Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. (10027 Views)

Marine Plywood, Security Doors, MDF Board, Stone Coated Roofing Tiles / Israeli Mul-t-lock Security Doors And High Quality Mdf Doors. / Imported White/cream Wooden Or MDF Doors Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by ibuowo1212: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nairaland, please I need some people with the knowledge of this product Mdf gloss use for Furniture to enlightened me on the quality to buy, and the various colors that they comes with and what is the price per sheets in Nigeria as of present, because i need it for my kitchen and doors.Reasonable response are highly appreciated in advance. Thanks
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by Pptyconcession: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please don't use MDF in the kitchen ooooo. Its not good for water.
So for the kitchen cabinets, please use the normal plywood with great qualities.
For your wardrobes, you can use MDF but even fot the wardrobe, ok still suggest Plywood..
You can get
Akala Colour
Black
Brown
Wine Colour.......etc...
As for the price, call me ,i can supply you.....atleast I tried nah..... how many do you want ?
Omo Naija......
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by ibuowo1212: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Why do you suggest plywood instead of mdf gloss? All I need is the price per sheet and the colors in vogue. I will need up to 50 sheets. ASAP.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by csiworksnig(f): 1:10am On Aug 13, 2014
the difference between mdf gloss boards and plywood is that plywood is water resistant while the other is not, although it slips water away due to its slippery surface.

my advice is use glossy mdf for doors to kitchen cabineta and wardrobe doors only, the other parts use hdf which is high density fibre board.

it will save cost. i am into furnishing and custom woodworks

i can supply high gloss china for 21,000
italy for 24,000
hdf for 9000
mdf for 6000

exclusive of transportation

call me on 08028540261
email csiworksnig@gmail.com

the colours readily available for high gloss re light brown, red, white and ash and black. other boards comes in various colours.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by ibuowo1212: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thanks so much for your candid advice I really appreciate it. I like the mdf gloss better but can you show me some pictures of the various one you mentioned here and put their prices under it. Again thanks so much csiworkingsng.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by Pptyconcession: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
I suggested the plywood which is called hdf...(high density fibre) board because even if its soaked in water...its stand firm and would not pull off.
But for the mdf called (medium density fibre) board is not in any way water resistance because once water soaked it, it becomes useless and all the grinded cartoon in it will come out...which amount to waste of money.
I still suggest that you use the hdf for the kitchen cabinets please which will go a long way to help you and also for the bedroom wardrobes.

Another difference again is that as mdf is continuously open to and forth on the long run its slacks at the side hinges .....and will drop off (I mean fall) of the hinges.

You can check the attached pics for the mdf bedroom wardrobe and the hdf bedroom wardrobe I just did this week.
As for my prices, call me or send me an email.....I will send you the price quotes...they are the most reasonable prices ever.....exclusive of transport oooooo.
thepropertyconcession@gmail.com
my website...as a property agent.I handle all house finishes also ranging from tiles.......toilet fittings, electricals...etc....
thepropertyconcessioncompany.estateagentsng.com

Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by ibuowo1212: 2:29am On Aug 14, 2014
P pityconcessions thanks for letting me see the difference from both the highest and mdf,I guess if I don't have any one to oppose your idea I will have to go with you. So, are you saying the mdf gloss is not good for kitchen top and doors because is medium density fiber? Since there is no picture of kitchen top to back it up.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by Pptyconcession: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
price quote for hdf is eight k and mdf is five k.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by istambul(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
I think there is a misunderstanding at the explanation and with the comparison of Plywood with MDF boards.

Plywood is a nice and strong wood product but is not preferred for home furnitures like kitchen cabinets, warderobe, bed, etc. It is mostly used in floors, walls and roofs in home constructions, Wind bracing panels, Vehicle internal body work, Packages and boxes, Fencing etc
Plywood is an engineerd board and is used mostly in industrial and construction sectors, e.g for building concrete moldings etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plywood

The gentleman who said "Please don't use MDF in the kitchen ooooo. Its not good for water.
So for the kitchen cabinets, please use the normal plywood with great qualities." probably his memory has tricked him and make him mention MDF instead of Chipboard (Particle board). Because what he has explained does exactly suits Chipboard (Particle board).

MDF (=Medium Density Fibreboard) is more water resistant, moisture resistant and stronger than Chipboard (Particle board) and is denser than Plywood and Chipboard. There are also fire retardant MDF boards.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard

We as Beypan Entegre A.S. are producing high quality Turkish MDF boards. Our factory plant is located in Kayseri Turkey. our main products are: MDF, Laminated MDF and Painted MDF.

Please check our web site: www.beypan.com.tr

1 Like

Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by zhuvmark: 3:32am On Aug 26, 2015
[quote author=ibuowo1212 post=25423369]Nairaland, please I need some people with the knowledge of this product Mdf gloss use for Furniture to enlightened me on the quality to buy, and the various colors that they comes with and what is the price per sheets in Nigeria as of present, because i need it for my kitchen and doors.Reasonable response are highly appreciated in advance. Thanks[/quo
if you do good job for edge banding . MDF board can be water resistant scratch resistant .

Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by zhuvmark: 3:35am On Aug 26, 2015
csiworksnig:
the difference between mdf gloss boards and plywood is that plywood is water resistant while the other is not, although it slips water away due to its slippery surface.

my advice is use glossy mdf for doors to kitchen cabineta and wardrobe doors only, the other parts use hdf which is high density fibre board.

it will save cost. i am into furnishing and custom woodworks

i can supply high gloss china for 21,000
italy for 24,000
hdf for 9000
mdf for 6000

exclusive of transportation

call me on 08028540261
email csiworksnig@gmail.com

the colours readily available for high gloss re light brown, red, white and ash and black. other boards comes in various colours.
Here we can show you more pictures about high glossy MDF . surface have add 1mm acrylic sheet , have mmore than 400 colors can choose

Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by adanny01(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Due to the fall in construction jobs in Nigeria, i am free and considering embarking on a major DIY MDF or HDF job for my personal house to save myself cost of labour and get more experience.

I intend to make kitchen cabinets, wardropes, bed/side drawers, drawers, buffet cupboard, entertainment console, interior door trims/casing.

Instead of labour i wish to buy tools. Power tools like circular saw, drill, screw driver others are vice grip, G-clamp, chisel, planer, plumb level, tri-square or combination square, utility knife,

I have watched youtube videos and do not find any thing hard. I am quite handy. The only part i imagine to be hard is framing, trim fitting and hanging interior doors. The doors i want to buy laminate wood doors and buy same laminate HDF to be used for frame and trim.

Right now i am comparing which is cheaper to get a good contractor or DIY. I want to save myself the stress if i get a good bargain. A cousin of mine is an apperentice carpenter, i want to use him as assistant which i will give him all the tools to start off by himself.

How possible is my plans?

1 Like

Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by siobh: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
Pptyconcession:
I suggested the plywood which is called hdf...(high density fibre) board because even if its soaked in water...its stand firm and would not pull off.
But for the mdf called (medium density fibre) board is not in any way water resistance because once water soaked it, it becomes useless and all the grinded cartoon in it will come out...which amount to waste of money.
I still suggest that you use the hdf for the kitchen cabinets please which will go a long way to help you and also for the bedroom wardrobes.
Another difference again is that as mdf is continuously open to and forth on the long run its slacks at the side hinges .....and will drop off (I mean fall) of the hinges.
You can check the attached pics for the mdf bedroom wardrobe and the hdf bedroom wardrobe I just did this week.
As for my prices, call me or send me an email.....I will send you the price quotes...they are the most reasonable prices ever.....exclusive of transport oooooo.
thepropertyconcession@gmail.com
my website...as a property agent.I handle all house finishes also ranging from tiles.......toilet fittings, electricals...etc....
thepropertyconcessioncompany.estateagentsng.com
do you still supply hdf woods, kindly pm me, i want to purchase some.
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by istambul(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2015
smiley Happy New Year To All You Nice People Over There. smiley

I Hope This New Year Brings You More Happiness, Peace, Prosperity And Blessings So That Nigeria Become More Prosperous And Powerful.

Greetings From Kayseri - Turkey

Saygılarımla / Best regards

Cengiz YÜCEL
Foreign Trade Chief

Beypan Entegre Orman Ürünleri San. Ve Tic. A.Ş.
Adres / Address : 1. O.S.B. 13. Cad. No: 5, 38070 Melikgazi / Kayseri – TURKEY
Tel. / Phone : +90 (352) 321 29 10 - 129
Faks / Fax : +90 (352) 321 29 15
Cep / Mobile : +90 505 379 90 77
E-Posta / E-Mail : export@beypan.com.tr
WEB : www.beypan.com.tr
Skype ID : beygroup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BO7zPwu58U
Re: Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture. by FurnishNigeria: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
Everyday our Customers wants access to beautiful and wide-range of furniture designs, homeware, and interior décor items but cannot easily find them from traditional showrooms. From our experience, quality furniture at showrooms are ridiculously expensive and out of the reach of the common man. Local carpenters are notorious for inferior jobs, non-adherence to specifications, and poor delivery time.

Introducing Furnish.NG. Furnish.NG (www.furnish.ng) provides access to Nigeria's largest online catalogue of beautiful furniture designs and takes the hassles away from the customer by interfacing with the craftsmen while you face your daily job. We ensure that the right fabric or leather, wood, and other accessories are used for the construction of your furniture through our comprehensive quality assurance policy.

At Furnish.NG, you can find a large MDF & HDF furniture such as beds, bedside tables/nightstands, wardrobes, tables, and kitchen cupboards, shelves, and tops.

Give a try today and you will never regret it. Get 5% OFF any order when you purchase with code: NAIRALAND.

(1) (Reply)

Best Modern Pop Celings, Artworks, Cornices, Skirtings @ Affordable Rates / Banana Island- A Wonderful Creation Of Late Chief Adebayo Adeleke / Review, Bash Or Praise Your Clients, Builders, Suppliers Or Service Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.