Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (8768 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can One Give An Under-weight Picky Eater Toddler? / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Jazzman Needed--am Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

This guy is obviously using you . . . and it will only get worse if your commit yourself to him.

A friend of mine recently had a nasty encounter with a guy like him. Like your guy, his story never added up. He would say he's travelling to the US and keeps calling her with his Nigerian number . . yet when you ask him questions about roaming he draws a total blank!!! He claims he has a job, yet he's ALWAYS idle . . . never busy. Always wanting to chat e.t.c Snapping with different cars everyday and claiming they are his.

After months of online/phone-call dating, he insisted she pays him a visit. I told her to think about it . . . someone you only met once, he wants to marry you and yet can't take the time to come pay you a visit? Didn't even bother to send her any transport, claiming he'll refund her on arrival.

At a point my firnd thought I was trying to 'block her happiness' . . . I didn't want her to enjoy marital life with me embarassed embarassed

So I let her go . . . .

In the end, the man picked her from the park, took her to 'his house' . . (a place I bet he borrowed from his friends) . . . they has s3x all night long and in the morning he told her he had to go out of town for one night for a 'work emergency'. Since she had a relative in Lagos, he begged her to go stay with them for one night so she can return to his apartment when he gets back.

He took her in 'his car' and dropped her off at her cousin's place and that was the last time she saw him.

He switched off his phones for ONE WEEK!!!

My friend had no choice but to return to her base . . . Her T/fare wasted, s3x all night for free and to top it all, the shame!!!

All these could have been avoided if she read the hand writing on the wall and trusted her instincts . . . .

Hahahahahaaa, snapping with different cars, na the first sign be that. Chai @ Se-x all night, Are you sure no be Abuja the guy dey as na their stock in trade be that, she should count herself lucky he didnt steal from her or ride her on till she lent him money for "business" or container" na their story be that.

Someone married one, even with the clear writings on the wall, according to her at least she will have a husband. We drew her attention to obvious things like his very in-corresponding stories she said she will "start life with him". We said start life with someone yes, but start a life based on the truth not falsehood she blanked us.
He had no certificate obviously but he would lie like hell, that he was schooling abroad and was deported. How can you be deported when you are in school? How would any school give admission to an illegal without documentation? Did you commit a crime? He will say no, he was set up by a white girl who wanted him to sleep with her but he refused. Okay, what is the name of the school so they can check the website and his student information or make inquiries as per transcript and all Blank face.

Okay with his no certificate, he said he was into business, what business? " I am into everything", first she gave him N1.5Million to support the business after 6 months the "investment" needed more money, he would drop her at work and go and hang out all day.

When she began to ask so many questions because then it had become clear to her that what we were saying was true he dropped her at the airport one day, went home, cleared EVERYTHING left only the sofa but took the side chairs, told neighbors they had bought a house, cleared all her jewelry, even her clothes. Since 2013 march till date, we never see this guy.
Se found out that even the people he said were his parents were hired.

Ladies, let us calm down, and carefully examine things before we jump into fire trying to marry by force

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu:
Thank you so much! I would block him asap.
Please do that. He is a sycopath. Calling 80missed calls. Na wao
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2014
bellong:

Your friend deserves a "first order mugun" award.... grin grin.

That was a clean emotional and body fraud....

I hope she is married now?

Come to Abuja and see many sisters falling mega mugu, her friends own better self. Most of them would have lost millions before opening their eyes to the truth
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:
e

When greed meets desperation, this is always the result.

Na so husband scarce reach?

I once tried to date a girl who refused to take me to her house. She was always giving a meeting point.

I told her, at my age, I am told for meeting "ladies behind a car". I left her without looking back.

