Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland (27566 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Any One Knows Why twins Were Killed In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Why this thing made frontpage beats my imagination

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2014
LoveDecay:

I like Yoruba girls .... Very sexy, cool and beautiful .... If u know what to look for in women.

Ibo' girls are attractive but most 8/10 I have met are Yoruba or have Yoruba connexion ......
Excuse me sir, is you Yoruba?? undecided
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Tashamania: Why this thing made frontpage beats my imagination
My dear its simple,. Yoruba men are obsessed with Igbo women.. The owner of this site is Yoruba too.. That one is probably masturbatingg off an Igbo woman's dp right now...

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by LoveDecay(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: Excuse me sir, is you Yoruba?? undecided

Negative. Half SS, Half SE (mum is from Njikoka LGA) daughter of an Ichie if u must know . tongue

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: My dear its simple,. Yoruba men are obsessed with Igbo women.. The owner of this site is Yoruba too.. That one is probably masturbatingg off an Igbo woman's dp right now...
grinlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2014
LoveDecay:

Negative. Half SS, Half SE (mum is from Njikoka LGA) daughter of an Ichie if u must know . tongue
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by harryfish(f): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: pls i need advice on how to go for this my marriage introduction. My wife-to-be is an Ibo girl. i hav some questions which I'd Like my useful NLs to help me, because my parents are late and i don't really know who to ask this question and get an objective answer. 1. should i ask my girl to tell me what is needed 4 first introdution according 2 their tradition or jus go wit cash? 2. if i go with a friend is it ok or must i go with an elder at this 1st stage? pls i need sincere advice, b4 i make mistake
. Apologies 4 commenting late. Pls I ll ask what part of ibo is that? Then despite the part of ibo, just go with a friend or an uncle with a bottle of hot drink and maybe a gallon of palmwine if its an anambra girl. This is inform the parents or guardians of the girl that you are interested in marrying her. With the girl's consent you will be asked to come back for the list cos its not the parents that formulate list but the father will get from the kinsmen. Forget about the fear people are trying to instill in you cos its not always about money. I wish you success in this.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Many of your advisers are mixing things up. You are visiting her family first time to inform them you want their daughter. Guy, you don't need money on this first visit.

Go with an elderly man and one of your friends at most 3 persons. Go with kola and a bottle of wine or schnapps. When you get there, they will welcome you well. If you want to impress, you can give the girl's mother N3k wrapped in an envelope.

If you start spraying money now, i wonder what will happen during traditional wedding.. Gbam.

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe:
there are something you will need to buy and pay cash for the rest....

U are right, I. bought some things like crates of beer,malts,kola,schnapps, and palm wine. her dad is late so I was asked to buy a goat for the decease but I paid it in cash and other things in the lists.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by jamesbridget13(f): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2014
cultural diversity
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by nikkyyoyo(f): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2014
obitobe:
the girl is from Imo State.
you see! That's imo tradition, we anambrans don't do such atall.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by fairheven: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2014
quote author=siobahn]

Fellow Alor peeps!!! grin When my sis was getting married, na just wine for introduction. For the list, My brother in law did not bring goat o! I think it depends on the parents. One carton of soap, 5 cartons of drinks, hollandis( or something), there was no gele and blouse, and there were no yams.
Infact i cringe when i hear people's experiences of a rather long unreasonable list given to them in other villages.[/quote]

God bless u.this is the most impressive comment on this topic since 1904 cool,wen it comes to unreasonable demands an what not ,the immediate In-laws have a greater say as to how their daughter shud be married,E.g,if the community demands for 5bags of rice,your in-laws have the power to reduce it to 1.bag instead,any one wu disagrees can go an sell his or her own daughter.so liaise an aquint yourself with your in-laws. cool
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by zlatansomto(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2014
LoveDecay:

I like Yoruba girls .... Very sexy, cool and beautiful .... If u know what to look for in women.

Ibo' girls are attractive but most 8/10 I have met are Yoruba or have Yoruba connexion ......

Stop dissing people, I know ur sad, Nigerian kids are inter-marrying. In a few years all this Muslim Christian Jews north west bull crap will history .

