt thr work permit!

Hello Guys, I read this section of this forum but never commented because the messages here are encouraging. I applied for student visa April and got it June, after a month and two days. Thank you all for the great work.

And to your post, if you have a study permit without remark that you can work and you want to, kindly follow this step.

1.) Get a letter of enrollment from your Institution.
2.) Scan it
3a.) goto https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx (or you do step 3b)

3b) google "Case Specific Enquiry for CIC.

4.) Click international student confirmation Letter to work off Campus, but note you can only work 20 Hours per week.

5.) Attach your scanned letter of enrollment with some other details required

6.) wait for maximum of 30 days and you will be issued a letter.

7.) Take this letter to "Service Canada" alongside your Study Permit

8.) Request for SIN (Social Insurance Number)

In few minutes you will be given SIN that will enable you work.

Once again, I thank you all.

Samuel from UBC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
demoah:
You should come tomorrow. I have a big house party tomorrow night. I sent out an I.V and i think it has gone viral. I just hope the cops wont shut it down.
....Oh!! really...I for like come sha but i just landed from Niagara falls.....sharpally send my own Shepe and Paraga bro!!!....Thank God miss bon no dey read the forum now grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by missbon(f): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Seen Chrigo dear grin *just passing*
ChriGo: ....Oh!! really...I for like come sha but i just landed from Niagara falls.....sharpally send my own Shepe and Paraga bro!!!....Thank God miss bon no dey read the forum now grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Joe980: What you need is form 1294E & Family information form. Police clearance is not needed if applying online.
yes i have done that but in the submitting checklist i saw something like this After letter of Explanation.....Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by goldenlove(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....Lolzzz....Nice!!....Keep enjoying bro...will holla anytime i show for Hamilton grin...
Siga: ... Drove pass ur area last week... but couldnt stop as na midnight....

Helllo Chrigo, thanks for your kind advice on this forum. Please, do you know of any Nigerian student in UBC because I am in UBC for my Graduate Program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
cman4good: yes i have done that but in the submitting checklist i saw something like this After letter of Explanation.....Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada.
Its optional...don't think you need it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
missbon: Seen Chrigo dear grin *just passing*
...oops!! undecided...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....Oh!! really...I for like come sha but i just landed from Niagara falls.....sharpally send my own Shepe and Paraga bro!!!....Thank God miss bon no dey read the forum now grin.....

missbon: Seen Chrigo dear grin *just passing*

Caught in the act! grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: .....Oh!!! that one!!...Its an Optional form....download and read it....if it applies to you...fill and upload it....if it doesn't apply to you, leave am and carry on with ur app.....No time bro...Canny dey wait you grin......
ok thanks and God bless,,,, that mean is not necessary then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abbyjo: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....It means the program is compressed....if normally a program takes 2yrs....Fast tracking it means it will take 1yr.....No breaks!!...No breathing space!!....You go read all through till you have no blood left!! grin......

Thanks alot,tho. U scared me der with d reading till I have no blood left. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello house!
Is it not to early to apply for 2015 fall admission now?..I
hope C6 in English is good to go for MUN admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
goldenlove:

Helllo Chrigo, thanks for your kind advice on this forum. Please, do you know of any Nigerian student in UBC because I am in UBC for my Graduate Program.
....Nope!!!....don't know anyone in that sch...oh well!! now i know you dia grin....You can send PM to Playpays.....we sent him packing to British Columbia so thats his domain.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
cman4good: ok thanks and God bless,,,, that mean is not necessary then
...Yep...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
abbyjo:

Thanks alot,tho. U scared me der with d reading till I have no blood left. Lol
....lolzzz.....Don't be scared...book no fit kill grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Amefrica:
Caught in the act! grin grin
boss good evening ooooooo... please i am expecting ur advise on my previous post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
cman4good: boss good evening ooooooo... please i am expecting ur advise on my previous post

Bro, if you're talking about the schedule 1 info form, then it is optional.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
ok..thnks
mrnilobrawn:

Hi, I think his frnd did'nt leta use his uncle SOA.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
please i wana know if there is any where the checklist number is required in the submission of online appl.... please your advise is needed here oooo/.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Amefrica:
Bro, if you're talking about the schedule 1 info form, then it is optional.
boss, I hope skipping it will not affect my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
goldenlove:

Hello Guys, I read this section of this forum but never commented because the messages here are encouraging. I applied for student visa April and got it June, after a month and two days. Thank you all for the great work.

And to your post, if you have a study permit without remark that you can work and you want to, kindly follow this step.

1.) Get a letter of enrollment from your Institution.
2.) Scan it
3a.) goto https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx (or you do step 3b)

3b) google "Case Specific Enquiry for CIC.

