Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters (4937 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2008
I've received the email below twice this weekend from two friends, one Nigerian and the other South African who will jump at anything to label Nigerians monsters. I know some of you have received this annoying email and i want to make certain things clear.

1) Nigeria has over 160M population and about 40M of that population are females 18 and above. So, if we have domestic violence related crimes at the rate of one per month, is that too much comparing to south Africa that has tens everyday?

2) I am not supporting domestic violence but crimes like this happen everywhere in the world everyday in much higher frequencies than in Nigeria. The person that compiled this email supposedly lives in the US, can he compare the crime rate of that sort in his city per month to what happened in Nigeria in a six months gap?

3) guys, we need to update our game and be real to our women. May be our women are getting tired of us and our games. please love your wives, say no to wife beaters, stop playing with her emotions and always pray together with your wife so that God can help you avert this kind of problem.

4) Our women should also reduce the rate at which they get angry and pray fervently for peace in their homes.

5) stop forwarding this email if you get them because NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT MONSTERS.

Re: Why are Nigerian women slowly becoming monsters?

Why is domestic violence getting worse everyday in Nigeria?. Why are Nigerian women taking part in this heinous crime? What is responsible for Nigerian women getting more aggressive by the day?. Could it be hardship or obscure westernization because our culture forbids things like these back in the days. Are our women slowly joining the men shamelessly in moral decadence?. I wish these crimes separated in episodes were story lines for TV stories but they are real and they all happened withing 9 months. Obviously, at this rate,more episodes are bound to happen in this same 2008. While our society is not yet well equipped to battle violence against women and children, how will we take care of this extra new burden of violence against men by women?. Enjoy the episodes and don't forget to pray for Nigeria.

Episode 10: december 2008

Episode 9: November 2008

Episode 8: october 2008
woman Beheads her husband

For allegedly beheading her husband, a woman is currently cooling her heels in the cell at the Iperu Divisional Police Station, Ogun state. Like a demented person, the suspect, simply known as Iya Ibadan, was alleged to have, on Wednesday, sneaked into her husband’s room in the night when he was asleep at their 44, Jalugba Street, Iperu Remo, Ogun state, and dealt him several machete blows. The cuts severed the man’s head, killing him instantly. After killing the deceased, identified as Mr. Sabi Owolabi, 55, the suspect carried his body and dumped it in a pit latrine at the back of the house. The lid was blown off the dastardly act when the lower part of the deceased which could not be forced into the latrine was sighted by a neighbour. News of the murder threw the rustic Iperu town into confusion as thousands rushed to the house to witness the grisly scene. The matter was reported to the police and the suspect was promptly arrested.

Episode 7: October 2008 WICKED NEIGHBOUR!, Baths co-tenant with boiling water : Thursday, October 09, 2008 - By ADEOLA ADETUNJI, Abeokuta

If Mrs. Taiwo Adesina had any premonition that calamity was lurking around for her on Sunday August 17, 2008, she would probably have gone into hiding. But fate played a joke on her by not giving her any inkling and later that day her beautiful skin, which used to be a pride to her, was turned to an eyesore after her neighbour poured hot water on her. A little quarrel between Mrs. Adesina and her neighbour, Mrs. Joke Akerele Olota, had left indelible marks on the back of the former. Akerele-Olota, a 32-year-old mother of four, after bathing her neighbour with hot water, attributed her action to the devil “through uncontrollable anger.” The neighbour who is now standing trial at an Abeokuta Magistrate Court for assault occasioning harm, said that she did not intend to fight Mrs. Adesina “but her daughter insulted and disrespected me.” Narrating what led to her action, she said she had urged Mrs. Taiwo’s 15-year-old daughter, Zainab to wait for her to get down from the stair case first “but she did not only refuse, she also disrespected and insulted me.” After this assault, Mrs. Olota claimed that Zainab ran into her mother’s room and she ran after to beat her in the presence of her mother. “The little quarrel immediately degenerated to exchange of works between Zainab’s mother and I.” The accused further told the court that what prompted her to pour hot water on her co-tenant was the devil. “Please forgive me, it’s the devil’s handiwork. I would not have done this, but for the devil which pushed me into it.” She claimed that Zainab’s mother had been nice to her since providence brought them together in the building located in Abeokuta, the state capital. Touched by her plea, Mrs. Adesina told the court that she was no longer interested in the case and also pleaded for forgiveness for her co-tenant. Her words: “I have forgiven her. She is my younger sister’s mate. I thank God I am still alive today. Her father-in-law, who is the landlord, is good to me; likewise the husband.” Meanwhile, Justice Modinat Sobogu who granted the accused bail for N50, 000 advised her to always be of good behaviour and refuse to be used again by the devil. She later adjourned the case to October 13, 2008.

