Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships (10316 Views)

Nigeria Wins Women's 4x400m Gold At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Women's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump At The African Athletics Championships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Donkaz(m): 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Atleast the men are picking up

Up naija!
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Blaqsmith(m): 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
A lady was feeling feverish and she visited the
hospital for check up. After the test was carried
out .......
DOCTOR: emm .......... madam
LADY: yes doctor
DOCTOR: we are sorry to tell you that .........
LADY: doctor pls talk 2 me, just say it
DOCTOR: madam, d result here shows dat u ..... u......
are
LADY: pls go straight 2 d point and stop all dis
pranks.
DOCTOR: I don't know how u will take it but what I'm
seeing here shows dat u are positive.
LADY: positive of what doctor
DOCTOR: ehmm........ HIV
LADY: (shout) PRAISE THE LORD !!!!
DOCTOR: (surprised) but madam, I just said u are
HIV positive, why are u prasing d Lord.
LADY: thank u doctor, I thought is EBOLA.
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by misterjosh(m): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hw abot d South Africans... Didn't they compete. D guys dat rep'd them @ d commonwealth games were rili gud.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by deeobserver209(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Finally the boys won something after trials and temptation.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by mediachirps(m): 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Congrats, always representing our nation
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Desdola(m): 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Congratz to the boys. more medals coming...
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Ashantiking: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
internetpo: Wow! united Nigeria winning Gold. me likey.
Step up guyz lets equal the gals tally.

Ghana always carrying last :p cheesy

Go boyz
Go girlz
Go Team Nigeria.

Is Ghana the only country in Africa. Haba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by ibdeals1(m): 12:08am On Aug 13, 2014
zopaks: great

the tv is 38,000 naira now as against the 35 u wrote angry
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by 1Book(m): 12:09am On Aug 13, 2014
...Maybe Nigerian athlets are now Using what BEN JOHNSON of Canada used in 1988 Olympics @ seoul...just thinking aloud!!!
...Anyway, Congrats Guyzzz...
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by daveP(m): 12:33am On Aug 13, 2014
CFCfan: The Nigerian quartet of Oghene Egwero, Mozavdous Edwards, Mark Jelks and Obinna Metu won the GOLD in 38.80 seconds.

The Ghanaians took the silver with a time of 39.28 seconds, whilst the Algerians took the bronze in 39.89 seconds.

Nigeria have now won 5 GOLD medals.
how come these guy got that time? Thats an average of 9.6seconds/sprinter? Yet they cant even smell sub-10 since they all began running. Metu should probably stick to this relay. Seems it helps his lazy legs. Am shocked at that time
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by ultraawesome(m): 12:34am On Aug 13, 2014
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by daveP(m): 12:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Marksule: Wow. Some Nigerians making us proud.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE

OUR DEAR NATIVELAND. THOUGH TRIBE AND TONGUE MAY DIFFER,..... CONGRATS TO RELAY TEAM!!
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 13, 2014
daveP: how come these guy got that time? Thats an average of 9.6seconds/sprinter? Yet they cant even smell sub-10 since they all began running. Metu should probably stick to this relay. Seems it helps his lazy legs. Am shocked at that time
I wasn't too surprised by their time. Remember that at the last CWG, they finished 2nd behind Jamaica (with Usain Bolt) in the 4x100m semifinal; so I was expecting them to at least get a bronze in the AAC.

Sometimes, athletes who aren't good individually, are very good in a relay team. A good eg is the British men's 4x100m team that surprisingly won gold at the 2004 Olympics. Everyone was tipping the US, with her superior individual runners, to win it.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by daveP(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2014
CFCfan:
I wasn't too surprised by their time. Remember that at the last CWG, they finished 2nd behind Jamaica (with Usain Bolt) in the 4x100m semifinal; so I was expecting them to at least get a bronze in the AAC.

Sometimes, athletes who aren't good individually, are very good in a relay team. A good eg is the British men's 4x100m team that surprisingly won gold at the 2004 Olympics. Everyone was tipping the US, with her superior individual runners, to win it.
i guess this is a pointer that we should specialize as weve done in the past on this relay aspect.

Overall i miss Carmelita Jeter ( gave Blessing and SAFP TOUGH time)
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by UrbanMystique: 12:50am On Aug 13, 2014
Ashantiking:

Is Ghana the only country in Africa. Haba
dot feel to important... he mentioned ghana because they came second. he would have said the same if it happens to be togo or somalia. get it?
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Ashantiking: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2014
UrbanMystique: dot feel to important... he mentioned ghana because they came second. he would have said the same if it happens to be togo or somalia. get it?

Well go through this forum and u will see the amount of time Ghana is mentioned compared to other countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by rattlesnake(m): 12:51am On Aug 13, 2014
This competition must be China made and fake
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by phreakabit(m): 12:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Na here dem dey see dem. Guy wey dey answer Jelqs mtchew.... No be only jelqs na kegel.
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by UrbanMystique: 1:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Ashantiking:

Well go through this forum and u will see the amount of time Ghana is mentioned compared to other countries.
same with south africans.
and that's because there are many ghanaians here flexing muscles, acting like they are something, trying to compete with nigeria (out of inferiority complex may be). acting as if someone cares about a country that is politically, financially, economically, socially less than small lagos when no one actually cares.

if we have the presence of Ethiopians or zimbabweans or even russians or any country like the ghanaians trying to compete with nigerians by spreading hate. that's what gonna happen.

so again, dont feel to important.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 13, 2014
I wonder what happened to the south african quartet, they finished 4th in glasgow with a time of 38.35. Nigeria's 38.80 would have placed them at 5th in glasgow.

Our men need to improve, unfortunately,the duo of metu and egwero have been there a while,participated in so many local meets and national sports festival without much improvement when they run outside Nigeria.

