Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? (3736 Views)

So Far, Buhari Looks Like A “Dogo Yaro” - Dr Wumi Akintide (Sahara reporters) / Rich And Handsome! Governor Fayose’s Son Looks Like A Prince In New Photos / So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Btruth: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Gaddaffi’s Last Formal
Speech To the People of Libya

In the name of Allah, the beneficent,
the merciful…
For 40 years, or was it longer, I
can’t remember, I did all I could to give
people houses, hospitals, schools, and
when they were hungry, I gave them
food. I even made Benghazi into
farmland from the desert.
I stood up to attacks from that cowboy
Ronald Reagan, when he killed my
adopted orphaned daughter, he was
trying to kill me, instead he killed that
poor innocent child. Then I helped my
brothers and sisters from Africa with
money for the African Union.
I did all I could to help people
Understand the concept of real
democracy, where people’s committees
ran our country. But that was never
enough, as some told me, even people
who had 10 room homes, new suits and
furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish
as they were they wanted more.
They told Americans and other visitors,
that they needed “democracy” and
“freedom” never realizing it was a cut
throat system where “the biggest dog eats
the rest”, but they were enchanted with
those words, never realizing that in
America, there was no free medicine, no
free hospitals, no free housing, no free
education and no free food, except when
people had to beg or go to long lines to
get soup.
No matter what I did, it was never
enough for some, but for others, they
knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel
Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim
leader we’ve had since Salah-al-Deen,
when he claimed the Suez Canal for his
people, as I claimed Libya, for my people,
it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to
keep my people free from colonial
domination – from thieves who would
steal from us.
Now, I am under attack by the biggest
force in military history, my little African
son, Obama wants to kill me, to take
away the freedom of our country, to take
away our free housing, our free
medicine, our free education, our free
food, and replace it with American style
thievery called “capitalism”, but all of us
in the Third World know what that
means, it means corporations run the
countries, run the world, and the people
suffer.
So, there is no alternative for me, I must
make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I
shall die by following His path, the path
that has made our country rich with
farmland, with food and health, and
even allowed us to help our African and
Arab brothers and sisters.
I do not wish to die, but if it comes to
that, to save this land, my people, all the
thousands who are all my children, then
so be it.
Let this testament be my voice to the
world, that I stood up to crusader attacks
of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stoop up to
betrayal, stood up to the West and its
colonialist ambitions, and that I stood
with my African brothers, my true Arab
and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of
light.
When others were building castles, I
lived in a modest house, and in a tent. I
never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not
spend our national treasury foolishly,
and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim
leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam,
I took little for myself…
In the West, some have called me
“mad”, “crazy”, but they know the truth
yet continue to lie, they know that our
land is independent and free, not in the
colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is,
and has been clear and for my people
and that I will fight to my last breath to
keep us free, may Allah almighty help us
to remain faithful and free.
– Mu’ammar Qaddafi.

Facts about Libya under Muammar
Gaddafi
• There was no electricity bills in Libya;
electricity is free … for all its citizens.

• There was no interest on loans, banks
in Libya are state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

• If a Libyan is unable to find
employment after graduation, the state
would pay the average salary of the
profession as if he or she is employed
until employment is found.

• Should Libyans want to take up a
farming career, they receive farm land, a
house, equipment, seed and livestock to
kick start their farms –this was all for
free.

• Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest
irrigation project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water
readily available throughout the desert
country.

• A home was considered a human right
in Libya. (In Qaddafi’s Green Book it
states: “The house is a basic need of both
the individual and the family, therefore
it should not be owned by others.”)

• All newlyweds in Libya would receive
60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the
government to buy their first apartment
so to help start a family.

• A portion of Libyan oil sales is or was
credited directly to the bank accounts of
all Libyan citizens.

• A mother who gives birth to a child
would receive US $5,000.

• When a Libyan buys a car, the
government would subsidizes 50% of
the price.

• The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14
per liter.

• For $ 0.15, a Libyan local could
purchase 40 loaves of bread.

• Education and medical treatments was
all free in Libya. Libya can boast one of
the finest health care systems in the Arab
and African World. All people have
access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and
medicines, completely free of charge.

• If Libyans cannot find the education or
medical facilities they need in Libya, the
government would fund them to go
abroad for it – not only free but they get
US $2,300/month accommodation and car
allowance.

• 25% of Libyans have a university
degree. Before Gaddafi only 25% of
Libyans were literate. Today the figure is
87%.

• Libya had no external debt and its
reserves amount to $150 billion – though
much of this is now frozen globally.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by sova(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2014
That was what d western world saw nd dey castigate im....They knew if he had succeeded,africa woulld av rule d world again.

10 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Libya's reserves may well be in excess of $150Billion , that is the figure they Western press are telling the world.

