Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence (6725 Views)

How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo) / Anglicans Give GEJ 'Award Of Excellence In Christian Stewardship' / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by tpia1: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

Tales by moonlight?

You labelled it so 'cos it seems unrealistic, right? You aren't really to blame for having such a thought considering the fact that you ain't Yoruba.

bro, no yoruba talks or types this way:

The Groom, My cousin, a Muslim from Osun state and his bride, a Christian from Ogun state. There were prayers from an "Alfa", and a "Pastor" in addition to the traditional prayers constantly offered in the names of Ifa and Osun by the Lady Compere, and each prayer was followed by a resounding "Amin" and "Asee", as the case may be,

what does the bolded mean?

and no yoruba combines religions in that manner during a ceremony, btw.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

1. Muslim Students Paralyse University Of Ibadan Over Student Preacher-PM News, Lagos

2. In Oyo, father allegedly kills daughter, attacks pastor, others for converting to Christianity

3. Yoruba Christians and Muslims fight in Osun over Uniform and head gear

4. Osun schools segregate based on religious affiliations

Yorubas are cone-headed, self-denying dingbats

amadioha redesign your dentition formulae to 0/0/0. your tribe should gas off biosphere hilter styled. same fvckheads that clash on trivial issue like crusade grounds. it sucks to be hear hunting bantunoid.

5 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
ChrisOD:

We all have seen what happened in Osun and even in Oyo, where Muslims attacked a Christian Yoruba girl for preaching. Let them continue to sing their own religious praises.

There are bad eggs in every setting and Group. No one's disputing that fact.

You think say na everybody for Vatican city dey holy? There are Murderers, Rapists, Paedophiles, Criminals and Racists parading themselves as Cardinals, Bishops, Pastors and Alhajis everywhere in the world...

But that doesn't diminish the fact that from a statistical point of view, it can be generally deduced that Yorubas are the most religiously tolerant set of People in the WORLD...

Yeah, in the whole wide WORLD! Quote me, Motherfuccker!

7 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Debunking The Over-rated Religious Tolerance Claim of SWners

https://www.nairaland.com/1853308/debunking-over-rated-religious-tolerance-claim
Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

the madness in your head is going out of hand. read that story well. and you will see that girl was not lynched cos it happens in a Yoruba enclave. can same be said of the fvcking wasteland alaigbo. where mobile police guides worshippers at the mosque at sokoto road main market because of una madness and intolerance.

Cry me a river cry cry cry cry cry cry

In Oyo, father allegedly kills daughter, attacks pastor, others for converting to Christianity

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

Cry me a river cry cry cry cry cry cry

In Oyo, father allegedly kills daughter, attacks pastor, others for converting to Christianity

low self esteem nincompoop, in very rare case we bound to have extremist too. but can that be compared to the taboo for catholics to marry Anglicans in your smelly slaughter yard backwaters. akinegba na Igbo name, fvckhead impersonator.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

bro, no yoruba talks or types this way:

what does the bolded mean?

and no yoruba combines religions in that manner during a ceremony, btw.

And what might the bolded mean to you? Do you lack comprehension skills? I think I tried to emphasize that the couple were from different states in addition to the religious differences.

Well, the ceremony was a traditional wedding that was held in the Bride's Family house. It didn't hold in a church or mosque and FYI, the Church wedding took place the following day and the Groom's Muslim Parents and relatives were all in the church.

Got any other question or observation, Flatty?

5 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

low self esteem nincompoop, in very rare case we bound to have extremist too. but can that be compared to the taboo for catholics to marry Anglicans in your smelly slaughter yard backwaters. akinegba na Igbo name, fvckhead impersonator.

Anago na Yoruba name? You dunderhead. In which whole Igbo community are catholics barred from marrying anglicans? You cone head equate individual family problem with Igbo race?

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by tpia1: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

And what might the bolded mean to you? Do you lack comprehension skills? I think I tried to emphasize that the couple were from different states in addition to the religious differences.

