Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? (3663 Views)

A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? / Housewife or Working Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1: @ bukatyne

I don understand what you mean by this..

I am saying peopl make statements to achieve certain things

Those who do runs outside marriage will not come online to boast..
those who beat their wives will not come out to say it..

I think i agree with it. But is it also okay to assume that all those coming online to boast of outside marriage runs are guilty or those who suppose wife beaters thread are equally wife beaters?
Or how possible is it for someone who does neither of the above to come online and boast that they do such??
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: I think i agree with it. But is it also okay to assume that all those coming online to boast of outside marriage runs are guilty or those who suppose wife beaters thread are equally wife beaters?
Or how possible is it for someone who does neither of the above to come online and boast that they do such??

Its called "street cred" makes you look "macho"
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by pickabeau1: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: I think i agree with it. But is it also okay to assume that all those coming online to boast of outside marriage runs are guilty or those who suppose wife beaters thread are equally wife beaters?

I won't deny they're some comments which would be termed weird by some male posters but what I will not understand how some females use that as a blanket statement to paint all males

There r some posters here who make it their stock in trade to launch hourly and daily tirades against naija guys yet they r in happy relationships with these same guys...

Lol

As I said before not everything you read online is true..if people can send val gifts to themselves why is it difficult to concoct online facades...

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2:

And I think it is worrying that some people actually think that it's cool.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by babygirlfl: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb:
Someone is getting scared, thanks Aisha for the consolidation. cool
@bukatyne, you are getting me wrong, I'm not that restrictive or narrow-minded, we have our dreams but we also have our wide ranges of tolerance

Did you quote me by mistake? I don't understand what this reply had to do with my post.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

I won't deny they're some comments which would be termed weird by some male posters but what I will not understand how some females use that as a blanket statement to paint all males

There r some posters here who make it their stock in trade to launch hourly and daily tirades against naija guys yet they r in happy relationships with these same guys...

Lol

As I said before not everything you read online is true..if people can send val gifts to themselves why is it difficult to concoct online facades...

aisha2:
hmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1:
Lol

Chai @ sending Val gifts to themselves.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
@pickabeau1 and aisha2, but
i can't seem to understand how people cope with different personalities
when i am not charly boy. The REAL character different from the ONLINE
character. I just don't get it. Who has time for such nonsense.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Whatever rocks any body's boat... I would rather work.. *nothing as sweet as 'my' money.

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by pickabeau1: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: @pickabeau1 and aisha3, but
i can't seem to understand how people cope with different personalities
when i am not charly boy. The REAL character different from the ONLINE
character. I just don't get it. Who has time for such nonsense.

Note this is not limited to males bit even females
It is not also limited to blacks even whites do it

It's human nature for some people to project a hitherto subdued but desired aspect of their personality
Read up on ego, id and superego.

Don't you know that some of the most aggressive drivers on roads are very quiet people in the office..

Online anonymity even allows and encourage it
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
@pickabeau1
dont mind me o. I was just thinking out loud. I know about all those
things but i still seem not to just get it. I can't but wonder why and how.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
on my opinion and personal experience, its always the best to be a working wife, and always balance the home and work adequately. stay @ home wife? a total NO for me... men who are saying they prefer teachers as wives, only want such because most teachers in nija are miserably poor...who wouldnt want a poor wife to control, thats in a controlling freak mindset kind of man..
well, aint staying at home as full time housewife... angry

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Abrilla(f): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
The housewives I have seen are women who just put to bed or still taking care of kids under 5years old
Later in life they get something doing,it must not be a 7am-7pm kind of job
Some women just feel if a women its not in a coporate wear and rushing to work by 6am then she is lazy(topic for another day)
While growing up I don't think I ever saw a full time house wife who depends on her hubby for even tampons
So when people talk of this housewive thing,I just feel It should be temporary

2 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by rolled: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
So Amelian you are a rich Woman now abi
God help you
The working class women who keep runnig towards any car for a free ride in order to save their transport fare are people like you and not teachers

