Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help (3600 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by presidentpikin: 4:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Good Morning peeps!!! pls i need an advice on my engine... i was having a problem with my engine from shortage of oil to white smoke and mech checked and told me my cylinder is bad,the valve seal is damaged and the block is damged as well and need to ring the piston totalling N45,000 and promised me good engine that will last for another 2 years. I need a professional advice as in the cost of tokunbo 1MZ-FE engine and factors on how can i get a good one? help a fellow.Toyota avalon 1999
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 11, 2014
what is it with your cryptic description....tho I suspect you are talking bout a toyota...
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by autofixng: 6:44am On Aug 11, 2014
I think you need to visit the market for the price survey.
But why promise you that he can get you an engine that will last for just 2 years?
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
presidentpikin: Good Morning peeps!!! pls i need an advice on my engine... i was having a problem with my engine from shortage of oil to white smoke and mech checked and told me my cylinder is bad,the valve seal is damaged and the block is damged as well and need to ring the piston totalling N45,000 and promised me good engine that will last for another 2 years. I need a professional advice as in the cost of tokunbo 1MZ-FE engine and factors on how can i get a good one? help a fellow.Toyota avalon 1999

Start shopping for between 150-250k for toks engine .
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Go to one of the ware house in ladipo with "a different mechanic" price of a 1mz for avalon is between 65-75k. It was 65k last year, I don't think the price has changed much
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Go to one of the ware house in ladipo with "a different mechanic" price of a 1mz for avalon is between 65-75k. It was 65k last year, I don't think the price has changed much
Dat means Zuba spareparts guys dey wound us for Abuja na. The price I quoted was from a source I priced in Zuba. Nna na wa o!
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:
Dat means Zuba spareparts guys dey wound us for Abuja na. The price I quoted was from a source I priced in Zuba. Nna na wa o!

When it comes to engine replacement, I think Lagos is the best place to shop. No compromise. You will get the best prices in Lagos with warranty. Getting it elsewhere will be a huge risk considering the role an engine plays in your vehicle. I had to get a replacement for my engine after it failed due to a spurious mechanical error. I took to advice from the experts here, Siena and Gazzuzz
( God bless those guys, they are brilliant engineers). I bought the 2AZ engine at Ladipo for 160k. After installation, the new engine was even quieter than the one that came with the car.

I don't think a 1MZ will cost as much as 150k. If you need the parts dealer no I can oblige you. Don't source your replacement engine from anywhere else apart from Lagos! Not because of price alone but Quality.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by presidentpikin: 8:48am On Aug 11, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Go to one of the ware house in ladipo with "a different mechanic" price of a 1mz for avalon is between 65-75k. It was 65k last year, I don't think the price has changed much
Thank you Sir... Please I want to confirm if I can upgrade my engine replacement from 1MZFE to 1MZFE VVT-i which has better handle than the former?
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by presidentpikin: 9:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

When it comes to engine replacement, I think Lagos is the best place to shop. No compromise. You will get the best prices in Lagos with warranty. Getting it elsewhere will be a huge risk considering the role an engine plays in your vehicle. I had to get a replacement for my engine after it failed due to a spurious mechanical error. I took to advice from the experts here, Siena and Gazzuzz
( God bless those guys, they are brilliant engineers). I bought the 2AZ engine at Ladipo for 160k. After installation, the new engine was even quieter than the one that came with the car.

I don't think a 1MZ will cost as much as 150k. If you need the parts dealer no I can oblige you. Don't source your replacement engine from anywhere else apart from Lagos! Not because of price alone but Quality.
Thank you Sir pls you can send me tthe number
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:
Zuba is a parts desert...compared to Lagos ....Gudu was preferable for me.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2014
smartchoice:
Zuba is a parts desert...compared to Lagos ....Gudu was preferable for me.
I think Gudu is before Apo mechanic village. So you've been 'trotting' from one town/state to another too?
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:
I think Gudu is before Apo mechanic village. So you've been 'trotting' from one town/state to another too?
cheesy the last I heard of you thought you said you were in Ibadan....so....
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by uboma(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:

Prices of spare parts at Zuba are too expensive when compared to Lagos.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
smartchoice:
cheesy the last I heard of you thought you said you were in Ibadan....so....

