Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Along Came A Stranger . - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along Came A Stranger . (5325 Views)

Letter To A Stranger By Hammed Ajiboye / Along He Came. / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
rapmike: Faithful wife indeed.
i laugh in my mother tongue. So far, the characters are all playing games. Leme see how this ends but i have a feeling julie will end up with James
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Aipete2(f): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Am following yha lyk cwiously
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Aipete2: Am following yha lyk cwiously
welcome on board, madam
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
I like seeing the end from d beginnin :.I sort of see where this is goin but I want you to change d direction of my tot...I'm sure u will do that.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Divepen: I like seeing the end from d beginnin :.I sort of see where this is goin but I want you to change d direction of my tot...I'm sure u will do that.

Trust Me sire, you barely have an idea about the conclusion.

keep calm and watch Me row the boat to the island.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Aipete2(f): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:
welcome on board, madam
Tanks ma
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014
NinoBrown888:

Trust Me sire, you barely have an idea about the conclusion.

keep calm and watch Me row the boat to the island.
I hope,,
But why you like boat are you a family of Mark Twain
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Divepen:
I hope,,
But why you like boat are you a family of Mark Twain

Lol,,,,,you seem to know Samuel langhorne clemens?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
as the days went by, vera found herself getting attached to james with a feeling, which she hasn't felt for any guy before and she knew the latter felt thesame way cos in the presence of julie, they act like strangers but when she leaves its all Behind 'n'porch. She really have to do something about julie, she has to come up with something, james is a Man in a platter of gold. She said to her self.

Julie has left for work and james left for his golf club sessions, leaving vera and cindy all alone in the house.
Vera starred at the large plasma tv set lazily, obviously bored, she glanced at the wall clock and decided to fix lunch, perhaps it will abate the boredom.
" Hey younglady I've got to prepare lunch, be a good girlie". Vera said to baby cindy who was busy playing with her teddy bears.
She glanced at vera and giggled.
" Alright" vera said as she left for the kitchen.

On her way she found julie's bedroom slightly ajar, ' oh julie must have forgotten to bang her room probably cos she was in a haste. Better take a look inside.
having stepped into the luxuriously furnished room, the art collections attracted her each time she stepped into the room.
She unhooked a medium sized glass portrait ,with a picture of two lovers in a garden, beautified with flowers.
Vera smiled as she stared into the portrait with the thought of her and james in mind.
Just as she was about to hang the portrait, it slipped from her hand and fell, sending pieces of glasses on the bulgarian blue rug.
Vera suppressed a scream as she stared at the portrait. "What have I done" she cried out.
Laying between the broken glass was a white paper which vera picked up to take a look.
Vera starred at the paper with disbelief and bewilderment.
The white paper contained cindy's DNA and paternal informations.

1 Like

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by uchennamani(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
nice story though, but i guess you were in a hurry and failed to describe the characters. remember it is the characters that move the story forward. Not the plot. keep on trying: you will actually get there.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
uchennamani: nice story though, but i guess you were in a hurry and failed to describe the characters. remember it is the characters that move the story forward. Not the plot. keep on trying: you will actually get there.

point well acknowledged. gracias sire, tho the sea is vast, the sailor knows the route.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by charijee(f): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Nice one Nino. ....Following. .....
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2014
with these piece of information, she sure gonna fix julie, james have got to know that the child he spoils with love and affection is only but another man's daughter. He won't hesitate to divorce julie , an opportunity for her to take over. it sure will hurt james". Vera thought as she parked the broken pieces and as well hid the white paper in her bag.
" I was even being remorseful about my affairs with james at the earlier stage, I should have known she is nothing but a love peddler" vera said to herself.

On his way back from the golf session, james pulled his grey coloured toyota spider across the road and beckoned on the newspaper vendor, who sat down patiently waiting for such moment with a concealed .38 magazine fixed with a silencer, james wanted to get a copy of the newspaper.

Henry who disguised as the vendor rushed towards the car with the newspaper bag as soon as james pulled his car.
' Get Me a copy of the nation ' james instructed the vendor as his side glass wind down automatically.
' Here it is sir' the vendor said as he handed the Copy to james,

Just as he was bringing out his wallet to pay the vendor, the disguised vendor swiftly brought out his concealed gun from a paper bag and shot him twice on the belly.

James jerked and groaned, he went cold the next moment.

