Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,139 members, 7,807,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (21327 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Right For A Single Christain Girl To Leave Her Parent To Stay Alone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2014
@ OP I hope you can see what many guys think of this - RUNS GIRL undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by ireneidiva(f): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2014
For the op to be asking this kind of question alone shows she is not mature. So op please stay in your parents house until you grow up. I mean what on earth could be wrong with you staying alone? Are you a kid?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Yemlizzy(f): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Its a choice you want to make,so you should bear the brunt yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Eberex(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2014
If you have passed through the four walls of the University and have also gone through NYSC huddles what else is out there that you haven't seen or done? I don't really see any problem staying alone as long as you put your reputation first.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2014
Do you hail from Ibadan ? Can you stand the crime rate in that city ?

Ask questions please..
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2014
There is nothing wrong with a lady staying alone. You have to consider the environment, type of work, etC.
I stayed alone right after secondary school. Started from Uni..Nysc , work. I even drive my tuketuke, change am, buy cleaner one . Build house sef join, got my first tenant before marriage.

Make sure the environment is safe. If not too safe, once in a while buy orange juice for the touts in that area if you be born again. For me, I dey declare correct ogogoro and alcohol during my Nysc and post Nysc. These guys will never let anything come near you. But still keep your distance.

Sometimes, my male colleagues will come to camp in flat..eat better food finish. Sometimes the house go dry like say na ghost dey dia. wink you know na, weekend runs. grin

Some will say, don't buy car, don't live alone. You will scare men, blah blahs blah.. Don't mind them. Once you can afford it, go for it. Na kpai kpai men dey feel intimidated .

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Gabygaby: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2014
IF you less than thirty years,don't try it,you can't control the pressure from men.if you can be bold enough to tell me your main reason hence your uninterested to make it public the send your reason to gabjad2012@gmail.com,I can advice you better.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Agybabe(f): 10:16am On Aug 13, 2014
ITbomb: Agybabe take note wink wink wink

For me, unless you have a regular job, it is not good
Well, I stay alone and I have a job. I pay my bills (a better part of it).

Yes, there's freedom. But messing up or keeping yourself depends on the home training you were given and the people you conform/mix-up with and also your drive in life.

That's why even the bible said, a child should be trained in the way he should go and when he is old, he won't depart from it.

Even at my free estate, there are things I can never do because of the way I was brought up especially under my mum's tutelage.

In my case, I'm the first child of my parents (they stay in Ondo state) and I live in Calabar. I've got younger ones and even my whole family is looking up to me. I dare not fail them else I'll break their hearts especially my mama's heart for she has gone to lengths to see me through to where I am today.

So whatever I do out here, I carry them at the fore of my mind and I'm like "lay good examples young lady and don't dash the hopes they have in you".

@op I don't see a bad thing in it. You just need to know what you're doing.

Afterall, we are adults!

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by ITbomb(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2014
Agybabe:
Well, I stay alone and I have a job. I pay my bills (a better part of it).

Yes, there's freedom. But messing up or keeping yourself depends on the home training you were given and the people you conform/mix-up with and also your drive in life.

That's why even the bible said, a child should be trained in the way he should go and when he is old, he won't depart from it.

Even at my free estate, there are things I can never do because of the way I was brought up especially under my mum's tutelage.

In my case, I'm the first child of my parents (they stay in Ondo state) and I live in Calabar. I've got younger ones and even my whole family is looking up to me. I dare not fail them else I'll break their hearts especially my mama's heart for she has gone to lengths to see me through to where I am today.

So whatever I do out here, I carry them at the fore of my mind and I'm like "lay good examples young lady and don't dash the hopes they have in you".

@op I don't see a bad thing in it. You just need to know what you're doing.

Afterall, we are adults!

In case you didn't know
That's Ma Lady speaking
Lovely

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by princebergz(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2014
slap1: 18 year olds live and study alone in Ukraine...
Sometimes, staying alone makes you discover yourself, realize your dreams and focus. If these are the aims of your decision, good luck! Do it!

wah happens in UKRAINE stays in UKRAINE... Gaskiya

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by bukatyne(f): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
For you to ask this question means there is really no need for it.

