Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,274 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:40 PM

Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu (2431 Views)

Emeka Ojukwu Visits Nnewi Fire Tragedy Scene Today / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
I've been drawn into this debate that I don't like. It is more like 2 people failing an exam with one scoring 30/100 and the other scoring 28/100. In essence both of them failed the exam.

Igbo and Yoruba to me are the key to black man's emancipation as has been shown in their individual contributions to the blackworld from literature to religion to technology to unique culture and business successes. I don't believe there is any hatred amongst the two movers of Nigeria but all I see is unhealthy competition and false ego which the two are guilty of. The Igbos are the more aggressive but the least fortunate in terms of land and water resources amongst the two.

To my caption which is betweem Emeka Ojukwu and Bola Tinubu, a combination of the two first names is Emeka Bola which can be shortened to "EBOLA". Igbos and Yorubas are supposed to be the cure for Nigeria but are turning out a disease for the country. To be continued....
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tribaleas....
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by AkinEgba: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo: I've been drawn into this debate that I don't like. It is more like 2 people failing an exam with one scoring 30/100 and the other scoring 28/100. In essence both of them failed the exam.
Igbo and Yoruba to me are the key to black man's emancipation as has been shown in their individual contributions to the blackworld from literature to religion to technology to unique culture and business successes. I don't believe there is any hatred amongst the two movers of Nigeria but all I see is unhealthy competition and false ego which the two are guilty of. The Igbos are the more aggressive but the least fortunate in terms of land and water resources amongst the two.
To my caption which is betweem Emeka Ojukwu and Bola Tinubu, a combination of the two first names is Emeka Bola which can be shortened to "EBOLA". Igbos and Yorubas are supposed to be the cure for Nigeria but are turning out a disease for the country. To be continued....

Can you explain what you mean by aggression?
And, access to sea is only a simple advantage; it does not translate to wealth. Otherwise all countries with sea access would be wealthy and all without would be poor.

5 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Often times these two groups complement each other and are never dull or lazy. While Igbos are acclaimed traders from the hawking to the bulk import/export, so are the Yorubas service providers from petty mechanic to offshore equipment installers. As a result of this, the two groups usually play symbiotic relationship in business. In Port-Harcourt you can board a taxi driven by Yoruba to Igbo spare parts and then go back to another Yoruba for the car repairs. It almost revolves that way in most things. Contracts for wiring and cable installation in most companies are done by Yorubas while the cables and gadgets are supplied by Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by chiefinalowo: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
There is no basis for the comparison.
Agbari ojuku is a symbol of failure which all ibos worship.
If agbari ojuku is a symbol of failure and ibos are worshipping him;
Then, ibos are failure.

Ire o!

16 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by chiefinalowo: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
During the war Ojuku fled to Abidjan where he fathered many children.
The remaining hopeless ibos surrendered to the Superior Federal Force.
It was recorded that ojuku added more flesh during the war than before it.

10 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by odinma1: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
All I know is that Ojukwu was a useless and selfish coward. He sacrificed the lives of million of my Igbo people for his selfish ambitions.

He was a dishonourable man. I like his wife though Bianca- Chaii Yellow pawpaw, even at her age, her boobies are still standing upright- delicious woman. As far as I know, that was the only accomplishment in Ojukwu's life.

Anambra Adigo Mma cheesy cool cool

11 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by chiefinalowo: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
It is even a mockery of all ibos to have erected ojuku's statue immediately after River Niger Bridge.
A man that ran away from war is now being worshipped by the Igbos.

11 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
AkinEgba:

Can you explain what you mean by aggression?
And, access to sea is only a simple advantage; it does not translate to wealth. Otherwise all countries with sea access would be wealthy and all without would be poor.

Aggressive in the sense that they believe in results more than the process to it. That's why you find Igbos doing anything that will give money. We have no access to sea and our population is very much compared with landmass. Have you ever tried to use google earth to view the area between Owerri and Awka which encompasses much of Imo and Anambra States? You will realize the population crisis brewing there. However Igbos deviced a means of survival by raising their houses higher than other parts of the country as seen from these Onitsha and Aba pictures.