Episode 6:

september 2008 Wife cuts off husband’s manhood Thursday, September 25, 2008 - From AKEEB ALARAPE, Ibadan

A housewife has been arrested by police detectives in Oyo State, over the death of her husband, who gave up the ghost after his genital was cut off during a fight between the couple. Funke Ojeleke was said to have been picked up at the Low Cost Estate, Adeniran Ogbomoso after her husband, Ademola Ojeleke, was discovered dying in the room jointly shared by the couple with blood gushing out of his mouth and genital. Although police detectives were still struggling to unravel what could have pushed the housewife to severe her husband’s genital, Daily Sun learnt that the arrested housewife also sustained machete cuts on her body. Police First Information Report (FIR) revealed that a son to the deceased, Adelola Ojeleke, had reported at Arowomole Police Station how he discovered his father dying in his bedroom vomiting and blood gushing out of his male organ (privates). The injured man was said to have been rushed to a private hospital in the town where he gave up the ghost. Ojeleke’s wife too, Funke, was said to have sustained machete cuts on her body.

Episode 5: august 2008
Woman stabs husband to death in Lagos Olalekan Olabulo, Lagos Friday, August 15, 2008

The police in Lagos State have begun investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death of a father of three, Mr. Hakeem Badmus, who was reportedly stabbed to death by his wife on Wednesday. The incident occured at their 28, Coker Street, Mushin, around 10.00 p.m. on Wednesday. Badmus died in a hospital where he was taken to after he was stabbed in the neck by his wife. Badmus and his wife, Remilekun, had reportedly engaged in a fierce argument that degenerated into one of them going for a knife. Nigerian Tribune gathered that Hakeem and his wife were until the incident living with their three children aged seven, six and two. Remilekun, in her statement with the police, accused her late husband of excessive Indian hemp smoking and wife battery which, she claimed, often led to quarrels between them. Nigerian Tribune gathered that the husband had returned home late on the day of the incident to be confronted by the wife who accused him of returning from where he had gone to smoke. The accusation led to a serious quarrel between the couple and what followed was the man being stabbed in the neck.

Episode 4: July 2008
Woman collaborates with boyfriend to kill husband:

A housewive has been arrested by the police in ogbomoso for collaborating with her boyfriend to kill her own husband. Police arrested Mrs Toyin Adebayo and Musliu Oladimeji for killing mr Olusoji Adebayo at home on a saturday evening. The victims wife who accused her boyfriend of being the devil that made her commit the crime because he persuaded her to use the matchet and kill her husband so they can be alone as lovers. The woman initially claimed that armed robbers invaded their home and killed her husband but police became suspicious when they could not find any evidence of robbery. Her boyfriend is yet to corroborate with the police in the investigation,

Episode 3: June 2008

A housewife, Mrs. Ganiyat Salami, 27, residing at 146, Ipaja Road, Agege, Lagos, has stabbed her husband, Mr. Afeez Salami, to death over disagreement on feeding allowance. P.M.News investigations revealed that the deceased was stabbed to death by the wife during a scuffle which arose over disagreement in the feeding allowance provided by the man.“It all happened on Thursday afternoon when my husband refused to give me the amount he was supposed to give me for our feeding allowance. He fought with me and injured me. Then, I used a bottle to fight him back. I did not know that he was seriously wounded. I did not mean to kill him,” the wife who is now being detained at a cell at the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) told P.M.News. Police sources told P.M.News that the deceased, a bus conductor, was hit in the head with a bottle by his wife who was outraged by the meagre feeding allowance. Mrs. Salami who had three children for the deceased is to be charged for murder soon, a police source told P.M.News.Adebisi Oyebade.

Episode 2: may 2008
Mother throws son into well

FRUIT OF DOOM Woman throws neighbour’s child into well Desperate to have her own baby and the proverbial fruit of the womb, a housewife in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos, has finally plucked a seeming fruit of doom. She has landed in police net where she is now responding to posers as to why she tried to drown a neighbours five-year-old son. The woman who abducted the kid in broad daylight and dumped him in a deep well, claimed that a juju priest (babalawo) advised her to carry out the evil act if she ever wanted to conceive and have her own baby. In compliance with the directive of the said babalawo, the woman, Adijat Shina,25, abducted little Bashiru Suleman, and threw him into a well in her compound, 18 Ibijoke Street, Oregun, Lagos. Bashiru would have been history save for a neighbour who saw Adijat throwing him into the well. The neighbour, a housewife, immediately raised an alarm and people came and rescued the half-drowned Bashiru. Were she not known in the area, Adijat would have been lynched by the angry mob that gathered at the scene. However, civility prevailed and she was taken to Alausa police station alongside another neighbour, Manifa Musa,21, who was alleged to have conspired with her to perfect the act. The case has since been transferred to Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Lagos.

