Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy (27308 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by ayando(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,
I hope this is the right place to discuss this? Although, I feel this should be because I will get the right responses.
What is/are responsible for a child's brilliancy?

I had a discussion with someone who was complaining bitterly about handling a dull child. My reasons are:
- Poor development of the brain during conception in the womb
- Poor nourishment during the formative years especially lack of protein.
- Hereditary.
- Environment

But she disagreed with first two listed and opined majorly on heredity. So my question: Is it impossible to produce bright kids even when the parents are not bright? Is the gene the major determinant of how bright one can be?

I know the genetic make up of an individual varies and it is not the same.
In summary, I just want to know if anything can be done to help a dull child and if there are ways to even prevent producing them in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by thorpido(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
It's genetics as the major factor.

Other factors include nutrition in-vitro and after birth.
Environment
Training

14 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by Dreal1247: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
The upbringing also contributes to that

2 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by iiichidodo: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Early exposure to medium or media and means of the 'arts' can lead to a state of precociousness in the child.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by ayando(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
thorpido: It's genetics as the major factor.

Other factors include nutrition in-vitro and after birth.
Environment
Training
. If genetics is the major factor, then it is right to say other factors can't make significant improvement. Is it right also to fault the parents for this problem? And lastly, why do we have exceptional kids even when they are from poor parents or illiterate ones?

14 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by thorpido(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
^^^Other factors do make significant difference.If a child's parents are brilliant but the child unfortunately loses both parents and is orphaned,he might grow under dire conditions which will definitely affect his performance.

Illiterate or poor parents does not mean they can't produce exceptional children.Remember,being illiterate just means a lack of opportunity to get schooled.It does not mean the capacity is not there.I have seen brilliant illiterates.Not knowing chemistry is not a measure of brilliance.

84 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by soulglo: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
ayando: . If genetics is the major factor, then it is right to say other factors can't make significant improvement. Is it right also to fault the parents for this problem? And lastly, why do we have exceptional kids even when they are from poor parents or illiterate ones?
Why should the parents be faulted in any of it. Truth of the matter is that people apply the knowledge they get differently. Some retain more than others. Some retain more and apply less. Some retain less and apply all. At the end of the day whatever child they have is the child they have. Also the person who said that it is largely inherited is right. I am just worried about someone referring to their child as dull. It seems the person is the dull one here

7 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by KanwuliaJara: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
A COMBO of nature and nurture! kiss

30 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by KanwuliaJara: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
If you are born of brilliant parents, without the proper environment. . . . .You remain a natural DUNCE! grin

Like NIGERIANS! cheesy

By the way, AVOID RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS BIGOTS! kiss

9 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by ayando(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara: A COMBO of nature and nurture! kiss
. When I saw ur id,my heart skips for micro seconds,lol. On a serious, you share the same opinion with her. Here is one of her responses: We talk of nature and nurture,nature is powerful compared to 'nurture' wc has ability to influence nature that is what u are talking about.
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by KanwuliaJara: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
ayando: . When I saw ur id,my heart skips for micro seconds,lol. On a serious, you share the same opinion with her. Here is one of her responses: We talk of nature and nurture,nature is powerful compared to 'nurture' wc has ability to influence nature that is what u are talking about.

Hiahhhhhhhn!
I don turn 'OJUJU CALABA' for NL wey my appearance go cause 'heart-beat-skippin'? grin
Thank my H-Agnostic GAAAAAAAAAAWD my husband nor dey feel intimidated o!
Where I for see 'Usban' marry for Nigeria? cheesy

Muchechecheche

I do not read the opinion of others before I post o.
I only read the TITLE OF A THREAD or A portion of the original post and HIT MY 'SEND' BUTTON!

Sooooooo. . . Yup! Many will share the same opinions on any given subject marra! kiss
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by lemmeknow: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
CHAI! daris God O! what a COMBA!

50mb@N100_1day+_airtime allowed 100mb@N200_3days_airtime allowed 330mb@N500_2wks_bank-payment only. 700mb@N1000_mthly_ bank-payment only 1gb@N1,400 -------- bank-payment only. 1.5gb @ N2,000 ---- bank-payment only 2gb@N2,500 -------- bank-payment only. 3gb@N3,900 -------- bank-payment

1 Like

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by KanwuliaJara: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
lemmeknow:
CHAI! daris God O! what a COMBA!

A COMBO. . .not A COMBA!
Combo. . . .short form of COMBINATION! kiss

3 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by davno: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Psychology research has shown dt d bulk of a child's IQ comes from d mother. Going by this, regardless of how intelligent a man is, if his wife is a dunce then the kids stand a very high chane of being dunces.

On d other hand, if a man of low intelligence marries a woman with a high IQ, the children more often than not turn out to be very intelligence.

Bear in mind dt a high IQ is like an empty container. It is simply a high capacity for brilliance. Therefore u decide what to fill d container with.

D child can be taught to become a brilliant musician, a brilliant doctor, a smart thief or even a very intelligent murderer. That's why some kids come straight from d village and within a few weeks outsmart their classmates who have been in d school all along.

On the other hand, u can take a child with low IQ to d best schools and he will come out a disappointment.

My advice is for men to marry brilliant women or trust in God for any change they desire.

56 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by ayando(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Hiahhhhhhhn!
I don turn 'OJUJU CALABA' for NL wey my appearance go cause 'heart-beat-skippin'? grin
Thank my H-Agnostic GAAAAAAAAAAWD my husband nor dey feel intimidated o!
Where I for see 'Usban' marry for Nigeria? cheesy

Muchechecheche

I do not read the opinion of others before I post o.
I only read the TITLE OF A THREAD or A portion of the original post and HIT MY 'SEND' BUTTON!