I wonder how someone went to secondary school, university and NYSC and still be thinking if it is right for a girl to live alone undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by mascot87(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
Enoquin: lipsrsealed wink

Is that a sign to show that it is me?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by kendrababy(f): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Add me up ma pin(29680E6E)
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by jsunex(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Yes its wrong in terms of safety
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Lorlaahlozz: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
I see no big deal there
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
Anyhow, marketers urgently needed 4 sales of secondary school software,d higher d sales, d higher ur commission, 4 more info, email me at veralucy8@gmail.com and at least be computer literate
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Enahi(f): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
@Op if you can afford to stay alone please do it. Nigerians can sha pretend,tell me what's the difference between staying alone and been in University alone? Were you staying with your Parents while in University? When you get home ask your Parents if either of them ever left their Parents house to stay alone before they got married and seek advice from them. One thing is for sure,staying alone doesn't and won't stop you from getting married,that's a myopic way of thinking. Life is about changes and discovering yourself,Plan your life the way you want. Your Parents can't live your life for you,its all up to you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by straight2point(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
NA ASHEWO BE THE WOMAN THAT STAYS ALONE.....THATS THE VIEW OF AN AFRICAN MAN, SO MAKE YOUR DECISION NOW AFTER CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT YOU ARE IN AFRICA[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
gbaskiboy: Look for female friend you can both stay together..
That's d best option. Look for a room/flat mate..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by KolaShangOne(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ibadan is relatively safe. But you have to be careful of the area you stay around because some areas here like Beere, Gate, Mapo etc are not that safe.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Imoy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: It is very very wrong.
if you live alone you will service your engine whenever you want.. grin grin grin
Lolz! Badt guy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by InvertedHammer: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
slap1: 18 year olds live and study alone in Ukraine...
Sometimes, staying alone makes you discover yourself, realize your dreams and focus. If these are the aims of your decision, good luck! Do it!

Valid point.

Assignment for the week: Read the initial post x 7.

Key points: Nigeria vs. Ukraine.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by room089: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
You can live with your parents and be a good girl.
You can live with your parents and be a bad girl.

You can live in Ibadan and be a good girl.
You can live in Ibadan and be a bad girl.

The power to be a good or bad girl in life is in your hands.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nothing wrong with staying alone as long as you can afford it. It doesn't make you bad or good it just shows you starting a new phase.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by babestell(f): 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
After all if you get an Oil and gas mega paying job in another state, Will you not go there alone.

I don't see anything wrong with it. yes the pressure is much from men who do not have any good plans for you, but that will only affect you if you are not matured enough to handle attention.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by bobman(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
Winneygirl: What is reasonable and practical?
If you have a job that will feed you, pay your rent and pay your bills, then stay and work.
But if the sole reason is that you want privacy, U want to take time to seek a job, you dont want to go back to your parents house after service bla bla bla....these are not practical.
word

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Danhumprey: 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
ITbomb:

In case you didn't know
That's Ma Lady speaking
Lovely
Na wa for you o! grin

Abi you don change your mind ni?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Lassb4: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nothing wrong for me

See how our governors are greeting each other over Ebola scare-Photo
http://lassbsmall..com/
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
joe17: Care less on what people think. You wil knw if u really need to stay alone. But don't forget that guys/gentlemen think/believe that girls that stay with their parents are more responsible compared to those that stay alone(yes u wil enjoy d freedom), especially in marriage consideration except ofcux those who dia parents ar no more. #my two CENTS

Nigeria is really 3rd world...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by joe17: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
milehigh06:

Nigeria is really 3rd world...
i gues u ar an American. Wait wen we talk about oyibo dem, we wil call you. #Nonsence

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Worksunlimited: 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
kalimera101:

You are sure? how did you know?

Guess his conclusion was based on his tombo tombo mentality... undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by sigolisis: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Think about your future especially marriage. You can't attract any responsible man when staying alone as a lady. REAL guys won't see you as a responsible lady or wife material. Staying with a relative is far better. Players won't see anything wrong anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Workaholic Man / Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.