Episode 1: february 2008
Angry woman bites off her lovers genitals.

A man in his late 20s is writhing in pains at a Lagos hospital after his live-in-lover nearly bite off his manhood for bringing another woman into their home. The young man, identified as Femi Sunday from Badagry area, is under sedation at Milla Hospital, Awodura, Ajegunle while the woman identified as Bunmi escaped being lynched by a mob having been rescued by policemen from Ajeromi Police Station. According to neighbours who witnessed the early morning bizarre act, the woman, in her late 30s used her teeth to bite Sunday’s manhood during the fight.

God bless,

From Jumoke Akinade
Baker Hughes
Houston Tx

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by chika98: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2008
I don't listen to generalizations.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by BabyJinx: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2008
Dangerous women for Dangerous man. . . What's the problem again?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2008
We are not dangerous please. Are you Mpele or his sister?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by KarmaMod(f): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2008
Baby Jinx:

grin

No problem jare.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by tpia: 1:26am On Oct 20, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Laurnetta(f): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2008
oh. the women are the same too? great! seriously tho, i've met some pretty neat nigerian women in my time. smiley
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Leilah(f): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2008
I dont blame them grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by tamme: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2009
hiss
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 1:22am On Jul 21, 2009
[b]Well, it doesn't surprise me as unfavourable conditions can impact on everyone e.g. the unfavourable culture/traditions we have in Nigeria that disempowers our women.  If Nigerian women are becoming Monsters as cited above, it can only be blamed on the culture that breeds these unfavourable conditions leading to the antagonism in women.  Nigerian culture/traditions and even its laws, made no provisions/support for women protection or respect thus, our men have no respect whatsoever for women.  Women are considered incapable of any thing else aside, domesticity and baby rearing thus, any achievement by a woman however big or small is never acknowledged or celebrated in Nigeria, why and why not Even as I write this, majority in relationships have no say in decisions about their lives - decisions that would ultimately (good or bad) affect their future and that can not be right.  Because, many are now enlightened, educated and have travelled the world and see difference and now, have a point of reference/comparison, their eyes are opened and they know their rights/expectations within a relationship hence, the issues.
Therefore, this dis-empowering culture that is still being maintained in Nigeria has to change otherwise, our women will continue to fight against these inequalities and injustices until our people see sense. And to that I say, go girls, go, go Nigeria belongs to all of us!!!
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by londoner: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2009
Do you really think it would be difficult to find accounts of women of other cultures who have done the same or worse?

Generalisation is a very unsteady platform to base opinions on.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2009
[b] Generalisation I heard someone say maybe!  However, the truth about our Nigerian traditions/culture and the injustices/inequalities are overt even to the blind.  We can not because, neighbouring countries/cultures can behave in similar fashion or even worse that us and continue with this unfair and wicked culture, that would be stupid.  Why can't Nigeria show good leadership in certain things for a change instead of comparing/emulating from other cultures not in the same league as her?  How pathetic to even think of that let alone, comparing ourselves with cultures not in our league when we claim to be the GIANT OF AFRICA and boy, we really are.  I suppose, we are well travelled people, have more resources, in terms of manpower, high population and to crown it all, more intelligent, and EDUCATED PEOPLE the whole of black Africa or has that now changed?  Again, we are more enlightened, why not lead instead of comparing sheepishly with other cultures no where near our league, think about that[/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2009
hmmm- all these Yoruba women in the original post.

Yoruba women wicked sha.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2009
Theblessed:

[b] Generalisation I heard someone say maybe!  However, the truth about our Nigerian traditions/culture and the injustices/inequalities are overt even to the blind.  We can not because, neighbouring countries/cultures can behave in similar fashion or even worse that us and continue with this unfair and wicked culture, that would be stupid.  Why can't Nigeria show good leadership in certain things for a change instead of comparing/emulating from other cultures not in the same league as her?  How pathetic to even think of that let alone, comparing ourselves with cultures not in our league when we claim to be the GIANT OF AFRICA and boy, we really are.  I suppose, we are well travelled people, have more resources, in terms of manpower, high population and to crown it all, more intelligent, and EDUCATED PEOPLE the whole of black Africa or has that now changed?  Again, we are more enlightened, why not lead instead of comparing sheepishly with other cultures no where near our league, think about that[/b]

Are you supporting domestic violence when it's perpetrated by women?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Are you supporting domestic violence when it's perpetrated by Yoruba women?