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
the funniest part is when they do this comparison, they know deep in their minds that its all false. Imagine posting pictures of another man's slum when your region is not any better. Crazy people.

8 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo:

Aggressive in the sense that they believe in results more than the process to it. That's why you find Igbos doing anything that will give money. We have no access to sea and our population is very much compared with landmass. Have you ever tried to use google earth to view the area between Owerri and Awka which encompasses much of Imo and Anambra States? You will realize the population crisis brewing there. However Igbos deviced a means of survival by raising their houses higher than other parts of the country as seen from these Onitsha and Aba pictures.
at times you guys talk as if yorubas dont do same, in my opinion, no tribe (Igbos and yorubas) is more successful or more industrious or more criminal than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
The Yorubas somehow 1st witnessed most aspects of civilization including city-dwelling, education, international travel etc. but Igbos in an astonishing manner bridged the entire gap and seems to be on the march to even outdo the Yorubas. Urbanisation of the Yoruba area pre-dates the coming of the Europeans and was rather consequential as a result of wars going on in that area and the need for people to secure themselves by living together in large numbers. Therefore when the Europeans came, cities like Ife, Ogbomosho, Oyo, Ibadan, Abeokuta were already large urban areas while the Igbos then were rural dwellers. Most Igbo cities were planned and built by Europeans in the last century but today some of those places like Aba and Onitsha have even grown to cities of over a million or more.
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by edogirl2: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Why do people rush to throw insults when they can easily read and exit a thread without commenting.

I just don't get it. So sad.

6 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by smallJagaban: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
OJUKWU THAT WAS UNABLE TO GOVERN ONE OF THE STATE IN BEAST REGION.

OJUKWU'S PARTY IS AN. UNDERDOG.PARTY PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE.

TINUBU (JAGABAN) GOVERNED 8 YEARS IN ONE OF STATES IN SOUTH WEST

TINUBU'S PARTY IS PROJECTING YORUBA INTEREST LOCALLY AND AT NATIONAL LEVEL. THE PARTY THAT IS GIVING GOATLUCK SLEEPLESS NIGHT.

#OJUKWU IS A FAILURE

6 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:
at times you guys talk as if yorubas dont do same, in my opinion, no tribe (Igbos and yorubas) is more successful or more industrious or more criminal than the other.

Igbos and Yorubas are equal in success and are both industrious. That's my view.

2 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Did i hear someone call my name

2 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by edogirl2: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo: ...when the Europeans came, cities like Ife, Ogbomosho, Oyo, Ibadan, Abeokuta were already large urban areas while the Igbos then were rural dwellers. Most Igbo cities were planned and built by Europeans in the last century but today some of those places like Aba and Onitsha have even grown to cities of over a million or more.

Must explain the lovely brown roofs in those places, Benin, and some others.

4 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo:

Igbos and Yorubas are equal in success and are both industrious. That's my view.
But chinua ashebe the bigot thinks otherwise. Hear him out:

'Although the Yorubas had a historical head start but the ibos (sic) wiped them off with one fantastic burst of energy' - chinua ashebe, There was a country
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by EasternLeopard: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli: the funniest part is when they do this comparison, they know deep in their minds that its all false. Imagine posting pictures of another man's slum when your region is not any better. Crazy people.

Igbos

Can you see that she is Yoruba

Can you see that she is not happy when we post SW slums

Can you see that she called us crazy people

11 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
edogirl2:

Must explain the lovely brown roofs in those places, Benin, and some others.

Definitely. The same way you find old houses(though better built) in Rome, Paris, London etc. is the case of those rusty roofs. It should be a thing of pride for the wise and nothing to argue or be ashamed of. That my grandfather drove a Volkswagen Beatle is a thing of pride to me and to have it parked in a garage isn't a bad idea while I cruise around town with it once in a while.
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abagworo:

well said.