The likes of MTN,GLO need to invest in athletics,the last we did well individually was more than 20 years ago when we had the likes of Ezinwa twins..Osmond and Davidson,Olapede Adenikan,Francis Obikwelu who later changed to Portugal.We need that golden era back.

Some people are made/born to run,but end up as cashiers in banks and places where they should not be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Ashantiking: 1:07am On Aug 13, 2014
UrbanMystique: same with south africans.
and that's because there are many ghanaians here flexing muscles, acting like they are something, trying to compete with nigeria (out of inferiority complex may be). acting as if someone cares about a country that is politically, financially, economically, socially less than small lagos when no one actually cares.

if we have the presence of Ethiopians or zimbabweans or even russians or any country like the ghanaians trying to compete with nigerians spreading hate. that's what gonna happen.

so again, dont feel to important.

First of all there aren't even 10 Ghanaians on this forum and the ones on here are not even regular posters we only post on threads relating to Ghana.

Nigerians try to compete with us, trust me we don't aspire to be like Nigeria. You will never hear a Ghanaian utter the word why can't we learn from Nigeria or why can't we be like Nigeria but you will hear Nigerians say that.

Nigerians are all about quantity while we are about quality. It doesn't matter if lagos is bigger and whatnot. The important question should be does the average Nigeria has a better life than its Ghanaian counterpart and the and answer is no.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by zurine(f): 1:07am On Aug 13, 2014
wow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 13, 2014
Nigeria is such a great nation. I wish we really had our acts together

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by UrbanMystique: 1:32am On Aug 13, 2014
Ashantiking:

First of all there aren't even 10 Ghanaians on this forum and the ones on here are not even regular posters we only post on threads relating to Ghana.
they may not be up to 10. i wouldnt know. but the ones we have are loud mouth see no good maniacs. i remember there use to be one somali guy that always act like king of the world on nairaland and how people reply him like they hate somalis.. point is, nigerians dont about somalis but we dont like someone spewing trash about the country especially from outsider that knows next to nothing about the country.

Nigerians try to compete with us, trust me we don't aspire to be like Nigeria. You will never hear a Ghanaian utter the word why can't we learn from Nigeria or why can't we be like Nigeria but you will hear Nigerians say that.
lol really? this is the funniest thing i have read so far on nairaland.. lmao. why in the world would anyone wanna be like a ghanaian?

Nigerians are all about quantity while we are about quantity. It doesn't matter if lagos is bigger and whatnot. The important question should be does the average Nigeria has a better life than its Ghanaian counterpart and the and answer is no.
lol, so you see, who is competing with who now? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by daben1(m): 1:45am On Aug 13, 2014
CFCfan: The Nigerian quartet of Oghene Egwero, Mozavdous Edwards, Mark Jelks and Obinna Metu won the GOLD in 38.80 seconds.

The Ghanaians took the silver with a time of 39.28 seconds, whilst the Algerians took the bronze in 39.89 seconds.

good REP guys!
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Ashantiking: 1:47am On Aug 13, 2014
UrbanMystique: they may not be up to 10. i wouldnt know. but the ones we have are loud mouth see no good maniacs. i remember there use to be one somali guy that always act like king of the world on nairaland and how people reply him like they hate somalis.. point is, nigerians dont about somalis but we dont like someone spewing trash about the country especially from outsider that knows next to nothing about the country.

lol really? this is the funniest thing i have read so far on nairaland.. lmao. why in the world would anyone wanna be like a ghanaian?

lol, so you see, who is competing with who now? grin

The point I was trying to make is Nigeria put emphasis on quantity, u equate greatness with quantity while we Ghanaians put emphasis on quality.

A Nigerian will say we produce the most movies in Africa and a Ghanaian will reply with but our quality is better. A nigerian will say we produce more electricity than Ghana but a Ghanaian will at least our light can stay on for more than two hours. A nigerian will say we have more universities and Ghanaian will but we have better schools. Nigerian will say nigeria is bigger richer than Ghana but a Ghanaian will say the average Ghanaian has better life.

It's about quality and not quantity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by UrbanMystique: 2:02am On Aug 13, 2014
Ashantiking:

The point I was trying to make is Nigeria put emphasis on quantity, u equate greatness with quantity while we Ghanaians put emphasis on quality.

A Nigerian will say we produce the most movies in Africa and a Ghanaian will reply with but our quality is better. A nigerian will say we produce more electricity than Ghana but a Ghanaian will at least our light can stay on for more than two hours. A nigerian will say we have more universities and Ghanaian will but we have better schools. Nigerian will say nigeria is bigger richer than Ghana but a Ghanaian will say the average Ghanaian has better life.

It's about quality and not quantity.
ok... i hear you.

infact, everything about ghana is perfect.. ghana is the best country in the world. even the americans wanna be like ghanaians. happy now? keep massaging your ego with that. lol embarassed
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Ashantiking: 2:08am On Aug 13, 2014
UrbanMystique: ok... i hear you.

infact, everything about ghana is perfect.. ghana is the best country in the world. even the americans wanna be like ghanaians. happy now? keep massaging your ego with that. lol embarassed

Ghana is not perfect, infact to be human is to be imperfect, so I don't expect any country to be perfect.

I am just letting you know some of the differences I notice about Ghanaians and Nigerians pertaining to greatness. Since Nigeria is big they equate being great in the sense of quantity Ghana on the other hand equate greatness on the quality of what u have.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Weldone boys grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships by Wasquad(m): 3:37am On Aug 13, 2014

6 gold medals.....on top of the medal table.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 25th Birthday To Lionel Messi / CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 / Rohr Misses Ighalo, Speaks Out About Eagles’ Strike Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.