4.) Click international student confirmation Letter to work off Campus, but note you can only work 20 Hours per week.

5.) Attach your scanned letter of enrollment with some other details required

6.) wait for maximum of 30 days and you will be issued a letter.

7.) Take this letter to "Service Canada" alongside your Study Permit

8.) Request for SIN (Social Insurance Number)

In few minutes you will be given SIN that will enable you work.

Once again, I thank you all.

Samuel from UBC

Hello bro! Will be coming ova to UBC this fall also for my graduate program too. Happy to have u here grin wont mind if we can share contact wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Finestlex(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
pyhz: I was given my work permit immediately i got to the airport yesterday despite having my visa issued to me in april....so i dnt think its jz those issued after June 1 that can gt thr work permit!
. A guy that stays same building with me and also in my skl told me I can work with just my study permit.. I've gotten my SIN number.. How true is that. What does work permit look like @chrigo siga missbon phyz evrryone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
demoah:
You should come tomorrow. I have a big house party tomorrow night. I sent out an I.V and i think it has gone viral. I just hope the cops wont shut it down.
.... Bros... not that I don't want you to enjoy oo... But sending out I.V that has gone viral... do u know u can be charged by the police if the noise and crowd becomes too much and ur neighbours call... Keep in mind ... this may affect ur future plans of gaining PR or citizenship.... Be very careful....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Finestlex: . A guy that stays same building with me and also in my skl told me I can work with just my study permit.. I've gotten my SIN number.. How true is that. What does work permit look like @chrigo siga missbon phyz evrryone
... For u to secure a SIN... ur study permit must have specified u can work... and right now... All students are allowed to work... so.. u are good... Chrigogo... correct me if I'm wrong...SIN is for records and tax purposes...SIN is what employers use to report your pay ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
Finestlex: . A guy that stays same building with me and also in my skl told me I can work with just my study permit.. I've gotten my SIN number.. How true is that. What does work permit look like @chrigo siga missbon phyz evrryone
...u dont need workpermit...you're already permitted to work automatically my man...the SIN is all u need to get going and u already have it so no issues bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: .... Bros... not that I don't want you to enjoy oo... But sending out I.V that has gone viral... do u know u can be charged by the police if the noise and crowd becomes too much and ur neighbours call... Keep in mind ... this may affect ur future plans of gaining PR or citizenship.... Be very careful....
...Oopsgrin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by getbeta: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ Delta, Hotstepper, fidelo u have been so helpful on this thread may God crown all ur effort with success. This thread has bin so helpful. still expecting my admission letter.

Cheers!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: ... For u to secure a SIN... ur study permit must have specified u can work... and right now... All students are allowed to work... so.. u are good... Chrigogo... correct me if I'm wrong...SIN is for records and tax purposes...SIN is what employers use to report your pay ...
....yes you're right Oga mi grin....some employers wicked small shall...unto say dem no wan report pay via the SIN...they pay far below the minimum wage...so some peeps work far beyond the stipulated hours instructed by CIC since there is no record to show....A classmate of mine almost got trapped doing such.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ...Oopsgrin....
.... May I add that if you throw a party and offer people liquor ... they get drunk and had accident ... U are RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened... U are no more in Naija ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....yes you're right Oga mi grin....some employers wicked small shall...unto say dem no wan report pay via the SIN...they pay far below the minimum wage...so some peeps work far beyond the stipulated hours instructed by CIC since there is no record to show....A classmate of mine almost got trapped doing such.....
... Ah well... its a choice... though illegal... Plus don't forget to tell them that when they file their taxes come Feb. 2015.... they better not declare they make such amount if there is no paperwork....If caught... Na TAX FRAUD ooo... plus several Immigration violations... MMIA no too far oo... Keep in mind USA ICE has a plane and when dem ship Africans back to Africa... they come to Canada to pack more Africans to fill up the plane... grin ...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
So no1 wanna answer my question... Awwwr!shit!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
sidnigga: Hello house!
Is it not to early to apply for 2015 fall admission now?..I
hope C6 in English is good to go for MUN admission
sidnigga: So no1 wanna answer my question... Awwwr!shit!
...Check with MUN... Check their website and see if Admission for that session is open... If it is...apply ASAP... If not, send that a mail and ask when it will be open.... C6 is accepted...IF not sure... check the requirements on the schools website for your particular program...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Siga: .... May I add that if you throw a party and offer people liquor ... they get drunk and had accident ... U are RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened... U are no more in Naija ooo
....Chai!!!...Thats true...Miss bon told me sometimes ago that this happened to someone in Turkey....Anyways, i'm kuku a lowkey man so i no dey do party grin.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.