Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South (4373 Views)

Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
usermane: The root of this issue is a mix of fallacies and extremism on the part of the northern muslims. In fact i opened a thread on a related topic where i exposed some of these extreme and irrational views among the hausas, how they 've illegitimately become norms and how unislamic they are in the spirit of Quran. But the fanatics would rather construe the topic as an attempt to bash hausa muslims than face the criticisms and refutations, thus my thread was deleted.

Yoruba muslims seem more tolerants because they value western education. They don't teach and glorify extremist ideals as the northerners do. The same can't be said of the northerners whose sermons and lessons strongly emphasize evil in democracy, idolatry in national constitution, responsibility of the muslims in forming the Islamic state and the obligation on muslims to cut themselves away from non-muslims or anything that has to do with them.

hmmmm
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by BetaThings: 12:28am On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Funny how Lanrexlan can complain about christian discrimination when his own fellow muslims in the north do worse.
I see that your hatred for Islam never allows you to see the inconsistencies in your argument
So how many thread has he opened to talk about discrimination by Christians
But you feel so strongly about the what you perceive as discrimination about Islam that you open threads upon threads to lambast Islam, under various mischievous (or shall we say sinister) aliases
Now when a case of injustice is levelled against Christians, you believe it should be ignored
Your claim of a desire for a just society is just some insincere platitude - your aim is to denigrate Islam using faslehood and subterfuge to derive

TheBigUrban2:
At least, christians hardly kill for "alleged" blasphemy unlike those section of muslims in the north who kill christians like rams (even before boko haram time)
So until somebody is "killed" it is not discrimination?

At least you have admitted that Nigeria does not discriminate against your h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k friends
We don't kill them - just 14 years in jail - while we kill armed robbers

They are killing Christians like rams?
Buni Yardi boys must have converted to Christianity after BH slaughtered them
Same as the numerous villages and markets in Borno - all of them are Christians because suddenly by your own definition Muslims don't exist in Borno and they don't go to the markets that Christians go to
BTW - when are you going to lament the killing of Christians by Christians in South Sudan?
Or are they rams and don't merit mourning?

Anyway to remind you
Christians treating themselves to a delight - flesh of Muslims
http://newsrescue.com/birom-christians-eat-roasted-flesh-of-muslims-they-killed-in-jos-nigeria
/

At a point as the flesh is being roasted, someone says in Hausa language “…ni zuciyan na ke so…” meaning: I want the heart, while another person goes further to ask “…ka sa gishiri?” meaning: “…did you put some salt”?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMj_qtHj4k

5 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by BetaThings: 12:35am On Aug 13, 2014
usermane: The root of this issue is a mix of fallacies and extremism on the part of the northern muslims. In fact i opened a thread on a related topic
You are always opening such threads to denigrate Muslims based on underlying hatred
We shall overcome

where i exposed some of these extreme and irrational views among the hausas, how they 've illegitimately become norms and how unislamic they are in the spirit of Quran. But the fanatics would rather construe the topic as an attempt to bash hausa muslims than face the criticisms and refutations, thus my thread was deleted.
Sorry, your story of Islam is strange and have no sound intellectual basis
Yusuf Mohammed of BH was a heretic
Your ideas are in the same league
We need to do away with heretical ideas as early as possible

Yoruba muslims seem more tolerants because they value western education. They don't teach and glorify extremist ideals as the northerners do. The same can't be said of the northerners whose sermons and lessons strongly emphasize evil in democracy, idolatry in national constitution, responsibility of the muslims in forming the Islamic state and the obligation on muslims to cut themselves away from non-muslims or anything that has to do with them. [/quote]
Yoruba Muslims rights are being circumscribed by Christians and the Yoruba fall for the silly arguments that they are enlightened
Are they more enlightened than the Christians who have built a formidable propaganda industry to raise at every deed of Muslims even if it is a benign as eating only halal meal

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by BetaThings: 12:48am On Aug 13, 2014
Omexonomy: Xtian cane the muslim who wore hijab bla bla bla. Assuming we allow every religeon to wore their regalia to a public school i.e eriwoya obgoni xtian ifa egungun etc do u think such place will be convinenet for learnin?
Actually they wear religious regalia in the Uk
And their educations system is better than ours
It is only in Nigeria where a lady covering her head distracts the students while studying is facilitated with half naked girls surrounding male pupils
We can see the result - 70% fail WASCE

By the way - this anxiety about others doing certain religious acts always apply when others (apart from Christians) request for their rights. You celebrate Easter and Christmas and take holidays for the purpose. Why did you not reject those holidays on account of the likely deluge of requests by others for public holidays for their festivals? Did it stop you?
The FG built a National Christmas Tree in 2011 and invited both local and international guests to it. Did you fear that others might ask for Obangiji National Tree, Eid el Maulud National Tree, Amadioha National Tree etc?
No, we need to stop others fearing proliferation but allow Christians to have everything, casting aside those considerations
This is HYPOCRISY In action