1 Like

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by kultimate009: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by D0zzybaba: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Iya Salau my neighbor is better than Ojukwu

3 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by MzJackBaueress(f): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
To my caption which is betweem Emeka
Ojukwu and Bola Tinubu, a combination of the
two first names is Emeka Bola which can be
shortened to "EBOLA". Igbos and Yorubas are
supposed to be the cure for Nigeria but are
turning out a disease for the country. To be
continued....
Abagworo this your combination of "EBOLA" is funny o! Lolz!

grin grin
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by kultimate009: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
KIRIJI: But chinua ashebe the bigot thinks otherwise. Hear him out:

'Although the Yorubas had a historical head start but the ibos (sic) wiped them off with one fantastic burst of energy' - chinua ashebe, There was a country
Really? Ashebe? I rest my case
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Igbos

Can you see that she is Yoruba

Can you see that she is not happy when we post SW slums

Can you see that she called us crazy people
if by US you mean tribalist, then yes crazy people. Except its only igbos posting pictures here.

Btw i don't give a damn what you think about me.

8 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
KIRIJI: Did i hear someone call my name
This man ugly dieee!

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Emeca: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
odinma1: All I know is that Ojukwu was a useless and selfish coward. He sacrificed the lives of million of my Igbo people for his selfish ambitions.

He was a dishonourable man. I like his wife though Bianca- Chaii Yellow pawpaw, even at her age, her boobies are still standing upright- delicious woman. As far as I know, that was the only accomplishment in Ojukwu's life.

nwa bingo

1 Like

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by ZnO: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
KIRIJI: But chinua ashebe the bigot thinks otherwise. Hear him out:

A little bit of a better understanding of the statement would help you.

1. Yorubas started something before Igbos
2. Then Igbos came (Abagworo has termed it aggression) .
3. When they came, they wiped out the impact that a late coming caused.
4. And since then have been at par with Yorubas ( again something that Obiagelli, a Yoruba and Abagworo, an Igbo, agree on)

Do you have any evidence of Chinua Achebe claiming Igbo are better than Yoruba? Or you just disagree that both are now equals in something that one began before the other? Or you lack the intellect to understand Achebe's statement? Which one?

10 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Kalvan2000: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
odinma1: All I know is that Ojukwu was a useless and selfish coward. He sacrificed the lives of million of my Igbo people for his selfish ambitions.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool cool cool
Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by WIZGUY69(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
The synonyms for OJUKWU is COWARD.
how will a sane man donate his 3 million fooolish brothers just like that.
anyway, i don't blame him, they are al coward.
The same way customized displayed his cowardice by running away from ilugunboy on sunday. ojukwu the ugly coward. the lord of the ibos. but his party is ruling only one state. and they have even been bought over by the PDP.
SMH.
SOUTH LEAST - NZUZU.
There was a victor, there was a VANQUISHED (Biafra) ---- FFK (2013)

5 Likes

Re: Between Emeka Ojukwu And Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
ZnO:

A little bit of a better understanding of the statement would help you.

1. Yorubas started something before Igbos
2. Then Igbos came (Abagworo has termed it aggression) .
3. When they came, they wiped out the impact that a late coming caused.
4. And since then have been at par with Yorubas ( again something that Obiagelli, a Yoruba and Abagworo, an Igbo, agree on)

Do you have any evidence of Chinua Achebe claiming Igbo are better than Yoruba? Or you just disagree that both are now equals in something that one began before the other? Or you lack the intellect to understand Achebe's statement? Which one?
igbos were at par with every tribe nigeria in the 60s, in fact igbos dominated the civil service and the army.

Btw i am not yoruba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Exit Of IG ABUBAKAR Nigerian Police Returns To Our Roads(PICS) / Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections / An Open Letter To Anambrastate Governor Willie Obiano From A Concerned Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.