Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Along Came A Stranger . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along Came A Stranger . (5327 Views)

Letter To A Stranger By Hammed Ajiboye / Along He Came. / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (2) (3) (4)

Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
A mini-story.
All rights reserved.

You can do this Vera' you can ! Vera assured herself as she mounted the stairs of the awaiting airplane, ready for departure, from MMIA enroute to portharcourt. Courtesy of her best friend's husband who bought the air ticket and other stuffs.

Her mind Drifted to the journey she was undertaking, the thought of spending the whole week with julia and her husband' made her uncomfortable ! julia's husband was a pervert !

months back, during his bachelor's night eve,
He sneaked into the kitchen, when she was alone washing the dishes, and tried to make sexual advances at her, but met a brick wall.
Vera shuddered as she recounted the whole episode.

Julia was her best friend, they were like sisters and she (vera) was a godmother to julia's baby girl.

Vera had ran out of excuses, she had no other option but to visit them. Julia even asked for two weeks, two weeks in thesame roof with that pervert ! julia shuddered again !

If only julia knew the kind of man she has as a husband or was she clouded with james wealth and reckless handsome and sexy features !

The airplane landed at the rivers state airport after an hour journey.

Vera alighted from the airplane with her luggage and proceeded to board a taxi to convey her to julia's residence.

Airport road, Johnsons avenue, vera instructed a taxi driver who rushed to load her luggage into the car.

#3,500 madam' the fat taxi driver said.

What ! You think say, I just they return from yankee? I be lasgidi babe o, Vera retorted in pidgin accent .

After a series of price bargain, she boarded the vehicle which took her straight to julia's residence.

vera got down and as she walked into the superbly furnished mansion with her luggage, standing at the door was the last and least person she wanted to meet.

Smiling and grinning seductively at her was julia's husband, obviously all alone at home !
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
any comments before I proceed?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
See as Mini story wan rocket into suspense ...contunu
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Divepen: See as Mini story wan rocket into suspense ...contunu

Perhaps My style of writing doesn't really suite you guys here,

that explains the silent viewers.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
NinoBrown888:

Perhaps My style of writing doesn't really suite you guys here,

that explains the silent viewers.

Lol,,,
It is not style.
Just
invite them...
Make d ppl aware of it
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Divepen:

Lol,,,
It is not style.
Just
invite them...
Make d ppl aware of it

Is that what other writers do?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Flakkydagirl: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ride on ma'am......
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Ride on ma'am......

does the name NinoBrown sound feminine to you,,,, madame ?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Flakkydagirl: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
NinoBrown888:

does the name NinoBrown sound feminine to you,,,, madame ?
.........sir
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
the following day, after settling down in the new environment, vera assured herself that she won't give james a chance to manoeuvre around her with a lustful intention. Or so she thought.

Vera was trying to fix breakfast when julie came hurrying, all dressed for work.

Don't tell me you're leaving so soon' the bewildered vera asked.

Bestie Am almost late for work.' julie replied with a note of apology.

What about breakfast and cindy? Vera chipped in.

Ooh cindy is still sleeping' and with you, she is in good hands. Julie glanced at her while searching for her car key.

She was almost at the exit door when vera called out again' and your husband' isn't he going to the office also ?

Oh,, I forgot to tell you, he is on a two weeks vacation.

What ! vera gasped as her countenance change.

Anything the matter? Julie asked

No nothing' run along now dear. Vera said, while trying to fake a smile.

Okay see you when I get back, take care of your self and the baby. Julie said on her way out.

vera was humming one of her favourite songs and as well fixing breakfast when james tiptoed into the kitchen with a pair of boxer.

Hy dear.

The rich baritone voice, spurred vera to reality as she turned abruptly.

The sight of james with a pair of boxers, his sexy manly features made her feel drowsy.

J--james' vera stuttered .

Within an interval of few minutes' vera couldnt tell how it happened, she found herself in the arms of james, who was now caressing her gently and she was responding to the seductive act gradually.

The child- like - cry of cindy spurred her into reality as she disentangled herself from james and rushed into the room.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Flakkydagirl: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Vera..
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
#flakky, giving the story a nudge. Am Impressed.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 13, 2014
NinoBrown888:

Is that what other writers do?
Not all.. But when you call people you knw they sort of call the attention of others..

Erm....I hope say Vera no go enter gbeke
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 5:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Divepen, i follow you walka come o. Op keep writing, me going no where.
More ink to your pen

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 13, 2014
at the end of the day's work,,,,,,
julie dialled her husband's number.

Hey sweetie' the rich baritone voice came online .

Hey dear' hope you guys are Okay, overthere? Julie asked.

Of cos'We are dear, james chuckled.

Okay' I won't be coming back early We will be having a board meeting with a foreign investor this evening' julie lied.

oh,, really' am already missing you,,,,replied james trying not to sound excited.

Don't worry dear, will be back once the meeting is over, takia.' having said that julie dropped the call.

Julie grinned at her lieing expertise, she removed her wedding ring and kept it inside her handbag, took out her car key and left the premises.

Naughty boy stop that' julie laughed hysterically as henry her lover playfully began to seduce her, inside the exclusively furnished flat julie rented for him at the outskirt of the town.

not without eating My cake' henry chuckled as he kept on caressing her on the sofa.

even if you gonna eat your cake, its not gonna be on the sofa. Julie replied amidst giggling'

With that henry pulled off his clothes and that of julie' lifted her up swiftly and walked straight to his exclusively furnished bedroom.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2014
Talk about birds of thesame feathers!
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2014
TiffanyJ: Talk about birds of thesame feathers!

and there is Tiffany'
Your comments is like a jar of ink for My article.
gracias senorita.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2014
NinoBrown888:

and there is Tiffany'
Your comments is like a jar of ink for My article.
gracias senorita.
you're welcome dear. Still following
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
Vera cuddled the toddler in her arms to sleep after feeding her with a warm milk and cereal,

she occasionally glanced at the window to see if the downpour has abated, its almost getting dark and julie is yet to return.