I am product of inter-marriage , and I support inter-marriage so that lowly classed and dysfunctional beings like you are not born. Saying Yoruba women are extinct , Kai naija don suffer cry
Okay, you had to go back and re-edit your post!! I accorded you great respect and pay me back with disrespect!! Its all good! Peace •

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by babygifty(f): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2014
kr0ne:
You don't need advice to marry an Ibo girl as long as ur in love with her. All you need is money. Smh
cn i jst say dat u r wrong dia, cos whn it comes 2 issues of marriage, u dnt do everything in money, esp whn it concerns d old women in d vila.they expect u 2 give dem dia bags of rice instead of money
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Dunno abt bende sha;but i do knw at abriba;ohafia;item;ngwa;isuikwato;umuahia etc;the price is high..other cultures dont SELL their daughters like the IGBO smoking people. I think dat d high demand is one of the reasons why rituals, kidnapping, robbery, 419 etc are rampant in the SE. They all want to impress greedy inlaws..After huge bride price what next ? Starvation for the new couple.;
luvprince4real: Heyyyyyyyyy my gal is from abia o.
U just scare me with this ur post, abeg some1 should help check out hw it's been done in Bende local govt. Area of dat state.. Ya,,,, that's her L.G.A. Ntalaku or something is d villa.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by ElFenomeno1: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: pls i need advice on how to go for this my marriage introduction. My wife-to-be is an Ibo girl. i hav some questions which I'd Like my useful NLs to help me, because my parents are late and i don't really know who to ask this question and get an objective answer. 1. should i ask my girl to tell me what is needed 4 first introdution according 2 their tradition or jus go wit cash? 2. if i go with a friend is it ok or must i go with an elder at this 1st stage? pls i need sincere advice, b4 i make mistake

Go yourself... If you have a jeep and a lot of money, you are good to go!
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Elle780(f): 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
People hating igbo since 1800.
Yet they still marry dem every Saturday.

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by meforyou1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bros, for intro, u can just go with friends. For d rites, I advice u to pay cash. Because when they give u list and u buy everything, on that day, they will still either say u omitted somethings or they did and u will still pay cash. Even when u pay cash, that day they will increase it saying inflation this and that.
During mine, my thieving inlaws in ogbaru anambra state told me max 120k. On that day when they found out where I work, they increased it to 250k there and then.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Cherez: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
mifavour: it varies though... I'm from Alor in Anambra state...
When my hubby came for my introduction he came with his dad mum and about two uncles... With wines...dint ve to come with cash.. It wasnt needed then...
Then in the list was: one goat, one bag of salt, one carton of soap, a complete set of dress for the brides mum( gele, blouse entorica) then 5cartons of drinks(assorted) thats all..
Ntin like yam n d likes
Thanx my sister. Some ppl here know nothing about the Igbo culture but for d lies they here.
U don't need money for introductionooooooooo! u don't, just wine, maybe a Carlton, garden egg and kola, that's all.
ppl just put up lies. Yam n wrapper for introduction? I'm from Anambra n no village asks for that during intro

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by mifavour(f): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
siobahn:

Fellow Alor peeps!!! grin When my sis was getting married, na just wine for introduction. For the list, My brother in law did not bring goat o! I think it depends on the parents. One carton of soap, 5 cartons of drinks, hollandis( or something), there was no gele and blouse, and there were no yams.
Infact i cringe when i hear people's experiences of a rather long unreasonable list given to them in other villages.

the goat stuff depemds on d kindred cos its theirs
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Onyinyechi1008: 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=tsolz84]Better flee dude..Abians are the worse!!esp if d gal is an ada(eldest daughter);wise up dude;else u re gona get bankrupt all in d name of getting married 2d luv of ur lyf..d funny tin is dat d ladies re aware of deir fuvkin traditn bt dey wont tell d guy dey re dating..well;if u re buoyant enuf;carry on..#i wish u well#[/quote)

Quite been a child and grow up.. You are just been bitter. That you encountered that doesnt mean that that is the way things are. Get a life and quit living in the past. Op congrats, you have nothing to fear. Let no low life decieve or discourage you with rumours and insinuations. Go get your girl...