Omexonomy: If u have any bad belle to the teacher that cain the student why not take up ur case with the governor.
Interesting
we have taken it up.
But when people of little minds have some opportunity, they take away the rights that are guaranteed in the constitution and say EACH person must appeal to the governor
Even in a state that wants to outlaw corporeal punishment?
But your attitude is ordinarily shocking but given the hate message that you are exposed to in your churches, it is to be expected
All I hear when I pass by a Church is "fire! fire!! fire!!!"

So when a teacher canes my daughter for dressing in Hijab, it is bad belle on my part?
Alhamdu Li Lllah that I am a Muslim
It is hard to imagine that somebody who claims to worship God can argue like this
But again a regular diet of hateful propaganda presented as sermon can eliminate the natural ability for objectivity

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by lanrexlan(m): 5:23am On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Please, just admit you lost the argument. All this twisting is not helping
Even a fool will know that you have nothing tangible to say again.Aurevor

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2014
BetaThings:
I see that your hatred for Islam never allows you to see the inconsistencies in your argument
So how many thread has he opened to talk about discrimination by Christians
But you feel so strongly about the what you perceive as discrimination about Islam that you open threads upon threads to lambast Islam, under various mischievous (or shall we say sinister) aliases
Now when a case of injustice is levelled against Christians, you believe it should be ignored
Your claim of a desire for a just society is just some insincere platitude - your aim is to denigrate Islam using faslehood and subterfuge to derive

So until somebody is "killed" it is not discrimination?

At least you have admitted that Nigeria does not discriminate against your h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k friends
We don't kill them - just 14 years in jail - while we kill armed robbers

They are killing Christians like rams?
Buni Yardi boys must have converted to Christianity after BH slaughtered them
Same as the numerous villages and markets in Borno - all of them are Christians because suddenly by your own definition Muslims don't exist in Borno and they don't go to the markets that Christians go to
BTW - when are you going to lament the killing of Christians by Christians in South Sudan?
Or are they rams and don't merit mourning?

Anyway to remind you
Christians treating themselves to a delight - flesh of Muslims
http://newsrescue.com/birom-christians-eat-roasted-flesh-of-muslims-they-killed-in-jos-nigeria
/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMj_qtHj4k

Please, explain what you are debating with me? You are just ranting incoherently.

First you claim that I said that it is discrimination only when someone is killed. I didnt say that and worse, you go on to give the example of briom christians eating muslims. Is cannibalism a christian belief or is it the culture? Guy, please stop the twisting.

Note that throughout you rant, you coudnt find an example of atheists discriminating against muslims. I am not a christian.

And you are calling homosexuals "homosick". I hope you do realise that there are millions of homosexual muslims? Or do you think that it is an issue that only the west/christians/atheists face?

There is discrimination on all fronts, be it muslim, atheist, christian, pagan. However, muslims are the worst when it comes to discrimination in Nigeria or even the wider world in terms of religion

You dont believe the bold that islam/muslims have the worst record on discrimination amongst religions/beliefs?

Facts;
1) The 13 countries that carry death sentences (as prescribed by the law) for atheists are all Islamic countries. No non-islamic country carries a death sentence for atheism
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/10/us-religion-atheists-idUSBRE9B900G20131210

2) The only place my EDO/DELTAN sisters can not wear their tribal wears in peace in Nigeria are states or societies that have sharia law in full practice in Nigeria (meaning many places in the north). Should they wear their traditional wears in some places in the north, they will face harrassment for indecency. This has happened to my cousins in the north. A woman cant even wear her own traditional dress that her ancestors have been wearing in her own country. Take a look at the Edo bride in the pic...just because the cloth shows the shoulder and neck, it is indecent-

3) In many islamic countries, women need male guardians or sponsors to get work. Wow. "men are the guardians of women" says the surah an nisa

4) blasphemy laws. I dont need to even talk about this sef

1 Like

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 6:21am On Aug 13, 2014
lanrexlan: Even a fool will know that you have nothing tangible to say again.Aurevor

smh...... undecided
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by lanrexlan(m): 6:25am On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

smh...... undecided
Easy with shaking your head,just make sure your atlas doesn't dissociate from the axis.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by Omexonomy: 6:41am On Aug 13, 2014
What about france italy and germany that are not accepting it?[quote author=BetaThings]
Actually they wear religious regalia in the Uk
And their educations system is better than ours
It is only in Nigeria where a lady covering her head distracts the students while studying is facilitated with half naked girls surrounding male pupils
We can see the result - 70% fail WASCE

By the way - this anxiety about others doing certain religious acts always apply when others (apart from Christians) request for their rights. You celebrate Easter and Christmas and take holidays for the purpose. Why did you not reject those holidays on account of the likely deluge of requests by others for public holidays for their festivals? Did it stop you?
The FG built a National Christmas T
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by bilms(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by tintingz(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
lanrexlan: As an hatetheist whose foundation is based on hatred,you choose what you want to read or hear from.You went to 3 different schools in the South and that's enough for a case sample?

