Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (21323 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Right For A Single Christain Girl To Leave Her Parent To Stay Alone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by loveslife(f): 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys, ok, wasn't sure where to post this. But am sure I want sampled, opinions of mature members of this forum.

I was born and brought up in lagos, in fact my parents live here. However am seriously contemplating staying put in ibadan after my service year.

Now, none of my family members know about this plan and I intend to keep it that way.
I seriously need to concentrate.

I have heard people say it is not good for a young lady to stay alone. How true is it and on wat grounds exactly. Pls mods if u will, put this on the front page. I need as many views as I can get. Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by KanwuliaJara: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Not safe!

Not a matter of good or bad! kiss

14 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by joe17: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Care less on what people think. You wil knw if u really need to stay alone. But don't forget that guys/gentlemen think/believe that girls that stay with their parents are more responsible compared to those that stay alone(yes u wil enjoy d freedom), especially in marriage consideration except ofcux those who dia parents ar no more. #my two CENTS

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by samsat(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
hello

you can stay alone but it all depends on your motive for doing that and what you aim to achieve.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
-Is the area you are planning to reside safe?
-Are you extreme with your privacy?
-Are you free from emergency related health issues?
-Are you mentally and financially strong?

Set your capabilities and shortcomings out straight - don't just move wossss with the crowd. Know your limits for it all depends on YOU.

44 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Enoquin(f): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
No, it isn't wrong for a lady to stay alone, as long as you are grown enough to know what you want even if your motives are not pure.

I left my parents two months after my NYSC in 2010. I knew I couldn't move out and still be in Lagos, so I moved to Uyo. My parents couldn't argue because they knew I needed my space. They couldn't question my motives because I had been brought up well and they trust me to do what's right.
The dividend of that decision is that, the decision for two of my siblings university choices had to taken because of me. I am here to watch over them and my parents have less to worry about especially as regards their welfare.

Everything I do here, I do as I would have done if I was still with my parents. No late nights except choir practice. I am indoor person anyways so I rarely go out except it's absolutely necessary.

Anyways, I like my space, my privacy, the decisions I have to take for me and sometimes siblings and besides now is the time for me to discover myself before oga puts a ring on it cheesy

59 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Melahou(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Am sure the only reason why you want to stay in Ibadan is because of a man...
beta go bak to lagos and do something with your life.
that privacy you are looking for you`ll soon get it... grin grin grin

71 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by GreenBobo: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Men and other distractions will almost (certainly) not leave you alone!

Peace of mind, serenity of mind and tranquility of the mind can be achieved irrespective of ones physical location!

If you plan to reside in big towns and cities, you may not have much trouble in terms of security!

If you're financially capable of pulling this off , that would be a plus to you! Moving out today only to return tomorrow does not sound ideal to me!

What is it you want to do that you can't do in your parent's house? Are they in any way suggesting that you leave their (your) home?

You should carefully weigh your options and motives! Why exactly do you want to move out? Are they genuinely rational reasons? You're unarguably a grown up girl and need some space, But moving all the way out?

What resources do you have? Can you survive alone without bothering ANYONE for 6months or a year ? Are you prone to any medical emergency?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by kalimera101: 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Melahou: Am sure the only reason why you want to stay in Ibadan is because of a man...
beta go bak to lagos and do something with your life.
that privacy you are looking for you`ll soon get it... grin grin grin

You are sure? how did you know?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Saraha1(f): 3:01am On Aug 13, 2014
It all boredown to the kind of person you are, once your parent can vouch for you ,then I think there should't be an issue about a lady staying alone.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by bunmioguns(m): 3:31am On Aug 13, 2014
It depends on your personality, I have lots of young women staying alone and still remain focused... Please you just have to be self disciplined.. wink

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Atmmachine(m): 3:33am On Aug 13, 2014
It is very very wrong.
if you live alone you will service your engine whenever you want.. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Atmmachine(m): 3:36am On Aug 13, 2014
You want to stay alone because you want that guy to be servicing & oiling your engine..

I understand you condition. #body no be fire wood.

oil your engine before it gets rust. grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by sirjohnson(m): 3:40am On Aug 13, 2014
in my own view, NO
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Osama10(m): 3:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: It is very very wrong.
if you live alone you will service your engine whenever you want.. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Bad guy.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 13, 2014
how is it not safe?
KanwuliaJara: Not safe!

Not a matter of good or bad! kiss
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 13, 2014
I don't see anything wrong sha
As far as you can take care of yourself

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 13, 2014
There's nothing wrong for a girl to stay alone

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by LMAyedun(m): 3:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: You want to stay alone because you want that guy to be servicing & oiling your engine..
I understand you condition. #body no be fire wood.
oil your engine before it gets rust. grin grin grin
What is engine & where is it located pls?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by slap1(m): 3:49am On Aug 13, 2014
18 year olds live and study alone in Ukraine...
Sometimes, staying alone makes you discover yourself, realize your dreams and focus. If these are the aims of your decision, good luck! Do it!

19 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by tellwisdom: 3:51am On Aug 13, 2014
You can come and stay with me if you got big yansh sad

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by QMark: 3:57am On Aug 13, 2014
It is not wrong. As long as she is "staying alone" with me
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by EmmaOgbu(m): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Not safe
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by mascot87(m): 4:04am On Aug 13, 2014
Enoquin: No, it isn't wrong for a lady to stay alone, as long as you are grown enough to know what you want even if your motives are not pure.

I left my parents two months after my NYSC in 2010. I knew I couldn't move out and still be in Lagos, so I moved to Uyo. My parents couldn't argue because they knew I needed my space. They couldn't question my motives because I had been brought up well and they trust me to do what's right.
The dividend of that decision is that, the decision for two of my siblings university choices had to taken because of me. I am here to watch over them and my parents have less to worry about especially as regards their welfare.

Everything I do here, I do as I would have done if I was still with my parents. No late nights except choir practice. I am indoor person anyways so I rarely go out except it's absolutely necessary.

Anyways, I like my space, my privacy, the decisions I have to take for me and sometimes siblings and besides now is the time for me to discover myself before oga puts a ring on it cheesy

#amebomode : Who be d oga wey wan put on d ring?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Unik2me: 4:07am On Aug 13, 2014
IMO!
If U're nt married,
If U're nt gainfully employed to worth it,
If U're not a student,
If U're not uncontrollable
As a young lady, stay with ur parents/guardian cos its saver, fun, educative, more attractive, less suspectious above all everybody around U includin ursef will be more courteous wen dealing with you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by disloman(m): 4:08am On Aug 13, 2014
There is not wrong with it.Just ur motives n characters matters.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Atmmachine(m): 4:19am On Aug 13, 2014
LMAyedun: What is engine & where is it located pls?

Don't you know where you insert you ATM ??
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by harffie(m): 4:20am On Aug 13, 2014
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by xp17(m): 4:25am On Aug 13, 2014
tellwisdom: You can come and stay with me if you got big yansh sad

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by gbaskiboy: 4:29am On Aug 13, 2014
Look for female friends you can both stay together..

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Adakofortune(m): 4:31am On Aug 13, 2014
gud mowin.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Your society frowns on it for childish reasons, but its a good way to assert your independence as a young adult. It would be one of many major life decisions you'd make in your twenties

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Workaholic Man / Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / Man Reveals How He Dealt With His Son For Mocking Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.