Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (21329 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Right For A Single Christain Girl To Leave Her Parent To Stay Alone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by afreekah: 4:40am On Aug 13, 2014
YES and NO
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by pak: 5:14am On Aug 13, 2014
KanwuliaJara: Not safe!

Not a matter of good or bad! kiss

Wow ! So succinct and on point.

God bless you for this. My opinions exactly. The OP can take whatever meaning she wants out of this but this is the gospel truth

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Brunel(m): 5:16am On Aug 13, 2014
it is not IDEAL as there are certain protection and coverings that come with living in a family setting for a young woman getting ready to begin her home.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by iroc: 5:29am On Aug 13, 2014
There is everything wrong staying alone my dear, men dont have regard for girls like that, they look at them as not responsible, pls go back to your parent.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:33am On Aug 13, 2014
loveslife: Hey guys, ok, wasn't sure where to post this. But am sure I want sampled, opinions of mature members of this forum.

I was born and brought up in lagos, in fact my parents live here. However am seriously contemplating staying put in ibadan after my service year.

Now, none of my family members know about this plan and I intend to keep it that way.
I seriously need to concentrate.

I have heard people say it is not good for a young lady to stay alone. How true is it and on wat grounds exactly. Pls mods if u will, put this on the front page. I need as many views as I can get. Thanks all.
Your question really depends on your state of mind and maturity. It's possible to stay alone and fend for yourself. You must be financially ready too so that you won't be taken advantage of. I was born and raised in Lagos Island and left for studies thousands of miles away at the age of 18. I stayed by myself within the campus community in a big city and my survival instinct of being raised in Lagos kicked in. I got a lot of financial support to ease my travail too. Staying alone sure help me to become a man that I am now. So, it's positive in helping you to grow up as a lady.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Winneygirl(f): 5:36am On Aug 13, 2014
What is reasonable and practical?
If you have a job that will feed you, pay your rent and pay your bills, then stay and work.
But if the sole reason is that you want privacy, U want to take time to seek a job, you dont want to go back to your parents house after service bla bla bla....these are not practical.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 13, 2014
There's nothing wrong with it. I think its a good idea and you will be learning to be independent. Put into consideration your finances. Do you have a job there, do you have positive people around you and are you hurting the ones closest to you if you go ahead and say I'm not coming home. Also will there still be room for you at your parents if you change your mind? Think about well before you decide.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by fnep2smooth(m): 5:43am On Aug 13, 2014
this sister won start RUNS GIRL
but No money for ibadan na. GO to ph or abuja then you will achieve your dream.

You no get job, no relation, no friends For there. You won com carry your load go place way you know sabi anybody.

sister na so the thing hungry you reach
NYSC Don open ur eye
Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by krsty(f): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Ma dear I see nufin wrng wif it as long as ure matured to make some decisions on ur own d interesting part abt it is u will learn to appreciate ur parent. Paying ur bills alone is not an easy task. I stay alone am speaking 4rm experience
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by blessing121s(m): 5:59am On Aug 13, 2014
I don't c wat is bad in it, but u most knw whom u ar
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Slimmos(m): 6:03am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: You want to stay alone because you want that guy to be servicing & oiling your engine..

I understand you condition. #body no be fire wood.

oil your engine before it gets rust. grin grin grin
. Really! Hmmm u are addicted to sex, I can see
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by tonyx4x44(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2014
its not bad at all.

just don't forget to purchase pepper spray and maybe a small gun... you never know!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by krsty(f): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2014
Sorry am posting dis here please ma fellow nairalanders I need ur helps. Please I want to knw d diff. Btw samsung galaxy note 10.1 and samsung galaxy tab 4. Which one is better? Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Enoquin(f): 6:14am On Aug 13, 2014
mascot87:

#amebomode : Who be d oga wey wan put on d ring?
lipsrsealed wink
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by geophyscist: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2014
loveslife: Hey guys, ok, wasn't sure where to post this. But am sure I want sampled, opinions of mature members of this forum.

I was born and brought up in lagos, in fact my parents live here. However am seriously contemplating staying put in ibadan after my service year.

Now, none of my family members know about this plan and I intend to keep it that way.

I have heard people say it is not good for a young lady to stay alone. How true is it and on wat grounds exactly. Pls mods if u will, put this on the front page. I need as many views as I can get. Thanks all.
to me any girl that leave her parent immediately after youth service without a good, well paid job i dont think that person has a good relationship with her parent.so if i want to marry such a person i will set up an investgating panel/comittee like jonathan.responsible kid live with there parent.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by priscaoge(f): 6:21am On Aug 13, 2014
I see nothing bad about that!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by kobonaire(m): 6:22am On Aug 13, 2014
LMAyedun: What is engine & where is it located pls?
pls come back when your pûbic hair don commot

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by kobonaire(m): 6:26am On Aug 13, 2014
krsty: Sorry am posting dis here please ma fellow nairalanders I need ur helps. Please I want to knw d diff. Btw samsung galaxy note 10.1 and samsung galaxy tab 4. Which one is better? Thanks
The Nokia 1110 is the way to go

For better responses, I suggest you post your question here Phones section of NairaLand
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by pedestal82(m): 6:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Its not good if u not working and making enough money to cater for urself.
Emphasis on mking enough money to cater for urself.
Let me put it to u this way, as a guy, going out with u, wanting to take u serious. I find out u not working, and u stay alone.
I will ask myself some questions, how do u survive(runs girl ?)
Why will u choose to stay alone and ur parents agree, knwing u not working
(Bad parents, irresponsible girl ?)
So, take note, even if its a guy that is encouraging u to make this decisions, he is still gonna ask himself these questions when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Fourwinds: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: You want to stay alone because you want that guy to be servicing & oiling your engine..