Yoruba
women, not all women.

No be you start the thread? abi are all the names there not Yoruba?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by londoner: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2009
@theblesed, even in places outside Africa and in the "developed world", there are plenty of cases of domestic violence both from men and women, just as wicked and worse than those mentioned here.

It seems you have as rosey picture of domestic violence outside of Africa.

Trust me, you are greatly misguided. the only major difference is that there are places to go for help in the west and society generally frowns upon it.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Are you supporting domestic violence when it's perpetrated by women?

[b]How could any body with a heart support domestic violence of any kind whether perpetrated by a man/woman?  You see, I hate it, I hate it and I hate it!  I grew up with my 6 brothers smashing me about because  I was the only girl in the middle of the boys and they can hit and tell me to shut up any time and that led to so many fights with them.  The challenge made me a strong person today as I can defend myself anywhere but that's not really how it should be, should it  Violence is learnt from childhood though, there are some naturally angry and aggressive people and as a result, adults should not do these things where children are about. 

Anyway, my childhood experiences, made me determined never to allow anyone hit me in anger.  Why hit any thing?  You can't even hit a dog, let alone an ADULT?  Why To show you are stronger or powerful?  The person hitting other people would not like to be hit by someone else so, why hit another person??  This was the reason, I was upfront with my fiance when I was getting married, I told him - you see, NO MATTER WHAT I HAD DONE, PLEASE, DON'T HIT ME.  If you want this marriage to last never ever hit me in ANGER even with the smallest finger on your hands because, the day you did, I'll kill you in your sleep with a HAMMER unless, you don't sleep and God knows I really meant it! My husband never laid a finger on me in anger besides, he's not a violent man and I am not a violent person either.  I get angry, I shout and that's really it.  I detest people who smash things in anger, why smash things?? At the end of the day, it's gonna cost money to replace those things you smashed, money you should have invested in other things for the family, how stupid! So, my dear, I do not condone violence in any form or shape because, it's not only wrong, it is unreasonable and unnecessary.[/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2009
Theblessed:
This was the reason, I was upfront with my fiance when I was getting married, I told him - you see, NO MATTER WHAT I HAD DONE, PLEASE, DON'T HIT ME.  If you want this marriage to last never ever hit me in ANGER even with the smallest finger on your hands because, the day you did, I'll kill you in your sleep with a HAMMER unless, you don't sleep and God knows I really meant it!
Chineke! Did you tell your husband same thing?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by GEW: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]How could any body with a heart support domestic violence of any kind whether perpetrated by a man/woman?  You see, I hate it, I hate it and I hate it!  I grew up with my 6 brothers smashing me about because  I was the only girl in the middle of the boys and they can hit and tell me to shut up any time and that led to so many fights with them.  The challenge made me a strong person today as I can defend myself anywhere but that's not really how it should be, should it  Violence is learnt from childhood though, there are some naturally angry and aggressive people and as a result, adults should not do these things where children are about. 

Anyway, my childhood experiences, made me determined never to allow anyone hit me in anger.  Why hit any thing?  You can't even hit a dog, let alone an ADULT?  Why To show you are stronger or powerful?  The person hitting other people would not like to be hit by someone else so, why hit another person??  This was the reason, I was upfront with my fiance when I was getting married, I told him - you see, NO MATTER WHAT I HAD DONE, PLEASE, DON'T HIT ME.  If you want this marriage to last never ever hit me in ANGER even with the smallest finger on your hands because, the day you did, I'll kill you in your sleep with a HAMMER unless, you don't sleep and God knows I really meant it! My husband never laid a finger on me in anger besides, he's not a violent man and I am not a violent person either.  [size=18pt]I get angry, I shout and that's really it.  I detest people who smash things in anger, why smash things??[/size]At the end of the day, it's gonna cost money to replace those things you smashed, money you should have invested in other things for the family, how stupid! So, my dear, I do not condone violence in any form or shape because, it's not only wrong, it is unreasonable and unnecessary.[/b]

why must a blessed personbe angry & shout? it is a matter of time before you start lashing out. ever tried adding the letter D in front of anger?

it is good you know somethings cost money. how much do you think damaged emotions and raised voices cause? can i suggest you add not condoning verbal abuse to violence. it is all wrong. there are better ways to sort out issues than shouting.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
GEW:

why must a blessed personbe angry & shout? it is a matter of time before you start lashing out. ever tried adding the letter D in front of anger?

it is good you know somethings cost money. how much do you think damaged emotions and raised voices cause? can i suggest you add not condoning verbal abuse to violence. it is all wrong. there are better ways to sort out issues than shouting.

she said she shouts rather than hit. How is that a bad thing?

