Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF (8339 Views)

Enyeama Pictured With NFF Leaders After A Closed Door Meeting In Belgium (photo) / Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / Keshi Denies Rift With Mikel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigeria Football Federation’s claims that it has reached a contract agreement with coach Stephen Keshi may be an ‘executive lie’ as the former Super Eagles captain denied ever holding any contract talks with the country’s football ruling house.

Media reports quoting executive committee member, Emeka Inyama had stated that Keshi will resume this week to kick start preparations for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers starting on September 7 against Rwanda. South Africa and Sudan are next in line matches that will be prosecuted.

But Keshi who led the Eagles to a second round finish at the Brazil 2014 World Cup told sports radio Brilafm that it was not true that he was resuming within the week as been speculated.
“I got an e-mail asking me if i’d like to continue and indicate if i want. My response was affirmative, but events have overtaken that.” Keshi revealed.

” However we did not negotiate, there was no terms reached so how can anyone come to say they want to announce me as Nigeria’s Coach? We did not discuss anything,” Keshi said in an angry tone.

The 2013 African Cup of Nations winner had a frosty relationship with the NFF as he voiced out his frustrations recently. They include late payment of his salary, sacking of his assistant Sylvanus Okpala and paying one of his assistant from his own pocket.

During the world cup Keshi had said that the NFF must have to respect the terms of his contract agreement. Keshi had also demanded for a rise in pay otherwise he would take a walk.
He was linked to the Bafana Bafana of South Africa job, but as it turned out he wasn’t even considered by the South African Football Federation, which shorted listed Carlos Queiroz and Ephriam ‘ Shakes’ Maseheba.

Speaking on the development, former Super Eagles fast winger, Tijani Babangida said it was out of place for the NFF to come out and annouce a deal when there was no contract talks.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/rubbish-contract-talks-nff-yet-keshi-explodes/

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
I said it on this thread "Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria that until keshi holds a press confrence concerning the Offer, I will not believe the news.

Now keshi has come out to say it cheesycheesy . I knew the news was a total lie angry

@ safarigirl, Next time when I am talking, Always agree with me grin

wait oh. All these NFF magomago might cause us a place in Afcon 2015 oh

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by safarigirl(f): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
blueto: I said it on this thread "Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria that until keshi holds a press confrence concerning the Offer, I will not believe the news.

Now keshi has come out to say it cheesycheesy . I knew the news was a total lie angry

@ safarigirl, Next time when I am talking, Always agree with me grin

wait oh. All these NFF magomago might cause us a place in Afcon 2015 oh
bros chill....you no talk anything like that grin

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
safarigirl: bros chill....you no talk anything like that grin
ah! ah!! aah!!! . Safari, Naso u dey Lie? shockedshockedshocked .

ok. E be like say you don 4get. Oya go check the topic naw, u go see am for there gringrintongue

Okay, let me quote it for you

safarigirl: I wholly endorse this move. We have an AFCON qualifier set for next month and no ready coach (no one can re-structure a team in a month). Keshi is the best for now.

In a couple of years, Garba should be ripe for the job and Keshi retired. That's the continuity we seek

#TeamNoOyiboCoaches

wait o. Keshi and Garba, who is older?

Who should retire first?

until keshi or NFF holds a press confrence concerning this "Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria" issue, I may not believe!

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
booking
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by 4reigningqueen: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
lobatan!
A country of jokers.
Oh Lord! How did i get here?
***sobbing***

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by wikiman(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
the INFORMATION sumersault in NIGERIA MEDIA IS TOO disgraceful

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by AKMoney1(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
So NFF dey lie? shocked

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by safarigirl(f): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
blueto: ah! ah!! aah!!! . Safari, Naso u dey Lie? shockedshockedshocked .

ok. E be like say you don 4get. Oya go check the topic naw, u go see am for there gringrintongue

Okay, let me quote it for you

okay, but I didn't say anything on the truth of the matter.

Besides, we're not even sure of this news
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Youngzedd(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Observing

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Youngzedd(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
safarigirl: bros chill....you no talk anything like that grin

grin grin grin
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by vandersave: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Magomago is a Magomago federation. Bunch of robbers.
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Elijah348(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
ook..

I just wanted to comment, dont rilli have anything to say...cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
wikiman: the INFORMATION sumersault in NIGERIA MEDIA IS TOO disgraceful
Exactly
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Youngzedd:

grin grin grin
Dont be carried away. I really said it angry
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
AKMoney1: So NFF dey lie? shocked
Its either NFF or the Media
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Danhumprey: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
undecided

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
safarigirl: okay, but I didn't say anything on the truth of the matter.

Besides, we're not even sure of this news
wow. Until keshi comes to your house to tell you, that is when you will be sure abi?
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by valmunich(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
I like this movie

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nobody cares anymore . They're more important issues in Nigeria. sad
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by oladam23(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
na him sabi.......
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by Alexgeneration(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
We've heard
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by uken73(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Really?

Why is there so much misinformation in this country?
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by sylve11: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
e don reach like dis? cool
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by shadrach77: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Did i not say it? Keshi is a Fiat Punto behaving like a Range Rover. I said the reason he now wants the Eagles job is because he has been shunned by South Africa. This story confirms it. This second rate coach should not be allowed the luxury of dictating his own terms to NFF. He is now begging stylishly. If he can't accept the initial contract offered to him by NFF, he should be allowed to take a walk angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by englishmart(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
You expected him to agree
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by paul288yahoo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
the dawn is near
Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by naijaobi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
any news from vanguard is useless. I dnt blv this crap.
The fact remains that come this week, keshi will sign a new contract,

1 Like

Re: Keshi Denies Holding Contract Talks With NFF by okotv(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
should i weep for this country or what

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores And Provides An Assist As Barcelone Beat Sevilla 4-0 / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians / FIBA Afrobasket: D’Tigers Release Final 12-Man List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.