To start a relationship, you must know the official residence of your potential spouse including that of his/her parents. You never can tell, he/she may be a ghost grin grin

I pity a lot of singles who for emotions sake, forget basic questions to ask and investigate. I still love the investigating techniques of our forefathers in this matter. Though, knowledge may abound now but they were wiser in their generation compared to this age as per marital scrutiny. They do investigate family background, culture, fidelity etc but our age is all about, I love him/her, he is cute and fun to be with bla bla bla... No substance.

May God help all singles who are willing to do it right.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Hahahahahaaa, snapping with different cars, na the first sign be that. Chai @ Se-x all night, Are you sure no be Abuja the guy dey as na their stock in trade be that, she should count herself lucky he didnt steal from her or ride her on till she lent him money for "business" or container" na their story be that.

Someone married one, even with the clear writings on the wall, according to her at least she will have a husband. We drew her attention to obvious things like his very in-corresponding stories she said she will "start life with him". We said start life with someone yes, but start a life based on the truth not falsehood she blanked us.
He had no certificate obviously but he would lie like hell, that he was schooling abroad and was deported. How can you be deported when you are in school? How would any school give admission to an illegal without documentation? Did you commit a crime? He will say no, he was set up by a white girl who wanted him to sleep with her but he refused. Okay, what is the name of the school so they can check the website and his student information or make inquiries as per transcript and all Blank face.

Okay with his no certificate, he said he was into business, what business? " I am into everything", first she gave him N1.5Million to support the business after 6 months the "investment" needed more money, he would drop her at work and go and hang out all day.

When she began to ask so many questions because then it had become clear to her that what we were saying was true he dropped her at the airport one day, went home, cleared EVERYTHING left only the sofa but took the side chairs, told neighbors they had bought a house, cleared all her jewelry, even her clothes. Since 2013 march till date, we never see this guy.

Ladies, let us calm down, and carefully examine things before we jump into fire trying to marry by force

shocked shocked shocked

OMG!!! This one is a loong con. embarassed embarassed

Some men can be heartless sha . . . sad
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2014
bellong:
When greed meets desperation, this is always the result.
Na so husband scarce reach?
I once tried to date a girl who refused to take me to her house. She was always giving a meeting point.
I told her, at my age, I am told for meeting "ladies behind a car". I left her without looking back.
To start a relationship, you must know the official residence of your potential spouse including that of his/her parents. You never can tell, he/she may be a ghost grin grin
I pity a lot of singles who for emotions sake, forget basic questions to ask and investigate. I still love the investigating techniques of our forefathers in this matter. Though, knowledge may abound now but they were wiser in their generation compared to this age as per marital scrutiny. They do investigate family background, culture, fidelity etc but our age is all about, I love him/her, he is cute and fun to be with bla bla bla... No substance.
May God help all singles who are willing to do it right.

Husband no scarce, oh, but these days as soon as a lady starts getting to 25- 26, they begin to feed her with fear "Hurry and grab any man in sight oh, dont be "picky" thats how Anty So and So became an old maid oh" And so the girls themselves begin to panic shouting " I am not getting any younger" the working ones would not mind picking one and paying for everything just to answer Mrs. As they approach 28- 29 the panic gets worse, and while jumping around obviously desperate they may even miss out the good men who may not understand their fear and panic.
When I turned 28, friends began to panic on my behalf, when I broke up a relationship that was obviously very bad (With serious suspicion of the guy swinging both ways) they told me to " Ignore, pray for him and manage" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. I thank God for my family, we never knew how to panic that helped me stay calm.

Its like an epidemic, see how they will be working hard to trap an obviously un-serious man with pregnancy not minding he would make a bad spouse

8 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2014
bellong:

Your friend deserves a "first order mugun" award.... grin grin.

That was a clean emotional and body fraud....

I hope she is married now?

