Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,406 members, 7,781,180 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Can you remember this Game ? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can you remember this Game ? (1568 Views)

Do You Remember This Game?! / Do You Remember This One / Guys Do You Remember These Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can you remember this Game ? by Mgpaki(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Looking back in retrospect to my childhood days, i decided to share to my fellow nairalanders my favourite game then; Kantas.
"Kantas" as we call it in our native Hausa Language is a game which follows the format of football.

The Players.

The players consist bottled soft drinks crowns (pepsi, 7up etc) and sometimes mentholatum and robb containers. The goal keeper is usually a radio cassette

The Stadium.

The stadium is a rectangular area of about 45m long and 25m wide (when playing inside the house, we use the floor tiles for measurement) . The goal poles are made from flexible metals and rag is used as the net.

Format.

The game following the football format e.g 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 5-4-1 based on the team you are using(usually select my own favourite football team, R.Madrid).

No need for a refree or a line man.

Best game ever.

@mGpaki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can you remember this Game ? by nerodenero: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
The local PS grin grin.It was fun playing it back then.
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by cirmuell(m): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
it's the same in Yoruba land...wonder why kids of this age don't do these stuffz anymore; mobile phones I guess.

I'm trying hard to remember how to play this game again. ↓ more like the board game called 'draft' or something. I really loved it back then in Basics. grin

Re: Can you remember this Game ? by Mgpaki(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2014
all of you wey dey view my topic without commenting, deris god oh!

2 Likes

Re: Can you remember this Game ? by aspaki(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mgpaki: Looking back in retrospect to my childhood days, i decided to share to my fellow nairalanders my favourite game then; Kantas.
"Kantas" as we call it in our native Hausa Language is a game which follows the format of football.

The Players.

The players consist bottled soft drinks crowns (pepsi, 7up etc) and sometimes mentholatum and robb containers. The goal keeper is usually a radio cassette

The Stadium.

The stadium is a rectangular area of about 45m long and 25m wide (when playing inside the house, we use the floor tiles for measurement) . The goal poles are made from flexible metals and rag is used as the net.

Format.

The game following the football format e.g 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 5-4-1 based on the team you are using(usually select my own favourite football team, R.Madrid).

Best game ever.

@mGpaki
its da bst sure
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2014
I loved that game,when my neighbours were'nt around I begged my sisters to play.
#ThoseDays
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by Dreyl(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Mgpaki: Looking back in retrospect to my childhood days, i decided to share to my fellow nairalanders my favourite game then; Kantas.

The Players.

The Stadium.

Format.

Best game ever.

@mGpaki
wow!this cantas football was one of my best game then.
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by Mgpaki(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dreyl: wow!this cantas football was one of my best game then.
I felt ashamed when I realize. that one of my juniors knows how to play it now.
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by ebuksama(m): 2:39am On Sep 21, 2014
cirmuell: it's the same in Yoruba land...wonder why kids of this age don't do these stuffz anymore; mobile phones I guess.

I'm trying hard to remember how to play this game again. ↓ more like the board game called 'draft' or something. I really loved it back then in Basics. grin
actually it is PlayStation
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by ebuksama(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2014

The Players.

The Stadium.

Format.

Best game ever.

@mGpaki
me and my elder brother is to play it back then until we get playstation my psn ID is buksbaba grin
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by Mgpaki(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
ebuksama: me and my elder brother is to play it back then until we get playstation my psn ID is buksbaba grin
we stopped playing it when we started secondary skool
Re: Can you remember this Game ? by Madawaki01(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wow,i can remember mehn,if u wanna shoot a very gud shot,just put two fingers in front of the ball,then use ur thumb finger to push ur counters,goal!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Android 3D Games / PES 14/15 In Ph For Laptop / Any Scrabble Center In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.