Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture (498 Views)

The Reading Culture Has Gone From Bad To Worse / What Type Of Magazine Will You Like To Read- National Reading Culture Survey / What Happened To Our Reading Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture by oladimejiX: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
It has come to my notice how a lot of Nairalanders find it difficult reading any article, story or any post they find seemingly long which are often not , most often you will see them comment like "op, post is too long, couldn't finish it" or "which kain long story be that"
I know some people might want to say i'm committing a fallacy of part to general that its not entirely true, just because a few people complain doesn't imply everybody, the literature section of nairaland is one of the least visited sections and posts from here hardly make frontpage, i want to believe other Nairalanders have observed this trend, what's your take on this?
Re: Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture by Silensa(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
the literature section of nairaland is one of the least visited sections and posts from here
hardly make frontpage

Is there even a section named literature section?
But why should someone post threads that is too long when he/she can minimize it. Don't forget the ockham's razor ''
Re: Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture by Bigdreams(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Personally, I think Nairaland is a reflection of what obtains in the larger polity.

The recent results released by WAEC go a long way to reveal the already known fact that our level of education is nothing to write home about.

Rather than allow technological innovations improve them, a lot of teenagers and young adults of this present world have allowed them become the major determinant of their lives. Their attention span is very brief such that they move on to the next exciting thing - a phenomenon likely brought about by the abundance of entertainment in general.

It also goes to show that the reading culture is fast disappearing from our schools.

Way out?

- Our educational system needs to be revamped.
- Parents/guardians have to play their part in monitoring their wards and inculcating good reading habits in them.
- Individuals need to personally determine to improve themselves.

It might seem a herculean task but it's possible.

Thanks.

Re: Nairalanders Poor Reading Culture by wite111(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bigdreams: Personally, I think Nairaland is a reflection of what obtains in the larger polity.

The recent results released by WAEC go a long way to reveal the already known fact that our level of education is nothing to write home about.

Rather than allow technological innovations improve them, a lot of teenagers and young adults of this present world have allowed them become the major determinant of their lives. Their attention span is very brief such that they move on to the next exciting thing - a phenomenon likely brought about by the abundance of entertainment in general.

It also goes to show that the reading culture is fast disappearing from our schools.

Way out?

- Our educational system needs to be revamped.
- Parents/guardians have to play their part in monitoring their wards and inculcating good reading habits in them.
- Individuals need to personally determine to improve themselves.

It might seem a herculean task but it's possible.

Thanks.
.American rapper Tyga and Blac Chyna go their separate ways.Read more here: http://footballgist1..com/2014/08/tyga-and-blac-chyna-split.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

UNAPOLOGETIC (story You Should Tell) / Irish Woman Wins Global Writing Contest And Two Book Contract / The Gates Of Hell Shall Not Prevail Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.