The vendor crossed the road immediately and hopped into a bike, whose rider has been waiting for him, and zoomed off .
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Flakkydagirl: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2014
Whoever is dreaming among the three....Vera/James/Julie..... should please wake up o....
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by TiffanyJ(f): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Whoever is dreaming among the three....Vera/James/Julie..... should please wake up o....
yes o, the person had better wake up. James should not die o
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Hameenat94(f): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Wow!!!! Im glued 2 dis story till da end... Everybody is a betrayal
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
an hour after the assassination, a couple of good samaritans rushed the bleeding james to the hospital even though they doubt his survival within the next few hours.
One of them called julie with james phone to inform her.
" What ! Where ! How ! Oh no" julie faked a cry over the phone'
Okay,I will be there. She said and the line went off.
'Wow'! julie exclaimed. Out of excitement she called henry to inform him.
I better rush there And pay My last respect to his carcass.' julie said over the phone after a brief discussion with henry, to her james is now history.
With that she picked her handbag, locked up her office and walked out of the premises.

'Doctor, excuse me doc' julie said with a faked gloomy countenance as soon as she walked into the hospital.
'yes madam'? The doctor , a fair in complexion Man who was obviously a european in his mid thirties, turned abruptly.
' Please, Am the wife on the man who was brought in here few hours ago'
' You mean the dark chubby man, who was shut by an unknown gunman? The doctor asked in his foreign accent.
'yes sir'
'Oh he is already undergoing treatment though on sedation, he's Unconscious at the moment ,Buh his chance of survival is 50-50,
'Oh you mean his Still alife, let me at least see him' julie said as she tried to conceal her annoyance.
The doctor obliged and directed a nurse to take her to james ward, But told her its just for a few minutes.

Alone with james, to her disbelief james was breathing slightly.
' You are as good as dead' she scowled at the unconscious james.

After a while, she brought out her phone and dialed henry's number.
'sweedy you won't believe this' julie said to the receipient.
'What, how can it be ! Henry growled as julie narrated her story.
'You better come and finish what you started' julie snapped and the line went off.

1 Like

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ehen...
Stop all this suspense
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
Divepen: Ehen...
Stop all this suspense

Put on your safety jacket sire,
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by anasbeaut(f): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'm intrigued, although the characters were not described
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by charijee(f): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
All of them are guilty of one thing or the other. ....they should better amend their lives
@ Nino. ...more strength to your hand
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
anasbeaut: I'm intrigued, although the characters were not described

#Comment acknowledged, madame.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
charijee: All of them are guilty of one thing or the other. ....they should better amend their lives
@ Nino. ...more strength to your hand

gracias madame'.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Hameenat94(f): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Y get married 2 him in d 1st plc?
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2014
dressed in a grey verona suit with a black tie and prada shoe, henry bought a bunch of flower on his way to the hospital and concealed a double edged medival dagger inbetween the flowers .

'okay james here comes your funeral' he said with a snarl, as he stepped into the hospital premises .

'excuse me nurse, am here to see a dear friend of Mine he was brought in here a couple of days back, emm' he was shut by an unknown gunman' henry told the nurse over the counter.

'oh sorry about that sire,' the young nurse replied.
'oh dear' may I know his ward number' henry asked with a fake gloomy countenance.
'Uhm let Me check, Mr james kennedy right? The nurse asked as she flipped her register.
'yeah' henry smiled at her.
'ward 3 at the left wing' the nurse said to henry.
'thanks a bunch' henry smiled and proceeded to ward 3.

It took him few minutes to locate the room, he looked around and stealthily walked into the room.

What! He gasped with disbelief and anger as he starred at the empty bed.

Alas ! James was gone.

1 Like

Re: Along Came A Stranger . by rapmike(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmn, na so Naija films dey start ooo lol.

See the four of them, greedy set of thieves and a I.doit of a man.

Nino, people don dey come small,small.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2014
rapmike: Hmn, na so Naija films dey start ooo lol.

See the four of them, greedy set of thieves and a I.doit of a man.

Nino, people don dey come small,small.

Lol, funny. Am impressed anyway .
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stop all this pensesus
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Divepen: Stop all this pensesus

Dear divepen and other viewers,
I write the way I want,
I use the style I want,
And Not the otherway round.
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
NinoBrown888:

Dear divepen and other viewers,
I write the way I want,
I use the style I want,
And Not the otherway round.

lol
i meant suspense=pensesus
Re: Along Came A Stranger . by Queenxstar(f): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2014
Dear writer, do start each statement with a capital letter. Wonderful work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crystal Of Astrel / Vampire Tale / The Chronicles Of Corper Henry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.