Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? (5151 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / When And Where Did Pastor Chris Get His PHD From? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Yesterday's front page topic https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced and some conversation really got me thinking.

Why will a self proclaimed powerful man of God run to the IGP when a woman tried seducing him?

Why didnt he simply command the woman to get lost into the wilderness since he has the spirit of God in him?

I still wonder why he didnt pray to God to deliver him from this sexually dangerous and violent woman as stated in this verse: Psalms 18:48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Man in this verse can be either man or woman.

Why didnt he seek for God's refuge and protection from this woman. As said in this verse: Psalms 9:9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

He simply didnt remember the words of the bible as he ran to report this issue to the IGP.

Is this not a powerful man that he performed several miracles we see on tv? what happened to all this power when sexually confronted? Elisha commanded a bear to kill about 40 innocent children that mocked him (a different topic for another day) so why didnt this pastor just simply command that the woman be relocated to another country or something to get her out of his way. If it was a member that had this issue, the so called pastor will tell them to watch and pray and have faith.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by PastorKun(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2014
The issue of him reporting such a domestic matter like that to the IGP got me laughing, he must have been lying or spicing up the story to make it more interesting to his gullible audience. grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 11:03am On Aug 11, 2014
PastorKun: The issue of him reporting such a domestic matter like that to the IGP got me laughing, he must have been lying or spicing up the story to make it more interesting to his gullible audience. grin

Exactly..but what pains me most times is that if a member was in this same situation and the member reports this issue to the pastor, they will advice such member to believe the word of God then pray and fast against the seductress( aka daughter of Jezebel) but when it happens to the pastors they break all what they teach and seek help from other sources outside the bible.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by nora544: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

Exactly..but what pains me most times is that if a member was in this same situation and the member reports this issue to the pastor, they will advice such member to believe the word of God then pray and fast against the seductress( aka daughter of Jezebel) but when it happens to the pastors they break all what they teach and seek help from other sources outside the bible.

it is always the same double standart.

I know two weddings from RCCG pastors and both woman where pregnant!

One lost her child 3 weeks later and the other got it 5 month after her wedding but the parents are pastors from RCCG!

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Demainman1: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2014
When the Devil tempted JESUS, Jesus went straight to the POLICE grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2014
D bibble rightly stated; "flee temptation" temptation has a very great ower , n wheels over christains, d best means; is to flee it, n make it ublic; dat means it shall return no more!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2014
Raymondenyi: D bibble rightly stated; "flee temptation" temptation has a very great ower , n wheels over christains, d best means; is to flee it, n make it ublic; dat means it shall return no more!!!

The bible also stated that : "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19

So what was expected from him was to bind that seducing woman like how they do on tv and declare that she relocates to another vicinity.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2014
Raymondenyi: D bibble rightly stated; "flee temptation" temptation has a very great ower , n wheels over christains, d best means; is to flee it, n make it ublic; dat means it shall return no more!!!
u are right.. Such an oppressive power that lustful temptations control.. The best way is to stay under the protective wings of the Almighty... I experience this and am a living testimony.. Fleeeee from youthful lust...
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2014
ProphetUdeme: u are right.. Such an oppressive power that lustful temptations control.. The best way is to stay under the protective wings of the Almighty... I experience this and am a living testimony.. Fleeeee from youthful lust...

But he didnt stay under the protective wings of the almighty as expected rather he went to seek protection from the Inspector general of police. So he is indirectly hiding under the wings of the IGP and not God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking: Yesterday's front page topic https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced and some conversation really got me thinking.

Why will a self proclaimed powerful man of God run to the IGP when a woman tried seducing him?

Why didnt he simply command the woman to get lost into the wilderness since he has the spirit of God in him?

I still wonder why he didnt pray to God to deliver him from this sexually dangerous and violent woman as stated in this verse: Psalms 18:48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Man in this verse can be either man or woman.

Why didnt he seek for God's refuge and protection from this woman. As said in this verse: Psalms 9:9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

He simply didnt remember the words of the bible as he ran to report this issue to the IGP.

