Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,979 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland (27446 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Any One Knows Why twins Were Killed In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2014
What part of Igbo are you marrying from? ? Our traditions vary...

If na Imo state, go with plenty cash...hehehe
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Idowuogbo(f): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2014
FELIX30: hmmmm ur comments show that u have no element of love for this girl. A girl u claim to love and wants to marry is the same person u are reffering to as a "biatch"!!! What a world!!! Thank God they didn't allow u marry her cos u are d bigger biatch.
... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Felix don vex eee
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zinny01: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2014
@gerrardomendes u r the biggest fool I ve ever seen on earth dis guy is asking for an important advice nd u r here typing rubbish
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by sammykaka: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2014
WELL, I DID MY INTRODUCTION MARCH 2014, AM NOT AN IBO. B4 I WENT FOR MY INTRODUCTION AT ENUGU, I VISITED MY FIANCEE MOST SENIOR BROTHER IN ABUJA, HE ASK ME TO GO AHEAD FOR THE INTRODUCTION WIT OUT ANY PROBLEM, HE EVEN TOLD ME DUE TO DISTANCE AND COST OF TRANSPORTATION I CAN GO ALONE WITH MY WIFE TO BE...I WENT ALONE AND IT WAS DONE WIT OUT ANY PROBLEM, I BOUGHT KOLA, SCHNAPPS, FOUR CARTOONS OF BEER AND ONE CRATE OF MALT AND SOME KEGS OF PALM WINE, ALTHOUGH DEY ASK ME Y I CAME ALONE, MY INLAW TO BE TOLD DEM because OF D DISTANCE, I COLLECTED D LSIT WITH THE SOME OF ONE THOUSAND NAIRA. ACTUALLY IS NOT DAT SERIOUS FREE UR MIND. AND MY TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE IS FIX ON AUGUST 25TH 2014 BY GOD GRACE. IS NOW I BELIEVE DAT IS NOT ALL IGBOS DAT HYPE MUCH MONEY ON THEIR DAUGHTERS..[/color]

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Guy dont be deceived by all this money issue,you just need to go there with close family relative and few friends and a bottle of wine and kola nuts,money is not required at introduction stage unless you just want to give out

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by silvoice(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2014
@all who contributed meaninfully to this issue, i'm very grateful. i'm more confident now as ur advice has given me more info. on what to do. thanks a lot. Note: she is Abia, a final yr student and a new Nairalander. sometime in d future i wil refer her to this thread. Once again, thanks you

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by joylicious(f): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2014
Dosoq: O boy,go load ur pocket o cos dey go bill u die,u'l pay 4 evrytin including d mat she used in sleeping as a child especially if she's a graduate and an ABIA lady.

which state r u frm?by d way wetin abia ladies do oo

,★SHOUTS MAKE UNA COME OUT O★
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by joylicious(f): 9:39am On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: @all who contributed meaninfully to this issue, i'm very grateful. i'm more confident now as ur advice has given me more info. on what to do. thanks a lot. Note: she is Abia, a final yr student and a new Nairalander. sometime in d future i wil refer her to this thread. Once again, thanks you

congrats in advance our in-law.take care of our sister wella..
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by joylicious(f): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: @all who contributed meaninfully to this issue, i'm very grateful. i'm more confident now as ur advice has given me more info. on what to do. thanks a lot. Note: she is Abia, a final yr student and a new Nairalander. sometime in d future i wil refer her to this thread. Once again, thanks you

congrats in advance our in-law.take care of our sister wella..
Abia kwenu!!!
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Imoy(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Dosoq: O boy,go load ur pocket o cos dey go bill u die,u'l pay 4 evrytin including d mat she used in sleeping as a child especially if she's a graduate and an ABIA lady.

Chai! Seeing this alone, fear don grip me.

