Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos (792 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society / Your Experience On Klm To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos by Omomehn: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2014
I came to lagos when i was about 10 years old. That was in 2001. I was surprised to find that commercial bikers (okada men) have sound systems on their bikes. The way they were bumping songs like "eedris you don hit my car, owo repete" by the then rave of the moment Tony Tetuila could make the blind think it was coming from a lexus jeep. Another shock i got was how some guys(agbero) would come out from no where at some strategic points and be like "owo da" and the conductor will gladly give them " ten fiver". Let me stop here. Share yours.
Re: Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos by DaGC(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2014
It happened many years ago. Was a pretty normal day to me. I grew up in Warri so was already used to the stuffs I saw. The only eye opener for me was the traffic and that commercial buses drove with their doors open. Every other thing was a norm to me.
Re: Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos by Momcherry(f): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Op u just took me back memory lane. I remember the first time I visited Lagos.. That was early 90s..was still a little girl..I traveled with my Aunt from the east..for some reasons we got to Lagos at night. The next day, I was the first to jump out of bed to take a view of the much talked about Lagos. The first thing (person) that greeted my sight was a black masquerade..the speed wey I take run back inside pass usain bolt own cheesy. Alarmed I ran to my aunt and told her that I just saw a Yoruba masquerade.. I later learnt that it was not a masquerade but a woman dressed in black (can't remember what they call them again).

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos by cirmuell(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Can't possibly remember I was really young then...but ah, I sure remember how that gala felt in my mouth. cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience On Your First Day In Lagos by Bifwoli: 2:24am On Aug 14, 2014
Never been to Nigeria (I'm a foreigner) but if I do visit Lagos I wanna see ajegunle.

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Home. 'overhyped? / Madiate Of A British Citizen / How True Is This With The Italian Embassy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.