Well, the ceremony was a traditional wedding that was held in the Bride's Family house. It didn't hold in a church or mosque and FYI, the Church wedding took place the following day and the Groom's Muslim Parents and relatives were all in the church.

so this is an unusual thing which you've never seen before?

bro, tell us where you're really from, this aint cutting it.

not convincing at all.
Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

Anago na Yoruba name? You dunderhead. In which whole Igbo community are catholics barred from marrying anglicans? You cone head equate individual family problem with Igbo race?

waste of ovum, Yoruba is the tribe while anago is the language oloriburuku. I witness one at woliwo opposite our lady's high school. where the marriage was disrupt for that singular reason. Igbo may amadioha inflict you with elephantiasis of the balls you open that your smelly gob to pretend like Yoruba again.

4 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

waste of ovum, Yoruba is the tribe while anago is the language oloriburuku. I witness one at woliwo opposite our lady's high school. where the marriage was disrupt for that singular reason. Igbo may amadioha inflict you with elephantiasis of the balls you open that your smelly gob to pretend like Yoruba again.

Conehead. Akinegba is not Yoruba name. You ratty-faced simpleton

Akinegba is different from Akin Egba

My own ''Akin'' means ''Similar'' (ENGLISH WORD AS ''AKIN TO SOMETHING'').
And Egba is the abbreviation of my father, mother and my own names (E.G.B.A.)

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
+ two Yoruba muslims kill British soldier in Allah's name.

Yeah! That is religious tolerance grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

and your siggy is also Igbo lienious. thunder strike you dead cow. you are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. you are of less worth than a burnt-out light bulb. you will forever live in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

so this is an unusual thing which you've never seen before?

bro, tell us where you're really from, this aint cutting it.

not convincing at all.

Why're you contradicting yourself?

You previously said no Yoruba combines religions like that, now you're asking Me if I've not seen such an unusual situation before.

You're apparently confused. Guy, I think you need to rest! Go sleep!

4 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

and your siggy is also Igbo lienious. thunder strike you dead cow. you are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. you are of less worth than a burnt-out light bulb. you will forever live in shame.

Unlike Yorubas, Igbos do not commit crime using Yoruba names. We live up to our names, for Good and for bad grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by tpia1: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

Why're you contradicting yourself?

You previously said no Yoruba combines religions like that, now you're asking Me if I've not seen such an unsual situation before.

You're apparently confused. Guy, I think you need to rest! Go sleep!

i was referring to your last paragraph in that post.

do i have to spell everything out for you?

your presentation does not show you as yoruba, end of.
Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

Unlike Yorubas, Igbos do not commit crime using Yoruba names. We kiv eup to our names, for Good and for bad grin grin grin

you are the classic example of the instability of group 7 element. in one breathe the olofo wanna try to lie is handle is not from Yoruba coinage, now the phool is saying another thing. in saner climes never do wells like you will have been exchange for one glass of milk after your unfortunate birth.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
Religious tolerance is strange among Igbo of even the christian faith. You can imagine Peter Obi f00lishly saying a Catholic should take over from him for continuity.

6 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Religious tolerance is strange among Igbo of even the christian faith. You can imagine Peter Obi f00lishly saying a Catholic should take over from him for continuity.

1. Muslim Students Paralyse University Of Ibadan Over Student Preacher-PM News, Lagos

2. In Oyo, father allegedly kills daughter, attacks pastor, others for converting to Christianity

https://www.nairaland.com/1853308/debunking-over-rated-religious-tolerance-claim

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

you are the classic example of the instability of group 7 element. in one breathe the olofo wanna try to lie is handle is not from Yoruba coinage, now the phool is saying another thing. in saner climes never do wells like you will have been exchange for one glass of milk after your unfortunate birth.

You are a bore.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 9jalyte: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
I hope this doesn't turn to irrational war. I want to make these comments, cus I think it is time for people to start acting in the right direction.

First I am a Catholic, I am also one of the few people who believe that church and indeed religion should be put to check. Concerning this issue raised, I will say outright that it is very wrong for the school administration to adopt such discriminatory position, which is not typical of catholic institutions. As long as they did not initially define the program as strictly for Catholics, they should have left the benches on a level ground.