Sooooooo. . . Yup! Many will share the same opinions on any given subject marra! kiss
. Hahahahahahaha! Honestly, I relieve myself of stress or bad mood with ur posts and sometimes, I just smh. Thanks for ur comment.
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by mployer(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
ayando: . If genetics is the major factor, then it is right to say other factors can't make significant improvement. Is it right also to fault the parents for this problem? And lastly, why do we have exceptional kids even when they are from poor parents or illiterate ones?
Poor parents doesn't mean dull parents.
Again, if the parents are dull, one of the grandparents might be brilliant and the gene can manifest in the grandchild.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by ayando(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
davno: Psychology research has shown dt d bulk of a child's IQ comes from d mother. Going by this, regardless of how intelligent a man is, if his wife is a dunce then the kids stand a very high chane of being dunces.

On d other hand, if a man of low intelligence marries a woman with a high IQ, the children more often than not turn out to be very intelligence.

Bear in mind dt a high IQ is like an empty container. It is simply a high capacity for brilliance. Therefore u decide what to fill d container with.

D child can be taught to become a brilliant musician, a brilliant doctor, a smart thief or even a very intelligent murderer. That's why some kids come straight from d village and within a few weeks outsmart their classmates who have been in d school all along.

On the other hand, u can take a child with low IQ to d best schools and he will come out a disappointment.

My advice is for men to marry brilliant women or trust in God for any change they desire.
. Thank you for this information. Once heard of this before and now I am reading this. A food for thought indeed!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by KanwuliaJara: 1:44am On Aug 13, 2014
ayando: . Hahahahahahaha! Honestly, I relieve myself of stress or bad mood with ur posts and sometimes, I just smh. Thanks for ur comment.

Even better.
Dazzzzzzzzz guuuuuuuuud! grin
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by Atmmachine(m): 3:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Coconut water !!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by bunmioguns(m): 3:32am On Aug 13, 2014
I will say GOD

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by nairaman66(m): 3:37am On Aug 13, 2014
Booked!
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by sirjohnson(m): 3:39am On Aug 13, 2014
better IQ

1 Like

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by naturally: 3:40am On Aug 13, 2014

Exactly
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by nikkypearl(f): 3:48am On Aug 13, 2014
Drinking too much cold water during pregnancy undecided undecided
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by Kalvan1000: 3:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Environment and Genetics.
Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by tobounty(m): 3:53am On Aug 13, 2014
i strongly believe is as a result of wat d kid is exposed to!i believe a kid that moves wit people older than him has a tendency to be smarter than the one that rub shoulder wit his peers.....my 2cent

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by davidif: 3:53am On Aug 13, 2014
@OP,
There are various types of intelligence.
Check it here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1850593/9-types-intelligence-proposed-howard

2 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by bigfrancis21: 3:53am On Aug 13, 2014
ayando: Hello Nairalanders,
I hope this is the right place to discuss this? Although, I feel this should be because I will get the right responses.
What is/are responsible for a child's brilliancy?

I had a discussion with someone who was complaining bitterly about handling a dull child. My reasons are:
- Poor development of the brain during conception in the womb
- Poor nourishment during the formative years especially lack of protein.
- Hereditary.
- Environment

But she disagreed with first two listed and opined majorly on heredity. So my question: Is it impossible to produce bright kids even when the parents are not bright? Is the gene the major determinant of how bright one can be?

I know the genetic make up of an individual varies and it is not the same.
In summary, I just want to know if anything can be done to help a dull child and if there are ways to even prevent producing them in the first place?

Intelligence is naturally hereditary. It is dependent on two main factors - nature and nurture. First, nature provides the genes for intelligence. Intelligent children often tend to come from intelligent parents. However, the environment or 'nurture' in which the child grows up in determines how well the gene manifests or how well it is inhibited. It is all part of the nature vs nuture phenomenon in biology. The environment does play a huge part in manifesting one's intelligence. A proper and enabling environment can help improve the intelligence of a child of average intelligence by a few points as measured on the IQ test scale.

However, there is a trait called smartness which is very vital to succeeding in life which is different from intelligence. While intelligence tends to be inherited, smartness, on the other hand, is a trait that can be learned. While intelligence or 'book smartness' is required for academic success, it is not a guarantee of economic, social, mental success in life. In school, intelligence reigns, and in the actual world smartness reigns.

To succeed in life, one needs smartness in addition to whatever level of intelligence one has, a phrase called 'street smartness'. I have seen averagely intelligent people in school turn out to be very street smart on the street and successful in life because they were smart enough to realize the important things of life and know how to pull one or two strings together to succeed in life, and, on the other hand, I have seen intelligent people in school who turn out to be awkward and less street smart in real life outside the 4 walls of the university. In addition, I have seen people too who are both intelligent and smart at the same time.

17 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by Kalvan1000: 3:54am On Aug 13, 2014
bunmioguns: I will say GOD

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real

You're deluded.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by EmmaOgbu(m): 3:55am On Aug 13, 2014
Good foundation

1 Like

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by mascot87(m): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Eating enough beans

4 Likes

Re: What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy by bunmioguns(m): 3:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Kalvan1000:

You're deluded.

You want make thunder fire your yansh? Can't you comment without quoting me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson / Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.