Not yet, this only happened this year and she's not even dating again yet. sad

I know she'll get over it and learn . . .
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by prologue: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2014
our pipo for Delta yan say, soup wen u nor wan chop, no let d oil stain u. except my head d play rumba dub, I don read enter sister, dad... and u no want.
wetin carry bicycle go join queue for petrol station?
u are fascinated by the game. but u are d game been made game of. the lion would always love d sheep. one way or d other, lion go chop. just identify who be lion n who be sheep.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Husband no scarce, oh, but these days as soon as a lady starts getting to 25- 26, they begin to feed her with fear "Hurry and grab any man in sight oh, dont be "picky" thats how Anty So and So became an old maid oh" And so the girls themselves begin to panic shouting " I am not getting any younger" the working ones would not mind picking one and paying for everything just to answer Mrs. As they approach 28- 29 the panic gets worse, and while jumping around obviously desperate they may even miss out the good men who may not understand their fear and panic.
When I turned 28, friends began to panic on my behalf, when I broke up a relationship that was obviously very bad (With serious suspicion of the guy swinging both ways) they told me to " Ignore, pray for him and manage" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. I thank God for my family, we never knew how to panic that helped me stay calm.

Its like an epidemic, see how they will be working hard to trap an obviously un-serious man with pregnancy not minding he would make a bad spouse

You are lucky to have such a family . . . I think it helps.

Some people have their parents forcing them into unwanted marriages . . . comparing them with their peers who are married. It's easier to take it from outsiders than from your own mother.

The pressure on marriage is just too much on young women. @ 20/21 most of my friends were already married. I wasn't bothered because I didn't face such pressure from home.

Many women just want to be called 'Mrs' . . . even if it's for one day!!!

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybee3(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Phew

hard knock life

ladies shine your eyes

So many vultures out there

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

Ahap, Infact the latest one they do now is that they tell you they want to marry you, then after collecting and collecting money from you, doing introduction and all, they say lets go for test, they will then come and claim they are HIv positive or wait for your genotype and claim they are AS if you are AS too.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Ahap, Infact the latest one they do now is that they tell you they want to marry you, then after collecting and collecting money from you, doing introduction and all, they say lets go for test, they will then come and claim they are HIv positive or wait for your genotype and claim they are AS if you are AS too.
really? Okay no problem, I will just tell the guy that all what he wish himself( claiming HIV)is a big AMEN to me.
Shebi he want HIv , God go give Ebola join self, what rubbish?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by UjSizzle(f): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
This story is quite funny, I'm sorry grin

OP you know you've got a man with problems on your hand, and you're asking permission to do the needful....seriously?
Please you are not overreacting; you have actually been very patient with this fellow. For your sanity and happiness please end this relationship or whatever you have going. You can't even be successful 'friends' with this person! End it, block his number and enjoy your peace.
To marry no be by force abeg.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Arsenate(m): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
exaggerations. I'm sure you've already made up your mind to dump the dude hence the usual "give a dog a bad name so you could have a reason to kill it". no one can be that bad.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

Ha ha ha... I wish her well. No matter the seriousness of a relationship, ladies should learn how and when to close their legs.
If you lose money, you have lost nothing but when dignity/pride is lost, everything is lost.

She opened her legs the first time of meeting a guy, pathetic. Please, help her with a lock and key for her down below.... cheesy

@Aisha2,

One of the problems of people is we give in easily to stupid and crazy opinions of others.

No one should compromise some fundamental principles and standards no matter the urgency to be married.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Chei . . . wishing HIV on oneself just to make money.

And they say women are the gold-diggers. undecided
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by snazzylove: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Na wao! All in d name of marriage. Sister pls borrow enough leg and bail urself out of dat enstrangement. This is no relationship. If u venture into this in d name of marriage then ur surname will sooner than later be 'SORRY'.

Before I got married, I had a guy introduced to me by my aunty as a prospective spouse. We got talking on phone, then he decided to pay me a visit. Just because my aunty told him am a banker, he had high expectations, maybe he even thot I was the bank manager. The day he came to my house, my simple one bedroom apartment with light furnishing, no chair just my centre rug and puff, I saw d disapointment written all over his face, lol grin, I offered him to join me on the rug as a seat, he said he doesn't sit on the floor, ok. I went out to get a plastic chair for him from my neighbour which he managed to sit on grin. Our conversation was scanty as I noticed how busy he was perusing my apartment. For my mind, I say see gold digger oo. I didn't need a prophet to tell me that this one is not it oo.