That being said, I want also to point out some facts. in most institutions, especially international institutions, the admissions are made not only on scores, rather, they can say out of the 100%, 30% is on grades, 20 on motivation, 20 0n references, 20 on extra-curricular skills, 10 on publications. Even if you have all the 30% scores on grades, if you score low in the others, someone with lower score will get the chance. Why I said this is that the fellow in question may be right that she performed well in the questions, it may be that the school policy is the being a catholic has a mark, and why should anyone complain about it. Wrong as it may be I rather think that this is supposed to challenge the other religious bodies to venture into human capacity development, at least the Catholics have tried in that area.

I was telling my friend that since the missionaries left the church in the hands of Nigerians, we have been experiencing a lot of retrogression in true faith development. If you may recall, in fact the Anglicans performed wonderfully in human development better than the Catholics to an extent, cus the anglicans where the first to push their followers beyond college. The Catholics were doing massive education but limited most of the early educated ones to teaching jobs at PTC, or TTC. When they founders left, our clergy saw the church as their vine yard and forgot about the developmental aspect of evangelism. It is even the Catholics that to a large extent are still committed to development. Eg, search for the contributions of catholic relief services in the fight against HIV in Africa, in Nigeria search for the Catholic Caritas organization. These organizations employ everybody not minding the creed, which you will hardly see in other religious organizations.
bottom line is this, each month you are asked to pay tithe, please talk to your religious institutions to stop building towers of babel and invest in the human church. By the way, even abroad you will confirm what I am saying, if you check the scholarship bodies in Germany, one is catholic and one other is either Presbyterian. surprisingly, the catholic scholarship considers non-Catholics, but the other insisted that it is only for the members. so ...

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

Fucck that your flawed, inane analogy. It'd have been more logical if you had used the moniker, "AkintoEGBA" or something!

AkinEgba means the "Brave one of Egba dynasty". Going by your moniker and signature, it's so obvious that you love the Yorubas and wish you were born one.

You can still get yourself a cool Yoruba girl for marriage so your Kids could be half Yorubas. Okay, Flatty?

6 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

You are a bore.

customised13 the shame yesterday don make you swap your handle and your tribe. you are the s.i unit of cowardice and mumuness. wherever you see ilugunboy on this forum you must bow down and worship him. cos he is more than your God.

4 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

Fucck that your flawed, inane analogy. It'd have been more logical if you had used the moniker, "AkintoEGBA" or something!

AkinEgba means the "Brave one of Egba dynasty". Going by your moniker and signature, it's so obvious that you love the Yorubas and wish you were born one.

You can still get yourself a cool Yoruba girl for marriage so your Kids could be half Yorubas. Okay, Flatty?

Stop boring me. Meanwhille.....................

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

Stop boring me. Meanwhille.....................

Your stupidity is irredeemable!

5 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

Your stupidity is irredeemable!

Your ridiculousness is a case of inverted (yes, inverted) sublimeness. Meaning you are a lowly person grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by 0merta(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

customised13 the shame yesterday don make you swap your handle and your tribe. you are the s.i unit of cowardice and mumuness. wherever you see ilugunboy on this forum you must bow down and worship him. cos he is more than your God.

Anago Baba!

Is Customized13 equals to AkinEgba?

4 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
0merta:

Anago Baba!

Is Customized13 equals to AkinEgba?

yes ooo observe the writing style. and that fvckhead was also Abeokuta raised.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by AkinEgba: 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

You must not be a smart person. I am no one but me.

1 Like

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
anago90:

me? Raised in abeokuta? U must be joking, I have only been to abeokuta thrice, its ijebu-ode and shagamu I know very well cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: me? Raised in abeokuta? U must be joking, I have only been to abeokuta thrice, its ijebu-ode and shagamu I know very well cheesy cheesy cheesy

who cares go tell your stories to the birds... shofodanu omo abi pa abe. omo ti o ye ki iya ti fi she ikan osu danu.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence by anago90: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
AkinEgba:

You must not be a smart person. I am no one but me.

that you are a low lifer jobless rat. that ran after sighting ilugunboy yesterday.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should We Tithe Before Or After Paying Tax? / I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith / The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.