You do know bottling in anger will lead to health problems and especially affect your colon.

Some people say they never get angry (big lie btw) while others do. Everyone is different abeg.

Not everyone is blessed with a passive aggressive or passive passive personality.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
GEW:

why must a blessed personbe angry & shout?  it is a matter of time before you start lashing out.  ever tried adding the letter  D in front of anger?

it is good you know somethings cost money. how much do you think damaged emotions and raised voices cause?  can i suggest you add not condoning verbal abuse to violence. it is all wrong. there are better ways to sort out issues than shouting.

They are the same from my point of view.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Chineke! Did you tell your husband same thing?

Yes, the same guy I married and that settled the matter.  He's never beat me and it wouldn't even cross his mind.  At least, from the onset, we both laid, understood and accepted the GROUND RULES in our marriage and it worked.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

They are the same from my point of view.
[quote][/quote]

[b]PLEEEAAASE, don't press that emotional blackmail button, as it doesn't fit.  Yes, it's natural for women or anyone else to shout in situations that's beyond their control.  Now, tell me which other way can a woman resist the physical power/strength of a man in ANGER if not via her mouth.  In situations like that, a woman need some form of defence for herself and our mouths does that perfectly well for us, as that's the only weapon we have.  It's upto a guy who call himself a real man to walk away - PICK UP YOUR CAR KEYS AND DRIVE OFF - go see friends or do something else instead of sitting around listening to all that comes out of a woman's mouth and eventually be forced to respond to it - usually by hitting and giving her bloody nose. That's wrong! You see, there's a difference between a woman voicing her hurt and targeting verbal abuses at her spouse.  Women only do this in response to their spouse's overt verbal, physical, emotional and financial abuses which they no longer could tolerate.  Thank God I have no such experiences in my marriage - our arguements never lasted more than 5 minutes, anyway! I married a real gentleman - non violent and wouldn't embark on any arguement with a lady.  Yes, he has his flaws in other areas, but not in wife battering - he was well brought up!  No one should batter an ADULT, period!!![/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]PLEEEAAASE, don't press that emotional blackmail button, as it doesn't fit.  Yes, it's natural for women or anyone else to shout in situations that's beyond their control.  Now, tell me which other way can a woman resist the physical power/strength of a man in ANGER if not via her mouth.  In situations like that, a woman need some form of defence for herself and our mouths does that perfectly well for us, as that's the only weapon we have.  It's upto a guy who call himself a real man to walk away - PICK UP YOUR CAR KEYS AND DRIVE OFF - go see friends or do something else instead of sitting around listening to all that comes out of a woman's mouth and eventually be forced to respond to it - usually by hitting and giving her bloody nose. That's wrong! You see, there's a difference between a woman voicing her hurt and targeting verbal abuses at her spouse.  Women only do this in response to their spouse's overt verbal, physical, emotional and financial abuses which they no longer could tolerate.  Thank God I have no such experiences in my marriage - our arguements never lasted more than 5 minutes, anyway! I married a real gentleman - non violent and wouldn't embark on any arguement with a lady.  Yes, he has his flaws in other areas, but not in wife battering - he was well brought up!  No one should batter an ADULT, period!!![/b]
I still don't know why you support women verbally abusing men yet turn around to condemn men beating women. If it's a natural feeling for women to abuse men verbally although some do theirs physically, then men can hide under such defense to physically abuse their wives because it's a natural instinct to react since they can match the woman word for word. There is no precedence to verbal or physical attacks on a spouse. Claiming that women abuse their husbands verbally because of a protracted frustration is ridiculous because they are won't swear they don't frustrate the man in the same measure. It takes two to tango, do what is right and leave the rest for God. Killing a man that beats you in his sleep is heinous no matter what he did to you. You'd be better off walking away than killing him. I wouldn't marry you no matter how I love you if you give me such stern warning because it means that anything besides beating you can trigger you to murder me. there is no excuse whatsoever to commit murder.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by mamagee3(f): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2009
Enough of the ranting
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I still don't know why you support women verbally abusing men yet turn around to condemn men beating women. If it's a natural feeling for women to abuse men verbally although some do theirs physically, then men can hide under such defense to physically abuse their wives because it's a natural instinct to react since they can match the woman word for word. There is no precedence to verbal or physical attacks on a spouse. Claiming that women abuse their husbands verbally because of a protracted frustration is ridiculous because they are won't swear they don't frustrate the man in the same measure. It takes two to tango, do what is right and leave the rest for God. Killing a man that beats you in his sleep is heinous no matter what he did to you. You'd be better off walking away than killing him. I wouldn't marry you no matter how I love you if you give me such stern warning because it means that anything besides beating you can trigger you to murder me. there is no excuse whatsoever to commit murder.