My gf is frm Abia, and I am planning to marry her, but with wot u wrote up dere, I will rethink again. And to make matter worst, she is the first female child of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by siobahn: 9:49am On Aug 11, 2014
mifavour: it varies though... I'm from Alor in Anambra state...
When my hubby came for my introduction he came with his dad mum and about two uncles... With wines...dint ve to come with cash.. It wasnt needed then...
Then in the list was: one goat, one bag of salt, one carton of soap, a complete set of dress for the brides mum( gele, blouse entorica) then 5cartons of drinks(assorted) thats all..
Ntin like yam n d likes

Fellow Alor peeps!!! grin When my sis was getting married, na just wine for introduction. For the list, My brother in law did not bring goat o! I think it depends on the parents. One carton of soap, 5 cartons of drinks, hollandis( or something), there was no gele and blouse, and there were no yams.
Infact i cringe when i hear people's experiences of a rather long unreasonable list given to them in other villages.

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by NewNigeriaMind: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: pls i need advice on how to go for this my marriage introduction. My wife-to-be is an Ibo girl. i hav some questions which I'd Like my useful NLs to help me, because my parents are late and i don't really know who to ask this question and get an objective answer. 1. should i ask my girl to tell me what is needed 4 first introdution according 2 their tradition or jus go wit cash? 2. if i go with a friend is it ok or must i go with an elder at this 1st stage? pls i need sincere advice, b4 i make mistake

OP please if you are Yoruba I want to ask you what you are doing with an Igbo girl.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Shattap;you Igbo f00l;what do you know about luv?someone i dedicated 5 yrs of my life to?some1 i sacrificed everytin just to be with?her greedy n biased parents never bothered to ask her how she survived tru d univ;wen she was sending money home to dem;dey neva questnd my tribe..bro;you know noffin abt love okk?she is a biatch!cox d girl i fell in luv wit ;died d minute she gave me silly excuses last yr!You re just another fuvking osu..go and die;you Igbos/Igbos are all d same.
FELIX30: hmmmm ur comments show that u have no element of love for this girl. A girl u claim to love and wants to marry is the same person u are reffering to as a "biatch"!!! What a world!!! Thank God they didn't allow u marry her cos u are d bigger biatch.

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Better flee dude..Abians are the worse!!esp if d gal is an ada(eldest daughter);wise up dude;else u re gona get bankrupt all in d name of getting married 2d luv of ur lyf..d funny tin is dat d ladies re aware of deir fuvkin traditn bt dey wont tell d guy dey re dating..well;if u re buoyant enuf;carry on..#i wish u well#
Imoy:

Chai! Seeing this alone, fear don grip me.

My gf is frm Abia, and I am planning to marry her, but with wot u wrote up dere, I will rethink again. And to make matter worst, she is the first female child of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2014
1000000000 likes...dose biafran who.res only av sight on one tin-"Money"
NewNigeriaMind:

OP please if you are Yoruba I want to ask you what you are doing with an Igbo girl.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by luvprince4real(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2014
tsolz84: Better flee dude..Abians are the worse!!esp if d gal is an ada(eldest daughter);wise up dude;else u re gona get bankrupt all in d name of getting married 2d luv of ur lyf..d funny tin is dat d ladies re aware of deir fuvkin traditn bt dey wont tell d guy dey re dating..well;if u re buoyant enuf;carry on..#i wish u well#
Heyyyyyyyyy my gal is from abia o.
U just scare me with this ur post, abeg some1 should help check out hw it's been done in Bende local govt. Area of dat state.. Ya,,,, that's her L.G.A. Ntalaku or something is d villa.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2014
mifavour: what state are u from biko
i am from anambra.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by nikkyyoyo(f): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe: My bro i am happy to read something positive, since you say this is your first visit, depending on what part of igbo land you are marrying from , they will give you a list for knocking on the door( N'kwa aka N' Uzo) after that if the girl's dad is dead, they will give you list for that too called (things for Nana nwa Dead), it more like homage then after that you will get the comprehensive list that contains both that of the male and female. then until after you has fulfill everything on the list in cash or kind then you could fix a date for your traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu)
bros abeg no vex, which part of igbo are u frm? What do u mean by homege list for the dead father?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by nikkyyoyo(f): 10:22am On Aug 11, 2014
gerrardomendes: All u nid is a bag of kola.

Or u could go there with a bag of salt n bitter kola and tell them about ebola
you no well o
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2014
These foolish yoruba men just hate their own women with passion,. All they do is dream and masturbatee off Igbo women.. Yoruba women are now endangered species.. Nobody wants them..