When he left he promised to keep in touch, as if our minds were working together, he never called me again till date and me I thanked my God that he never called again.

In essence dear, u have all the signs to show u that this cannot work except you want to turn a blind eyes to it.

Do the needful and save yourself from the time bomb!

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hahaha, snazzylove you self.... Big girl banker why you break brother gold digger heart. Lmao at he doesn't sit on the floor, fake popular everywhere hahahahahaaa I half die

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
bellong:

Ha ha ha... I wish her well. No matter the seriousness of a relationship, ladies should learn how and when to close their legs.
If you lose money, you have lost nothing but when dignity/pride is lost, everything is lost.

She opened her legs the first time of meeting a guy, pathetic. Please, help her with a lock and key for her down below.... cheesy

@Aisha2,

One of the problems of people is we give in easily to stupid and crazy opinions of others.

No one should compromise some fundamental principles and standards no matter the urgency to be married.

That's all oh, anyone who wants to carry matter on their head should feel free na their head go taya
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by tbaba1234: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
RRUNNNN!!!

80 missed calls

RUNNNN!!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Amhappy(f): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
@OP Forget that man if you value your piece of mind
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Godmystrength: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
snazzylove: , I offered him to join me on the rug as a seat, he said he doesn't sit on the floor, ok. I went out to get a plastic chair for him from my neighbour which he managed to sit on grin grin.
You should have left him standing. grin grin grin if he doesn't sit on the floor at least he can stand on HIS own feet. If na woman try this now, she go hear am....

@OP-what kind of jobless man would call someone 80times a day. That is like him calling you every 18mins assuming you guys didn't sleep all through the 24hrs. Na wa o. That's like a month working days worth of call.

If you marry this one, na deep shit o. I guess he will even be calling you in your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Godmystrength: You should have left him standing. grin grin grin if he doesn't sit on the floor at least he can stand on HIS own feet. If na woman try this now, she go hear am....

Hahahahahaaa she really try
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
The stories on this thread are hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mind my manners OP most people have said what I would have said..80 calls is def obsessive behaviour. Me I even get irritated when people call me 3 times continously (except in cases of life and death) after the 2nd call send or leave a message mate I am busy I will get back to you. Hubby still sent me a message today " you do know mobile phones means phone you carry about" grin

If me sef share my business man 'big boy'(I hate that word with a passion) femi otedola and Dangote are my buddies stories laughter go scatter here. cheesy cheesy This one even had wealthy relatives parents Ok and successful siblings (names very popular on the lagos social and corporate scene) but na God save me make I no enter one chance.I have always hated people with a sense of entitlement so there was only so much" if only my BIL had written that note' I could take or 'I don't know why they cant sell that house and give me the money to invest in my business'.I thought femi otedola was your buddy why do you need your BIL's note? When the lil money you have is to be forming big boy all over VI/Lekki angry .

He would say "If not that I love you know I hate crossing the 3rd mainland bridge to the mainland" angry Someone who used all his money to get a place in Lekki cos he can't stand the mainland and kept inferring that I should be happy that he was upgrading me from mainland things cheesy

His family really liked me but thank God I did not fall for all that "wifey' nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by snazzylove: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Godmystrenght and Aisha2.

No be small tin oo. I really try. I dey do better person nah. Wife to-be wey dem come assess. grin Mtcheewwww!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
snazzylove: @Godmystrenght and Aisha2.
No be small tin oo. I really try. I dey do better person nah. Wife to-be wey dem come assess. grin Mtcheewwww!

