Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad (9677 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2008
Have you met Naija or other National's celebrity in the Plane, at airports Anywhere?

Where, When and How ?

Lets share that here.

I have met a number of them

1) Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe

Met him at Lagos airport May 2002. We were on the same flight from London. I didnt even take notice of him until the usual chorus "Sai baba" rented the crowd. People were shaking his hand but i dodge doing that because of my reservation for him on June 12 Presidential election.

## Kingibe was Abiola's deputy to that election##

Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by LondonCool(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2008
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by ikamefa(f): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2008
Muyi Authentic in ibadan!
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by agaba123(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
LondonCool:

My list is long

Jose Bosinwa and Paulo Fereira-Chelsea players last week
Hugh Masekela-Jazz musician
John Barnes-Jamaican coach and ex-England player-last week
David Hayes- UK World Boxing champion
Boris Johnson-Mayor of London
The whole Chelsea squad including Jose Monrinho (twice ).
Alexander O'neal- US R&B musician
Dr Gamaliel Onosode.
Clemens Westerfhoff
Dione Warwick

to be updated

You forgot you met me also?
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by chika98: 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2008
I saw Sophia Ogunaedo at Heal throw Airport once.
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by ty4real(m): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
I cant even remember seeing anybody well maybe I actually met a celebrity at heathrow airport and that is in the person of ty4real! grin grin
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2008
2) Gov Bukola and Dr Olusola Saraki

@Heathrow Airport

I was socked to see Oloye and son few hours after governorship election.

What kind of confidence they get!

They dont even bother if there will be rigging of his votes. Anyway sha, Oloye had pocketed Kwara since 1979 cry

Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2008
3) Alhaji Kollington Ayinla

Fuji Meastro

@Heathrow.

Thank God the day did not turn out to be the worst on lucrative Lagos/London route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mEYMQj_14
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2008
@LC

You be chelsean?
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2008
4) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

5) Mama Bakassi

## Will not like to mention the place
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by TOYOSI20(f): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2008
Michelle from Destiny's child she was real cool, kiss, she took pictures and signed autographs for peps. . . ,  smiley

and some others. . . . . .

Can't really think of rite now. . . . . ,  undecided
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by presido1: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2008
chika98:

I saw Sophia Ogunaedo at Heal throw Airport once.
Haa u too waka, .
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Sammy107d(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
seems like everybody has met segun arinze or charly boy @ some airport somewhere. from south afric 2 saudi
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by funkybaby(f): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello on an Arik airline flight from Lagos to Abuja

Geez! That woman is UGLY !  grin shocked

Akon. . .at Gatwick airport

He is alot darker than how he appears in his musical videos  grin

OJB, Marvelous Benji, Basket mouth and some other wack Naija artists on a Chachangi flight from Abuja to Lagos
Apparently, there were on their way back to Lagos after a concert or whatever at Abuja

Jide Kosoko  grin
Yoruba actor . . . smiled and shook hands with a lot of people on the Virgin aeroplane  enroute gatwick to lagos

Chimaroke Nnamani
Former Enugu state governor. He is alot older than that his ''babyface'' picture that was on his campaign posters and adverts.

will post others when i remember
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by omoge(f): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2008
Wole Soyinka: i used to think he is a very tall guy but not really. look so cool cool
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by femigirl(f): 12:31am On Oct 20, 2008
I met alot of famous people

meet annie lennox at port authority in New York

Jon Bon jovi in Time square

Richard Branson in hotel and bought me and my friends drinks, very nice guy.

met the whole cast of SoulFood in LA

Trevor Macdonald at Chelsea game

David Beckenham

Brian lara in Trindad
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by LondonCool(m): 12:36am On Oct 20, 2008
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by kadman(m): 1:09am On Oct 20, 2008
LL Cool J

Muritala Muhammad Airport,when he was going back to US

Kate Moss

Not at an airport,but in Top Shop,when she was modeling her new clothing line.
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 1:28am On Oct 20, 2008
@LC

So you be Gunner cry

I hope you no go give my boys food poisoning o.

Only God knows when you go reply my mail o.
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Akolawole(m): 1:33am On Oct 20, 2008
6) Gbenga Adeyinka 1st (Commedian)

Dressed in Arsenal shirt, had a lot of hand luggage, has to drop off some in the bin.