Concerning the Issue of Hijab,christians have displayed their hatred for it.Not only in secondary schools but even in work places.
I remembered vividly that my own very sister was denied a job just because she wore an Hijab.
How many people have christian headed organizations denied jobs just because of the Hijab? Not 1 nor 2 I personally know of.
These are even other examples of christians hatred towards the Hijab.

In the last concluded Post Utme(i.e. 2014) of The University Of Ibadan,to be considered for admission one of the requirements reads: “…The photographs must be white background showing both ears,without glasses,cap or headgear.''
Who doesn't know it's an indirect hatred for the Hijab? They dropped the word ‘hijab’ so as not to look like direct attack and chose ‘headgear’ as blanket cover!
It is a way to debar them from gaining legitimate and well deserved admission because of their belief.Are they interested in the face or the ears?

In July 2002,the Provost of Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State expelled two Muslim female students with another Muslim brother and a lady teacher who supported the ladies in their insistence to be using veil on the campus. The continued resistance by the school authorities not to recall them back led to the peaceful protest by the MSSN, Ondo State Area Unit,on Friday, October 11th 2002 on the school premises. (T).

In January 2003,the Principal of St. Anne’s Grammar School,Molete,Ibadan saw one of the Muslim students of the school around 5:00pm going for an Islamic programme in the school uniform with hijab to match.The principal parked his car,removed the hijab from the girl, and seized her bag of books.
The following day,he summoned the girl to the assembly,molested her and beat her for using Hijab!

Miss Shaidat was denied the access and lost her right to write the G.C.E exam Geography paper on Wednesday 30th September 1998, when a Christian woman invigilator and her colleagues ordered the Muslim girl to remove her hijab before entering the classroom for the exam at the school for the handicap, Ijokodo, Ibadan.

These are just few,but to an hatetheist it will never widespread to him.
Thank you jare.

Even in hospital there was a case of two Muslim nurses sacked for wearing hijab to an interview and the rules of the board clearly approve of shoulder length hijab.

Orthopaedic hospital sacks two nurses for wearing hijab
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/orthopaedic-hospital-sacks-two-nurses-wearing-hijab/

Hatetheist will keep hating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by tintingz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
BetaThings:

At least you have been doing human ritual for ages
Soka forest, Okija shrine etc are your legacies
Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
tintingz: Thank you jare.

Even in hospital there was a case of two Muslim nurses sacked for wearing hijab to an interview and the rules of the board clearly approve of shoulder length hijab.

Orthopaedic hospital sacks two nurses for wearing hijab
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/orthopaedic-hospital-sacks-two-nurses-wearing-hijab/

Hatetheist will keep hating.

angry angry angry
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by tintingz(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Funny how Lanrexlan can complain about christian discrimination when his own fellow muslims in the north do worse.

At least, christians hardly kill for "alleged" blasphemy unlike those section of muslims in the north who kill christians like rams (even before boko haram time)
you defending Christians peacefulness?

What will you say about this...

Police Arrest 6 Christians In Enugu For Destroying Pagan Shrines in their Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GolJL8k3A

Even PAGAN9JA will disagree what you posted grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by tintingz(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

angry angry angry
Smile bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
tintingz: you defending Christians peacefulness?

What will you say about this...

Police Arrest 6 Christians In Enugu For Destroying Pagan Shrines in their Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GolJL8k3A

Even PAGAN9JA will disagree what you posted grin cheesy

I never said that christians were peaceful.

Why the lies?

My point was clear- their discrimination is not as bad is muslims'

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by tintingz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Why the lies?

Really?? tell me more. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by bilms(m): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
hum
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by TheBigUrban2: 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Why the lies?
tintingz: Really?? tell me more. grin

Atheist face death sentences in 13 countries....all islamic

Only one country declares atheism as terrorism- An islamic country called Saudi Arabia.

Remind me why I would pick christian discrimination over Muslim discrimination if I had no choice but the two?
Re: Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South by bilms(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) / 40 Hadiths By Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) / Backbiting, Slandering And Amassing Of Wealth: Lessons From Surah Al Humazah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.