Infact you are 60 yards of "Wife material"

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Tvegas(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:
He claims he has a job, yet he's ALWAYS idle . . . never busy. Always wanting to chat e.t.c Snapping with different cars everyday and claiming they are his.

Ladies listen up, Guys who are busy and well loaded dont have the time to snap with different cars talkless of chatting all day. Its the broke ass niggas who have a poor self esteem and nothing upstairs that try to polish their image by flaunting cars, wristwatches etc. BE WARNED

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Godmystrength: 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Infact you are 60 yards of "Wife material"
shey na ankara abi teru?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

This guy is obviously using you . . . and it will only get worse if your commit yourself to him.

A friend of mine recently had a nasty encounter with a guy like him. Like your guy, his story never added up. He would say he's travelling to the US and keeps calling her with his Nigerian number . . yet when you ask him questions about roaming he draws a total blank!!! He claims he has a job, yet he's ALWAYS idle . . . never busy. Always wanting to chat e.t.c Snapping with different cars everyday and claiming they are his.

After months of online/phone-call dating, he insisted she pays him a visit. I told her to think about it . . . someone you only met once, he wants to marry you and yet can't take the time to come pay you a visit? Didn't even bother to send her any transport, claiming he'll refund her on arrival.

At a point my firnd thought I was trying to 'block her happiness' . . . I didn't want her to enjoy marital life with me embarassed embarassed

So I let her go . . . .

In the end, the man picked her from the park, took her to 'his house' . . (a place I bet he borrowed from his friends) . . . they has s3x all night long and in the morning he told her he had to go out of town for one night for a 'work emergency'. Since she had a relative in Lagos, he begged her to go stay with them for one night so she can return to his apartment when he gets back.

He took her in 'his car' and dropped her off at her cousin's place and that was the last time she saw him.

He switched off his phones for ONE WEEK!!!

My friend had no choice but to return to her base . . . Her T/fare wasted, s3x all night for free and to top it all, the shame!!!

All these could have been avoided if she read the hand writing on the wall and trusted her instincts . . . .

This is the kind of story I shout.
OPOKO cheesy

Singing
* ose, osetiana... *who sing this song sef. P square or phyno.
The punana don hear am.

grin grin
My Naija brothers never disappoint.

Story of the yr

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Oh boi ! Someone pls hold me.

Eh. I sure say na those born again ones whey dey sleep for church everyday this thing happen to.
Those ones dey fall some kin mugu sha, no offense .

Oh boi.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tvegas:

Ladies listen up, Guys who are busy and well loaded dont have the time to snap with different cars talkless of chatting all day. Its the broke ass niggas who have a poor self esteem and nothing upstairs that try to polish their image by flaunting cars, wristwatches etc. BE WARNED
well you are right.
Some weeks ago I was chating with a guy on nairaland and all he kept saying was he sell cars of all kind, that he import cars , he only come to lagos when any of his goods arrive lagos ,he has that he has this.
Hmmm! After he had finished all his life taking I then ask , what will he gain by all this lies?I told him am not his girlfriend or intending to so why must you fake things ?
Note: I only ask how is work and nothing more from this guy oh(and he started all dat story)
When I could not withstand any of his fake lies, I ask him to send me his pix.my sisters, you need to see what this guy sent, even my granding would not use such a poor background to take pix in this civilize world.Atfer all his drama, I then told him since you said you have everthing in this world even without knowing who I was,please can you connect me with someone who can offer me job in lagos that have being on job hunt for a month now?
Infact at the end I felt ashame that how can I be chating with such a fellow? So I stop responding to his message and told him never to send me any text.

What am I trying to point out? In all our dealing let the four letter word(Lies) be erase from our lips we don't need it. Why on earth will I be claiming being rich why in essence fact I can't afford to eat three square meal.

Those that would accept you for who you are will surely come not until you claim what you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by shizzle11(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
lmao grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Babies Are Attracted To Me. / The Reason why wives feel reluctant to host their inlaws / In-laws Attack!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.