[b]You're concerned, aren't you? I hope you are not an aggressive man, but you seem like one?  Only aggressive men feel threatened by my comment.  I grew up being battered about by my brothers hence my determination never to be battered again.  Because, I take issues with this kind of a thing, I made it clear to my fiance that I won't have it and what the consequences is going to be. He's never done it and won't do it. If you are affraid of dying then, don't do it.  Yes, it heinous killing you in your sleep when your are vulnerable, after years of physical, emotional and mental abuses. But tell me, when next can a woman get that opportunity if not when you are tired and weak - alseep!  That's the right time to teach aggressive men their lessons.  But hey! it's not heinous punching the eyes of a woman you profess to love out out just because you want to prove you are a man, in control and in charge and a woman wouldn't tell you what to do - Ego in action! Well, to that I say, you will prove your last! Why hit somebody you love?  In your commentary above, you said you wouldn't  marry me after the warning - but who said if you didn't, no other man would, eh? Well that warning was a deterrant and it worked - setting the ground rules are important in any relationship at least everyone knows their boundaries.

To start with, I am not a man's punching bag and would not be punched about without fighting back.  Its only cowards that beats women up and beating a woman is not a way to demand respect from her.  You see, I don't care your interpretations of what I had just said.  All I care for is, I hadn't hit you, DON'T HIT ME, else you'd be HISTORY unless, if you don't sleep.  Besides, other aggressive men would learn their lessons from what happened to you - so, it's your choice really, not to go down the aggressive line of punching your punching bag - meeeee!  So, don't do it if I were you. If I had offended you control your anger and do what a gentleman would really do - WALK AWAY!!!  It doesn't demeans you rather it makes you a reasonable and responsible gentleman.[/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by sley4life(m): 4:42am On Jul 24, 2009
we can tame them
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 4:58am On Jul 24, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]You're concerned, aren't you? I hope you are not an aggressive man, but you seem like one?  Only aggressive men feel threatened by my comment.  I grew up being battered about by my brothers hence my determination never to be battered again.  Because, I take issues with this kind of a thing, I made it clear to my fiance that I won't have it and what the consequences is going to be. He's never done it and won't do it. If you are affraid of dying then, don't do it.  Yes, it heinous killing you in your sleep when your are vulnerable, after years of physical, emotional and mental abuses. But tell me, when next can a woman get that opportunity if not when you are tired and weak - alseep!  That's the right time to teach aggressive men their lessons.  But hey! it's not heinous punching the eyes of a woman you profess to love out out just because you want to prove you are a man, in control and in charge and a woman wouldn't tell you what to do - Ego in action! Well, to that I say, you will prove your last! Why hit somebody you love?  In your commentary above, you said you wouldn't  marry me after the warning - but who said if you didn't, no other man would, eh? Well that warning was a deterrant and it worked - setting the ground rules are important in any relationship at least everyone knows their boundaries.

To start with, I am not a man's punching bag and would not be punched about without fighting back.  Its only cowards that beats women up and beating a woman is not a way to demand respect from her.  You see, I don't care your interpretations of what I had just said.  All I care for is, I hadn't hit you, DON'T HIT ME, else you'd be HISTORY unless, if you don't sleep.  Besides, other aggressive men would learn their lessons from what happened to you - so, it's your choice really, not to go down the aggressive line of punching your punching bag - meeeee!  So, don't do it if I were you. If I had offended you control your anger and do what a gentleman would really do - WALK AWAY!!!  It doesn't demeans you rather it makes you a reasonable and responsible gentleman.[/b]

Yes I am concerned that someone is walking around looking for an excuse to murder someone. You said, walk away isn't it?. Why won't you be the one to walk away instead of killing the man?.

Assuming you have a female neighbour who slaps you during a female quarreling, will you also monitor her and murder her in her sleep if the opportunity comes?. You are calling me a woman beater all b/c i stood against murder. Will you clap for any woman that murders your son that same way?. Let me tell you, because your husband is not complaining doesn't mean he is not being abused. If he proceeded to marry you after the murder warning, then something must be wrong with that man you call your husband.

I ask you again, if your husband told you that he will murder you in your sleep if you ever abuse him verbally or physically, will you have married him?.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by BlackRevo: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I ask you again, if your husband told you that he will murder you in your sleep if you ever abuse him verbally or physically, will you have married him?.