They have frozen all his investments around the world and may have permanently stolen them

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by chukxie(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2014
America and its allies knew what they were doing when they instigated Libyans against Gaddafi. Unfortunately most Libyans were clueless to the real intentions of America and its co - conspirators of evil. Look at the pitiful state Libya has descended into. Before the capture and subsequent killing of Gaddafi most Libyans never experienced hunger or what it felt like to be without basic amenities. But now hunger, lack, insecurity and insurgency have become commonplace in Libya. Just recently America shut down its Embassy in Libya because the country has gotten too unsafe for even 'mighty' America to allow its citizens to remain in it. The long and expensive CIA covet missions to overthrow Gaddafi and plunge Libya into cataclysmic chaos has been achieved. So, the natural thing to do was to close shop and head home. Libya's fragile security body has been left alone to battle raising insurgency and incessant fighting between different armed militias. I'm sure a lot of Libyans who supported the removal and subsequent killing of Gaddafi are regretting their actions. Libya under Gaddafi was a prosperous, independent and powerful country. Libyans never lacked anything. The government provided everything they wanted. Hundreds of thousands of migrants and expats called Libya home. Today, sadly, the story is different all because of rapaciousness and jealousy by America and its allies. Look around the world and all you see is chaos caused by America. Look at Egypt. Look at Iraq. Look at Afghanistan. Iraq was a prosperous country under Saddam Hussein. His high handedness brought remarkable peace between Sunni and Shia Muslims; Kurds; Christians and other minorities. However, since the overthrowing, incarceration and subsequent hanging of Saddam Hussein Iraq has had little or no peace. The country is now divided along sectarian lines between Sunni and Shia Muslims. Suicide bombings have become ubiquitous. Hardly a day passes by without the news of someone killing innocent Iraqis by blowing himself/herself up. Just recently, the most dreaded terrorist group the world has ever seen [IS] registered its presence by taking control of large swathes of land in Iraq, by killing Christians and beheading anyone whose ideology was different from theirs. All these and more tragedies were caused by the greediness of America and its allies. Egypt is going through a difficult phase in its history and America and its allies are standing by as Egypt plunges into disarray.God will judge all deeds committed by man!

17 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Btruth: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
I think other African leaders should learn from this that no western government is to be trusted in solving their problems. Take for example, the case of the Boko Haram in nigeria, Nigeria government should try all his best in solving this problem without bringing in the international forces to assist them. God will save Africa from the western world. How I pity the Libyans now.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Gozzzy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thunder fire obama!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by stevecantrell: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Libyans are hot-headed , irrational folks. I know a few of them.

If GEJ provided even half of these things, Nigerians would hit the streets and proclaim him president for life !

10 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Chubhie: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
He was a Great leader and the last of his kind. Died for what he believed in. Now, his spirit hunts and taunts libya till the end of times. I also enjoyed some libian Dinar and some correspondences from tripoli and bengazi when the going was good.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Lordlexyy: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
A third world country surely don't appreciate the essence of freedom. What is shelter, cloth, money and other free gifts from gov't when your personal freedom is subjected? What were those free this, free that when Libyans were constantly living in terror? Libyans didn't have a say of their own. Gaddaffis men, sons, relatives and aids were running everything while Libyans were constantly being monitored against making any remark on the head of state. It was hell in Libya. They were practically living in a cage without the right to make contributions or express themselves. Life is not all about houses, cars, free medical or school. Life is about expression and freedom of association. We shouldn't become too conscious of material things against our personal rights and opinions. It's even on record that Ghadafi was a major sponsor of Islamic terrorists. Those were among some of the reasons he was toppled. Like every other sectarian upheaval definitely, his loyalists who were thrusted out would want to farment trouble hence the skirmashes in Libya. Libyans deserve times ten(10) what Ghadafi was offering considering their population and the interest accrue to their oil. For those who don't know, it was in Ghadafis' plan to rule and Islamised Africa funding several terrorist arms. Ghadafi was like an over spoilt child with too much money to throw around without caution. The west saw into his threat and did the needful. Hopefuly, Libyans will bounce back stronger than before from this jihadist.

9 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by chukxie(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chubhie: He was a Great leader and the last of his kind. Died for what he believed in. Now, his spirit hunts and taunts libya till the end of times. I also enjoyed some libian Dinar and some correspondences from tripoli and bengazi when the going was good.

