Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Simple PCB Design - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Simple PCB Design (9577 Views)

PCB Recycling Business / Printed Circuit Board (PCB) / How Do I Get These Chemicals For Creating Pcb In Enugu Or Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple PCB Design by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
whaooooooooooooooooo......thanks. for this
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
[size=13pt]

@nisol

Thanks a lot. You're absolutely correct. We need to take the initiative so we can begin to churn out good materials that will be of benefit
to all. Overall, I am quite happy that you've begun something in that direction. Thanks again.

Here are a few images of some PCB works I did. Not very pretty though, I am still learning grin

The first Image is the PCB to the voice Record/playback unit using an MMC/SD card. The second Image is the underside of the PCB. You can clearly see the microSD socket I used. It was hectic designing the footprint. The last image is a vero-boarded design of the same work.

I also want to ask you the price for which you procure your copper board. As in size against cost.

Thank you Sir.[/size]

Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
@usisky

thanks for posting pictures of your work.

some points to note for good pcb design.

(1) keep copper tracks between components as short as possible. This would reduce resistance and stray inductance
(common causes of unwanted results in electronics circuit design)
(2) learn how to use the "ground pour" tool in your PCB design software. It eliminates spaghetti like ground connections in your design
and more importantly it reduces noise due to track resistance and stray inductance.
(3) if you pcb design software is quite popular, you can visit youtube for tutorial videos. You would be designing like a pro in no long time.
PCB price depends on availability. 4ft by 4ft goes for between =N=3,000 to =N=4,000
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2014
@nisol

Peace and Thanks a lot Sir.

nisol:
(1) keep copper tracks between components as short as possible. This would reduce resistance and stray inductance
(common causes of unwanted results in electronics circuit design)

Yes Sir, I am very much aware of such design rules. The problem is trying to effect that in my PCB designs as I am fairly new to in it. But thanks for the pointer. Greatly appreciated.

nisol:
(2) learn how to use the "ground pour" tool in your PCB design software. It eliminates spaghetti like ground connections in your design
and more importantly it reduces noise due to track resistance and stray inductance.

I don't think I have come across the term "ground pour" before. And I am not too sure what it means, but I have this inkling it refers to the width and layout of the grounding of the system board. I think it is what I see in professionally made pcd designs (including yours too). I will investigate a little about it.

nisol:
(3) if you pcb design software is quite popular, you can visit youtube for tutorial videos. You would be designing like a pro in no long time.
PCB price depends on availability. 4ft by 4ft goes for between =N=3,000 to =N=4,000

I use the ARES software that comes with the proteus suit, And I ain't too sure of its popularity. The videos I have been able to lay my hands on on YouTube do not really have much advance tutorial of how to use the ARES package. But it does appear that the Eagle CAD is quite popular amongst many. I am thinking of switching to a different platform; I solicit your advice on this Sir.

I will like to purchase your kinda copper board of the dimensions you have mention. How do I go about doing that sir?

And I must confess, your design is almost flawless. The layout is impressive. I will like to ask if you could explain how you imprint your top silk on your design. Please shed a little light on it. Also, the etchant you use and how you go about it will equally be helpful.

Thanks again Sir.
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
@usisky

There are other PCB design software in addition to EagleCAD. Test as many as you can and settle for the
one you are most comfortable with.

Look for complete tutorials on youtube/google. It would do you a lot of good.

PCB boards are sold in Oshodi, Mushin , Alaba.

The top screen and etching solution procedure was covered in a previous post
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 1:06am On Sep 27, 2014
^^^^^^Thanks so much Man! Appreciate....

I will consider other pcb design options. How can I get a contact that sells the boards? I will specifically want same as the one you use in your designs- they appear to be quite rigid and of good quality too. I reside quite far from Lagos. How can you help a brother out?

---Thanks!!!
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
^^hi there Mr. nisol.

I read somewhere online that one could use a solution of HCL + Hydrogen peroxide as an economical and effective enchant. It's quite effective as I read from the many testimonies of those who equally experimented with it. And it's economical in the sense that the used solution can be reused over and over again. And of course, it's also more environmentally friendly as compared to the traditional ferric chloride solution.

Can you confirm this. If you've never used this method before, please Google the following "stop using ferric chloride etchant". You'll find the article on the Instructibles website.

Thanks...

PS: iI will appreciate it if I can get a contact that I can purchase pcb material from. Please assist in any way you can. The one I can lay my hands on is not of good quality as the one you have used in the designs you showcased here. Thanks.
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Here is the link: Alternative etchant
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 5:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Sulfuric acid which I use is available from car battery sellers for about =N=700 for a 4litre plastic can.
HCL which might only be available from lab equipment suppliers around you would cost far much more.