Is this not a powerful man that he performed several miracles we see on tv? what happened to all this power when confronted sexually confronted? Elisha commanded a bear to kill about 40 innocent children that mocked him (a different topic for another day) so why didnt this pastor just simply command that the woman be relocated to another country or something to get her out of his way. If it was a member that had this issue, the so called pastor will tell them to watch and pray and have faith.
but the best way is to surrender it to God in prayer... There hath no temptation taken him as such that is common to man according to james 1 vs 13... He should not have publicise it cos everybody is now clapping hands for him.. What if he had failed and commited adultery would he have published it or kept it secret?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
ProphetUdeme: but the best way is to surrender it to God in prayer... There hath no temptation taken him as such that is common to man according to james 1 vs 13... He should not have publicise it cos everybody is now clapping hands for him.. What if he had failed and commited adultery would he have published it or kept it secret?

Publicizing the issue or falling into temptation is a different story, the main point is that he didnt seek protection from God but rather went ahead to seek protection from Man i.e IGP

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 11, 2014
Christianity has always been propagated by lies. From Jesus' alleged tests in the wilderness with my Father to the virgin birth of Joseph's promiscuous fiancee, Christianity's history is full of fables fit for kids.

For that's what their Savior required; that they be like kids to enter the kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Yooguyz: 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
PastorKun: The issue of him reporting such a domestic matter like that to the IGP got me laughing, he must have been lying or spicing up the story to make it more interesting to his gullible audience. grin

You guy's are very funny grin if he hadn't reported it to the Police you would have said he consented to commiting adultery. Now he reported some are saying it's a lie or he should have commanded her to God knows where?
Shey It is when you hear that he was caught in a hotel with her that's the one you would say it's true.

It seems you are looking for the slightest opportunity to critcize MOG's. Be very careful because you will account for every careless word that proceeds out of your mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Christianity has always been propagated by lies. From Jesus' alleged tests in the wilderness with my Father to the virgin birth of Joseph's promiscuous fiancee, Christianity's history is full of fables fit for kids.

For that's what their Savior required; that they be like kids to enter the kingdom.
i got no time for ur show off.. Ignoramus
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Christianity has always been propagated by lies. From Jesus' alleged tests in the wilderness with my Father to the virgin birth of Joseph's promiscuous fiancee, Christianity's history is full of fables fit for kids.

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yooguyz:

You guy's are very funny grin if he hadn't reported it to the Police you would have said he consented to commiting adultery. Now he reported some are saying it's a lie or he should have commanded her to God knows where?
Shey It is when you hear that he was caught in a hotel with her that's the one you would say it's true.

It seems you are looking for the slightest opportunity to critcize MOG's. Be very careful because you will account for every careless word that proceeds out of your mouth.

What he should had simply done was to resist her advances..If she threatens his life then he should have made a commandment that she will go mad or be relocated far away from him..Is that not why he has the power of God in him? why running to the IGP for help when he suppose to seek help from God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by PastorKun(m): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yooguyz:

So when did it become a criminal offence for a woman to seduce a man to warrant a report to the police And even the IGP of police for that matter Is the IG so jobless that he doesn't have better thingz to do than get involved in the domestic affairs of a man who is incapable of rebuking a seducer on his own.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
The flesh is willing, the spirit is weak grin
tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Yooguyz: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
PastorKun:

So when did it become a criminal offence for a woman to seduce a man to warrant a report to the police And even the IGP of police for that matter Is the IG so jobless that he doesn't have better thingz to do than get involved in the domestic affairs of a man who is incapable of rebuking a seducer on his own.

Read the story well, she threated his wife and besides she was stalking him. Its a criminal offence to stalk someone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Yooguyz: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

What he should had simply done was to resist her advances..If she threatens his life

But she was threatening his wife
then he should have made a commandment that she will go mad or be relocated far away from him..Is that not why he has the power of God in him? why running to the IGP for help when he suppose to seek help from God.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2014

Many Christians get tempted every single day and they overcome, what makes his own case different ? smh.