Am not a Teacher just so you know
Amelian: on my opinion and personal experience, its always the best to be a working wife, and always balance the home and work adequately. stay @ home wife? a total NO for me... men who are saying they prefer teachers as wives, only want such because most teachers in nija are miserably poor...who wouldnt want a poor wife to control, thats in a controlling freak mindset kind of man..
well, aint staying at home as full time housewife... angry
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
@Amelian-most teachers miserable? Hell NO. I am not a teacher though
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
@ rolled, can u imagine your mindset.....seriously, av always bn rich, got my own car even before I got married, through my hard earned dough... I don't nid to brag abt d car, I drive ...so lets leave it for another day. cheesy
and sorry bruv, am not those class of married women, who looks around for drops. grin, so as to save tfare cool

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2014
bukatyne:

So she should become a teacher with B.Eng Chem Eng when she doesn't want to because she wants to become a Mrs. ITbomb?

That babe's heads is screwed on her shoulders. She knows what she wants and where she's going to. cheesy wink

If you want to marry a teacher, go to primary & secondary schools to look for a single teacher.

You know to most of them, they are God's gift to women. Infact, left to him, she should have torn her certificate, and divested herself of the exposure her education accorded her, to bear the 'Mrs' title.

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by rolled: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Its NL so anyone can say anything
you drive a tokunbo car and you still want to brag?
Holy spirit
Amelian: @ rolled, can u imagine your mindset.....seriously, av always bn rich, got my own car even before I got married, through my hard earned dough... I don't nid to brag abt d car, I drive ...so lets leave it for another day. cheesy
and sorry bruv, am not those class of married women, who looks around for drops. grin, so as to save tfare cool
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2014
In todays economic climate, women should be able to bring something to the table. No one knows what the tide will bring tomorrow and even if your hubby is earning mega bucks now, it is still good for a woman to bring something to the table no matter how little.

There are many other reasons why its good for a woman to be out there, even if its a shop outside her house; but that is for another day

As regards Nigerian men; There are many many good responsible men out there. I personally know of many. Responsible decent hardworking men of integrity who are good husbands and fathers. The truth is that its only bad news that makes good news.

Ive been watching Sky news these past few weeks and its gone from the Plane Crash in Ukraine, to the Gaza/Israel war with pictures of injured kids all day long, to people dying on the mountains in Iraq, the plane crash in Iran and now the suicide of Robin Williams . . .and it goes on. Not a single piece of good news has been reported.

How many people are going to open a thread on Nairaland and say "My husband treats me like a Queen" "My husband is the best man in the world". . . . its mainly the bad stories that make news here.

Nigerian men do get a raw deal here on NL, but its mostlly down to the "Waec" students as Aisha2 calls them LOL, the wannabe machos who dont even have the guts to approach a woman, but come here and beat their chests and say they can do and undo; and as we all know empty barels make the most noise. Anyone who beleives them and follows them will only have himself to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2014
chaircover: In todays economic climate, women should be able to bring something to the table. No one knows what the tide will bring tomorrow and even if your hubby is earning mega bucks now, it is still good for a woman to bring something to the table no matter how little.
There are many other reasons why its good for a woman to be out there, even if its a shop outside her house; but that is for another day
As regards Nigerian men; There are many many good responsible men out there. I personally know of many. Responsible decent hardworking men of integrity who are good husbands and fathers. The truth is that its only bad news that makes good news.
Ive been watching Sky news these past few weeks and its gone from the Plane Crash in Ukraine, to the Gaza/Israel war with pictures of injured kids all day long, to people dying on the mountains in Iraq, the plane crash in Iran and now the suicide of Robin Williams . . .and it goes on. Not a single piece of good news has been reported.
How many people are going to open a thread on Nairaland and say "My husband treats me like a Queen" "My husband is the best man in the world". . . . its mainly the bad stories that make news here.
Nigerian men do get a raw deal here on NL, but its mostlly down to the "Waec" students as Aisha2 calls them LOL, the wannabe machos who dont even have the guts to approach a woman, but come here and beat their chests and say they can do and undo; and as we all know empty barels make the most noise. Anyone who beleives them and follows them will only have himself to blame.