You're spot on, bro. One of my cousins lived in Libya from 1998 to 2000. He made a lot of money washing cars in Bengazi and Tripoli. He said the place was like Europe. Thunder fire bad people wey destabilise Libya.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by DJDOLA(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lordlexyy: A third world country surely don't appreciate the essence of freedom. What is shelter, cloth, money and other free gifts from gov't when your personal freedom is subjected? What were those free this, free that when Libyans were constantly living in terror? Libyans didn't have a say of their own. Gaddaffis men, sons, relatives and aids were running everything while Libyans were constantly being monitored against making any remark on the head of state. It was hell in Libya. They were practically living in a cage without the right to make contributions or express themselves. Life is not all about houses, cars, free medical or school. Life is about expression and freedom of association. We shouldn't become too conscious of material things against our personal rights and opinions. It's even on record that Ghadafi was a major sponsor of Islamic terrorists. Those were among some of the reasons he was toppled. Like every other sectarian upheaval definitely, his loyalists who were thrusted out would want to farment trouble hence the skirmashes in Libya. Libyans deserve times ten(10) what Ghadafi was offering considering their population and the interest accrue to their oil. For those who don't know, it was in Ghadafis' plan to rule and Islamised Africa funding several terrorist arms. Ghadafi was like an over spoilt child with too much money to throw around without caution. The west saw into his threat and did the needful. Hopefuly, Libyans will bounce back stronger than before from this jihadist.
hey u keep quiet and learn from people that no....have u travel out of nigeria before

10 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by DJDOLA(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lordlexyy: A third world country surely don't appreciate the essence of freedom. What is shelter, cloth, money and other free gifts from gov't when your personal freedom is subjected? What were those free this, free that when Libyans were constantly living in terror? Libyans didn't have a say of their own. Gaddaffis men, sons, relatives and aids were running everything while Libyans were constantly being monitored against making any remark on the head of state. It was hell in Libya. They were practically living in a cage without the right to make contributions or express themselves. Life is not all about houses, cars, free medical or school. Life is about expression and freedom of association. We shouldn't become too conscious of material things against our personal rights and opinions. It's even on record that Ghadafi was a major sponsor of Islamic terrorists. Those were among some of the reasons he was toppled. Like every other sectarian upheaval definitely, his loyalists who were thrusted out would want to farment trouble hence the skirmashes in Libya. Libyans deserve times ten(10) what Ghadafi was offering considering their population and the interest accrue to their oil. For those who don't know, it was in Ghadafis' plan to rule and Islamised Africa funding several terrorist arms. Ghadafi was like an over spoilt child with too much money to throw around without caution. The west saw into his threat and did the needful. Hopefuly, Libyans will bounce back stronger than before from this jihadist.
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by hunthsmankennel: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
and you all swallowed this hook line and sinker. if the govt was so saintly and generous why were the majority willing pawns in this crazy conspiracy theory

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Chubhie: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
chukxie:

You're spot on, bro. One of my cousins lived in Libya from 1998 to 2000. He made a lot of money washing cars in Bengazi and Tripoli. He said the place was like Europe. Thunder fire bad people wey destabilise Libya.
libya was good and there was dignity of labour. My family member worked with meda elec before he landed some juicy offers from a company that got contracts to lay pipelines across d desert. His take home made brain that there was no way 1000 dols no go enter my hand monthly cos I was in sch then. A month after he got d offer the war started and those rebels got to him and accused him of working for ghadafi. He showed papers and spoke some arabs still the rebels kept him cos they were afraid Ghadafi troops gonna arm him. I had plenty sleepless nights then and constantly calling libya to make sure he was still alive. I too call tunis,egypt,algerian embassies to notify them of where he was being held in misirata. I never prayed as I did then. Even my mum thought he has been killed. Menh it was hell. When gadafi troops was headed to misirata to crush em rebels I knew it was the end even the rebels that never wanted external help called for intervention. He was among those rescued with the turkish ship that came to misirata and he landed in ghana. He do tell me tales of how the rebels pointed guns and almost shot him. He latter became the camp leader of all blacks held and reports to the rebel leader. He even told me of how he lead a protest In d camp when medicals were not forth coming for sick ones. Who does that! He gives me first hand gist bout libya cos he lived there over 15years and comes home once a year. Libya is gone now.

8 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Chubhie: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
hunthsmankennel: and you all swallowed this hook line and sinker. if the govt was so saintly and generous why were the majority willing pawns in this crazy conspiracy theory
Libyians wanted to go to the clubs and watch N aked women and drink booze. That is their definition of freedom and now they are gonna enjoy every bit of it. Gadahfi had his short falls but as a Nationalistic leader you can't fault him. If our own govt can only give the masses constant electricity all good and well cos d masses never asked for too much. Libyan freedom and Nigeria freedom which would you wish for?
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by chukxie(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
hunthsmankennel: and you all swallowed this hook line and sinker. if the govt was so saintly and generous why were the majority willing pawns in this crazy conspiracy theory

Take a look at the world and tell me which government is completely "saintly and generous". Gaddafi had his faults as do all presidents and leaders. However, in spite of his dictatorial tendencies, outlandish lifestyle and bric-a-brac, he never failed to provide basic amenities for his people. They had free and good schools, had money in their pockets, had more than enough food to eat, had free houses to live in, they paid next to nothing for gas, electricity was free, had free medical care etc. How has the country fared since the death of Gaddafi? We all know the answer to this question.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chubhie:
Libya is gone now.