I understand you condition. #body no be fire wood.

oil your engine before it gets rust. grin grin grin
d direction where u take things go dey fear fear
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Kpimp: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2014
slap1: 18 year olds live and study alone in Ukraine...
Sometimes, staying alone makes you discover yourself, realize your dreams and focus. If these are the aims of your decision, good luck! Do it!

Intelligent comment.most people just saying nonsense not contributing.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Fourwinds: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2014
for a lady., I don't encourage such when ur parents are still alive. don't depend on what u have save during d service to sustain u except u have a job immediately
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by danielmichael(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2014

yu wil b impregnated by differnt nine guys an born a BλB¥ dat has one body bt wid diferent nini faces..finish!!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by kibo: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2014
fnep2smooth:
this sister won start RUNS GIRL
but No money for ibadan na. GO to ph or abuja then you will achieve your dream.

You no get job, no relation, no friends For there. You won com carry your load go place way you know sabi anybody.

sister na so the thing hungry you reach
NYSC Don open ur eye
Good luck

I wonder how someone can write so much without making SENSE ?

With your long statement, I thought you were actually THINKING.

I was WRONG !!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by mechanics(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Its nt wrong o, but if u ar nt alone, u may get wat u didnt bargain for. So its safer to be alone n wen d times comes u pray for d right choice of urs.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by rman: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2014
It is now glaring the reason majority of adults still stay with thier parents in this clime going by the comments on this thread.

If after university education you still need parental control before doing or knowing what is right and wrong, then something is seriously wrong with you. All those that attributed a lady staying alone automatically means she will be sexualy out of control because of the freedom are so shallow. Men that attribute such status as not proper are so myopic too.

By the age of 20yrs, you should be living alone or making plans to, both male and female. It is key to transition from dependent adult to an independent one. In fact, after NYSC, if you are a graduate, you have no business staying with your parents. Some may ask, how will you survive? Exactly, you need that trying period to prepare you for the ups and down that life will throw at you later.
I'm not saying severe all ties to your parents, no. But needing them in your adult life because of your financial status, or because you are unemployed etc is a no no. Talk or visit when your situation is critical but learn to be on your own as an adult.

Male or female, none of my kids will remain under my roof after university education. If they are late bloomers, 23yrs max, I throw them out.

I even consider it a basic requirement before getting married. No wonder some of the young married ones call mummy and daddy for all basic decision even after marriage.

20 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by 360command: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2014
To tell you the truth, the moment you decide to stay alone, you are on your own. It teaches you to be creative, it teaches you to save. It teaches you a lot. Once you start paying rent, you must keep up to it and men(family) would respect you more . The moment you are unable to, men(family) will use you and laugh. Omo, e no easy to live alone !

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by KanwuliaJara: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2014
pak:

Wow ! So succinct and on point.

God bless you for this. My opinions exactly. The OP can take whatever meaning she wants out of this but this is the gospel truth

Amen! kiss
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by ITbomb(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Agybabe take note wink wink wink

For me, unless you have a regular job, it is not good
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by nneh1(f): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Seriously one bad thing that will hardly bring change is people's mind set. Staying alone does not you are going to live a bad life,some babes that stay with their parents are worse than some prostitutes.
I served in lagos and after service decided to stay alone,it wasn't a discussion in my house bcs they know me too well. I stay alone and no1 rule is don't visit me,if you can't call please when we see take it.I'm an introvert and I ve not altered it.
People should stop having a wrong mindset towards girls that live alone. People are different.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:15am On Aug 13, 2014
Mademoiselle, this is naija and it won't profit you at the long run. I'm sure you're still young, forget what happens overseas. It is not safe and it doesn't represent you well. Are you financially independent? Or have u gotten a job? Even if you are, find at least someone else to stay with you.

If you stay alone, and you just met a guy, better not let him come to your apartment, that's a "rape me" call.

Another thing is most people have a wrong impression about a lady not staying with her folks, people wanna come beg for your hand in marriage from your parent's house.

I don't think it's good. You're not a guy, you may have what it takes to live independently, but its still not SAFE!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Lucasbalo: Your question really depends on your state of mind and maturity. It's possible to stay alone and fend for yourself. You must be financially ready too so that you won't be taken advantage of. I was born and raised in Lagos Island and left for studies thousands of miles away at the age of 18. I stayed by myself within the campus community in a big city and my survival instinct of being raised in Lagos kicked in. I got a lot of financial support to ease my travail too. Staying alone sure help me to become a man that I am now. So, it's positive in helping you to grow up as a lady.

YOU'RE A GUY AND SHE'S NOT! YOU'RE NOT PRONE TO MOLESTATION OR RIDICULE AS SHE IS angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Workaholic Man / Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.