Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

James And Esther: A Story - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James And Esther: A Story (6651 Views)

Poll: Rate this story on a scale of 1 to 4

4 (Very Good): 43% (21 votes)
3 (Good): 41% (20 votes)
2 (Fair): 6% (3 votes)
1 (Poor): 8% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James And Esther: A Story by mrmayor(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2006
Damest09,Ikamefa,

Damest09:

@mrmayor
Can we have another great story, if it not a trouble?
I would like to write another story but I can't think of any title/idea right now,if any member is interested we could write a chain story.Its where one member starts a story and other contributing members take the story in a different direction,it creates a lot of suspense.Seun,Damsal,Ikamefa,Damest09 and other writers are welcomed to join this experiment.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by ikamefa(f): 2:37am On Aug 02, 2006
@ mayor thats a cool idea though tongue, but if i write rubbish oh when its ma turn to write tongue make una no talk oh tongue grin
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Seun(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2006
Re: James And Esther: A Story by 2fine4u(f): 1:32am On Aug 03, 2006
WOW!!! one of the best stories i've read on this forum shocked dang mr. mayor you are such a great writer. i read the whole thing and it was worth reading kiss i was actually in this boring class while i was reading it and u made my stay in class very exciting, thanks man and good luck in the future if u decide to pursue this cuzz u are really good at it.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by bagoma(f): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2006
well done mrmayor of canterbury,
i enjoyed the story thoroughly. i've always been a sucker for happy endings.

but my brother, the sex scene was rather too raw, it could have done with some refining and fine tuning. abi, no be so?
nevertheless, me i gbadun the story weller. cheesy wink
Re: James And Esther: A Story by mrmayor(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2006
Bagoma,

I understand where you are coming from,you would prefer if I wrote "they made love all night long"the problem is some people would still find it too raw.
I like saying it as it is,I present sex as it should be,explicit as it comes.In describing a sex scene its important to give the reader a ring side seat,make the reader understand how two consenting adults explored each other.

I made the fight scene between Esther and Iya Sikira as realistic as possible and it would be unfair to make leave the sex scene to the imagination.Just saying they made love doesn't say they enjoyed it or described how they felt after "making love".

Thanks for your comments,

Cheers
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Damest09(f): 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ mrmayor

I find every bits of the story interesting and as for me personally, i wouldn't want you to change a bit of the story.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Seun(m): 12:21am On Aug 04, 2006
make the reader understand how two consenting adults explored each other
den den, mrmayor is producing pr0n for us!
Re: James And Esther: A Story by ikamefa(f): 3:01am On Aug 04, 2006
Seun:

den den, mrmayor is producing pr0n for us!

yes oh na real!  pr0n  shocked  shocked   olodo grin grin
Re: James And Esther: A Story by bagoma(f): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2006
oh mr mayor, i wouldnt want you to just say they made love all night long, no way that is just too simple.
i wish i had time to give you an example of what i mean but never mind i promise to post a very juicy lovemaking scene soonest.
well done again for the story, good job for an amateur.
again i say i enjoyed it.
cheers.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by mrmayor(m): 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2006
Bagoma,

I can't wait for your comments,I really need helpful suggestions to write better stories.

Thanking you in advance

Cheers
Re: James And Esther: A Story by babonboard(f): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2006
mrmayor cheesy cheesy cheesy
to say ur story is nice is an understatement its da bomb
keep it up ple who knows one day u will be on ur way to hollywood wink wink wink wink wink
Re: James And Esther: A Story by anniebear(f): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2006
mrmayor, y didn't u finish the story? i was actually looking forward to the end of it , pls, try and make it available, ican't wait anymore, is like waiting for one of this nigerians movies that has part 2, i think u'll make a very good script writer, u really have the talent, do something about it before it waste away and you should put this in VHS and VCD im sure is gonna sell very well.
nice one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: James And Esther: A Story by cutieexx(f): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2006
cheesy cheesy grin cool @ mrmayor, ur story is really da bomb unless we Nairans wouldn't be praising u this way. It's pure honesty. I enjoyed ur story because from the beginning u knew how to capture your readers attention. It was a fabulous piece of writing. I write too, but never have online and i just wanna drop one tip that's if i'm not going off line. cheesy:
use puntuation marks when writing daialogues. It creates more space and makes it easier for reader to read faster and understand the characters' tone(if they're asking a question, commanding someone or else (it surely makes it enjoying for me). Anyway, that's whoosh, because we're africans and we feel u so there really is no need to make it perfect,(except when it's got to be written as a book). Like u said it's for only africans, because even europeans and other races wouldn't understand our broken english. There again u make ur story unique because it's the first broken english story.i've read and I loved it.
cheesy grin cool cry cry well done