This is the most painful part.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
chukxie:

Take a look at the world and tell me which government is completely "saintly and generous". Gaddafi had his faults as do all presidents and leaders. However, in spite of his dictatorial tendencies, outlandish lifestyle and bric-a-brac, he never failed to provide basic amenities for his people. They had free and good schools, had money in their pockets, had more than enough food to eat, had free houses to live in, they paid next to nothing for gas, electricity was free, had free medical care etc. How has the country fared since the death of Gaddafi? We all know the answer to that question.

Nigerians will soon enjoy the type of freedom the libyans are currently experiencing at the moment and will then compare their before/after notes to know which was better.
We are getting there.
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Longeria(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Unfortunately, the next country under American's destruction radar is Nigeria. First, through CIA, they formed and funded boko haram to create the needed Instability that will force Nigeria to call for their intervention. Unfortunately for them, they met an intellectual power house in Jonathan who tactically resisted them to a fault. I know that people will disagree with me on this but that is always their tactics. If anybody still remember the zeal at which America mobilized the whole world to promote #BringBackOurGirls protest world wide, you will be deceived that they care a bit about the girls, but to pressure the govt to accept their so called "HELP", the kind they rendered to Iraq, Pakistan, libya Egypt etc. Since they've been here, have the girls rescued? No. Their plan will fail in Nigeria by God's grace.

16 Likes

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by gbadexy(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
There was a country aptly describes libya.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by mlanreh: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
This Americans and it's elite Keeping my arms crossed nd waiting patiently for the fall of this so called America wen Russia president Putin and North korea president descend on them
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by christejames(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
So touching!!! He provided for his people, made oasis out of the dry desert for his thirsty people. The only sin he committed (according to the westerners) was that he was "power drunk" ...Even the capitalism that the westerners wants us (Africans) to adopt is another form of colonialism (neo-colonialism) because instead of bridging the gap between the rich and poor, its (capitalism) even widening the already created gap. This made to remember this book "how Europe underdeveloped Africa" by Walter Rodney. Rest in peace general gaddafi!!!
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by iamord(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
I feel sad being reminded about his story..that it makes me want to cry...what a leader! It will take years before another one comes by.. If you look @ all the great african leaders .. That tried to make difference.. The likes of gadaffi.. Lumbuma .. Nkrumah.. They were all cut off by this same old elite.. Which are the zionist and freemasons.. They did the same thing against germany which helped to fire the second world war..the capitalist movement is a big deception .. But sincerely this men would have gone far only if we blacks are one, gadaffi could have survived if the AU leaders planned tto hide him.. But majority of them are puppets and are scared. This behaviour will cost us a lot like it has already done.. I pray to see a free and prosperous africa.. That has to start with disipline from within
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by cirmuell(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
they have no idea, some already praising that niccur already.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by lorRhyMeZ: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
stevecantrell: Libyans are hot-headed , irrational folks. I know a few of them.

If GEJ provided even half of these things, Nigerians would hit the streets and proclaim him president for life !

Half keh?! Half will be too much for comfort na..it will b like living in heaven while on earth for many grin. Let GEJ even do quarter,we will b very happy still.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Isiterere(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Change is a constant thing...
Nigeria Economy will not run down if unemployed graduate or aged people are been paid monthly allowance.
But Okonjo Iweala said given ASUU all what they required and asked for will rundown the economy.. Yeye dey smell
I pity the Libyans nowadays

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Isiterere(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
byrron:

Nigerians will soon enjoy the type of freedom the libyans are currently experiencing at the moment and will then compare their before/after notes to know which was better.
We are getting there.

Guy pls which TENSES is this, past,present or future tense ?

Pls wake up it's 18:16

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by chukxie(m): 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Isiterere:

Guy pls which[b] TENSES is this, past,present or future tense ?

ALL IZZ WELL [/b]

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
Isiterere:

Guy pls which TENSES is this, past,present or future tense ?

ALL IZZ WELL

Choose the one that suits u.
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Vikky014(f): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
Gaddafi dt wnted to islamize Nigeria,may he rest in pieces,y did he mention jerusalem in his speech,wht is wrong wt muslims & israelites?
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Dramadiddy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meanwhile, learn to play the piano with tutorials on nairaland's official thread
for keyboardists.. Visit now! No knowledge is a waste http://
www.nairaland.com/1814503/thread-keyboardists
Re: Could This Be What The Former Libya Really Looks Like? by Isiterere(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
byrron:

Choose the one that suits u.

Truth is bitter

ALL IZZ WELL

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC: Jega And His Commissioners In A Shouting Contest / How Will Donald Trump's Presidency Help IPOB Or Biafra / Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.