Tell those you buy electronic components from that you are interested in buying pcb boards. They
can include it in their next stock, it is a very convenient method I use myself.
Re: Simple PCB Design by usisky(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2014
^^thanks much.

I will try research on how to use sulphuric acid in etching pcb.

As for procurement of the pcb board, there's a fellow I get it from in onitsha. The problem is that his one is the cheap type. The board is quite fragile and the copper is a little too thin for my liking. I wish I can get a contact's phone number from you or any other means you can assist me with. I would really appreciate it.

Can I contact you via any means? Email or anything else?

Thanks...
Re: Simple PCB Design by joeyarticles: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Determination Of Ferric Reducing Power

This was done using the method reported by Rusak et al. (2008). 1ml of the extract was mixed with 3.8mls of the ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) reagent and allowed to stand at room temperature for 4 minutes. A standard antioxidant solution of (BHT) was prepared and diluted to concentration of 700pm of Fe2+. The same volume (0.2mls) of the standard solution was treated the same way as the sample extract and the absorbance of the standard and sample extract were read in a spectrophotometer at 600nm. The blank was used to balance the spectrophotometer to zero. The formula below was used to calculate the reducing power.

% Reducing activity =

where

As = absorbance of standard solution

Au = absorbance of sample extract

RESULTS

PHYTOCHEMICALS
Phenol
Flavonoid
Figure 1: Phytochemical Contents of Talinum
http://www.joeyarticles.com/determination-ferric-reducing-power-talinum-triangulare/
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2015
I posted photos of three capacitors I was testing for
ESR with the pcb I built earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately, the nairaland bot banned my account/posts.
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2015
The test is of three capacitors; one 12,000uf and two 8,200uf
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2015
Physically they all appear to be ok.
However testing suggest otherwise.
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 11:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Below is what a normal ESR reading should show on
the meter scale (analogue for now, maybe one day in future I would make it a digital readout)

The meter deflects slightly to the right of the number 2.

Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
Incidentally, the picture above was from testing the 12,000uf capacitor.

below is one of the 8,200uf capacitor.

the meter deflects almost to the middle point between the numbers 2 and 5.

Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2015
the next picture is of the last 8,200uf
capacitor. The meter is clearly on the number 5

Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2015
the tests show varying ESR values for capacitors that look
similar.
For actual use (especially in a high frequency switching circuit),
the capacitor with the least ESR value is most suitable
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Spot the difference.

Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
nisol:

mix acid to be used in etching of the board

I use hydrogen peroxide + sulfuric acid + water

the higher the concentration the faster the etching, however if concentration is
too high it would damage the board.
please where can I get sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide in Nigeria?
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
@temizeee

hydrogen peroxide sold in the chemicals section of most markets (particularly soap makers)
you can buy sulfuric acid from those who sell car batteries (buy the diluted one)
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
nisol:

@temizeee

hydrogen peroxide sold in the chemicals section of most markets (particularly soap makers)
you can buy sulfuric acid from those who sell car batteries (buy the diluted one)
thanks for the help, but can i use the hydrogen peroxide at chemist shop? i saw one today they wrote hydrogen peroxide on it they also call it mouth wash
also u mean car battery seller? like can i get it from road side battery repairers? ( d so called REWIRE)? TANX FOR D RESPONSE.
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
@temizeee

hydrogen peroxide in mouth wash is too weak for etching;
and yes i mean car battery seller, the acid usually comes
in a small plastic jerrycan
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
nisol:
@temizeee
hydrogen peroxide in mouth wash is too weak for etching; and yes i mean car battery seller, the acid usually comes in a small plastic jerrycan
tanx alot. will get from the source u said....
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
please what is the local name of glossy paper? paper shop couldn't get what I mean.. tanx
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Glossy paper is available from those who sell
printing materials... those who sell ordinary stationery
would not know what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
nisol:

Glossy paper is available from those who sell
printing materials... those who sell ordinary stationery
would not know what you are talking about.
thanks very much bro..i really appreciate your guidance.
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
sir. i was able to get car acid battery today and i was able to etch a pcb board with the hydrogen peroxide i bought at chemist shop......i couldnt believe it worked. i saw d solution changed to green..d same i use to see on youtube videos.......just to let u know sir......#wekeeplearning
Re: Simple PCB Design by nisol: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok good.

Hope you have some photos for us
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
nisol:

Ok good.

Hope you have some photos for us
will try n do that later i promise for sure.
Re: Simple PCB Design by temizeee(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
oga nisol, please how much is hand drill pcb n do u av idea of wea to get it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Bypass Frp Lock Or Unlock Google Account Lock On Huawei Lua-u22 / God Is Great !!! See Amazing Photos Of Where Where A River Meets Another / How To Lock Your Phone's Data Connection And Wi-fi For Proper Data Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.