That was a very tough question, Giving conditions that are not negotiable is not healthy in marriages.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Yes I am concerned that someone is walking around looking for an excuse to murder someone. You said, walk away isn't it?. Why won't you be the one to walk away instead of killing the man?.

Assuming you have a female neighbour who slaps you during a female quarreling, will you also monitor her and murder her in her sleep if the opportunity comes?. You are calling me a woman beater all b/c i stood against murder. Will you clap for any woman that murders your son that same way?. Let me tell you, because your husband is not complaining doesn't mean he is not being abused. If he proceeded to marry you after the murder warning, then something must be wrong with that man you call your husband.

[b]Well, my son is a gentleman.  Having a mother like me, can only deduce he loves women and, has massive respect for them.  No 'HELL' in the world would make him pick a fight with a woman, no hell.
He is far, far and far above that besides, from whom and where did he learn that?  He would never bring himself down to that level.  To a level, where a woman would hurt him because of violence Nooooo! As whether I would marry a man that warned me about violent behaviour, let me tell you this, nothing would stop me from marying a man am in love with, nothing! In fact, the warning indicates a peaceful person that needs a harmonious and non -violent enviromment for his family. 
Hey, you didn't see that, did you? What you were able to identify was the aggression in the woman and not her need for quality home life.  Again, it's illogical on your part to even consider that the nice innocent looking girl down the road, that you left me to marry, could not turn out to be a killing machine herself.  You didn't realise that, did you?  Of course not, and that's beyond me if you'd leave somebody just because they warned you of their need for a peaceful and harmonious married life.  Whatever happened to the saying  the 'Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know', I wonder!! Warning you about aggressive behaviour is to deter you from actually doing it especially, if the person is a 'HELL' bent control freak that batters a woman in order to show he can assert control and authority as a 'man'.  However, such behaviour can only lead to one thing - stopping you in your tracks for good and that would be the end of her nightmare as you'd never come back again to hurt her and the children!
As for your query about my darling husband, it only confirms my assumptions about you - that you are 'a violent and aggressive man' with perhaps, entrenched violent behaviour that no DEGREE of Counselling/therapy could help and I'm sorry for the woman that would end up with you!  Because, you are certain you can not change, that's why you are quite concerned you might end up with a woman that might not tolerate any form of violence from you and thus, give you as good as she gets.

Well, this lady does not tolerate that kind of SH-T, in or out of a relationship. You see, 'Respect' begets 'Respect.'  My husband has not given me any reasons, not to respect him.  All the time we'd been married, he'd never laid a finger on me and wouldn't dream of it let alone cheating on me and, men like that, have no respect whatsoever for their women and therefore, deserve the extreme anger of a woman scorned. I hope they learn their lessons from what's happening to other people.[/b]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by AloyEmeka9: 2:24am On Jul 25, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Well, my son is a gentleman.  Having a mother like me, can only deduce he loves women and, has massive respect for them.  No 'HELL' in the world would make him pick a fight with a woman, no hell.
He is far, far and far above that besides, from whom and where did he learn that?  He would never bring himself down to that level.  To a level, where a woman would hurt him because of violence Nooooo! As whether I would marry a man that warned me about violent behaviour, let me tell you this, nothing would stop me from marying a man am in love with, nothing! In fact, the warning indicates a peaceful person that needs a harmonious and non -violent enviromment for his family. 
Hey, you didn't see that, did you? What you were able to identify was the aggression in the woman and not her need for quality home life.  Again, it's illogical on your part to even consider that the nice innocent looking girl down the road, that you left me to marry, could not turn out to be a killing machine herself.  You didn't realise that, did you?  Of course not, and that's beyond me if you'd leave somebody just because they warned you of their need for a peaceful and harmonious married life.  Whatever happened to the saying  the 'Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know', I wonder!! Warning you about aggressive behaviour is to deter you from actually doing it especially, if the person is a 'HELL' bent control freak that batters a woman in order to show he can assert control and authority as a 'man'.  However, such behaviour can only lead to one thing - stopping you in your tracks for good and that would be the end of her nightmare as you'd never come back again to hurt her and the children!
As for your query about my darling husband, it only confirms my assumptions about you - that you are 'a violent and aggressive man' with perhaps, entrenched violent behaviour that no DEGREE of Counselling/therapy could help and I'm sorry for the woman that would end up with you!  Because, you are certain you can not change, that's why you are quite concerned you might end up with a woman that might not tolerate any form of violence from you and thus, give you as good as she gets.

