Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Fashion Business Journey..... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Fashion Business Journey..... (977 Views)

Journey: (DAY 20 - $105 so far) Follow Me As I Make Money On Fiverr From Scratch / My Tech Start-up Journey / Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fashion Business Journey..... by cynim: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
I run a fashion outfit CYNIM which designs, and produce male and female custom shirts.
This thread is going to be my day to day journey of how I try to manage and create a sustainable fashion business.
I recently left my job like 7months ago to face the business fully.
It's has been a tedious journey.
I have had issues with tailors especially.
Been trying to come up with a system for production, still thinking of how to do that.
As at now, turned a room in my place to a factory. The tailors I recruited don't stay for long, most complain about distance(Ajah) and I have no accommodation for them. I started looking for a place that I could rent and pay monthly but have not been successful so far.
If you have any advise on how to go about please drop it here thank you.
Re: My Fashion Business Journey..... by IamGodzilla: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
You're determined.
If you would like to give your fashion business an upgrade by taking it online. I could create a website for you.
Re: My Fashion Business Journey..... by cynim: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thanks for now, I have a blog which serves as my online portal. When I'm ready will let you know.
Re: My Fashion Business Journey..... by IamGodzilla: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
cynim: Thanks for now, I have a blog which serves as my online portal. When I'm ready will let you know.
Noted + Following thread!
Re: My Fashion Business Journey..... by databoy247(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
cynim: I run a fashion outfit CYNIM which designs, and produce male and female custom shirts.
This thread is going to be my day to day journey of how I try to manage and create a sustainable fashion business.
I recently left my job like 7months ago to face the business fully.
It's has been a tedious journey.
I have had issues with tailors especially.
Been trying to come up with a system for production, still thinking of how to do that.
As at now, turned a room in my place to a factory. The tailors I recruited don't stay for long, most complain about distance(Ajah) and I have no accommodation for them. I started looking for a place that I could rent and pay monthly but have not been successful so far.
If you have any advise on how to go about please drop it here thank you.

Just keep being determined and you will become established. I am also in the same journey.

I dont know about Lagos, but i believe it will be difficult renting a place and paying monthly. My advice is thus;

Since its difficult keeping tailors for now, and if you cant sew, then why not take the jobs to them. There should be some good ones who will likely reason with you and not charge you exorbitantly.

Secondly, you can locate an existing shop that sells something else (and the shop is kinda scanty), and the shop should be spacious. Discuss with the owner so you can share with him/her. Put one or two sewing machines there and maybe your workers wont complain of distance anymore. This is the only option which you can pay monthly, at least till you get enough money to rent your own.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion Business Journey..... by cynim: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thank you @databoy God bless you. Where are you based? A friend offered her shop but it's in Ikeja and I stay on the island. Will think about it. But she makes women wear.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Mypaga Account / Courier Services / Alexa Ranks Nairaland 8 And SunNews 66 from 9ja,I'll Rather Advertize On Sunnews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.