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Imoy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
tsolz84: Better flee dude..Abians are the worse!!esp if d gal is an ada(eldest daughter);wise up dude;else u re gona get bankrupt all in d name of getting married 2d luv of ur lyf..d funny tin is dat d ladies re aware of deir fuvkin traditn bt dey wont tell d guy dey re dating..well;if u re buoyant enuf;carry on..#i wish u well#

*picks my fone and send her (my gf) a text msge. "Its over between us"*

But seriously this culture of a tin need to be abolished.
How will the couple survive if the supposed husband to be spend his life savings only on traditional wedding?

I no marry again.

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by sammykaka: 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
ok
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by sharperino(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
harryfish: . Apologies 4 commenting late. Pls I ll ask what part of ibo is that? Then despite the part of ibo, just go with a friend or an uncle with a bottle of hot drink and maybe a gallon of palmwine if its an anambra girl. This is inform the parents or guardians of the girl that you are interested in marrying her. With the girl's consent you will be asked to come back for the list cos its not the parents that formulate list but the father will get from the kinsmen. Forget about the fear people are trying to instill in you cos its not always about money. I wish you success in this.

Yes, this sums it all.
1, 2 or maybe 3 uncles/elders(maybe 1 woman) to represent your Father/guardian( and mother) would do.
A bottle of good hot Drink.
A little cash to push the drink on the table.

That's all the basic you need.

And you can also get the list from them same day based on prior information.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Humour me more Igbo;like I care about the opinion of never do well wankster overdose on amphetamine from infancy..i av dropped mine;take it or leave it..but d nxt time u quote me;u wont believe wat will hit u..[quote author=Onyinyechi1008][/quote]
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by tareigns(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: Okay, you had to go back and re-edit your post!! I accorded you great respect and pay me back with disrespect!! Its all good! Peace •
hahaha...so e pain you....mumu

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
'STUP:ID QUESTION!'. Why didn't you consider some-girl from your own ethnic group. Inter-breeding is siN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by danexcel(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
zlatansomto: These foolish yoruba men just hate their own women with passion,. All they do is dream and masturbatee off Igbo women.. Yoruba women are now endangered species.. Nobody wants them..

WHAT HAS YORUBA MEN GOT TO DO WITH THIS NOW? IS IT ONLY YORUBA MEN THAT ARE MARRYING IGBO LADIES? I KNOW MANY IGBO MEN THAT GOT MARRIED TO YORUBA LADIES. WHY ARE YOU SO MYOPIC AND TRIBALISTIC? STOP MAKING COMMENTING LIKE AN ILLITERATE. IT TAKES A BIG FOOL TO RECOGNISE A FOOL.

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Onyinyechi1008][/quote]What nonsense!!!! (Blasphemy)
Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good wives are good wives irrespective of their tribe or ethnicity.. Slavery days are over, welcome to civil rights age..I am a man of means by all measuring scale, and I will not pay a dime to get married to anyone. Love is not about money or dowry u pay. It's nothing but extortion. ,Imagine paying all those things demanded by the family then you take the said wife home and she's not up to your expectations... If she'd insisted on the no sex untill after wedding, after the wedding you enter her and discover that she's too wide and it can also accomodate your two stones together with your d*ck!! grin but dnt be dscouraged bro...who knows?u might be lucky..
Imoy:

*picks my fone and send her (my gf) a text msge. "Its over between us"*

But seriously this culture of a tin need to be abolished.
How will the couple survive if the supposed husband to be spend his life savings only on traditional wedding?

I no marry again.

Re: Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland by d33jy85: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
No mind Ndi ofe mmanu. U want goodthing but. U no wan pay abeg make every1find der own level. Na by force to marry igbo gals? Igbo gals are d sexiest. In 9ja d bride price of a thing is jus to gauge d mans pocket so u won't go an carry our queens to go an suffer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Interesting Facts About The Alaafin Of Oyo / Describe Your Country In One Word? / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.