These guys are just so absorbed with themselves its disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by ElFenomeno1: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
So a married woman wants Pastor Adeboye's di...ck and he ran to the police?! cheesy
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

The bible also stated that : "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19

So what was expected from him was to bind that seducing woman like how they do on tv and declare that she relocates to another vicinity.
are u for real? Dis is not actually enemy per say. Its temptation. 1thessalonian 5:22 flee from all appearances of evil. Y can't Joseph stand with potiphar's wife and start casting out every demon. No amount of prayer can stop d woman, just like Jesus after 40 days and night Satan still came even with all d anoithin etc. Christian race has something to do with brain also not only prayer

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by ElFenomeno1: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
The woman must have heard something nice about Pastor Adeboye's jank!

Maybe his wife bragged about the their sexcapades and the pursuing woman overhead...

Gimme a piece of Daddy GO! cheesy
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

What he should had simply done was to resist her advances..If she threatens his life then he should have made a commandment that she will go mad or be relocated far away from him..Is that not why he has the power of God in him? why running to the IGP for help when he suppose to seek help from God.
a pastor prayin for someone to gat mad? That's great. Av u forgotten pray for ur enemies. Besides does ur church encourage dat?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

Publicizing the issue or falling into temptation is a different story, the main point is that he didnt seek protection from God but rather went ahead to seek protection from Man i.e IGP
guy are u a believer. Has God ever saved someone from temptation b4. Do u read ur bible @ all. How can u pray against temptation. Dats d best thing. Reporting
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
u don't deserve any respect. U are just a pastor for fun. How can u easily confirm he is lying. Even doe u think he does dat must u say it wen u are not sure? I don't think I need to remind u Matt 12:36 u shall give account of any idle word u speak. U are not a saint either. So don't judge. Matt 7;1.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Demainman1: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yooguyz:

Read the story well, she threated his wife and besides she was stalking him. Its a criminal offence to stalk someone.

Threatening his life with s£x cheesy

Just because of stalking you run to the IG. Something that ordinary recruit will sort out in few minutes.

Nigeria Inspect General of Police, jobless since 1753 grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yooguyz:

But she was threatening his wife

If he really has the power of God in him, then he she command her to relocate and this verse justifies my statement Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
Donfamous: are u for real? Dis is not actually enemy per say. Its temptation. 1thessalonian 5:22 flee from all appearances of evil. Y can't Joseph stand with potiphar's wife and start casting out every demon. No amount of prayer can stop d woman, just like Jesus after 40 days and night Satan still came even with all d anoithin etc. Christian race has something to do with brain also not only prayer

Jesus christ came long after joseph era..Joseph never claimed to have the power of jesus or God to perform miracles so the possible thing joseph could do was to flee from the seductress and not report her to the IGP.

Now according to your bible, jesus christ stated clearly that greater works you will do in my name. John 14:12: "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father..

If jesus could simply say to satan " Get behind me satan" during his trial and temptation and immediately satan fleed, what stops pastor Adeboye from commanding the seductress to get out of his presence forever?

John 14: 12-14 12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Donfamous: a pastor prayin for someone to gat mad? That's great. Av u forgotten pray for ur enemies. Besides does ur church encourage dat?

If Elisha could command wild bears to kill innocent children then Pastor adeboye commanding a seductress to go mad for his own protection is still better if he really had the power of God in him..

BTW, yes the bible said you should pray for your enemies but failed to tell Christians the kind of prayer one should pray for the enemy..
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Donfamous: guy are u a believer. Has God ever saved someone from temptation b4. Do u read ur bible @ all. How can u pray against temptation. Dats d best thing. Reporting

If Jesus christ could be saved from the temptation of the devil, why is it difficult for God to save adeboye from this temptation?

According to your bible (thats if you even know the bible at all) it states that God will provide a way out of temptation if we seek him.

1 Corinthians 10:13: The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

It is obvious adeboye couldnt endure this temptation and rather to seek the face of God for protection he ran to the IGP for help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Encounter With Satan / Winners Chapel Theme For Shiloh 2016 / The New Young Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.