True my Madam @ the top, if someone opens a thread to celebrate good husbands they will also be there to abuse and accuse her of baosting and lying, while a thread about bad husbands will be swallowed hook line and sinker hence my constant appeal to sane men to speak up more.

They wont go and read and pass WAEC they will be on Nairaland arguing and abusing. When People cannot concentrate and study and pass a common exam prefering to cheat and bribe their way through than do the work what makes anyone think they would want to invest in a succesful home and marriage?
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2014
My Father is a solid man, All my in Laws are great men, Infact my neighbors wife has been away for months, if I were to go by what I read on Nairaland I should expect him to be changing women every weekend or keeping late nights, but this same man maintains his schedule as he has always done, go to work, come back at 5pm, take his dog for a jog, then goes to sleep. Weekends, he cleans his environment, cooks and rests.

I am sure if he came on Nairaland to say this he will be insulted and called woman wrapper for not using the "opportunity" to freely cheat on his wife.

They are bad men, I dated them, but I knew they were not marriage material as some women are not marriage material yet some women will desperately cling to them hoping for a miracle. Despite having bad relationships I never consented to the fact that :
1. All men are the same because I was surrounded by sane men

2. All men cheat because I knew that was not true

If anyone will not see anything good and generally sterotype Nigerian men and women my advice is always change your environment, there are good and bad people of all genders the bad ones make the noise and the news doesnt mean they are majority. And for God sakes, singles have standards, it starts from there

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by pickabeau1: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

True my Madam @ the top, [b]if someone opens a thread to celebrate good husbands they will also be there to abuse and accuse her [/b]of baosting and lying, while a thread about bad husbands will be swallowed hook line and sinker hence my constant appeal to sane men to speak up more.

On the contrary it is women here who make fun of others...

A thread was opened for posters to say something positive about their husbands yet a female poster found a way to poke fun at 'Nigerian' men yet she is supposedly married to one?

The thread is dead as we speak

I think the ladies here love the controversy and are the ones
You need to appeal to the ladies also as they seem to like writing comments to generate strife

See comments below

https://www.nairaland.com/1842924/lets-celebrate-wonderful-caring-husbands/1#25251407
https://www.nairaland.com/1842924/lets-celebrate-wonderful-caring-husbands#25231337
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 13, 2014
pickabeau1:
On the contrary it is women here who make fun of others...
A thread was opened for posters to say something positive about their husbands yet a female poster found a way to poke fun at 'Nigerian' men yet she is supposedly married to one?
The thread is dead as we speak
I think the ladies here love the controversy and are the ones
You need to appeal to the ladies also as they seem to like writing comments to generate strife
See comments below
https://www.nairaland.com/1842924/lets-celebrate-wonderful-caring-husbands/1#25251407
https://www.nairaland.com/1842924/lets-celebrate-wonderful-caring-husbands#25231337

Both men and women are guilty of this, I read through another thread by my friend and men were laughing at a man calling him jobless because he said after work he goes and helps his wife at her shop.
I have also seen others were even Chaircover was accused of presenting a fake "perfect" life by men.

So its not one gender

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by pickabeau1: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

Both men and women are guilty of this, I read through another thread by my friend and men were laughing at a man calling him jobless because he said after work he goes and helps his wife at her shop.
I have also seen others were even Chaircover was accused of presenting a fake "perfect" life by men.

So its not one gender

I agree it is not one gender
I was referring to your post calling out only the men
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2014
pickabeau1:
I agree it is not one gender
I was referring to your post calling out only the men

I didnt call out any gender I said "They" meaning both sexes
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by pickabeau1: 10:12am On Aug 13, 2014
Ok...fair enough

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fun Places In Abuja For Kids / Modern Beads & Wireworks For Ur Occassions(pics) / My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.