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2014
nikkyyoyo: bros abeg no vex, which part of igbo are u frm? What do u mean by homege list for the dead father?
i am from anambra, due to that the dad of the lady i am about to marry is dead and he was an eze so they gave me a list as culture demands for the homage to the dad....
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:30am On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: These foolish yoruba men just hate their own women with passion,. All they do is dream and masturbatee off Igbo women.. Yoruba women are now endangered species.. Nobody wants them..
Bro please let don't bring tribal war here but help the guy that needs help with his introduction.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by positivec(f): 10:30am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=siobahn]

Fellow Alor peeps!!! grin When my sis was getting married, na just wine for introduction. For the list, My brother in law did not bring goat o! I think it depends on the parents. One carton of soap, 5 cartons of drinks, hollandis( or something), there was no gele and blouse, and there were no yams.
Infact i cringe when i hear people's experiences of a rather long unreasonable list given to them in other villages.
Am glad Alor people plenty for here. Nice knowing. Alor London for life.
What of first born who has plans to marry from another tribe. Please discuss. Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe:
Bro please let don't bring tribal war here but help the guy that needs help with his introduction.
My man i ain't bringing no tribal war here.. Its only the honest truth.. Everyweek you see these idiotts coming here to marry.. Don't they have women in their tribe no more?? This nonsense is getting annoying!!
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by nikkyyoyo(f): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2014
nestaolive: Since she is ibo, please go with the following items.
1. Money.
2.lots of money.
3.more money.
4. Bags of money.
5.some more money.
6.lots of bags of more money.
As long as you have these items, you might go home with the bride after the introduction.
yehyeh pikin like u, na so u take give ur sisters out abi?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2014
my broda its a very simple thing,i'm a yoruba guy married to an ibo girl from Imo, Akuma orlu LG precisely ,my wife informed their elder and got the necessary info for me and when I got there it was very easy,she gave me all the tips before I got there that its negotiable,they brought the lists and I negotiated,paid in cash even if the money isnt enough u can send it to the elder's acct.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: My man i ain't bringing no tribal war here.. Its only the honest truth.. Everyweek you see these idiotts coming here to marry.. Don't they have women in their tribe no more?? This nonsense is getting annoying!!
let us just die the whole thing and pretend that we didn't see them act
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by nikkyyoyo(f): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe: i am from anambra, due to that the dad of the lady i am about to marry is dead and he was an eze so they gave me a list as culture demands for the homage to the dad....
what about the girl, is she from anambra too and what part of anambra pls?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2014
adextaiwo84: my broda its a very simple thing,i'm a yoruba guy married to an ibo girl from Imo, Akuma orlu LG precisely ,my wife informed their elder and got the necessary info for me and when I got there it was very easy,she gave me all the tips before I got there that its negotiable,they brought the lists and I negotiated,paid in cash even if the money isnt enough u can send it to the elder's acct.

there are something you will need to buy and pay cash for the rest....
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 10:42am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe:
let us just die the whole thing and pretend that we didn't see them act
Easy for you to say??
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by obitobe: 10:43am On Aug 11, 2014
nikkyyoyo: what about the girl, is she from anambra too and what part of anambra pls?

the girl is from Imo State.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by LoveDecay(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: These foolish yoruba men just hate their own women with passion,. All they do is dream and masturbatee off Igbo women.. Yoruba women are now endangered species.. Nobody wants them..

I like Yoruba girls .... Very sexy, cool and beautiful .... If u know what to look for in women.

Ibo' girls are attractive but most 8/10 I have met are Yoruba or have Yoruba connexion ......

Stop dissing people, I know ur sad, Nigerian kids are inter-marrying. In a few years all this Muslim Christian Jews north west bull crap will history .

I am product of inter-marriage , and I support inter-marriage so that lowly classed and dysfunctional beings like you are not born. Saying Yoruba women are extinct , Kai naija don suffer cry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo OR Ibo? What You Should Know. / Ibrahim Chatta Umar Is Dead! Etsu Patigi Dies / Lekan Balogun Not Qualified To Be Olubadan - Michael Lana Writes Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.