P.S: as for the story building game, I'm in grin.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by DereI(f): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
Mr mayor,
U try no be small. Kai!! Its just as if i'm watching a movie.
Infact, This will make a real movie.
I can't wait to read the next scene, Abi na act by act?
Peace!!!
Re: James And Esther: A Story by chyziani: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2006
DAM Mr. Mayor u really tried. C'mon I enjoyed every single bit of ur movie-story! Bobs u r the BOMB!, We the NAIRANS r so proud of u'.
MAKE THE UPCOMING STORY FAST OOOH I dey beg! wink
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Seun(m): 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2006
Honestly, I'm jealous of mrmayor. I don't understand the popularity of this story!!
Re: James And Esther: A Story by ikamefa(f): 1:05am On Aug 10, 2006
@ mayor do you have another story in the works? tongue cheesy
Re: James And Esther: A Story by 2fine4u(f): 3:09am On Aug 10, 2006
Seun don't be jealous ok, you can try and write one and maybe we will praise you that's if it's as good as mrmayor's undecided
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Seun(m): 5:08am On Aug 10, 2006
Well I have written two stories so far. One is on the front page. None has been rated as highly as this one.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by cutieexx(f): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2006
undecided
Re: James And Esther: A Story by babonboard(f): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2006
mrmayor
why now no new story yet?
Re: James And Esther: A Story by mrmayor(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2006
Nairalanders,

Thank you very much for your compliments,what can I say am really flattered.I have a few ideas about other stories but am finding it difficult developing a story line.

1.About young Nigerians starting a revelution to change Nigeria for the better.The revulution would be bloody,it will be televised and the revulution will not fail.
2.Forbidden Love.Love between a Lady Pastor and a Muslim Activist.They are drawn to each other but have to deal with their different faiths and what their friends and family would say and do.
3.Trials and Tribulations of a young Nigerian Graduate In Europe.

Guys please be patient am working hard for you.

Thanking all the women on this forum am glad you liked the story and am taking all your advice seriously.

Cheers
Re: James And Esther: A Story by cutieexx(f): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2006
wink great
Re: James And Esther: A Story by mrmayor(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2006
@All.

I promised I would write another story but I have no made any real progress till Seun's post about scripts for movies.Writing is really harder than I thought I would be especially if you want to keep the story original and relevent to your readers.

My next story is about a subject very close to my heart,which is discussed in all Nigerian homes in the diaspora

1.Do we go back home?
2.When can we go back home
3.How do we the "Westernized"Nigerians fit in a chaotic society with multitude of problems.

RETURN FROM EXILE[

This story is about a self exiled successful Nigerian doctor in Britain who had decided to pack it all in and return home.The good doctor though successful in the UK had never felt at home in his adopted country.He never felt confortable in his new country,unmarried and lonely after a string of bad relationships and he felt so home sick,he wants to feel the warm embraced of his mother again and eat proper food "wey dem wash hand cook"not all that phony Nigerian cuisine sold all over London.

Guys,

I hope you would enjoy the story as this one,feel free to criticize as you want I'll take no offense,I'll try and complete the story as the days progress.

Thanks
Re: James And Esther: A Story by ikamefa(f): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2006
* salivating* tongue
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Mobyloaded(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Re: James And Esther: A Story by Maryclaire1(f): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
I luv happy ending.nice story.
Re: James And Esther: A Story by INCUBATHOR(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ka:
MrMayor,

I was going to comment on this, but I was laughing too loud to come up with anything sensible!
..me sef just dy observe...chaaii..sista xta go suffer...(sit nd relax as i sip my chill bottle of mountain dew)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mansa: Season 1 (A Ghanaian story) / Romantic Story : - Dirty Game (18+) Season 1 Episode 1 / 7hours Before Dawn (scary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.