Reasons I go to Ibadan is because of the Amala, ewedu, gbegiri ati ogunfe delicacy which I enjoy there and also good quality building materials are cheaply abound there as is the case in Lagos and Benin. (I am running a private building construction firm which I intend to register someday) grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2014
uboma:

Prices of spare parts at Zuba are too expensive when compared to Lagos.
If not for price of new engine and freight cost, handling and time of delivery and status of delivered goods (whether they will be mishandled or even get missing in transit), I'd prefer to advise anyone to shop for brand new engine, tranny and other parts online and ship them in. But logistic and expenses might be crazy.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:
If not for price of new engine and freight cost, handling and time of delivery and status of delivered goods (whether they will be mishandled or even get missing in transit), I'd prefer to advise anyone to shop for brand new engine, tranny and other parts online and ship them in. But logistic and expenses might be crazy.

Post sites and let's give it a trial.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2014
presidentpikin: Thank you Sir pls you can send me tthe number

0803 360 6425 - Desmond.

Your 1MZ engine is 80k. The VVT-i is 140k but if your car did not come with VVT-i I will not advise you change it to VVT-i since the car ECU has been programmed to work with the ordinary 1MZ, it's like saying you want to convert your car from a 4-cylinder to a V6.
My view though, till we hear from the experts.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by uboma(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:

Yeah, i agree.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

You bought a 2AZ@160k wow last one I got in jos was 2weeks ago @ 220k I think we should make a thread on current engine prices and contacts when it comes to engine and transsmission replacement, so people don't get ripped off so easily.

Mean while your thread is not updated on your new engine keep us updated.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 11, 2014
smartchoice:

Post sites and let's give it a trial.

Search on Ebay.com, amazon.com, lexus.sewellparts.com etc
Do a search on their search bar and select your required part.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:

The price of a brand new engine too is crazy abroad. When I checked online for the price of a brand new 2AZ, it was averaged between $5,500 - $6500(Excluding Freight and Customs). Now that is the price of some American used vehicles!
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2014
presidentpikin: Thank you Sir... Please I want to confirm if I can upgrade my engine replacement from 1MZFE to 1MZFE VVT-i which has better handle than the former?

Not gonna happen. Your ecm has no support for vvti, no harness for it either.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by shegzee43: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2014
please house, what will it cost get a full Honda Accord- bulldog engine?
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

The price of a brand new engine too is crazy abroad. When I checked online for the price of a brand new 2AZ, it was averaged between $5,500 - $6500(Excluding Freight and Customs). Now that is the price of some American used vehicles!

True, but one can check for certified used engines from accident cars online and its more cheaper, they have their mileage posted (as is the case with ebay listings) plus they are given warranty which I feel is better than the ones sold here which are like unknown.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2014
OP, smartchoice, GAZZUZZ, Uboma, et al following the steps this thread is heading, do you suggest we rename this thread accordingly or we go create a new thread so that we don't derail his thread? I'm asking your opinion with greater attention to the OP's attention.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 10:30am On Aug 11, 2014
shegzee43: please house, what will it cost get a full Honda Accord- bulldog engine?

Call that number I just put up. He has all your answers concerning engine and trannys.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by shegzee43: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

Call that number I just put up. He has all your answers concerning engine and trannys.

I didn't see any number o
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike:

True, but one can check for certified used engines from accident cars online and its more cheaper, they have their mileage posted (as is the case with ebay listings) plus they are given warranty which I feel is better than the ones sold here which are like unknown.

Usually there is a VIN plate on both engine and transmission of every vehicle. This plate is rivetted to the engine and transmission with the vehicle VIN neatly engraved on it. But trust our igbo brothers, they are so careful to ensure removal of that VIN plate before selling to you all in a bid to eliminate any possible chance of tracing the engine history.

I guess the reason the VIN is being typed on a separate plate before attaching to the engine and tranny is because both the engine and transmission are manufactured separately in bulks and later loaded onto the vehicles and it is after the engine has been mounted onto a particular vehicle that it gets the VIN of that vehicle.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by uboma(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2014
lomomike: OP, smartchoice, GAZZUZZ, Uboma, et al following the steps this thread is heading, do you suggest we rename this thread accordingly or we go create a new thread so that we don't derail his thread? I'm asking your opinion with greater attention to the OP's attention.

Yes please, lets create another thread so we don't derail this one.
Re: Urgent Help About My Engine...please Help by Bossmd: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2014
uboma:

Yes please, lets create another thread so we don't derail this one.

The thread is not been derailed....I think along the line we have sorted the Op's issues. Any other useful tips can be chipped in, the op can also pick some useful tips from these discussions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! / BEST ATF For Camry 98/99 Tinylight / My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.