Well, this lady does not tolerate that kind of SH-T, in or out of a relationship. You see, 'Respect' begets 'Respect.'  My husband has not given me any reasons, not to respect him.  All the time we'd been married, he'd never laid a finger on me and wouldn't dream of it let alone cheating on me and, men like that, have no respect whatsoever for their women and therefore, deserve the extreme anger of a woman scorned.  I hope they learn their lessons from what's happening to other people.[/b]

All these yada yada yada is becoming boring.

1. You said that your 6 or more brothers beat the hell out of you as a child and abused you. That is why I am not surprised at the level of bile in you. Brothers usually protect their sisters and it's strange to see a family where the boys beat their sisters to the point of damaging their emotional balance. The anger in you in what is making you paranoid, There is nothing like the devil you know in this situation because you wouldn't invite a stranger that threatens to shoot you at the middle of the night should you provoke him. Something is not right here and I think you need to seek professional help so that God can deliver you from this problem. You fall into the same category of those that suffered abuse from their dad etc.

2. Many men that beat women did not learn it from anybody. In the same way, women that beat men did not learn it from anybody. All those children that grow up to become armed robbers, 419 or ashawo did not learn it from your parents. Pray tell your son will not find himself in the company of a bitter woman who may not hesitate to use her gun this time around because your son cheated on her or better still provoked her.

3. I am an angry woman beater. Telling you that it's unhealthy to think of murdering your fellow human being makes me a woman beater?. I don't care what the person did, even if he raped, murdered your child, used your husband for juju etc. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE A LIFE NO MATTER HOW SMALL AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE PERSON DID TO YOU. grin . Just like you figured that I am a woman beater, i do think you've murdered someone before and that's why the word murder sounds like 'time out" to you.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Becoming Monsters by Theblessed(f): 1:04am On Jul 26, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

All these yada yada yada is becoming boring.

1.  You said that your 6 or more brothers beat the hell out of you as a child and abused you. That is why I am not surprised at the level of bile in you. Brothers usually protect their sisters and it's strange to see a family where the boys beat their sisters to the point of damaging their emotional balance. The anger in you in what is making you paranoid, There is nothing like the devil you know in this situation because you wouldn't invite a stranger that threatens to shoot you at the middle of the night should you provoke him. Something is not right here and I think you need to seek professional help so that God can deliver you from this problem. You fall into the same category of those that suffered abuse from their dad etc.

2.  Many men that beat women did not learn it from anybody. In the same way, women that beat men did not learn it from anybody. All those children that grow up to become armed robbers, 419 or ashawo did not learn it from your parents. Pray tell your son will not find himself in the company of a bitter woman who may not hesitate to use her gun this time around because your son cheated on her or better still provoked her.

3. I am an angry woman beater. Telling you that it's unhealthy to think of murdering your fellow human being makes me a woman beater?. I don't care what the person did, even if he raped, murdered your child, used your husband for juju etc.  YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE A LIFE NO MATTER HOW SMALL AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE PERSON DID TO YOU.  grin . Just like you figured that I am a woman beater, i do think you've murdered someone before and that's why the word murder sounds like 'time out" to you.

[b]Well, if you are frightened of your life, RESPECT WOMEN, period! Then, you won't have your life flash in your face, you better know that before it's too late for you.  My son would never put himself in a precarious situation with a woman - where did he learn that?  It's evident that, 'CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY SEE ADULTS DO', obviously, you are ignorant of that fact.  Goes to show how illogical you are when you pose these questions, I quote 'Many men that beat women did not learn it from anybody.  In the same way, women that beat men did not learn it from anybody. All those children that grow up to become armed robbers, 419 or ashawo did not learn it from your parents'. 

Pity you still haven't hark it, have you  Children learn these things from adults/events around them, ok!  That is, observing violence, threats, intimidation, name calling etc and now as ADULTS, these traits are manifesting themselves because, they were exposed to them and never learned how to control their emotions in childhood therefore, they lash out at whoever upsets them that's how they learn it, ok!!! 

You said I have murdered someone before well, don't you know that?? 
Yoooooooooou!!!!! And I wouldn't hasitate to do it all over again, if someone like you continue to physically, emotionally and psychologically abuse me, they'd be game - no quelms! So, RESPECT!  As for needing professional help, if the wife batterer himself doesn't need help who else?  You are the one doing the battering, and imagine the lady being battered seeking professional help, that's wonderful.lol!!!!!

Anyway, the message is: DON'T HURT ME, I WON'T HURT YOU either. RESPECT!!!
[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibibio Has A Good Cultural Orientation. / Translate Benin To English / The History Of Ipe Akoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.