Dialling her number, She hissed as the network operator said the line wasn't available at the moment.

Julie said she won't be back home early' james who has been standing at the door said.

Oh she did', vera replied with a husky voice and looked away to hide her countenance.
Damn ! She is beginning to have feelings for james.

let Me help you with the baby, james said as he lifted cindy from her arms.

Their body contact sent a sensual feeling in her mind, and she watched as james laid cindy down gently in her cot.

James felt it, besides the weather was getting cold.

He went and sat next to vera on the bed,knowing his way around women, he drew vera closer and began to caress her gently,

JJames' We don't have to do this, she stuttered.
Shhhh, this moment is for Us, he said as he began to unbutton her lingerie.

But what about jjulie, its uunfairr, she found herself stuttering, probably cos of the sensual feeling.

James kept on caressing her seductively without saying a word.

Vera couldn't resist the sensation as she responded to the act by unbuttoning james shirt.

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Costlybabe: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
nino dear,i dnt quite understand ur dialogue o,y arent u using quotation mark to differentiate,because im lovin dis already
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
Costlybabe: nino dear,i dnt quite understand ur dialogue o,y arent u using quotation mark to differentiate,because im lovin dis already

Senorita' I will look into that. #gracias
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2014
TiffanyJ: Divepen, i follow you walka come o. Op keep writing, me going no where.
More ink to your pen
but shey na only you waka kom?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by rapmike(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
You should use your inverted commas more, and quotations. Then sometimes you have to reduce the spacings for single sentences.

I love your imagination and storyline, keep at it, you are getting better and don't bother too much about the viewers, more will come out of their 'ghosting' zone when you continue.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
rapmike: You should use your inverted commas more, and quotations. Then sometimes you have to reduce the spacings for single sentences.

I love your imagination and storyline, keep at it, you are getting better and don't bother too much about the viewers, more will come out of their 'ghosting' zone when you continue.

gracias sire, like they say 'there is always enough room for improvement' about the silent viewers I reserve My comment.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by rapmike(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
NinoBrown888:

gracias sire, like they say 'there is always enough room for improvement' about the silent viewers I reserve My comment.

U welcome, we are all improving, besides it was also a bit like this when I started my first thread here.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
laying exhausted on the bed, henry stared lazily at julie who was getting dressed.

'why are you staring at me like that, dearie? Julie asked.
'must you go now? Henry snapped.
henry I've spent enough time with you, My husband and child must be waiting by now'. Julie replied .
sweedy' henry called out as he sat up. Its about time We start up Our own family' I want you and likewise My child cindy' you and I know you don't love that man you called your husband, its just for his dough.

'Please henry, can We talk about this some other time, I have my plans and if you continue this way you will ruin it.' julie pleaded.

We can elope to another country with our baby, and start Our own family on a new chapter' henry chipped in.

Henry' james made a will, which am sure I told you of sometime ago, the will can only be claimed after his demise and not before, and if I divorce him, I will only get a quarter of the share.

That reminds Me' this is the Money you asked for,,,,,

She reached for her handbag and brought out a cheque and handed it over to henry who was deep in thoughts.

How much is your share, according to the will, henry asked.

500million naira or their about including his estates' Why do you ask, said julie.

What if We assassinate your husband' henry asked as he gazed on julie.

Henry! Julie gasped

The cold and vicious look in henry's eyes told julie he is ready to do what he just suggested.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Op you are doing great but your characters speech needs to be in quotation marks. It makes reading it less tedious.
Someone has said this before but i observed that from your recent update, you didn't make corrections. Weldone
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
TiffanyJ: Op you are doing great but your characters speech needs to be in quotation marks. It makes reading it less tedious.
Someone has said this before but i observed that from your recent update, you didn't make corrections. Weldone

My apologies.'madame, sometimes I'm in a haste. Thanks for the tip anyway.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
NinoBrown888:

My apologies.'madame, sometimes I'm in a haste. Thanks for the tip anyway.
when writing, don't be in a haste, the results will be in the form of grammatical and typological errors. Trust me, i did that and i've learnt my lessons.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
TiffanyJ:
when writing, don't be in a haste, the results will be in the form of grammatical and typological errors. Trust me, i did that and i've learnt my lessons.

Okay madame ' I acknowledge your advice. gracias.

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
julie hurriedly walked into her car cos it was almost getting dark and zoomed off with the thoughts of murder. without noticing the guy at the opposite corner of the road who has been stalking on her.
he brought out his phone and dialed james number.
"pour the juice" james said over the line.
"she just left the premises, sir"
" Hope she didn't notice you were stalking on her" james asked.
"Of cos not sir,"I will be leaving now.
"Okay then,keep Me posted" james said as the line went off.

"The LovePeddler thinks Am stupid to have left her such a huge amount of money and my estate according to My will and to think she believed Me," james said to himself and burst out laughing.

Minutes later,julie drove in and walked into the sitting room.
"Hey sweedy" julie said as she hugged james. "Sowie I kept you guys waiting,the foreign investor had to present his company's agenda to the board of directors, you know how it is"

"sure I do, Am sure you had a good time with the foreign investor" james said as he faked a smile.

'And where is vera and the baby' julie asked

'Ohh vera and the baby are fast asleep, while am here waiting for my faithful wife.' he replied

' missed you too dearie , Oh dear let Me go in and check on the baby and also change my clothe ' , julie said as she left the sitting room.

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by rapmike(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Faithful wife indeed.

Crystal Of Astrel / Vampire Tale / The Chronicles Of Corper Henry

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51