@Gatwick Airport

7) Chief Oladipo Diya

Abacha's Deputy.

Met him at South Kesington station few years ago.
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by rikkyjen(m): 2:55am On Oct 20, 2008
Rita Dominc.

We took the same Delta flight from Atlanta to Lagos. Nobody even send am. lol grin grin

It was until we got to the MMA airport in lagos that the airport Touts were calling "Momma d Momma" lol and 1 or 2 little girls were asking for autographs
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Busybody2(f): 4:22am On Oct 20, 2008
rikkyjen:

Rita Dominc.

We took the same Delta flight from Atlanta to Lagos. Nobody even send am. lol grin grin

It was until we got to the MMA airport in lagos that the airport Touts were calling "Momma d Momma" lol and 1 or 2 little girls were asking for autographs

ROFLMBO grin grin grin
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by megastu(m): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2008
Then Zamfara Governor has met me. He was priviledged to fly first class with me, on a local flight from Lagos to Abuja.

P-Square and his crew also flew with me aboard SA Airways to South Africa (Economy class)

Mark Morrison ( Remember that song, return of the mark) sat with me on an easy jet flight-Amsterdam -Geneva.

Lucky Igbinedion wanted to speak with me on a flight, Lagos -London. However, i tried hard for them not to realise that it was Megastu of Nairaland otherwise they would have mobbed me.

Ciao
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Gamine(f): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2008
First Class Abuja-Lagos, 45minutes flight

Such pretentious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by lucabrasi(m): 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
met chris uba in a shop on edgeware road summer of 2006

eguavoen same flight to nigeria from uk last year

don jazzy-just there
d banj-funny guy,really cool and down to earth
jim iyke -in a club near docklands-snubbed me and i abused him grin
governor akala-in manchester
olagunsoye oyinlola(sun state)london
atiku abubakar-north london(nw)
ibb-same shop in edgeware road near the hilton hotel
obasanjo-during the campaign for his first term
adedibu like almost ten years ago now meen that man is scary
chief ayoku of golden gate before he died in london
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by femigirl(f): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2008
Basketmouth in one party in ikeja

sir shina peters in london

2face, tony teuila met them in so many place

Rick james on rodeo drive
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2008
Joseph Yobo - Houston
Beyonce - Houston
Kanu Nwankwo - MMA
Okocha - MMA
John Kerry - UofH
Hillary Clinton - Scranton, PA
Basket Mouth - Houston
Lagbaja - Lafayette
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by chika98: 12:39am On Oct 21, 2008
Presido: Mr ochokwu. Kedu?
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by Ezinwannem: 4:04am On Oct 21, 2008
Chioma Chukwuka-went to school with her
2face and his bro-Toronto
Majek Fashek-Toronto , him and 2face performed
VIP (Ghanaian group)-Toronto
Sauce Kid-Toronto,
Ngozi Nwosu (Naija actress)- Toronto
Banky W-Toronto so many times
Eldee-Toronto so many times
Riz Nwosu aka Mr. Flex- Toronto
David Miller-City of Toronto Mayor and his council (am actually undergoing a mentorship/job shadowing program with them right now)
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by ASL33: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2008
hhahahahaha celebrity ko and ni
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by presido1: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2008
Why is ma name not in the list of the Celebs, So non of you have met me before.
This is unacceptable. wink wink Even you Chika, Akola and L'cool.
Now am  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ok I suspect you guys don't know itz presido you met.

chika98:

Presido: Mr ochokwu. Kedu?
Itz all good, the ticket date is 27th, cool cool cool open return.
Re: Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad by damiso(f): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2008
Pastor Matthew Asimolowo at Heathrow airport
Ayo Adesanya at stratford station-she was really cool headed,was pleasantly suprised
John Momoh at MMA
Salawa Abeni on the same flight from london to nigeria
John Fashanu and Pastor Paul Adefarasin on BA flight-dem dey first class so na for boarding gate we jam.chei me sef go enter dat first class one day by God's grace

Gaus Obaseki(then managing director of NNPC)at nicon office in worship street london- mom used to work there so sent me to see someone.i chop out of naija money dat day han wish i could bring back those omode times when i was always dashed money.I get money dat time pass now when i dey work sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Airline Has The Best Cabin Crew? / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees / Top 5 Easiest Ways To Travel Abroad / Out Of Nigeria Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.